How to Prepare for Sorority Recruitment at the University of Texas (Hang w/ some AXO, some KD/DG + Delt, some Sigma Chi, some Kappa Sig) You said nice things about every chapter just to forget dg so you could say something rude. Most houses will already have an idea of girls they like before rush even starts.

If you already know people in the houses, then you wouldnt be on here or Greekrank asking for reputations. I'm rushing KD in the fall. Pi Phis tend to be arrogant, and really don't care what people think of them, they seem to be above it all. Many cheerleaders and pom girls go Zeta. Thats what we call panhellenic spirit, which this website clearly lacks!!!! This is a joke, right? hey!! If you decide that you are not ready before initiation, you can break your pledge from the organization. Ole Miss, Bama, LSU who cares! Usually nice and fun. Alpha Chi Omega. Most, if not all, sororities have sophomore quotas meaning that they have to accept a certain number of girls who rush their sophomore year. TCU's Reputation - TCU - College Confidential Forums I go to UF, and the sorority girls are ridiculous. What about AGD, AOII and Gamma Phi? Chi O: About 50/50 party girls and non-party girls. Usually need connections but if you are outgoing/pretty enough with a little bit of luck you can get in. Your chapter sisters are the ones you need to mesh with. Sorority and Fraternity Chapters - University Of Texas At Austin AEPhi: Fun party girls. Gamma Phi Beta at University of Alabama. There is some good advice there about recruitment in general also. Zetas PC18 is not even in the same league as Chi-O and DDD. Pi Phi is the beautiful, richest sorority on top at my HUGE frat/sor oriented school and kappa and Chi o are the bottom. Seriouslyagainclueless. Agreed that different universities hold sororities in different esteem!! But just looking at their PC compared to KD and even AXD was a shock. All of our chapters are unique, so women have been able to find chapters suited to their needs. I really am hopeful that there is such thing as a classy sorority, but I'm losing hope. Still a top tier house thats almost impossible to get into. Sorry, ladies. Like my mom always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. Just saying what is the truth now. They have a reputation for accepting those who were rejected by top-tier sororities and that they are a backup option for many. Its hard to generalize about a sororitys reputation nationwide; there are many differences from campus to campus. Fraternities Sororities University of Texas at Austin - UT Fraternities Total Fraternities: 38 Overall Average: 63.2% Fraternities - By Name Sort By: Name | Rank Name Rate Ratings Grade Stars Acacia Rate 191 63.65% Alpha Epsilon Pi - Rate 92 64.85% Alpha Sigma Phi - Rate 20 58.55% Alpha Tau Omega - Rate 223 69.38% Beta Chi Theta - Generally everywhere I see pictures of Pi Phi's (top tier) and Tri Delts as having the most consistently beautiful members of the sororities. Nice girls with a strong sisterhood. This may be because the sorority has recently fought its way to the top tier and has a reputation to maintain. Yes, the Pi Phi National standard of being beautiful, rich, blonde, and'hot' is upheld. In fact, you shouldnt even be tiering sororities, because that shouldnt matter. Pi Beta Phi girls (Pi Phis) are considered by most to be top-tier but also have a reputation as fake and superficial. Not a sorority bid. Chapters that are complacent about what they think can never happen will be caught off guard by the rise or groups that have their eye on the ball. Not to mention the hipster/edgy type. Among the negative sentiments about Chi Omega members is that they can be a bit isolated (maybe even exclusionary) and limit themselves to their own philanthropic and social activities over cooperation with other Greek-letter organizations. They take sisterhood seriously and try not to get caught up in drama, which might lead to the sentiment that they're aloof and snobbish. My roommate, whose dad owns half the state, went Pi Phi. Sorority and Fraternity Life Office of the Dean of Students Student Services Building 4.400 100 West Dean Keeton Street Austin, TX 78712 Phone: 512-471-9700 Email: sfl@austin.utexas.edu Office Hours: Office location open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please note that staff are currently on a flexible work arrangement schedule. They do have a reputation, like Kappa, of being snobby, but Kappa seems to care more about their 'image' than Theta or Pi Phi. Some are really nice and some are not at all. They took a lot of girls Theta, Pi Phi, and Chi o all had at pref though so bet some people dont agree with you. Answer (1 of 9): This is an awfully big question, let me try to just point out a few things others have missed. Fake, no, if they don't like you, YOU know!! But some of these sound really fun! At this point I have to assume you have already submitted all of your letters of recommendations and done the required paper work for recruitment. Also, if you do not get a bid from a house that you want, you can rush again your sophomore year (assuming youre currently a freshman). Mar 13, 2019 2:37:18 AM What are the sorority reputations at UT? Bottom Tier: KD, ADPi

Bash me all you want for not waiting until recruitment to find these things out on my own, but I don't want to buy into a perfect front that girls put up and be stuck with a house of coke heads.

You may get some responses, but I think your energy is mis directed

Quite frankly, very, very few PNMs will have much choice of where they are invited back to, or where they get a bid. I'm so glad that i read all the comments before leaving this page. You are funny. AXD They are rushing some of same girls as Chi O, Pi Phi, and Theta for sure but they are taking the good girls some might say boring. DGs tend to enjoy a level of respect among other sororities and fraternities. I think it is slightly ridiculous that people make pages like this. They and their friends are NOTHING like the disbarging comments. The best way to find out whether a sorority is right for you is to participate in recruitment activities and talk with current members. Y'all gave so many girls to them this year who would have loved to be DDD but you dropped them! Especially those that try to tell you what an organization of thousands of women across the entire US is like. A fellow DZ is our Panhellenic President now for 2020. AXiD had a great rush this year, but they have definitely not surpassed KD and ADPi by ANY means. Pretty girls who are clearly having fun and enjoying life in their chapter. The University Panhellenic Council serves as a forum for discussing issues facing collegiate women and the entire Sorority and Fraternity community, and promotes excellence among its membership. Particularly on a very large campus, undergraduates can benefit from the friendship and support a sorority offers. They actually drop out of recruitment than pledge a bottom tier sorority, like kappa Kappa Gamma or DZ. Some sororities have a bigger reputation for drinking and partying than others. This post knows! AXO girls are generally not considered terribly hot or popular, but they are respected for being classy and involved in campus life. I hope that whoever wrote this or may read this can see beyond stereotypes. Pi Beta Phi at Arkansas is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what is posted on here. When you live with someone and work so closely with that person and others, the friendships become important. Delta Zeta is probably the hardest to get in on our campus. I am at a TX college and top tier is Kappa, Theta and Pi Phi. Some are more popular in the northeast and others in the southern states; some sororities focus more on philanthropy or academics and others on social activities. Tami Rogers from Seattle, Washington on February 09, 2015: Both of my daughters are DG's at the University of Washington. Truths About Being In Greek Life | Buzzfeed, 14 Things No One Tells You About Being in a Sorority | Cosmopolitan, The Truths and Lies of Sorority Life | College Magazine. Not one!!! Jason Menayan (author) from San Francisco on July 05, 2016: The title says it all: these are stereotypes. So of course I mean - ignore stupid trash like greekrank.com. What I have learned is that we all have our pre-conceived notions about what sororities are and most of it is crap. Usually pretty and most party, a few don't. It was where I felt I fit in, and I ended up finding out that I would have been extremely unhappy if I'd gone with my old friends.

Greek life at UT has been wonderful for my daughter, but she had to go in with an open mind and keep it. AXD may be bottom but they are great! Theta smart and cute. AEPhis are known to haze. I don't think they've ever missed quota, but every year since my niece started HS 3 years ago, I look at the PC photos and get more concerned. Sorry. Pi Phi has a mix of the two. Each sorority's traits vary by campus. You seem very accurate in your general portrayals of the different sororities. She did not have anyone in any houses pulling for her as our high school is very lowly represented at UT. Rather than judging women before you even meet them, why not talk to them and see if it is right for you? The reputation of Zetas ranges depending on who you talk to, but party girls is a fairly common descriptor; the less charitable have compared Zetas to the cast of the Jersey Shore. from what I know of them. I agree that you have to look at each campus to determine the "worth" of a sorority. Lower Middle Tier: AChiO, DG Usually pretty and party a lot but like AXO don't get big 6 because they are missing something(could be looks, outgoing personality, etc.) I'd say Chi O is more top tier and Pi Phi is universal top tier. For more information, please visitcampuscarry.utexas.edu. And dont let some guy on the internet define what youre chapter is. Nice girls tho who are looking for a sisterhood. X Pi Lambda Chi Latina Sorority, Inc. A lot of incoming high school ladies accepted to UT who end up having the most successful recruitment experiences: 1) Get started preparing for recruitment early.