As Suesan was gently brushing Chloes fluffy mop of hair, she chatted about how to create the doodle look. Talk to your dog in a soothing voice and pet it a lot throughout the grooming process so it feels more relaxed. According to Fox, once visual occlusion was corrected by moving the hair away from these eyes, dramatic changes in behavior occurred, turning . If you take your Goldendoodle to a professional groomer, you can ask them about your Goldendoodle's long lashes. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 206,014 times. F1b Goldendoodles are either: The majority of the time a F1b Goldendoodle will be an F1 Goldendoodle mixed with a full breed Poodle. This article was co-authored by Deanne Pawlisch, CVT, MA. On one hand this is good because youll have less shedding. Ive read several different articles and each.including your info.recommend waiting til 6 months for grooming. Typically this is around 1 inch (2.5cm) long. Or, you can read on for the cliff notes version. Sometimes people wonder whether a groomer actually could get all of the mats out of their doodle and is simply taking the lazy route by shaving her. I prefer the. Thank you for your support! Since their coats are still somewhat curly, checking your wavy hair Goldendoodle for matted hair still needs to be done. However, uniform trimming is recommended for a neat appearance. Instead of trimming at the eye, go slightly above it. She picks up so much grass when she goes out to play that Im cleaning my floors several times a day. Suesan had such a calming presence, a pleasant demeanor, and a friendly smile. Cutting goldendoodle face hairs. Wahl Animal has generously offered to give these products (Wahl Professional 5 in1 Clipper, Wahl 5 in 1 Detachable Blade Set, Wahl Clipper Oil, Wahl Dog Grooming Apron, and Wahl Grooming Tote) to one randomly drawn winner. It can take some time to get a dog used to tooth brushing, so don't expect your dog to love this process right away. Clean your Doodles eyes with a non-alchohal grooming or baby wipe or just warm water on a washcloth. A doodle covered in mats means a shaved down puppy, regardless of whether you prefer the shorn look or not. For around the eyes, start with blunt-tipped scissors, gently trimming away the hair above them. The Goldendoodle hair type can vary depending on the generation of the Goldendoodle itself and the genes that are received from the parents. If you're a goldendoodle owner who'd like to try trimming your goldendoodle, this video is for you! I had no idea that a surprise mini course on how to trim a Goldendoodles face would be part of our experience at the BlogPaws Pet Blogging and Social Media Conference. By bathing your dog, trimming its facial hair a specific way, and taking steps to maintain your grooming job, youll be able to properly groom your Goldendoodles face. Your doodle has a thick coat and will benefit from clippers designed specifically for grooming dogs. Make sure to clip the body hair with a 1 inch clipper guard on your clippers so the hair is cut evenly. Your dog will need regular brushing and nail trimming in between full grooming sessions. Suesan Watson is a third-generation pet stylist with a 40-year career in helping pets look their best. [], [] love grooming Chloe myself at home most of the time, but there are times when I just have to take her to the groomer. I'm glad to hear it's getting better! Thanks so much for your comment! In addition, may Doodles dont like their feet being touched. They are available at all pet supply stores. Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. We want to share all our information with you so you can be confident Goldendoodle parents! wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. To calm it, hold it and comfort it by saying good dog.. clipper guards/attachment combs) bathing and fully blow drying before clipping is definitely a must. A goldendoodle is a wonderful dog breed that is a crossbreed of a poodle and a golden retriever. Here is our how-to video. The teddy bear cut is one of the most popular and cutest Goldendoodle haircuts. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. My golden doodle is has super super curly hair. 3. + Ear Plucking Tutorial, Dog Ear Infection Symptoms, Treatments, and Prevention for Doodles, Silicone-Free Dog Detangler Spray MarshMello Dematt Demo on a Doodle, How to Remove Matted Dog Hair Behind Ears With Cornstarch (Video), Removing Mats on Doodles: Best Dog Detangler Sprays, Removing Matted Dog Hair on Your Doodle: Ultimate Guide, really important not to forget to trim the nails, How to Trim Dog Nails Ultimate Guide: Special Considerations for Doodles, How to Grind Dog Nails With a Dremel Video Tutorial, View All Articles in Doodle Grooming at Home, https://doodledoods.com/diy-dog-grooming-table/, https://doodledoods.com/best-clippers-blades-grooming-goldendoodles/, Disclaimers, Copyright, and Advertising Statements. Feb 13, 2010. a mutt like a "goldendoodle" is a mix, there fore has no "standard hair cut" to follow. She gets to nervous going to a groomer. Brush your Goldendoodle between . Focus on patches of fur that are longer than the rest of your dog's ear hair. By using our site, you agree to our. wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. Use a comb and grooming scissors to clean up the beard so it has a neat appearance. Generally, I groom Chloe myself without concern about taking too much off here or there, but for special occasions like this one (where Chloe and I would be meeting pet brands, pet bloggers, social media experts, and hundreds of other adorable dogs), I took Chloe to a groomer. ake sure to use a ballpoint or blunt-ended scissors only to ensure you do not injury your pup. You can use a cooling spray, or simply lay your blade face down on a ceramic tile or stone countertop. Learn the Right Way to Trim your Dogs SANITARY Area! It's great to have a professional groomer as part of your dog's team! % of people told us that this article helped them. I didnt think it could get better. We also scissor trim the hairs inside of the ear canal. However, when the hair is curly or straight, the change becomes prominent and soft. Hold your dogs head up to shave the neck and chest area. Method 1 Grooming and Trimming Facial Hair 1 Brush your dog and remove mats from its hair. Goldendoodles can be professionally groomed, or as the owner, you can groom your dog yourself. I am not your dogs veterinarian, though. Hi, loves your videos, thanks so much. Yep! Finally, were so grateful to Wahl Animal for being a conference sponsor and helping dog owners care for dogs in the happiest way possible. Don't worry! They are perfect for trimming hair around the eyes, face, ears and paws. With rounded tips on the blades to prevent poking your pup's skin, safety scissors, a.k.a bull nose scissors, provide the safety needed when trimming delicate areas. Get a pair of clippers that are designed for grooming dogs as well as a grooming comb that clips onto the end of the clippers. References. Also, give your dog a treat after each step of the grooming process if it behaves well to help reinforce the good behavior. A dog's nails should be trimmed using a dog nail trimmer. For tips on how to trim your dog's muzzle, read on! If you liked this video or found it valuable, please be sure to give us a thumbs up and subscribe to our channel!Be sure to check out our other videos on YouTube and find our detailed grooming product reviews on our website https://doodledoods.com/Join our email list to win product giveaways! Make sure your dog is calm and not moving before attempting to use clippers around that area of fur so that you don't accidentally injure its eyes. Also keep in mind that coat type impacts appearance. Generally speaking, eyelashes that aren't problematic or causing pain should really be left alone although some owners choose to trim them for cosmetic reasons. For info on best clippers for thick Doodle coats, check here: https://doodledoods.com/best-clippers-blades-grooming-goldendoodles/. Deanne Pawlisch is a Certified Veterinary Technician, who does corporate training for veterinary practices and has taught at the NAVTA-approved Veterinary Assistant Program at the Harper College in Illinois and in 2011 was elected to the board of the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Foundation. Using traditional dog nail clippers or a nail grinder, it is really important not to forget to trim the nails. How do you groom a goldendoodle's face? If giving your Goldendoodle a haircut at home is not your idea of a fun time, take them to the groomer for their haircut. Again, keep in mind that every doodle is different. The curlier the coat type of your Goldendoodle, the more often he/she will have to be groomed. Be careful when you are cleaning your dog's ears. Whats the Best Way to Groom a Pomeranian? Trim as much as you can on the tail and the butt area. Your dog will seen be feeling much less like Santa Clause! You likely wouldn't put your child through such a hair-pulling experience, and you honestly don't want your dog to go through that either. With dog nail clippers, start by trimming the tips of the nails and gradually chisel away at them to shorten them further. It will likely take a few trips to the groomer to figure out exactly what you like for your special pup. When you have achieved generally uniform ear length and shape of your liking, use your thinning shears to blend your lines. I later learned that Suesan Watson is a third-generation pet stylist with a 40-year career in helping pets look their best. They will cut through the dog's fur quickly and effectively. http://doodledoods.com/enter-to-win/Join our Facebook community for doodle support, helpful info, adorable pictures, contests, giveaways, and more! Once you are generally happy with the overall shape, again use your thinning shears to blend your lines. The Goldendoodle's coat texture and coloring, which depend on the pup's parents' genetics, may be apricot, reddish-brown, cream, gold, black, or multi-colored. & DIY Grooming Tips, Doodle Haircut Styles: Variations With Pictures for #Inspo! I prefer a flatter top that gently angels into the ears without an abrupt line (as generally seen on poodles). The metal tooth comb can help get any tangles out that the slicker brush may have missed. If youre wondering how to trim a Goldendoodles face, youve come to the right place. Heres a good video on how to do that: In the video above, we clip the head, neck, and face to match the length of the body. Clipping The Tail. Learn how your comment data is processed. It's been a while since your goldendoodle's last grooming appointment, and she's beginning to resemble Chewbacca. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 15,564 times. ", my husband held the dog for security for her. Gently brush the ears using a steel comb. At this point, you will need to stop clipping and allow the blade to cool down before proceeding. Excellent for everyday use. Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means that at no additional cost to you we may make a small commission if you click on the link & make a purchase. The clippers you use on your own head will overheat and wear out quickly trimming your doodle's coat. A metal comb works best for curly coated doodles while a grooming rake may work well for wavier coated doodles. Don't freak out, and try to cut your groomer a little slack. Stumped. moments. Do not use grooming scissors on your Goldendoodle.