I think hed had a troubled life I hope grade cricket was a positive community for him. Spectators are generally few and far between at matches, mostly family members, partners or club members. To put the length of his first-grade career in context, rough calculations show Aitken has spent just under two-and-a-half years of his life out on a cricket field, dressed in creams and an array of colourful one-day uniforms. Are you still involved in Cricket and if so, in what capacity? Complex strategic question for Australian cricket given direction of the game globally. endobj Get the latest scores, news, highlights, live radio and live video streaming. What did you like most about playing grade cricket in Sydney? <> Cricket. In 1965 Sutherland joined the competition, followed by Nepean (now Penrith) and University of NSW in 1973. Whats been your most memorable moment in cricket? His father was a small-town schoolmaster and young Bill was above average at several sports, including tennis, athletics and rugby. Randwick Petersham Poidevin-Gray Final Preview vs Parramatta a player was a sub, or matches that didn't commence (eg abandoned matches). How was I to know that I was about to cross swords with the greatest cricketer that ever set foot on a cricket field ? By default, the shading indicates records from the past week, or failing that, the most recent entry. Australian Test cricketer Warren Bardsley played 35 seasons in the early 1900s, while Monty Noble, Greg Matthews and Anthony Clark all featured in 31 seasons. The 2021/22 champions were the Randwick Petersham Cricket Club. 2023 Gains. Sydney Poidevin-Gray Shield (Sixers Conference) Men U21. He played only one more Test, the one-off game against New Zealand at Wellington in March 1946 when he was already 40. 49. KINGSGROVE SPORTS MEN'S FIRST GRADE TEAM OF THE YEAR - 2021/22 Captain Scott Rodgie (Northern District); 813 runs & 32 wickets Batters Justin Avendano (UTS North Sydney); 836 runs Joshua Clarke (Western Suburbs); 826 runs Daniel Solway (Bankstown); 715 runs Angus Robson (Eastern Suburbs); 705 runs Raveesh Srivastava (Fairfield-Liverpool); 652 runs Mobile: 0414 486 438. This was a woman clad in black who would have been as arch-feminist as they come, recognising this mans genius. What is your highest score in grade cricket? Clubs in the 2021/22 season of NSW Premier Cricket are: Sydney's suburban sprawl over the past 120 years has seen the introduction of new outer-suburban clubs and the disappearance or mergers of some inner-city clubs. In 1985 Sydney District CC left the competition but 3 new clubs from the outer suburbs of Sydney joined - Fairfield, Campbelltown and Hawkesbury. In 73 matches, she has notched up 1,093 runs at an average of 21.86 and a strike rate of 122.2,. The most successful club no longer in the competition is Paddington which won 9 first grade titles between 1894/95 and 1953/54 before being forced to merge with Glebe-South Sydney to form the Sydney District CC in 1965 - this merged club later left the competition in 1985. endobj Grade cricket hastens ones ability to understand and manage hostility and aggression, whether on the field or off. 6 Herb Elliott Avenue. I can still see the ball going to the boundary and feeling the elation of that. These points go towards the Club Championship which is awarded at the end of the regular season. Take cricket with you everywhere! Probability And Statistics For Engineering And The Sciences Jay Devore, an award-winning professor and internationally recognized author and Probability and Statistics for Engineering and the Sciences. Sydney Grade Cricket (@SydneyGradeRumo) / Twitter not out. Cricket longevity is in Aitkens blood. - 18/03 Sat 2:00AM suns - swans - 18/03 Sat 7:10PM giants - crows - 18/03 Sat 9:20PM hawks - Bombers - 18/03 Sat 10:40PM saints - dockers - 23/03 Thu 1:20AM blues - cats - 24/03 Fri 1:50AM lions - demons - 24/03 Fri 7:45PM magpies - power - 24/03 Fri 10:35PM crows - tigers - 25/03 Sat 1:25AM bulldogs - saints - 25/03 Sat 1:30AM dockers - kangaroos o Number of registered gymnasiums located in Sydney o Length of a basketball court o Maximum number of players on a netball team . You can change the session length in settings. Batting average: Total runs scored/total number of On Saturday, the 46-year-old all-rounder will become the first player in the 128-year history of Sydney grade cricket to chalk up 500 first-grade matches when he strides out for North Sydney against St George. Teams are divided into a Sixers Conference and a Thunder Conference. 3 0 obj He enjoyed a great career with Balmain. While Sir Donald walked the corridors of cricketing power O'Reilly was the rumbustious backbencher. Who was the funniest cricketing team-mate? I do some communications work on the side too. Sydney Cricket Club pays our respects to the Traditional Owners of the lands on which we work and play, and acknowledges that these lands were never ceded. Click here to find out more about the Belvidere Cup, including scores and contact details. I remember I made 14 not out, and absolutely loving the experience. ",#(7),01444'9=82. Steve Waugh Profile - Cricket Player Australia | Stats, Records, Video Sydney Cricket Ground Cricket Team Records & Stats | ESPNcricinfo.com Tweet By default, the shading indicates records from the past week, or failing that, the most recent entry. endobj 13 0 obj The brothers also cuffed him a lot, possibly because he was starting to show them up. <> Click the links below to skip to that section. By Jay L. 592+ Math Tutors 4.9/5 Star Rating Probability and Statistics for Engineering and the Sciences Legends of the game like Christina Matthews, Belinda Clark, Lisa Keightley and Lisa Sthalekar, as well as current players Alex Blackwell, Rene Farrell, Ellyse Perry, Ashleigh Gardner and Alyssa Healy have all spent regular time in the NSW Women's Premier Cricket competition. Day 2 of Game 1 matches, following time lost on Day 1, Download DLS 2020 Version 4.0 (Requires Java 8.0 or later), Cricket Australia Grade Club Grant Application, McDonalds Grade Club Facility Grants Guidelines, Start of Season Coaching Grant Application, Nomination for SCA Committee of Management, Forms - Umpire's Match Report_Premier Cricket. <>/ExtGState<>/XObject<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> Most amateur cricketers know when to call it a day. Too many. We welcome local, interstate and international players looking to join an inclusive and integrated club that provides both great enjoyment and a pathway to the future. Because of some caution they put us in the 2nd XI competition, and we just so happened to have a team with four future 1st graders. % <>/Metadata 6412 0 R/ViewerPreferences 6413 0 R>> We also pay our respect to Elders past and present. The competition began in 1893 when a number of clubs that had been playing for many years on an ad hoc basis voted to create a formal competition structure. I compounded this problem by confusing our opponent and telling Dad we were playing at Raby Oval in Campbelltown. Left to right: James, Glenn and Rob. Note: the total number of dismissals is determined by number of batting innings minus number of not out innings. Click here to download and view the NSW Premier Cricket Statistics Annual 2020-21. On Saturday, the 46-year-old all-rounder will become the first player in the 128-year history of Sydney grade cricket to chalk up 500 first-grade matches when he strides out for North Sydney against St George. Venue description: One of the oldest Test venues, Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) hosted its first Test an Ashes encounter between Australia and England, way back in 1882. Medical and Health Care - General Manager Cutera ANZ | Health and Beauty. Sign up successfully. x]o0#?0 -4&0"~6c*6% +sq2C>7pq+Y/)wI|YlrS8u]FWg`G Are there any lessons from your time in cricket that you take into work or life in general? Number of matches played - not including matches where Will they enjoy success in Australia, like they did in South Africa? I like to read, listen, speak with interesting people about politics, social issues, Australia. At one point I got him away to the boundary, and ran a tight single next ball. I dont think time is an issue. Winners include former NSW and Australia great Bob Simpson, who claimed the first O'Reilly Medal in 1968 and again in 1973, as well some of the Blues finest servants like Greg Mail, Dominic Thornely, Trent Copeland, Grant Lambert and Gavin Robertson. I remember sitting on the couch at home before the game in my full whites, very nervous. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. While the ball is still a four-piece ball, its seam is less pronounced and more difficult to swing. Or similarly, that all the flowers of tomorrow are in the seeds of today. The cricket is obviously excellent, and allows for great satisfaction when looking back at memories and achievements whether its your own or others. As an adult, ex-Tasmanian wicketkeeper Mark Atkinson was a major influence on my cricket. When O'Reilly died, Bradman said he was the greatest bowler he had ever faced or watched. 1; Garrison Ground (1848-1877), Association Ground . UTS North Sydney's Team of the 2010s - North Sydney CC The 1st Grade Draw can be found here [2] and the 2nd Grade draw, which is identical to the 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade draws, can be found here [3]. I didnt get a bowl, and was listed to bat 11. Bowlers, in particular fast bowlers, have had to work much harder at getting wickets. Im still 30 in my own mind. Well, not for the first couple of overs, anyway. NSW Premier Cricket Manager. The Grade Cricketer Podcast, The Grade Cricketer on 7Sports and writes for the Guardian and other publications. Of course when he bowled I could barely see the ball. The match was Gurr's only known Test Match while Hobbs scored one more Test. Click button below to view live streaming on Youtube. 170 Followers Join the cricket network to promote your business and expertise. Blacktown Mounties Cricket Club has enjoyed a short history in grade cricket but it has set itself up to become a dominant force in the Sydney Premier Cricket Competition. But his figures have to be judged by the fact that all but one of his Tests came in the 1930s, when other bowlers were dominated by batsmen to an unprecedented extent. Click here to find out more about the McDonalds Womens Premier Cricket competition, including scores and contact details. Sydney Grade Cricket @SydneyGradeRumo Latest Sydney Grade Rumours/News please tweet! What follows is a survey of the current English county cricketers who have spent time in 1st grade in Sydney. Match status (MS) Progress result entered Final result entered, unconfirmed Result in dispute Final result entered and confirmed Official result Matches in red have been copied from another grade as part of a re-grading process. The list of award winners includes NSW greats Belinda Clark, Bronwyn Calver, Michelle Goszko, Sarah Aley and current Australian allrounder Ashleigh Gardner, who won her first Player of the Year Award in 2020/21. The NPT20 Championships will bring together the best Premier clubs from around the country. Rob Aitken bowling for North Sydney in 2013. TGC allows for the authentic story of cricket the way most people experience the game to bubble up and be shared, which I think people appreciate. The best we have finished in our 22 years is 4th in 2004-05. The A W Green Shield, or Greenies as it is more commonly known, comprises teams who represent their grade sides in an Under 16 competition consisting of 7 preliminary rounds, qualifying finals, semi-finals and a Final. The Sydney Cricket Club has a long and proud history as a strong performer in Premier Cricket, and as a pathway to representative honours. Website by. Cricket, Push-ups, Squats. I remained there for my early years of grade cricket, before switching to Norths when I was 20. My dad [Bob] played until he was 48 in first grade [391 games from 1960 to 1988]. Founded in 1972/73, the NSW Women's Premier Cricket competition comprises First, Second and Third Grade, as well as the Brewer Shield for U/18 players. The 2010/11 season, for all grades, included 10 two-day matches (generally played on two consecutive Saturdays), 4 one-day matches and 1 Twenty-20 match. Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127. He was transferred back to Sydney in time for the 1931-32 season and after four more matches made his dbut for Australia. 8 0 obj Cogent point. Reset. It was the 11th time he had taken five in an innings in Tests. Click here to find out more about Kingsgrove Sports T20 Cup including scores and details. I took 4/30-odd against Campbelltown at Raby in 3s for Balmain in 2003 (or so). But it didn't take long to see the greatness; the control of leg-break, top-spinner and googly; the change of pace and trajectory without apparent change in action; the scrupulous length; the vitality; and, informing and rounding all, the brain to diagnose what patient required what treatment.