Main Phone: 203.625.5800. Aidan Karson will be our starting point guard. Translate Translate . The Ambulatory curriculum includes experiences in a wide variety of Internal Medicine and non-Medicine specialties while stressing high value primary care, continuity, disease prevention, and attention to health care disparities. This team is very inexperienced at the FCIAC varsity level. Villanova's Justin Moore (5) fights for control of the ball with Connecticut's Adama Sanogo (21) during the second half of an NCAA college basketball game in the semifinal round of the Big East . Brunswick brought six wrestlers to the 2023 National Prep Wrestling Championships in Maryland this weekend, Bruins Top Nobles in OT, Advance to Elite 8 Semis, Ski Team Caps Best Season in School History, 'Wick Falls to Kent, Finishes Fourth in Nation, Basketball, Varsity (vs Greens Farms Academy), Non-Discrimination Policy & State Disclosures. Facebook . 2 Darien tips No. We are probably going to play with two bigs on the court most of the time, Trimmer noted. Below is an evolving list of Connecticut natives and state prep school football players in the Class of 2023 who have signed letters of intent to play football in college. Due to today's weather, EGPS schools and offices are closed today - Tuesday, February 28, 2023, Email: crhodes@egsd.net. Head Coach 10 Hillside Rd Greenwich, CT 06830. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. SE Missouri at SIU-Edwardsville, 4:30 p.m. Texas A&M Commerce at Incarnate Word, 5 p.m. Northwestern St. at Texas A&M-CC, 5:30 p.m. Utah Valley St. at Abilene Christian, 7 p.m. Cal St.-Fullerton at CS Bakersfield, 4 p.m. Tarleton St. at Texas Rio Grande Valley, 7:30 p.m. UC Santa Barbara at UC San Diego, 10 p.m. Loyola Marymount at Pepperdine, 10:30 p.m. Morgan St. at Md.-Eastern Shore, 7:30 p.m. Grambling St. at Bethune-Cookman, 7:30 p.m. South Carolina at Mississippi St., 9 p.m. Incarnate Word at Northwestern St., 9 p.m. Sam Houston St. at Stephen F. Austin, 7:30 p.m. New Mexico St. at Abilene Christian, 8 p.m. Kuzmich did much of the damage, making 7 of her 10 shots and adding a game-high 11 rebounds. Game Schedule - Greenwich High School. We knew, barring anything drastic, it was going to be us and Duanesburg again. Schools . Westport, CT. Pub. To create a basketball program for Greenwich High School and the Greenwich community that's core goal is to foster student-athletes that are defined by their academic production, their High School community involvement, their sportsmanship, and their overall hard work ethic on and off the court to best prepare them for life after High School. Reegan Mullen finished with 12 points for Greenwich and Grace Autiello added eight. Coach Minichino graduated from Greenwich High School in 2009. Anderson received All-FCIAC Honorable Mention recognition for the impressive season she produced last winter. GCDS works with every athlete to make sure that they are ready in all facets of the game. TROY Greenwich just wanted the chance to play Duanesburg again. 2.) Explore our athletic teams in the Upper and Middle schools to see how our student-athletes compete at the highest level and embody sportsmanship. Pub. If we can get after teams defensively, I think were going to be pretty good.. Middle School 1275 King Street Office: 203.242.1202. GREENWICH From 4-16, to 12-9 and an appearance in the CIAC Division II Tournament. They could have hung it up then, said coach Dan Goscinski, even though Litchfield was the league tournaments No. Please subscribe to keep reading. Brunswick School Greenwich, CT. Upper School 100 Maher Avenue Office: 203.625.5856. Aside from football, he played and lettered in Varsity Boys Volleyball at GHS. Skip To Main Content. Having this title is very big, my sister (Emily) was also a captain her junior and senior year and I saw the way she stepped up and I want to step up for all these people. JOHNSTOWN Coming into the season, it had been 15 years since either the Fulton-Montgomery Community College men's or women's basketball team had won a regional title.The men last claimed the . "Going through our roster, we have quick guards all across Im really excited about the team, we have a lot of team unity, which is good for the chemistry, said Riggs, who earned All-FCIAC Second Team honors last season. She doesnt get intimidated.. We finally want to put a banner up. Litchfield Coach Dan Goscinski guaranteed his Cowboys would stamp their presence in a BL Tournament Championship loss to cross-town rival Wamogo Thursday afternoon at Wamogo High School. Feb. 23, 2023. . During the 2021-2022 season, Greenwich produced a solid record of 13-10, while qualifying for both the FCIAC and CIAC Division II tournaments. Two foul shots and his fifth trey of the night put the Warriors out of reach at 60-49, with 1:22 remaining. Senior Jack Quinn, who is 6-8, gives Greenwich an imposing presence in the low post at the center position. kevin_avery@greenwich.k12.ct.us, Alex Santos We can play with a bigger lineup or smaller lineup.. Kelly Martyanov, a senior power forward/center has rejoined the Cardinals. No live or upcoming events currently scheduled, 2023 NFHS Network LLC NFHS Network is part of the CBS Sports Digital Network. Hes a tremendous athlete who has improved his shooting he is the primary ballhandler and quarterback of our offense. In the second half, Femia clogged the paint against Litchfields attack. Sure enough, it was, and were lucky enough to come out on top.. TROY One very rough quarter Tuesday in which nothing at all went right sent South Glens Falls home from the Section II Girls Basketball Tournament. Updated with Friday's results. 2023 CIAC Girls Basketball Tournament Scoreboard / Schedule. Nordstrom sank another three; Ferrer had two, one of them with two seconds left on a steal by Femia. Didn't you hear Amanda's movin' back to Colorado? Photo by David Fierro: Kayla Anderson, left and Kristin Riggs are senior captains of Greenwich's girls basketball team. Wyatt killed us on the offensive glass, Goscinski said. This year we can be putting up 65, 70 up a night.. On 2/22, the Greenwich varsity basketball team lost their home conference game against New Canaan (CT) by a score of 64-52. After excelling at Trinity Catholic, he went on to play at the University of Connecticut, which won three Big East titles while he was on the squad and captured the NCAA National Championship in 1999. dan_harkins@greenwich.k12.ct.us, Kevin Avery Greenwich scoring: Kuzmich 7-7-21, Niesz 2-0-5, Mullen 5-2-12, Abate 1-1-3, Autiello 2-4-8, Davis 1-0-2. Hernandez stepped down as coach, following 10 successful seasons at the helm, which included an appearance in the CIAC Class LL Tournament final (2016), a trip to the Class LL semifinals (2020) and a spot in the championship game of the FCIAC Tournament (2015). 1177 King Street, Greenwich, CT 06831 203.531.6500 Located on a beautiful 110-acre campus in Greenwich, Connecticut, Sacred Heart Greenwich is an all-girls' Catholic, independent college-preparatory day school that offers a rigorous academic program that challenges students to take on a variety of leadership roles on campus and beyond. She just gets the job done. 4.) Femia had two putbacks, including one on his own miss, then fed Nordland for a layup that put the Warriors in charge 23-20. Litchfields Lapinsky stole the ball for a five-foot bank by Quesnel, then stole it again for a solo race downcourt, 55-49. Quinn came off the bench last season, providing the team with scoring and rebounding. Greenwich High School Football piles up for a team photo with their Championship plaque after the Class LL State Championship game between on New Canaan and Greenwich on December 8, 2018 . Everybody was locked in and focused, Slater said of Fridays game. Indeed, the Greenwich boys basketball team showed significant improvement during its 2018-2019 season, after . The backcourt should be solid, they are just inexperienced. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Your email address will not be published. This is my second year as captain and it was a little different last year, because of a shorter season, but its nice to be able to get out here, especially since two of my seasons were cut short, Riggs said. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). Jonathan Brennan can play both the guard and small forward positions. The Tennis Coach is responsible for the supervision of campers while . Directions; Contact. Varsity Boys Basketball. It was their night, Herron said. Greenwich finished with a record of 4-9 last season, but didnt play a number of its usual FCIAC opponents since the season was shortened and modified due to COVID-19 safety guidelines. You can cancel at any time. Were out here to get some wins and try to make a run for states and I think all of us are excited to work together.. I worked hard this season to be the best player and leader I can be for this team to make it better.. College Basketball Schedule. to prepare them to become productive, responsible, ethical, creative and compassionate members of society. "I am looking forward to working with the class of 2027! Bea Owens, Marielle Povinelli and Sarah Peng were the graduates from Greenwichs 2020-2021 team. To create a basketball environment in the entire Greenwich community with the fundamental purpose and ideology that the commitment to hard work and discipline will lead to an excellent high school basketball experience to be continued for years to come. Last year was a learning experience for me. Riggs and Anderson each played important roles in Greenwichs journey to the Class LL semifinals during the 2020 season, which was suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While most teams in the state have already begun their respective seasons, Greenwich still has to play its season-opener. We fell short, but we definitely knew that we had the talent to put a banner up in the gym. 0. I was very excited about what the roster looked like after tryouts, said Greenwich coach Todd Trimmer, who is beginning his third season at the helm. The Cardinals are two seasons removed from earning a spot in the Class LL Tournament semifinals. CT. 06830 (203) 625-8000. by F'field Ludlowe. Our rivalry games are awesome. In Fridays contest, Kuzmich scored late in the second quarter to give the Witches a 19-17 halftime lead, and Greenwich stayed in front for the final 16 minutes. It's 2013 and the end of my life Freshman's year's about to plummet just a little harder But it didn't 'cause we kissed on that Halloween night . With versatility in the backcourt and frontcourt, Greenwich has the potential to hold its own offensively. 1 in first CT Coaches Poll of 2022. The high school playoff schedule. Greenwich CT 06830. High School Scoreboard; Football; Basketball; UConn; Hockey; . Duanesburg's Ella Raymond, left, walks off the court as Greenwich's Reegan Mullen and Norah Niesz run to embrace next to her at HVCC Friday, March 3, 2023. Scott Ericson is a high school . NFHS Network is part of the CBS Sports Digital Network. 5.) Check out our social stories to see the day-to-day events, games, and activities happening across the Athletics at GCDS. Freshman Coach Last year, it was our time, and this year, its their time. We take and make a lot of 3s, Slater said. Im just happy with how we executed it.. To create a basketball program for Greenwich High School and the Greenwich community thats core goal is to foster student-athletes that are defined by their academic production, their High School community involvement, their sportsmanship, and their overall hard work ethic on and off the court to best prepare them for life after High School. This year I have to fill those shoes and become a leader forthe team.. Moses hit five 3-pointers and finished with 18 points, but shot just 5 of 20 from the floor. Last year was a big learning year for me, I was behind Chason, Quinn said. ESF Camps is hiring Tennis Camp Coaches to join our mission-driven team at Greenwich Catholic School in Greenwich, CT! 6: 3:15-5:00pm Unified Sports High School Basketball CIAC (Tolland . Penn at Princeton, Noon. Brunswick has secured the No. 2023 CIAC Girls Basketball Quarterfinal. Catholic Central erupted for a 23-3 run . He was a three-time All-State Team selection while playing a starring role for Trinity Catholics basketball team and was a member of the Crusaders 1992-1993 FCIAC championship team.