its worse when car is warmed up and reaching over 40mph The only way I know to test those is to heat the element in our oxygen rich atmosphere and test for the output voltage to be in the proper range. Any codes? We are possibly buying a saturn outlook with you posted. A forum community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Any offensive, obscene, or lude comments will be ineligible to win the giveaway.8. Help Car sputters/bucks around 40-45 mph. - Focus Fanatics Forum If you let your fuel injectors continue to be dirty, then it will impact how much fuel gets injected into the chamber. I'll see how the car runs as the weather gets warmer here in Chicago. How to Fix Car Hesitation - YouTube Yes, it is safe to attach a battery charger to the trunk power lugs. Car engine hesitation is a noticeable problem that can occur as youre driving. I suspect you cleaned, as anyone would, the MAF/IAT sensors at the same time, more likely the actual "misfire" cause, as installing the O2 sensor. Any type of miss, or lean condition, like a clogged injector will cause a code to be set. Post Reply . No code. Mechanics computer says one of my engine coils needed to change and so I changed all of them. The winner will receive a reply to their originally posted comment in the video and will also be announced in a newly posted comment by Scotty around Sunday 9 am CST. The frustrating thing about the diff'l mount failure symptom is that there was no CEL at all. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. They are so much better. Idles a little rough at times as well. This obviously means we are imagining it, NOT. What seems to make the problem better or worse? Shaking subsides at around 45 mph. This comes and goes but happens enough that I have a service appointment scheduled for tomorrow with the dealership. 8 Reasons Your Car Engine Is Sputtering And How To Fix It - Mechanic Base I have a 1996 Saturn SC2. Hesitation/Stuttering While Driving Between 40-50 MPH vicjrblue Member Posts: 1 January 2016 edited January 2016 I purchased my Torrent October 2014 and it had approx. Car is Hey guys, went out and purchased a clear filter like Rudi posted up. Its loke being in the In your shoes, I would delay doing the fluid replacement stuff until after doing the basics and then continue hunting the sputter/bucking problem. Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing When this is not working properly, you may also notice a strong smell of fuel. The engine control unit depends on the MAP sensor to determine the engine load. Drives fine otherwise. Car advice. They're only slightly more than the OEM types, but you can dissassmble and clean them out on the fly in less than four minutes. Thanks for all your input. When I bought it they said I have to shut off the engine in neutral and start again for it to move for a while and the same cycle happens again. If I start below those RPMs or above there it shifts and goes fine, no bogging down either. All 4 are the same sensor its just the cable lengths which are different. Any ideas? When trying to answer why your car hesitates when accelerating, the most common reason might be the mass airflow sensor is clogged or damaged. My Honda Pilot 04 hesitates while picking up after I had slowed down a bit. Drive it long enough that way & a CEL will appear, prob. Hesitation on acceleration. (This after we changed the fuel filter.). If I am not driving at that speed and accelerating in the same rpm range . My stabilize traction control light came on but went off now check engine light is on and my car hesitates when I step on the gas and go up a hill I got a 2011 Chevy cruze. The children are from the small town of Bad Arolsen in the central German state of Hesse, and are reportedly in the 10th grade, meaning they are aged 16 and 17. Very common problem on the LS400 specially 1995/1996. It is real worse on highway when cars get hot. JavaScript is disabled. If i slowly and accelerate and do not push the pedal with force and try to keep the speed constant around 35 mph and then slowly accelerate from that speed it almost hesitates, feels extremely sluggish.. Paste as plain text instead, To quote a phrase, "If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth! I recently wrote an article on limp mode, which is due to be published soon. About a month or so ago, the car started hesitating, almost a sharp jerking, when it gets to around 40-50 MPH. November 27, 2011 in 90 - 00 Lexus LS400, I am sharing my experience with this chronic problem of misfire at a certain speed when cruising that I see repeatedly in this forum, First I admit that this forum helped me a lot to find the cause of my problem but unfortunately after spending lot of money in changing many parts, First thing I want to say is that many issues can lead to the same symptoms of hesitation or misfire between 40 to 60 mph, Hesitation at this speed does not mean that the engine is only hesitating at this speed and THIS IS THE TRICK, The misfire is clearly felt at this speed because the torque converter clutch is engaged that means the engine and transmission are considered as 1 unit so any slight misfire in the engine will be felt in the transmission and this is happening only when cruising. You might need to replace your MAF sensor which is your mass airflow sensor and definitely check your fuel rail and fuel injectors. If you give it WOT the stumble will not happen or if you do like a passing a car event, the problem . Still there. If you are still having trouble, From what you've described, it sounds like you have a head gasket leaking into the engine cylinder and then out of the exhaust. I'm thinking it 2. Why don't we agree to call the described symptom as engine "tugging" rather than "misfire" which could be misleading. How to Repair Engine Hesitation Problems - 2CarPros Entrants are required to release YouTube from any and all liability related to this giveaway.17. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Let's Jump In! Started September 12, 2022, Lexus Owners Club of North America Sure hope not but seen it happen on other cars. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. You must log in or register to reply here. 30-40 mph hesitation - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums Those cars ran fine as well. This generally will happen at the same speed with consistency as the transmission continues to corrode. Car hesitates when accelerating. I assumed that once the ECU detected that one of the sensors was faulty it simply relied on the opposite for fuel trim corrections/adjustment. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. What is your rpm at 40 mph on a level road? 1) Bad Throttle Position Sensor The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle valve's position and then relays this information to the engine control unit. Does the same thing while in gear and while accelerating as it shifts to the next gear it hesitates each time it shifts through all four gears. Releasing my leg from the throttle and it picks up speed for a while but when I press the gas pedal it hesitates. This is how the timing of fuel injections into the chamber is made. I can barely discern a vibration in the vehicle, but if I have my foot just over the accelerator pedal, I can feel it vibrate in unison with the noise. Saturn Outlook we are looking at. Youll probably need to take it somewhere to have the issue diagnosed. Lexus # 89465-50120 / Denso OEM # 234-4138 / Denso Universal # 234-4209 / Bosch OEM # 13441 / Bosch Universal # 15733, Bank 1 Sensor 2 - Driver's side (rear) near catalytic converter. It goes away when I get out of that window of speed or push OD off. That rules out 2, 3, and 4 of your theory. Flat, hill, doesn't matter. Camry 5th and 6th Gen '02-'11, Solara '04-'08. This obviously means we are imagining it, NOT. What could be the problem? You are using an out of date browser. I noticed that during acceleration onto the freeway or on inclines, the vehicle would start to hestitate or stutter as I referred to it. This is what it means when the car engine hesitates. The fuel filter 's job is to filter the fuel going to the fuel injectors and then enter the engine. How to stop car hesitation. When the air/fuel mixture in your engine is too rich, a blockage can develop in the catalytic converter over time which disrupts the airflow of the exhaust system. Spark plug health, Air Filter clean, Fuel Filter replacement. Car has about 47K miles and has had all maintenance performed. Im not sure. It doesn't happen all the time and doesn't matter what kind of incline I'm on. My car hesitate when you start and start driving it does not move then after a jurk it moves. Check plugs / wires , it may have Upload or insert images from URL. Sorry, I find it a bit hard to accept that a defective MAIN O2 sensor in an engine with TWO sensors, would result in a lean misfire. I took my car to the dealer (after they fought me on it) to find out that it was the spark plugs (whicjh BTW arent covered under warranty, so if you dont have a warranty it can de pricey if it's more than one plug.) Can you narrow down when it hesitates? If you do not agree to these terms, then do not enter the giveaway.Things used in this video:1. The car seems to hesitate in 4th gear right around 43 mph. Car runs great between 0-40 mph and from about 50 mph on up When the transmission shifts, engine noise usually will quiet down, and the RPMs will drop. fuel pump. It also makes noise when the cars sitting at a light or stop sign. If this is the case, it means something has gone wrong with the car that makes the engine or transmission computer think it needs to run a really conservative calibration to protect the powertrain. Not just one plug like three on pass side maybe one on other side .. now not smoking so. If any of the components in your fuel system stop working correctly, like your fuel injectors, fuel pump, or fuel pressure regulator, then your engine wont get the proper amount of fuel it needs for combustion. Hesitation. I have a2016 Nissan Sentra my car flutrate sometimes like it wanna kill ,put it on a machine and no codes come up,Can u tell me whats wrong. Bill Gate's would stoop to driving an LS? When is the last time the spark plugs have been replaced? It has started bucking under load, feels like it is losing a cylinder when accelerating and I get a sweet smell like kerosene. drive train shudder between 30 and 40 mph | Traverse Forum Cheap Scan Tool: https://amzn.to/2D8Tvae3. That's also why a crack in the exhaust, even downstream of the O2 sensor element, will result in a CEL, oxygen can get to the sensor before it has time to cool. Our certified mechanics come to you Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guaranteeFair and transparent pricing. Acceleration problem above 35 mph - Car Forums and Automotive Chat My car hesitates or has trouble when I hit 40 mph..accelerate..cars There are a range of reasons why your car is juddering when you accelerate. JavaScript is disabled. I had it flashing CEL for 10 seconds but it never stored a code (trust me, I have the stuff to find out). I tried the MAF/MAP route but had no luck. Youll probably have to take it to a shop to get that diagnosed. The dealership did mention that since it was need 100,xxx mi. Same symptoms as you describe. The hesitation around 40 and 50 would be in keeping with that theory. It starts as the Rav slows through 40 MPH; sometimes starting around 42-45 MPH and will continue through about 35 MPH. Mark helpful 60 ESBJr answered 7 years ago Thanks for the help.I'll try those. A clogged fuel filter can cause the engine to get too low fuel pressure or cause a clogged fuel injector. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Strange Vibration/Rumble at 40 MPH | Toyota RAV4 Forums My 2008 nissian Altima is hesitant when going up a hill or accelerating Ive changed the fuel pump the air filter and the air intake hose but it is still having the same problem, We found my car was hesitating and stalling when I took off from a stop or went up a hill because after 24 years, the motor mounts were worn and that caused rubbing of the wire harness and some of the wires had the insulation rubbed off, causing shorting. Problems with the ignition system will often cause the engine to misfire and hesitate under load. Check Engine Light with Code P0117. Just make sure nothing metallic can touch both lugs at once to avoid a short, and possible fire. Jump to Latest Follow Follow WHY DOES CAR HESITATE AROUND 40MPH AND STARTS TO JERK. Why would my 2004 Dodge ram 5.7 keep throwing a map sensor code and I changed out the senser and the computer and now that I have a new computer it hesitates on takeoff. There is a shudder under acceleration that starts at 30 mph and will continue to 40 mph were it goes away. I find the best price for oxygen sensors, and quality, the densos on amazon are pretty much literally a perfect fit just like OEM. Shudder or Vibration While Driving at Speeds Between 35 and 40 MPH Battery draining and charging - 2007 Jaguar XK. Tool giveaways every Monday to help you with your own car projects. The ignition wires may be bad. This will cause your engine to lag, stumble, or hesitate. If this sensor goes bad, the engine control unit will be unable to keep the right balance in the mixture. 2016 chevy equinox stalling after putting gas in the car? Changed Fuel pump 3 times within 2 weeks 2. There are several reasons you might be getting backfires and hesitation. gas mileage has also tanked. I took my Toyota highlander 2003 for servicing, plug changed, injector nozzles washed, & MAF cleaning. (Engine Oil Viscosity Explained), How to Debadge Your Car (In 3 Easy Steps), Should I Cover My License Plate Online? (Kirchoff's third law), Measuring is knowing.. but only if you know what you measure. & atimes it works fine. 03-30-2004, 11:11 AM. Problem is more noticeable on hills/slops. When this fails, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This did not fix the problem, just made it worse when driving. It will accelerate past 40, but seems to have trouble. We're a forum community dedicated to the Pontiac G6. It doesn't happen every day but more days yes than no. Sounds like it does not like the autozone tps sensor. In any case, you will likely find the problem relates to an imbalance in fuel and air mixing in the chamber. If the oxygen sensor is not working properly, then the proper air and fuel mixture cannot be achieved. It has been a work in progress, and around April I finally got it running after rebuilding the carb. The f-body EGR was designed to work with a low restriction exhaust and thus will typically last longer. 2004 Honda Civic - WHY DOES CAR HESITATE AROUND 40MPH? - RepairPal.com Clear editor. No redline, just a steady acceleration. But don't worry because this symptom also has a solution like other car problems. How to fix engine hesitation during acceleration. You don't even mention coils which are a known weak link of these cars. Over the years I have been reponsable for the care and maintenance of a '90 LS (a Bill Gate's trade-in), a '91 LS, 3 '92's and a '95. This along with using 87 octane or higher gas solved the issue entirely. $29.93. 1 Answer Engine V6 is hesitating when accelerating over 40 mph Engine hesitates and almost misses when accelerating over 40 mph. Come join the discussion about SVT performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Anyways, I took the kids for a road trip down to the Outer Banks in NC. Faulty filters - such as air filters and fuel filters - can cause engine hesitation during acceleration. This may be a sign of a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. Could be some debris in the secondary jet. Asked by ESBJr Jan 05, 2016 at 01:21 PM about the 1996 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC2 Coupe. Just for giggles try putting in a water-remover fuel additive to the gas tank and see if there is any difference. Sounds like something got messed up at the last service, if those problems have only occurred since you were in the shop. 1) Either transmission chooses wrong gears around 30-40 mph speed or something else, but car jerks sometimes significantly. EPB, BMS for Specific Vehicles, Software Lifelong Free Update, NOT Support All Cars $199.00 . A good fuel injector cleaner is often a good, cheap fix that will restore proper fuel flow from the injectors. Much appreciated. I'm still thinking it could be the fuel pump or the crank and/or cam sensor.