But this is one American that will never sail with this awful company ever again. I have had the cruise booked for probably a year but only now would the allow me the opportunity to purchase the spoils. Sandi. Europe is now seeing the same kind of climate change conditions that are affecting the Western United States. Editor in Chief I'm now wondering what the cozy deal is between Viking and Trip Mate, considering the vast number of Trip Mate complaints from Viking Cruise customers. Refund on premium air payments that we did not receive in premiumservice. airfare $2198 It is obvious to the casual observer that VRC is not in financial distress as they have added ships to their fleet and the CEO is listed a a billionaire. Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. The Rhine River is more sensitive in terms of river flow because it lacks the dams that are on the Danube River. Just got order from Doctor to cancel due to sudden onset of autoimmune kidney disease. My Trip - Updates on Current Sailings - Viking Cruises I contact Viking customer relations, and was first told that the flight tickets were paid by Viking already. As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business. The ship can welcome up to 386 passengers, and. Italy is in the worst drought in over 70 years. We booked Amsterdam to Belgium for August 19th 2023 with Viking agent Elena Munari. By doing investigation on this subject and timeline of events revealed that we are not alone in this situation. Cruise Lines Planned Reopenings: The Complete List They would fly to Italy and take an 8-day Viking River Cruise called . Had a planned eastern European river cruise starting mid-October for over a year. We asked to transfer the trip to my son and grandson, but transferring the tickets is not allowed. This was really He will call us immediately - he said. Viking River Cruises 548 complaints 314 resolved 234 unresolved File a complaint to Viking River Cruises Viking River Cruises contacts (added by reviewer) Phone number +1 800 304 9616 Address 5700 Canoga Ave, California United States Website www.vikingrivercruises.com Category Cruise Lines View full information Most discussed complaints If water levels are low, cargo ships cannot carry their normal loads of freight. #7. In 2021, the cruise line plans to launch their seventh ocean ship, Viking Venus. Weve been cruising since March with no issues until August, said Schreiner. Plus Ups are excluded. The river cruise lines will tell you that low water levels are rare, and that few sailings are altered due to water levels but the truth is the risk is always present. I booked the flight through Viking to a Christmas market river cruise. A *** incentive ********** was offered and accepted by us to use toward future booking. We rebooked for 2022 on 11/30/2020. Unlike ocean cruising, river cruising has a lot of fluctuations in water levels. We called our AAA travel agent and she notified Viking on September 17,2022, we were scheduled to leave on September 22,2022. At best, youll do a ship swap mid-cruise, a slight inconvenience that will allow you to follow your planned itinerary. Desired outcome: This site does not include all card companies or credit card offers available in the marketplace. Viking cancellation policy - Viking Ocean - Cruise Critic Community Only in very rare circumstances are the sailings canceled outright. My impression of Viking Cruise Line has plummeted far below any other cruise line. Earn 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel. Viking suggested that I should talk to my travel insurance company to reimburse the cost of additional airfare cost. This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. Viking Cruises is a cruise line providing river and ocean cruises, with operations based in Basel, Switzerland. over night stay we got back to Cincinnati the next day. How could we?? The bottom line is, we have ********* at VRC. the Lufthansa person told me I need to fill out the form required for returning Americans to USA and she was not helpful .I missed my flight and had to stay overnight to a dingy hotel in tears in a French country who doesn't really want to help you . Passengers wait to board the luxury cruise ship Viking Mississippi, berthed at Lambert's Landing in St. Paul, on Saturday, Sept. 17, 2022. There are critical points, like the one on the Rhine River, right in the Rhine Gorge, Schreiner explained. We booked a river cruise with Viking which we cancelled due to Covid and received travel vouchers from Viking for the amount of the trip. Cruise Canceled Due to Low Water Levels 'Not the cruise I signed up for': 30-fold increase in Covid cases In fact, how a business responds to customer complaints is one of the most significant components of the BBB Business Rating. Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises have canceled several trips as the Omicron variant continues to wreak havoc with the cruise . He replied "absolutely no way both medically and because ************ weakens her immune system!" Viking cancels all Russian river cruise itineraries - TTG That trip was cancelled do to covid, and we were assured by Viking that everything was fine and we rebooked for Jan 2022. I have contacted Watcdog BBC who are interested. Has Viking Cancelled Any 2022 Cruises - CruiseInfoClub.com Like other river cruise lines, weve dealt successfully with low-water situations in the past, and we have a variety of strategies that we can deploy as necessary. The whole point of purchasing trip insurance, especially in this time of Covid, was to protect ourselves in the event of a last minute emergency. After checking cancellation conditions online which indicates $200 up to a certain date I booked a river cruise for 2024 the deposit was $2000pp. Vikings inability to resolve an issue with their on line booking. Then when operations started again, we decided to book a cruise to sail November 2021 At the time we booked, vaccines were not a requirement. With this terrible Cruises beginning in 2009, this is not the first error and being loyal Fosse's cruise and land tour to Eastern Europe became a casualty of COVID-19. Cannot go on a cruise if not jabbed even to countries which have no covid requirements any more. It closely resembles one of Viking's highest rated world cruises in the past, Chairman Torstein Hagen said in a live webinar Sunday when passengers were notified of the change. Viking Cruise recommends that their customers insure their travel & trip with Trip Mate Travel Insurance. 12 reviews. Contact your Sales Agent or our Customer Service department online, via email, or by phone at 1-800-427-8473 and ask about potential opportunities for flexible cancellation policies, rebooking opportunities and other options. Very disappointed with Viking River Cruises - Fodor's We appreciate you sharing your experience, Marie, although we regret to hear of your disappointment. "The safety and security of our guests and crew is always our top priority," a Viking representative told Travel Market Report. The climate in Europe is changing and not for the better. **** said he would monitor the schedule and will alert us the very day it comes out. Bookings with more than 30 persons Conference bookings made by Customers Service and Sales Department Bookings paid by invoice by companies Companies with annual agreements Bookings with more than 5 hotel rooms The specific conditions that apply to your booking can be found in your . Viking Celebrates Start Of Inaugural Season In North America's Great Lakes Read More May 17, 2022 Newest Ocean Ship In Viking's Award-Winning Fleet Named By The Countess Of Carnarvon Of Highclere Castle Read More May 12, 2022 Viking Takes Delivery of Newest Ocean Ship Read More April 25, 2022 The key dimensions of the Avalon Vista are: River boats are built in such a way that for bridge clearance, the mast, pilot house, and sun shades can be lowered. Customers should not be treated this way. Bad cruise experience, shore excursions, bad weather bad handling, cold food, etc. Holland America Cruise Line | Travel Requirements & Safety Protocols. They may run multiple ships back-to-back where you would transfer to another ship where the river is having navigational issues. We booked a 14 day cruise with extra days upon arrival in ****** and departure in **** in ****. Thanks for reaching out, M Mulmech., although we regret to learn of your disappointment with your hotel arrangements. Schreiners advice is simple: Just go. 2023 Trustpilot, Inc. All rights reserved. Most river cruise lines do not allow guests to cancel pre-cruise without penalty except for in the most extreme circumstances. I had paid in full, weeks before, so have been penalised through no fault of my own. 1. We will never try Viking again! Under our flexible deposit policy, qualified guests can cancel their booking before final payment due date and receive deposit back in the form of a future cruise voucher. I'm with Robin (see below). Cruises - Very disappointed with Viking River Cruises - Reservation # 2672768 We were supposed to do a river cruise and ended up doing a motor coach tour due to low river levels. It goes against our guidelines to offer incentives for reviews. And rebooked the following summer My travel partner , my sister, died 6 months before our trip that next summer die to COVID. We were given the option of a voucher or cash Look at the Mekong you dont cruise in May, June, July and August because its too hot. I contacted Trip Mate and was told the vouchers were not covered and that I needed to contact Viking because they handled vouchers. My Trip - Updates on Current Sailings - Viking River Cruises Viking, please give an explanation. Their ad is wonderful but after all is said and done it is all crap. Well guide you through the process. The plane returned to the gate and he was transported to the local hospital. The couple shore excursions we went on were lame and horrible. Scheduled and rescheduled elder family care and pet sitting services. Oceania officials said Russian and Ukrainian ports would be removed from 2022 itineraries, while Viking River Cruises canceled . Why didn't Viking pay to dock? *In Canada, trademark(s) of the International Association of Better Business Bureaus, used under License. Advertiser Disclosure: Some links to credit cards and other products on this website will earn an affiliate commission. Viking Mississippi - As of January 23, 2023 Due to damage from substantial river debris to the Viking Mississippi 's propulsion system, the ship will undergo repairs requiring the cancellation of upcoming departures. We accepted and paid an additional insurance premium. What It's Like Aboard an 8-Day Cruise With Viking River Cruises You could tear down the house and build a dam there, but that is not what is going to happen.. Also lost out on the cruise vouchers. Jim. Beware of Viking excursion policies. Viking Plans A Robust 2021 2022 Cruise Season Despite the canceled 2020 cruise season, Viking has high hopes for 2021 and beyond. Because there was no time for a further delay, we paid the tickets to the airline. Yazmin Hope and Libby Gallagher Our opinions are our own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by our advertising partners. We have had to cancel our river cruise because of their ludicrous covid policy. Viking Mississippi cancels some cruise passengers four days ahead of TPG values it at $1,600. We called Viking and there is nothing that they will do to be able to use the over $7,000 paid for the trip. I am writing about booking number 7045921 sailed Jan.12 2023. Viking Cruises - Ships and Itineraries 2023, 2024, 2025 - CruiseMapper Only Viking can make the appropriate reservation. Instead, in the most extreme cases, AmaWaterways will create a new itinerary. My only hope now is for someone to cancel what I want.About time to give my loyalty to another cruise line. The guest services lady said well you can complain at the Share your photos and videos with others to prove the truth of your words. Ocean cruise ships usually have at least 25 feet or more or more of draft which would preclude them from river cruising. Read full review of Viking River Cruises Before you decide to. AMA Waterways | Travel Requirements & Safety Protocols. Call a Viking Expert at 0800 319 66 60 or see your Travel Advisor. Other ships were docked at the pier. This meant I was unable to book any excursions or drinks package, despite trying as soon as they were released. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). Not for the voucher amount. My husband surprised me with the explorer suite,the room was beautiful,the balcony was amazing. Viking allows those who book the most expensive rooms to book first. They offered us a voucher for 125% or a cash refund. We also paid Port Tax for Honduras even though they chose not to book and pay to use the pier there. Special fares plus Free airfare valid on select 2023 departures of Eastern Seaboard Explorer and Canada & New England Scenic Shores. Royal Caribbean International | Travel Requirements & Safety Protocols. If water levels fall, riverboats can have trouble sailing all the way to Budapest. This cruise has been sold out for weeks so if Viking reinstates the voucher, the cabin could be resold. We also carry about 500 tons of water, that is ballast and fresh water for the guests.. At 104 days out before final payment was due, we had to either lose our entire deposit of $2K+ or get a voucher. Anyone can write a Trustpilot review. Europe has many rivers where cruise lines operate. The drought category in England has reached the most severe designation of severe drought. Another factor that should be considered is trip insurance. Thu 13 Jan 2022 01.00 EST Last modified on Thu 13 Jan 2022 18.22 EST. When I called to cancel they said we did not purchase the insurance. Get up to $300 back per calendar year on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card. It's a human right to have access to fresh water and clean sanitation. Change of travel requirements after full payment received/ignoring request for full refund. We used these to book on cruise OJUXXXXXX Booking Number XXXXXXX. Refund or partial credit. I want Viking to honour its Guest Cancellation Schedule and reimburse the $15,640.19 (Canadian) my husband and I paid for the Italian Sojourn cruise scheduled for May 15, 2023. Viking already runs a number of river cruises. Editorial Disclosure: Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity mentioned herein. Weve taken note of your feedback and while we understand you have already been in contact with our team, if you'd like discuss this matter further we welcome you to email TellUs@vikingcruises.com with your booking information. 05 Aug 2022. Sheila Davies is a retired gas industry professional based in Northumberland, England. Viking Cruises cancelled all 2022 departures on its Kiev (Kyiv, Ukraine), Black Sea & Bucharest itinerary in response to Russia's conflict with Ukraine. At this point we feel it's discrimination and want our money refunded. . The 766-mile Rhine is one of Europe's most important trade routes, with container ships plying their way around its looping bends. Disappointed with Viking Cruises cancellation policy. . Cruise restart dates: when do cruise lines start again? See what a point or mile is worth with our appraisals of a loyalty programs currency, based on redemption values. Viking Cruises' New Safety Protocols Include Daily COVID-19 Testing Many passengers were still on board at this time and were unable to flush toilets or wash their hands. There are even more places your Platinum Card can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks. Not enough for the money hungry cruise line. When Viking informed me that the alternative flight was booked, I was not told that I had to pay the tickets myself in order to obtain the boarding pass. There is rock on the bottom; theres also this little house in the middle of the river. Viking revises world cruise itinerary on eve of departure | seatrade Heres what you need to know. 2023, International Association of Better Business Bureaus, Inc., separately incorporated Better Business Bureau organizations in the US, Canada and Mexico and BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust, Inc. All rights reserved. Premium Air. The other typical plan is to put the passengers on buses to get around the affected areas. I advised Viking that my wife and I could not get the vaccine ever and asked for a refund of our primary payment. Viking, which operates both ocean and river cruises, has canceled all 2022 departures from its Kyiv, Black Sea and Bucharest itinerary . . This complaint was posted by a verified customer. I encourage all Americans to do the same. 2) Risk-Free Guarantee for guests who made a reservation between March 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021; 3) Risk-Free Guarantee for guests who made a reservation between May 1, 2020 and February 28, 2021; 4) Risk-Free Guarantee for guests who made a reservation prior to April 30, 2020. The line said it was also evaluating 2022 itineraries that call in Russia with the view to modifying them where necessary. Viking refused to admit to us that we were misinformed, and did not apologize, but their policy will not change. We have been waiting patiently for two years for a refund, relying on the We had planned a trip in 2021 and when Viking changed their requirements we chose to cancel our trip. With many Christmas markets closed, river cruise lines cancel sailings "We are currently evaluating itineraries that call. I complained initially that I was not given a direct flight. The 5 most desirable cabin locations on any cruise ship, A beginners guide to picking a cruise line, The 8 worst cabin locations on any cruise ship, A quick guide to the most popular cruise lines, 21 tips and tricks that will make your cruise go smoothly, 12 best cruises for people who never want to grow up, The ultimate guide to what to pack for a cruise, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. At no point when we rebooked using our vouchers, were we told the vouchers were not covered under the insurance plan. We are cancelling our river cruise due to viking's heavy handed covid vaccine requirement. Guests will have 24 months to select their new date and use their Risk-Free Guarantee Future Cruise Voucher to make a new reservation on any river, ocean or expedition cruise.
Corporate World Leamington Spa, Rumble Scott Mckay, The 100 Fanfiction Clarke Betrayed, Data Table 5 Magnet Direct Measurement Method, Articles V