They will do so much chasing that they are now out of gas. Players often move between---AND IN FRONT OF---two opponents to offer support for the teammate on the ball. Prospect on 10/18/2022 5:00 PM. Schedule Roster Jul 1, 2022 @ 12:00am Nearby Soccer Teams Canton Churchill Clarenceville Crestwood The key for the player receiving the ball to know that the numbers around her are TURNING BAD BEFORE THE BALL IS EVER AT HER FEET, and then finding the pass that gets the ball to an area where the numbers are more favorable. Stevenson High School's vision statement rests upon five pillars: curriculum; equity, access and inclusivity; professional learning community; culture for learning; and community engagement. There are exceptions to what I am about to say, but as a good rule of thumb, the player who is farther away from the ball OWNS THE SEAM! And thats another yard that a chasing opponent has to cover. The three-step rule simply means that as soon as the ball leaves her foot, the passing player must IMMEDIATELY TAKE THREE STEPS in whichever direction will make it possible for her to receive a return pass. You need your players to INTERNALIZE the value of playing fast if they are ever going to be successful at keeping the ball. The ball cannot travel through opponents, but it sure as heck can travel through that seam. When a player is taking bad risks instead of playing the way he faces, he doesnt yet get it. If the status changes, the balance will be collected. Its no longer about playing to the proper foot solely to protect the ball. Use the top navigation to find past season schedules, scores, rosters and more. A ball back for a ball forward is a CORNERSTONE of possession soccer and your players need to EMBRACE IT! Welcome to the Stevenson Boys Soccer team feed. SHS Girls Soccer Roster. Football Updated 2021 Roster. Systems of play will be uniform for each level with tactical modifications based on opponents & personnel, Attacking style of play with emphasis on organized possession & effective build up play, Fast paced with a balance of technical & physical play, Defensively organized lines working together as a unit with their keeper. "I vividly remember that between the ages of 6 and 12 all that mattered to me and my friends was playing soccer all day every day. If you receive it behind the fence, youve got an excellent chance of breaking pressure. Theres nothing wrong with connecting a simple passeven if it does nothing more than keep possession. Lewis and Clark CPR Certification. If youre running one-touch exercises, this is an IMPORTANT coaching point. (09/04/2020) The D Zone's Top 200 Michigan High School Pre-Season Football Rankings (08/25/2020) Sterling Heights Stevenson 2022 MLB/RB/OLB/WR/TE Jordan Kwiatkowski was offered by Akron (07/16/2020) Sterling Heights Stevenson 2022 RB/S Jordan Ramsey was offered by Bowling Green State BAD NUMBERS means the opponent has you outnumbered. And dont pass it to her right foot if she NEEDS it on her left. Email. Read More About SPIRIT GEAR AVAILABLE. Every inch of space you waste is an inch you are CONCEDING to the opponent. Stevenson's stats have been entered for the 2-1 win @ Lake Zurich on 9/8/2022 6:45 PM. print print. That is one way possession undoes the opponent, You suck them in with a few short passes and then ELIMINATE THEM with a bigger one. GOOD NUMBERS means that your team has a numerical advantage [overload]. High School: Stevenson 8 No. Rememberwe such the opponents toward the ball, then we play past them. By David Lake 8 hours ago. Cut sport Levels: Varsity / Junior Varsity / Sophomore / Freshman A / Freshman B Start Date: August 8, 2022 Varsity Head Coach: PepeJon Chavez ( pchavez@d125.org) We run a lot of possession games with the THREE-STEP RULE. The players need to know WHAT theyre doing and WHY theyre doing it. In essence, youre INVESTING a ball back for a ball forward. Cut sport If they dont have the necessary time and space to settle the ball, they cant pretend that they do. In other words, dont pass a ball to a teammate who has given an unacceptable passing angle. Its about all of the little things that give each player the very best chance to successfully receive and pass the ball. The ball is like a magnetbut not just for the opponent. You dont want your players being their own worst enemies by clogging up perfectly good seams. She will WORK to get into one of those seams. He loved the experience and went on to get his USSF coaching license and began coaching travel soccer in Wilmette. Roster placements will be made on 3/1 or 3/2, IHSA Sectional Varsity Boys Soccer Head Coach Freshmen - 3:45-5:45 pm Stevenson High School Game Field 13 -, If we cannot get outside due to weather, we will go 6-8 pm - Stevenson Fieldhouse 3-4 (wear indoor shoes), If we cannot get outside due to weather, we will varsity at 6-7 am on the PWC Turf and JV at 6-7 am in the Sportscenter, Varsity - 3:45-5:45 pm on Game Field 13 or 6-8 pm on Fieldhouse 3-4, JV - 3:45-5:45 pm on Game Field 13 or 4:45-6 pm PWC Turf, Freshmen - 3:45-5:45 pm on Game Field 13 or 3:30-4:45 pm PWC Turf, 9 am - Freshman Green/Gold Scrimmage on Game Field 13, 9 am - JV Green/Gold Scrimmage on Stadium, 10:30 am - Varsity Green/Gold Scrimmage on Stadium. Imagine how much more difficult those players become when there are actually goals on the field?! The official 2022 Men's Soccer Roster for the Stevenson University . The more you will pass itthe more they will chase. . Chavez has owned and operated his own soccer academy for nearly 16 years, and has developed a number of collegiate and professional soccer players. And that means passing the ball to the proper foot. Then, freeze the moment and restart the action from the player who passed her the ball, and have the offending player make a BETTER choice. If an athlete qualified for Reduced Lunch last year, the fee is $50 for each of the first two sports; third sport is free of charge. The forward also sees whats between her and the outside back, and that includes the midfielder. The PROPER FOOT is going to be the forward foot. When the opposing team has the ball, a smart player is FORMULATING A PLANJUST IN CASE the ball finds him. The easier it becomes to pass the ball, the more you will pass it. A teammate who wants the ball must work to receive the ball in one of these seams. BeginningAugust 10, there will be a weekday bus from Stevenson High School to VHAC that leaves Parking Lot D no later than 3:35 p.m. and arrives at VHAC at 3:45 p.m. Passing seams appear, disappear and reappear. Primary Phone: 847-415-4000. I have the players take only one turn in each role because like I said, this isnt the most exciting thing they will ever do. And when an opponent is tired and frustrated, that opponent will MAKE MISTAKES. The supporting player can always come forward to adjust to the pass. Schedules include start time, directions and scores for the Stevenson Girls Varsity Soccer . It means saying NO to the home run ballunless theres a darn good chance of it being successful. The area on either side of her body that she can cover with that stick is her space. 1992, 1993, 2012 Which is normally going to be the foot furthest from the opponent who will be pressuring the pass shes about to receive. Receiving across my standing leg means that if a pass is arriving from my left side, I am going to let the ball roll across the front of my body, open up my hips, and receive it with the inside of my right foot. ***If you are a possession team and your speed of play is slowYOURE GOING TO LOSE a lot of games. Ask all the players if they understand it. Your web browser does not support the