2010-2014 Mustang Driveshafts Ford Performance Aluminum One-Piece Driveshaft (07-12 Mustang GT500) Item 397304 Call a Mustang Enthusiast at 1-877-887-1105 M-F 8:30A-11P, Sat-Sun 8:30A-9P 23 Reviews Market Price $814.99 You Save 12% ($100.00) Our Price $714.99 FREE Shipping Buy in monthly payments with Affirm on orders over $50. 1-Piece aluminum driveshaft Fits 2011-2014 Mustang GT with manual and automatic transmission. So we're gonna get back into removing the exhaust system, and then we'll start pulling the driveshaft out after we get the exhaust removed.So the first thing we're gonna do is we're gonna loosen our clamps up back here that hold on our muffler to our axle, over the rear pipe here. It might take a little finessing to get it over this here, but we'll get it up in and then we'll start our bolts. If you believe a product sold by Ford has a condition or defect that might make it unsafe, please report this safety concern immediately by using the chat feature on the Site or by calling 1-844-589-0060. However, this is a key driveline component that should strongly be considered once you start really preparing to drag race your manual Coyote and launching hard with a drag radial or a slick.But getting into the actual DSS shaft that we have here today. That's one. Again, 6061-T6 aluminum construction here with the billet end caps. This one piece aluminum driveshaft increases your Pony's performance with faster acceleration and eliminates the center bearing found in the stock driveshaft. Now that we have our back loose, we're gonna loosen up these four 15-millimeter nuts here on our pipes. New bolts can be found here: HDW-4602. Free shipping for many products! Spicer parts are engineered for peak performance so hit the road with confidence knowing you are backed by the global leader in driveline technology. Direct bolt in right out of the box. Required fields are marked *. Now basically, anytime you can shed rotational mass through lighter wheels, lighter flywheel, or in this case, the driveshaft, is definitely a good thing, and we call that free horsepower, right? Installation Note Receive text messages for special offers and discounts. I'm gonna put some Loctite onto our front bolts, it's just the blue stuff. So don't do it just for performance, do it for your safety! Designed for Increased Horsepower applications to deliver peak endurance and optimum strength. We use cookies on this website for diverse purposes, including personalizing content and analyzing traffic. These light weight alternatives from Ford Performance Racing are a direct replacement for OEM shafts. . View Terms & Privacy Policy. SOLUTIONThe Spicer one-piece aluminum driveshaft for the Mustang is 19 pounds lighter than the OE part; bolting directly in without conversion flanges delivers greater strength. So now I'm going to line up my pipe into our muffler here. So now once I have it in place like that, I'm gonna get my bolts and my Loctite, start our back bolts, and then we'll go up to our front. Limited time offer. Please try again later. Install won't be too bad here, guys, but because all of your work is done underneath the car, figure a solid two out of three wrenches on the difficulty meter and a couple of hours to knock out from start to finish, as we'll show you later in the video.So this is one of those parts that, truth be told, isn't really necessary for most casual stock or light bolt-on six-speed owners out there, as the stock driveshaft will serve its purpose just fine even when you start pouring on some power. Now that we did our front, and we torqued all those, we're gonna torque our back. This 20lb aluminum shaft is 3.5" in diameter which is ideal for lowered Mustangs. You'll receive an axle housing, a housing vent, right and left 31-spline production axle shafts, a Mustang pinion flange, and a Cobra 1350 pinion flange, plus hardware. Again, I put a mark on this, being as that we're gonna be putting this back on our vehicle. Steeda Mustang GT 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft (2011-2014), QA1 Mustang GT REV Series Carbon Fiber Driveshaft (2011-2014), Ford Performance Mustang GT500 One-Piece Driveshaft (2007-2012), The Driveshaft Shop Mustang GT/BOSS 302 1,000+HP 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft (2011-2014), The Driveshaft Shop Shelby GT500 6spd 1,000HP 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft (2013-2014), The Driveshaft Shop Mustang GT/BOSS 302 1,000HP 3.25" Carbon Fiber Driveshaft (2011-2014), The Driveshaft Shop Shelby GT500 1,000HP 3.25" Carbon Fiber Driveshaft (2013-2014), QA1 Mustang GT REV Series Carbon Fiber Driveshaft SFI (2011-2014), Axle Exchange Mustang Aluminum Driveshaft (2011-2014), Ford Performance Mustang GT One-Piece Driveshaft (2011-2014), Steeda is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Global Manufacturer. Get the latest updates on new products and upcoming sales, Office and Shop Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M Eastern. Ford Racing. All Rights Reserved. Choose from lightweight aluminum and carbon fiber one-piece driveshafts at Steeda. If tires are fitted which are significantly wider than those specified by the manufacturer, a compromise may have to be adopted whereby a wheel with less offset is used to prevent the tire rubbing on the suspension. Now, on top of being much stronger, the one-piece aluminum option will also save you some pounds of rotational mass, all for right around that $1,200 price point. Message frequency may vary. By continuing to use this website, you are opting in to Danas privacy policy. 6 lug wheels are measured like the 4 lug wheels. May 20, 2017 If you decide to go with a one piece driveshaft don't forget to get a driveshaft loop. I always had a case of Hot Wheels with me, I would spend hours playing with them and then hours polishing and dusting them off, checking for any scratches. A Single Piece Driveshaft Design Lighter and Stronger than Factory Driveshafts Heavy Duty 3.5" Aluminum Alloy Construction Comes with Billet Yoke Sold As One Simple and Quick Installation 12-Months Limited Lifetime Warranty Fits All 2005 to 2014 Ford GT Mustang Models Equipped with a T56 Magnum XL Description Installation & What's in the Box 5.0 AmericanMuscle is proud to offer FREE SHIPPING on any order over $75! So now that we have our 15-millimeters here loose, and we have our back ones loose, I'm gonna be able to take our pipe, and slide it out, and do the same on the other side, and that'll give us access to our driveshaft.So now I'm gonna take my 13-millimeter on my impact gun, I'm gonna loosen up these 2 clamps here to remove our mid-pipe, just gonna make it easier for us to get to the driveshaft. Spicer Mustang aluminum driveshafts offer the features you demand for top performance, including: These Mustang one-piece driveshafts are just one example of the full line of Spicer drivetrain components built to meet the needs of high-performance drivers. Dynotech 4" Aluminum One-Piece Driveshaft (2011-2014 Mustang GT 5.0L) $942.00. Gonna get 'em in place, just like that. Copyright 2023 JDM Engineering. Late Model Restoration has no affiliation with Ford Motor Company, Roush Enterprises, Eaton, or Saleen. Therefore a 185/70R14 has the same rim diameter and aspect ratio, but a smaller overall diameter and narrower tread face than the 225/70R14. So anytime you free up some extra rotational mass, always a good thing.But now we wanna shift gears and just show you what it takes to get the DSS installed on your manual S197 at home. Want to increase performance, add safety and reduce the weight of your, 2018-2020 Expedition / Navigator 3.5L HO Ecoboost, 2020-2021 Explorer ST / Aviator 3.0L Ecoboost, 2005-2014 Mustang GT 4" Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft, 2005-2014 Mustang Upper Panhard Rod Support, 2005-2014 Mustang GT DIY Direct Bolt-In Driveshaft, 2005-2014 V6 Mustang Coupe Strut and Shock Kit, 2005-2014 MUSTANG GT COUPE ASSEMBLED HANDLING PACK, 2005-2014 Mustang GT500 Cooling Fan Upgrade by Ford PERFORMANCE M-8C607-MSVT. For 2005-2021 Ford Mustangs, it is recommended that you install new driveshaft to pinion flange bolts when removing the driveshaft. It's not typically going to add horsepower, but it's not going to take horsepower away like it would turning a heavy cast iron flywheel or a heavy two-piece driveshaft. . Now, at this point, we'll move our pole jack and then we'll take the whole driveshaft out. I'm just gonna give it a slight tap with a hammer, and then pull it free, and drop it down. I'm gonna take my 13-millimeter on my 3/8 gun, tighten this clamp up while pushing up on it, make sure it's not hitting anywhere. lighter than the stock Mustang driveshaft Now, we'll install our mid-pipes.So now we're gonna install our axle pipe. The driveshaft has noticeable drivetrain noise which started at 85 mph, It may work perfectly with a lower rear gear ratio. This direct bolt-in assembly mounts directly the OE flange and requires no adapters. | Sku: 10002094, Type: We're gonna take our 13-millimeter on our gun. Details. Improve your S197's response and acceleration with an upgraded one piece driveshaft! We have ours up on a lift, so it's a lot easier. Throughout our website and catalog these terms are used for identification purposes only. And then I'm gonnayou're just gonna repeat the same procedure on the other side. And then you're just gonna wanna repeat that same procedure on the other two, and run these in, and then we will torque them to manufacturer spec.So now that we have our bolt snug, I'm gonna take my torque wrench, set to 70 foot-pounds, which is what the manufacturer recommends for the front ones. Free 2-3 Day Delivery on most items, see Product Page for details. Got a 2015-2021 Mustang 2.3L I4 Ecoboost. And that'll give us access to start removing our pipes. This one-piece Aluminum Driveshaft is of the highest quality in regards to material, construction and balancing. Now you can redeem Points for discounts on awesome Ford Accessories including installation online, up to the full purchase value, excluding taxes and shipping. Driveshaft Shop . PROBLEMTo upgrade my Ford Mustang for top performance, I want a driveshaft that is lighter and stronger than my two-piece steel driveshaft.. I'm gonna take my 10-millimeter on my 1/2-inch impact gun and take these bolts out.At this point, I'm gonna have to spin the rear again to get to the bolts. At 1430mm long with the included 1350 U-Joints, this lightweight driveshaft is the perfect way to get all of those horses under the hood down to the pavement. Now, that strength is there because you're using solid materials. Take a tape measure and measure the distance from where the straight edge contacts the inboard flange to the hub mounting pad of the wheel. You don't have any products in your shopping cart. Bolt patterns can be 4, 5, 6, or 8 lug holes. 15% OFF ACCESSORIES PURCHASES UP TO $1,000. 2011-2014 Mustang V6 4" One-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft Upgrade. And that wraps up this installation.That wraps up this review and install of our DriveShaft Shop 3 1/2-inch aluminum 1-piece driveshaft for '11 to '14 GT, and '12 to '13 Boss 302. Now, we'll install our mid-pipes.So now we're gonna install our axle pipe. And then you're just gonna wanna repeat that same procedure on the other two, and run these in, and then we will torque them to manufacturer spec.So now that we have our bolt snug, I'm gonna take my torque wrench, set to 70 foot-pounds, which is what the manufacturer recommends for the front ones. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel, Features, Description, Reviews, Q&A, Specs & Installation, CA Residents: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. 2005 - 2010, Model: Now, one of the things DSS is most excited about here with this particular aluminum option is that it now features a Direct Fit rear CV, which operates much like the stocker and does not require the use of an additional adapter plate, which can sometimes be problematic and just add additional weight.Now, on top of that, DSS went from a 4-inch option down to a 3 1/2-inch diameter shaft. If the front of the shaft drops to the ground for any reason at speed you can flip the car. Now, you can remove that speed limiter with confidence by installing this high-speed balanced driveshaft and enjoy the performance of your 2005-2014 Mustang V6 more than ever! So now you're gonna wanna repeat that same procedure on the rest of the bolts and just spin the rear to get your bolts tight and started. So now I'm going to line up my pipe into our muffler here. Now that we did our front, and we torqued all those, we're gonna torque our back. And the last set, some Loctite on that one, and we'll get these started.Now, once I get them started, I'm gonna take my 5/16 on my 3/8 ratchet, and I'm gonna run 'em into place. I'm gonna take my 15-millimeter on my 1/2-inch drive impact gun, and loosen these up. Each driveshaft they produce is dynamically balanced at over 9000 RPMs to ensure unbeatable reliability. DriveShaft Shop Warranty Warranty - Click Here. Conversion Driveshaft This driveshaft is designed specifically for the 2011-2014 GT and Boss Mustangs equipped with either a manual MT-82 transmission or automatic 6R80 transmission. Free shipping. I put a mark on both of these because we're gonna be putting this back in. It might take a little finessing to get it over this here, but we'll get it up in and then we'll start our bolts. Now, if yours has been in there from factory, it might take a pry bar just to pop it loose. Conversion Driveshaft Now, if you're at home and you're doing this on the ground, you're gonna wanna jack your car up. And that's gonna be made from all new 300M material.And then of course there's the weight savings, right? Got a 2014-2018 Chevrolet / GMC 5.3L & 6.2L? A positive offset means the hub-mounting surface is closer to the outside edge of the wheel; a negative offset means the hub-mounting surface is closer to the inside edge of the wheel. Points Now, we'll go to the back of the vehicle, and hook up our mufflers, and then come back and tighten up our 15 millimeters up front. *Offer valid for ecommerce accessories purchase from accessories.ford.com. McLeod High Performance Hydraulic Clutch Line Upgrade (05-23 V8 Mustang), McLeod RST Twin Disc 800HP Organic Clutch Kit with 8-Bolt Aluminum Flywheel; 23-Spline (11-17 Mustang GT; 12-13 Mustang BOSS 302), McLeod RST Twin Disc 800HP Organic Clutch Kit with 8-Bolt Steel Flywheel; 23-Spline (11-17 Mustang GT; 12-13 Mustang BOSS 302), Justin: If you plan on drag racing your 2011 through 2014 manual GT or Boss on a sticky tire, well then, upgrading your driveshaft to the DSS 3 1/2-inch aluminum option that we have here today will be a great way to ensure your day doesn't get cut short due to snapping that stocker. Please note: You cannot combine products with and without installation in the same transaction. Ford Mustang GT 2008 If reusing the factory bolts, clean the old thread locker material from the threads, and apply new blue thread locker before reinstalling the bolts or use new driveshaft bolts and apply blue thread locker to threads and torque to the factory specifications. I'm gonna take my 13-millimeter on my 3/8 gun, tighten this clamp up while pushing up on it, make sure it's not hitting anywhere. | Sku: 10045512, Type: I'm gonna take the driveshaft, stick it up into place. You're gonna wanna remove that mid-pipe just to make a little bit more room for the install itself. Reply HELP to 77572 for help. Points | Sku: 10045510, Type: Now, both driveshafts are advertised to support a good amount of power, roughly 900 horsepower here, by the way, for the 6061 aluminum option. They offer driveshafts in aluminum, steel, chromoly and now carbon fiber so they can design a solution that fits your needs. Upgrade to the strongest Aluminum driveshaft on the market! Now, on top of being much stronger, the one-piece aluminum option will also save you some pounds of rotational mass, all for right around that $1,200 price point. Electronics, wheels, bedcaps and custom-painted parts cannot be returned at any time for any reason. Our reduced weight design is on average 21 pounds lighter than the OE shaft yielding reduced rotating mass, improved driving performance and quicker acceleration. Replace the weak factory two-piece driveshaft on your 2011-2014 3.7L V6 Mustang with a high performance one-piece driveshaft from Dynotech. These light weight alternatives from Ford Performance Racing are a direct replacement for OEM shafts. Your email address will not be published. $880.83. Now we'll go back to our center support and loosen up those bolts. Again, I put a mark on this, being as that we're gonna be putting this back on our vehicle. And then we'll go to the back and remove it from the back or the rear. Dynotech's new mustang driveshaft for the 2005-2014 Mustang GTs is 21 lbs lighter than your stock 2 piece driveshaft. Disclaimer - Driveshaft Hardware May 13, 2017. Please select the brand you're looking to browse and we will redirect you. {{ cartItemCountWithoutLabour }} About This Product.
Parts And Service Fnaf 3, Articles O