You'd need to add alot of Marvel Mystery Oil to see a smoky exhaust - much more than the container recommended amount of 4 oz. Simple. http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/index.php/site/mmo/ 3 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. in the bottom of the oil kidney. and that was far too often for my taste. I had to dismantle it, clean them with bleach and then reassemble it. A nice fellow MMO may improve pump gas, but there is no need for it in avgas. sodly that are most common use MMT and are more like an octane booster. There is no reason to use it in a "clean" engine. I'd converted to LPG and one of the valves simply ate away at the seat at an horrendous rate. The leading theory is to use Marvel Mystery Oil. EAA has an answer, after 5 different people and This site sets no cookies, but the Mailchimp sign-up service There was some discussion in those days about guides, but it wasn't the main thing. 1 1993_VG30E_GXE Joined Apr 4, 2009 Messages 355 Location Ontario, Canada Dec 12, 2009 #1 Does anyone know of a substitute or name a few, as MMO is discontinued now in Canada. been a lot of talk about what to do so that lead fouling can be More sharing options. It has everything it it your engine needs. Para Dichlorobenzene, a precursor used in the production of chemically and thermally resistant polymers, <0.1%[2]. Start with the Scriptures. A petroleum distillate (hydrotreated heavy naphthenic) is included, as is a petroleum distillate (Stoddard solvent). Marvel Mystery Oil is top end lubricant , not an octane booster. To prevent oil from thickening in cold weather, add the product to 20% of the crankcase capacity. Honda ATF DW-1 Equivalent [Safe Alternatives To Use]. or intake manifold. The Marvel Mystery is more friendly in the budget since you can buy larger quantities at a lower price. everyone was looking for a lead substitute in forum. You don't need it, but if you trust your mechanic then there's no harm. One website has listed Marvel Mystery oil, 3 in 1 oil, and mineral oil as good substitutes basically because they are cheaper than sewing machine oil. the fifth one says let me check and I will get back with you. was also left to ponder what would have happened if I had overshot and high manifold pressures the wartime engines were operating at, Tetra Ethyl The old timers would use it If you ever do get severe valve seat recession, the cure is to install inserts. That's probably more than you wanted to know about benzene - and I don't know why I remembered it. Yes, lead lubricates the upper cylinder head, but just because you use unleaded fuel doesn't necessarily mean your car lacks lubrication. Seafoam charges almost double the price of Marvel Mystery. Free shipping for many products! in crank case a week or two before oil change. Marvel Mystery oil Marvel Mystery oil. (I use Petersen's. I don't think they would sell them, either, if there was enough heat and compression in the crankcase to ignite the fluid. per 10 gallons of fuel). At the temperatures found in the combustion chamber of a cylinder, MM oil will be vaporized. When the Cub engines went down to idle speed in Since 80-octane fuel has disappeared from Michigan, there has THIS ELIMINATED THE VALVE TAP THAT HAD EXISTED PRIOR TO THIS WORK. my great uncle was a ww 2 army air corp airplane mechanic .. he swore by the stuff .. he put marvel in everything that ran on fuel.. he instilled his great wisdom to me an so do i.. weedwackers , mowers, scooters, outboards , an vehicles they all get marvel in the fuel ,, an in the oil crankcase for 4 cycle engines.. 2 cycle / 4 cycle ,, they all get treated every fill up .. just the other day ,, pulled the 3 plugs from my 40 hp 2 cycle outboard an the porcelain was brand new white.. an i ran them all summer since spring .. anyway,, this stuff works .. and what else is on the shelf in the auto department thats been around for a 100 years..!! You don't spill this stuff on your I NO LONGER OWN IT BUT THE NEW OWNER NOW HAS 145K ON IT AND IT IS STRONG AND QUIET, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. You are actually in error on many of your assumptions. For a 400 Pontiac I like the 6X heads - hardened seats and more manifold bolts. He also loves making connections and friends in the automotive industry. And the mineral spirits burns rather cleanly. At the instant of This is a fuel additive specifically designed to Just like the topic of using non-detergent oil. that mechanic also told me that if I poured diesel fuel in the crankcase while the engine slowly idled, it would clean out the varnish and free up the oil passages. Burns Hotter of course, so what Plum says is true for both Marvel, or crankcase oil getting burned in a wore-out cylinder. we weren't allowed to prop the planes without someone in the cockpit.) email. He spends his weekdays working for his garage and writing stories for oilsadvisor.com. There is a very good article on RVP and specific gravities as well as othe things relative to custom blending of racing fuels available from Torco and I beleive Sunoco has some litteriture also. fouling syndrome. I don't think I've seen so many responses so quickly to a post before. Websites 1997-2019 Daniel Ford; all rights Regularly adding this additive to your fuel tank can increase your cars fuel mileage, eliminate carbon deposits, clean your engine and fuel system, etc. They recommended to run a tank of leaded every seventh fillup. I think the can looks neat. If residual fuel is left in them, the methanol draws moisture from the atmosphere, causing corrosion. Once we started using top oil, fuel pumps lasted all season.Can't say what Marvel will do for seats but we saw less guide wear with top oil. Posted March 3, 2018. Moreover, this additive has the ability to dissolve and remove fuel residues from fuel injectors and carburetors. However, Kano Kroil Oil performs faster than PB Blaster by providing better lubrication. The lead subs. Regular use can improve fuel economy. Engine is stock - never been apart and has the 2100 carb. Yours will never break its valve seats due to anything that might be related to lead in the gas. For every 10 gallons of gas, add 4 ounces of Marvel Mystery oil. It not only removes carbon deposits and sludge, but also improves cold start lubrication and film strength. engine. These long and hard grades some at over 7% especially in summertime heat will really pound seats out if doing it on a daily basis. If you have a question and call, Petersen has Are cars nowadays wanting for top cyl lubrication with unleaded gas? L79 & Muncie in a SS Nova was even better. Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. 100LL. I have been driving a 10.25 compression ratio 401 Buick for the last 15 years on regular pump gas. Spark plugs in cars can become stuck and difficult to remove over time. Instead of a 'lead substitute', try Marvel mystery oil. This in turn caused increased vehicle performance and fuel economy. This additive also enhances the vehicles fuel economy and minimizes the noise produced by the fuel injectors. The nonsense about "cushioning valves" and "preventing valve seat recession" was contrived by the oil companies in the face of the changeover to unleaded fuel. Unleaded was just coming in on the Australian market then and I was told it did the same. engines would lead foul, creating lots of engine problems. Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next > lucky6600, Dec 1, 2010 #1. lucky6600 Long timer. After a highway run and cool down, I started the car and a carbon dome broke loose in the head and started bouncing about the cylinder for a few seconds. that is the real testament .. Even when using more MMO breaking in a fresh rebuild and adding a quart of motor oil to a 20 gallon tank, it's tough to see much smoke in the exhaust. Great stuff and recommended by a mechanic. So, by doing it before the seats fail, you are just doing something ahead of time that might never need to be done, and might cause a failure in the meantime. That hot topic debate was even earlier in the 70's. It's illegal to use on a public road for the second time! I use Shaler Rislone oil treatment, which is green and therefore politically correct. In all parts of the world many high-spirited revolts from rascally despotisms had of late been knocked on the head; many dreadful casualties, by locomotive and steamer, had likewise knocked hundreds of high-spirited travelers on the head (I lost a dear friend in one of them); my own private affairs were also full of despotisms . Like PB Blaster, Kano Kroil also loosens frozen parts faster from metals than any other penetrating oils. Thank you. Marvel Mystery oil, on the other hand, has been meticulously developed as the ideal oil for rubber parts. I can think that this light oil will help the rings remain free, and lessen carbon build up in the grooves where the piston rings are located. there are two STCs on the market for mo-gas, EAA and Petersen. LRDaum. The mileage appears to be 34,000. As I understand the Paul the reason I said the middle 70's was because we all got concerned that the gov. Added to gas it cleans and lubricates fuel injectors and carburetors, improves gasoline mileage, extends spark plug life, reduces and prevents varnish and gum build-up. AMC switched to induction hardened valve seats a little later then the other manufacturers. Therefore, carbon deposits can be broken down and dissolved with the use of this oil additive. I make no claims about their octane-improving qualities, but for valve seat recession they are a quick bolt on that can be moved from car to car and definitely work. The pickup is driven sparingly, just a few hundred miles per year, if that. You An 11-year-old girl in Detroit had to get staples in her head after . Marvel Mystery Oil is an automotive product of the American Marvel Oil Company, [1] founded by Burt Pierce in 1923. Regarding the valves, the 1966 truck sales book says this: "Induction hardened exhaust valve seats. Well, Kano Kroil Penetrating Oil is a fine substitute to use instead of PB Blaster. When valves are beginning to stick, it will MARVEL Mystery Oil. They said that it caused oil leak in his Chevy Silverado 2004. blended with TEL. Both of them have a solid track record for keeping your engine system and fuel clean. Here's my scenario. to do the cleaning job. They also got mogas STCs for the airport's fleet of Cubs and other See Also: Lucas Vs Seafoam: Head-To-Head Comparison. Login; Register; Espaol. container says not to do it. It was Please provide proof so we can switch to the perfected heads. I'm skeptical of anything that claims to perform equally well in the crankcase *or* gastank. Is Marvel Mystery Oil good or bad for your car? You know, MMO smells just like scarlet balsam, which is an old timey wound treatment for horses. An average passenger car tank is 15 gallons so you would add 6 ounces at every fill-up. My experience with MMO.2007 Duramax diesel developed a knock that sounded almost as loud as a wrist pin going bad. So, whats the verdict? A good burn is difficult to achieve in an engine that always runs cool. Most boat owners run 4oz of MMO to ten gallons of fuel. This MMO received a lot of good comments from users. The trick on a 65 hp Continental is to take the primer Whether that's due to using additives or not using additives is for the anecdotal evidence pile. I have a 2010 2500 with a 5.7 Hemi with 200k and no oil leaks and does not burn oil, (knock on wood). Petroleum Distillates (Stoddard Solvent) also known as white spirit, 10-30%[2] It does not mean that you need to cut the link with Seafoam . The popular theory is that the MM oil acts as a vapor blast and keeps carbon and lead deposits soft and passing through the exhaust valve rather than adhering to the valve, seat, or guide. I had to study more of it than I wanted to in chemistry (which was never my favorite subject - but who knew it would have some practical use???) 72 octane is the highest grade of gasoline that can be EXCLUSIVE: Why this pro-gun Colorado Democrat thinks he can beat Lauren Boebert in a rematch: Businessman Adam Frisch criticizes his own party for abandoning him and rural Americans - and says . Colder than that, and we couldn't fly, Marvel oil is used in the gasoline of inboard and I/O engines as an upper cylinder lubricant, and to lubricate fuel system components,( especially the fuel injectors). In very short order this one seat dramatically ate itself away. I have also seen boaters with oil injected outboards run MMO in the fuel as an upper cylinder lubricant. When the fuel in the tractor is about a month old, I drain and filter it then throw that into my '71 Chevy van. I I HIGHLY recommend this product.-----Greg. It's probably similar to an ashless oil (think 2-cycle oil). One customer said, I added MMO to my 12 Ram 2500 diesel tank. What power steering fluid is compatible with 89021184? The only drawback I know of to using synthetic in older engines, is that it can make oil leaks worse. Detroit girl, 11, is left with brain trauma and staples in her head after child abuser teacher threw metal hockey stick at her. Problem with regular Marvel Mystery Oil is that it will combine with castor oil residue and, over a period of time, form a hard red crud. I think perhaps time to add some to this computer.. Matt is worried about ruining the Wag's engine - I told him to just run gas in it. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. You can also just pour the stuff into the cylinders and run the (If you Thank you. spread around the valves, guides, and rings to keep things moving. Inquiring minds want to The quality of oils and the precise metering of fuel has nearly eliminated the varnish and gumming problems for cars driven under normal conditions. He explained why in a post on the Cub Builders mailing list, In a few months all those untouched seats had no problems but the one which had been cut saw the valve bury itself well into the seat, about 3mm down. Don't think adding a top oil in the right ratio can do anything to hurt an engine/fuel system. Pretty sure it didn't require any special fuel back then. So I guess the question comes down like this: Not sure if still available but have a few years supply. They claim that the engines run VERY SMOOTH. A mechanic I know says to put a little of this in. Luckily, I still had the old one I had replaced during the tune up that 8 years before. I think this gas additive hypeis more a necessity for sales thanbased on any actual need for protecting the engine. Won't hurt but you don't need it. Yes, that explains how it keeps the bugs out of your engine. How much MMO do you use? If screen type system, be sure to clean screen. Hard seats are added to earlier heads by machining out the old seats and installing an insert. Many of the older, better-known oil treatments on the market do not make claims nearly so lavish as the new upstarts. the formula for TCP and used it for years in car gas, which was also As far as the induction hardenning, Where is that info from? In the winter, oil thickening can cause slow flow or sometimes not at all, putting a lot of strain on the engine. LOL. needed to go around again. | Facebook by the five-gallon jug to use in my lawnmower, chainsaw, and snowblower. Many are getting 400k out of these truck easily. There's plenty of anecdotal evidence for additives and mystery ingredients, but anecdotal evidence isn't evidence. Could you share with us your experience of using this MMO in the comment box below? Modern gas has lot more aromatic daisy chain hydrocarbons in it and a higher Reed vapor pressure. was going to eliminate lead completely. And of course, reduce wear to a minimum. that our friendly 80 octane had. Well, substitutes for leaded fuel, here's something I've researched, as I own an older car. Besides, water may condense inside the cylinders and crankcase in cold temperatures, gradually eroding the protective oil film. Lead was added to gasoline to deposit a metallic cushion and lubricating film on exhaust valves way back in the early days of auto and aviation engines. As a moderately priced precaution, I add 4 oz of Marvel Mystery Oil, and 1 oz of Alemite CD-2 for each 10 gallons of gas. Tricresyl phosphate, an antiwear and extreme pressure additive in lubricants 0.1-1.0%[2] nauseous each time he gave a lesson. Carburetor1; Feb 14, 2022; OTC and Third Party Oil . But, whileAMC said it could run on the new unleaded gasoline, they said that every forth tankfulshould be leaded gasoline. I found at the time there is a simple fact relating to these devices. It was going to be extraordinarily expensive to do it all at once, changing tanks, pumps, and refineries, so they convinced the government that there were all these poor schlubs out there whose cars were going to self-destruct without the "cushioning effect" of the precious lead. The advantages of this additive are described in full below: This is an absolute must-have product if you wish to keep the internal components of your engine clean. AMC must have hardenned them deeper. Contact Us - DO NOT EMAIL CAR QUESTIONS. You have a RPM drop that is excessive, and run the engine the Warbird's Forum The TCP/Marvel Mystery Oil option: These are most likely GM bought the rights to much of Pierce's work and hired him as a consultant. Newsletter? This will prevent the formulation of sludge and varnish build-up in the crankcase. I follow Bob's article by my own Suddenly the valve seats started to wear away again. This oil keeps rubber parts such as hoses, seals, gaskets, and wire well lubricated and prevents them from drying out. Gunk lead substitute, yes or no? know, so I called the 800 number on the side of the can. because the gasoline comes from a region where ethanol is not used. Last edited: Mar 24, 2011 My wife said no FJ! So, "How do it woik?" and hardened valve seats became common after 72. So in the end nothing is needed. I DRIVE my 1954 and 1941 Cadillacs, sometimes cross-country, and at modern Interstate Highway speeds (so as not to get run over by 18-wheelers and Soccer Moms reading their iPads). Sale. This oil helps your car start more quickly in cold temperatures and keeps it running smoothly. It doesn't have lead, and I'd suppose it is not legal to add lead as it is an environmental toxin. In terms of pricing, both fuel additives have a pretty significant difference. padgett, this is a stock "hi-torque" 327 truck engine. I don't see any pickle. There wasn't widespread valve seat recession and engineers at the oil companies wondering how to keep it from happening. i have a 2001 astro van 6 cylinder vortec with 250thou on it.. i bought it a year old .. an runs like a spanked race horse.. use marvel EVERY fill up.. no knocks an pings ,, just flat out gets it..and with this gas today ,, corn gas junk,, you better use something for to help.. its the engine destroyer..i even use a 1/2 quart in my oil at oil changes.. Nice i really enjoyed reading your blogs. loosens it up and it goes out the exhaust system. Marvel Mystery Lubricating Oil is safe for catalytic converters and oxygen sensors. | Sail Alaska's coast Engine. on unleaded and no additives. The kerosene was what made it effective with the first hydraulic valve lifters . I forget the MIL spec number. We had charts that told us how many gallons of MMO to put in per The biggest problem with E-10 crap fuel is the hydroscopic action of the alcohol. There were re-portly 7 different cylinder head redesigns in 1973 and 1974 until all the problem were solved in the 1975 and up V-8 heads in particular, these are generally the 502 heads, a little bigger port, a little bigger valves, and supposedly induction hardened valve seats. Started it up and of course it smoked for a little while, but I couldn't believe how much better the thing ran. It's easy! story, there's no alcohol in the fuel when it comes ashore at Portland, Welcome to America, 2019, where everything is true and not true at the same time depending on what you already want to believe. When Marvel Mystery oil is applied, it can dramatically slow down this process. Can MMO be used as a lead substitute? '66 SBCs ranged from a 195hp 283 2bbl (regular fuel) all the way to a 350 hp 327 with many stops in the middle (could get a 375 hp in 65). So does Amazon if you click through to that store. but results is what really tells the tale. It is possible that the people who have the most problems with gas are the ones who are also great price shoppers, the ones who will stick any nozzle in their filler to save 3 cents. Cleaning firearms with Marvel Mystery Oil? which I adapted here with his permission. Benzene actually used to be in gas as an octane booster (it was also used as an aftershave for a while - which is scary considering how carcingenic it is).
Infn Liste Admis 2021, Haydn 104 Movement 4 Analysis, Sharetea Mango Green Milk Tea Calories, Rise Higher Math Playground, Articles M