BLUCOLLAR TACTICAL 2 Point Rifle Sling Patriot Model Gun Sling (100% USA Made) 1.25" Tube Nylon Webbing for Added Comfort. I have a FN M16a4 clone, I went with an OD green A2 buttstock sling adapter like the one linked below. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/pavil58pb/A4clone.jpg, Get a factory second direct from Knight's Armament. The lower isnt completely clone as it does still bear the Aero roll mark. There is nothing wrong withthese factory HBAR rifles as far as looks go, and indeed they can even be suitable for entry-level service rifle competition but the real M16A2 is a lighter, better handling rifle. To finish my build, Im looking at slings. These lower do not have engraving on the right side of the magwell. A2 length stock with trap door. The handguard thats issued is the KAC M5 RAS. Every 20" "A2" barrel I've seen comes with the correct full length handguards and sling swivel. Aside from that, you get a removable carry handle, and underneath is the optics rail that an M16A4 should have. This item can still be purchased. Brownells, Windham, JSE, Palmetto State Armory, etc. This sling mount includes a heavy-duty swivel, sling plate, spacer and screw. It will ensure any laser aiming devices keep a true zero and it will provide you with an incredibly stable platform to grip your rifle with. A subreddit focusing on cloning military M16 and M4 Carbine variants, built on civilian AR15 or registered M16 receivers. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. Weve built dozens of ARs and well cover all the best AR-15 upgrades such as handguards, triggers, BCGs, gas blocks, and more. Will SIG's .277 FURY really stand, NEW from Smith & Wesson comes a folding pistol caliber carbine that packs down smaller, Nighthawks don't grow on trees! Rocket: Try again. The M16A4 features the same 20-inch heavyish barrel, the fixed stock, the A-frame front sight, and Safe/Semi/Burst modes the M16A2 was known for. I am in the process of building a M16A2 clone and I have everything but the barrel. My love affair with the venerated musket began in the early days of my Marine Corps career. These are all parts you can use any trusted manufacturer for. For the 20-inch barrel, youll want the TA31RCO-A4CP. Related Products FN 15 Military Collector M16 M4A1 Specs Description. They are more dynamic than most military rifle sights and you want a quality set to ensure you have a good zero, and proper adjustments for the 20-inch barrel of the A4 rifle. We already have an account registered for email address ), Primary Arms 1-6 Gen 3 Review [The Best AR Scope Under 300 Dollars? check out the. Aero Precision M16A4 Complete Rifle Clone with Quad Rail. Or fastest delivery Mar 3 - 7. Rifle slings were in a state of flux at the time this rifle was in service. Our M16A4 Clone Lower Receiver features custom engraving on our AR15 Gen 2 Lower Receiver and is the perfect base for your M16A4 clone build. I've wanted a Colt M4 forever, but could never justify spending $1,200+ on a bone stock M4 when I could get a tricked out BCM for a similar price. all sell A2 stock sets. It is a select fire rifle having semi-automatic and three-round-burst fire capabilities. The lower is an aero precision M16a4 marked unit. Also popping flares and smoke bombs with this bad boy is a ton of fun. A movie with the man who led the development of the M16A2 is worth at least a million. In addition to that, the bolt that you get is made from Carpenter 158 steel and shot-peened, and the carrier features a parkerized finish. ], Eotech XPS2-0 Review [Is It The Right Holographic Sight For You? If you're looking to be a, The new 6.8x51mm cartridge adopted by the US Army. Select what level shooter you are! Prices are lower than theyve ever been, so were seeing a lot of interest interest in just-for-fun guns, and clone builds in particular. Ive been looking at building this clone. In fact, for a long time, it was Colt who held that illustrious military contract, and just like Colts LE6920 is a civilian version of the M4, the Colt AR15A4 is also an incredibly faithful and high-quality M16A4 clone, Now the AR15A4 is a little bit more bare-bones than the FN clone, but it also comes in at a better price-point, and again, it also has Colts lineage of making M16s for the US Military just like the FN does, With the AR15A4, you get a 20-inch chrome-lined barrel with a 1:7 twist rate, and all of the internal components meet or exceed military specifications, You also get a standard M16A2 handguard, which I still think looks cool, but if you want to, you can replace it with the Knights Armament Quad Rail. Daniel Defense makes a great BCG, as does Aero. The M16A4 is identical to the M16A2 in every respect other than having the detachable handle. The buttstock magazine pouch also provided a sling location that was actually worth a damn. The second model has a full-length rail system, rail covers, and a KAC vertical foregrip. Does any one know where I could get one? I do want a quality model made to last. Perhaps you want to build up a rifle like the one you carried back in the day, or perhaps you were inspired by the M16A2 you saw in Black Hawk Down Regardless of the reason for your project, the M16A2can be cloned fairly easily. If you want to build your own, great, weve tracked down the parts and pieces you need to build an M16A4, or at least the closest amalgamation you can. For attachment to the M27 or other weapons with a railed fore end, use the Rail Mounted Fixed Loop (RMFL). Over time the Marine Corps did approve the use of the 6-position collapsing stock on M16s for smaller shooters to use while wearing armor. The M16A4 Sling Mount allows ambidextrous quick detach sling attachments to be added to your M16A2, A3, and A4 rifles, installing easily to A2 stocks. Click The Button Below To Learn More About TheDel-Ton Pre-Ban Government Profile Rifle Kit: Number 7 on my list is to share with you a few of the best uppers and a good quality lower that will allow you to create your own clone. ], Magpul MOE Plus Grip Review (A No-Brainer For Your AR 15). All in all, I love Aero Precision AR-15s, and this would make a wonderful upper for a clone of an M16A4. So, how clone correct do you want to get? To clone this setup, you will need a Aimpoint M68 CCO or a Aimpoint COMP M4 and a Aimpoint carry handle mount. There are seriously some awesome kits out there designed for the opening in the stock. The lower isn't completely clone as it does still bear the Aero roll mark. Prior to writing this section, I had my personal M16A2 clone build at the range. Lewis Machine and Tool makes a replica M203 that is a 37mm flare launcher. This decision occurred at SHOT while shooting one of Aero Precisions post sample full auto M16A4s. All Rights Reserved. No, sir, those are still the only approved. True Clone Enthusiast: Getting authentic FN and Colt A2 barrels will be a difficult process. 5.56MM Serial number designation Safe/Semi/Burst safety selector markings Includes: It is expensive, but without a doubt, its worth the cost. Press J to jump to the feed. The ACOG utilizes a built-in bullet drop compensator and for this to be an accurate BDC you have to obtain the proper model for your barrel length. The contrasting color pull tab on the proprietary quick adjuster can instantly change the length of the sling to convert from carrying the weapon to a shooting position and quickly back again. I know that carbines are rifles technically, but the M16A4 marks the end of an era with the United States military. Once you have your upper pieced together, its time to find the correct barrel. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - What is the correct sling for a USMC M16A4? Will also require ability to check FFL through ATF EZCheck to verify . Upgraded some things to my liking so it's not an exact clone, but better in my book, then a M16A2/A3 clone on the right. 5.56MM Serial number designation Safe . It is mounted to the rail with 4 double set screw mounts that hold it tightly in place, no wiggle at all. Ive used all the recent issue rifles: M16A1, A2, M4, and M4 A1. I have made it an M4 clone to go with my M16A4 clone. Copyright 1996-2023 AR15.COM LLC. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. Click The Button Below To Learn More About ThePSA Stealth Lower: This is an awesome kit from PSA because it allows you to build out your clone of the M16A4 with your own choice of lower, Building out an AR-15 is a fun experience, but its also important for an AR owner because it teaches you how the rifle works, and how you can fix issues and/or replace parts when necessary, Another benefit is that you can usually get these kits and a stripped lower for much less cost than a fully built factory rifle, Now with this kit, you get some very high-quality components. I went with round because that is what my research has shown me. You cant get truly clone correct because of the Hughes Amendment, but you can get close. Once I locate it I will sling it up and add it to the article! Click The Button Below To Learn More About TheSTAG 15 Retro 20 Rifle W/ Chrome Phosphate Barrel: Another fantastic option, especially if youre looking for a clone of the M16A4 on a budget is the PSA PA-15 20 Nitride Rifle-Length Classic AR-15 Rifle, This rifle features a 20-inch barrel thats made from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel, has a 1/7 twist rate, and has a Nitride finish. My A2 has run for years with hand filed ramps and has had zero issues to date. This Build of the triglides allows the sling to lay flatter for comfort while carrying a firearm. The ACOG is one of the best combat optics ever made. Bam, now you are feeling the weight and pain of my friend Kyle on our second deployment. It also comes with the extension and recoil spring that you need for the A2 stock as well. Type your email address and well send Smooth stocks tend to come from overseas, with the fuzzy correct stocks coming from the USA. Click The Button Below To Learn More About TheKnights Armament RAS: The last piece of the puzzle when it comes to cloning the M16A4 is going to be the optic, and for that, youre probably going to want to go with the Trijicon ACOG 432 USMC Rifle Combat Optical Sight, This is the rock-solid scope that is used on the Marine Corps M16A4s, and its built to Trijicons extremely high standards with super clear glass, long eye relief, and a battery-less illuminated Chevron reticle, Its pricey, but its an amazing optic, and if accuracy is important to you for your clone of the M16A4, then this is the optic to go with, (Its a perfect match with the FN M16 Military Collector Rifle or The Colt AR15A4!). They will be quite expensive, rare, and harder to find. One caveat it is a 37mm flare launcher. Its at the end of the day you had better have your issued sling. As for the Aimpoint, many shops carry what you need. I was wondering where you got the front end wrap around sling adapter? Meet my A2 sight priest: The Schuster sight tool compresses the drum spring while letting me drive in the roll pin. The barrel is made from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium (so its a very strong barrel) and it has a 1/7 twist rate. Match the receivers, get a quality part, and still not break the bank. Attaches Directly to Rifle/Swivel, 70" Long. Matte Black finish hardware. Yes, even the M16A2 with M203 is available for a clone build. The reason he punches holes in drywall is his rage at carrying an M16A4 with an M203 and a SMAW rocket launcher. The Vickers Sling Quick Adjuster In-Use video shows how quickly sling can be changed from cary to firing. My ideal build is the M16A5 variant. What about becoming a grenadier? [AR 15 Cleaning And Lubrication] How To Clean Your Rifle In 5 EASY Steps! It was launching 75 grain pills with 24 grains of Varget. The M16A4 has some quality specs behind it and it has a notable change from the chrome lined mil The New Rifleman In pursuit of practical marksmanship. The rest of the components are all of good quality, and overall, this is a fantastic option if you want to save some money and build your clone yourself. There are a number of vendors selling barrels that are CLOSE, but not 100 percent clone correct. Lawman, didn't mean to imply you weren't a real Marine. https://www.blueforcegear.com/media/%20Release.pdf, https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/, http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou-registration/, http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141, MISC Training Course Announcements & AAR's, Former Vickers Shooting Method Regional Instructors, Pacific Northwest Training and Networking, All Other Longgun Parts, Accessories, & Magazines (EE), Handgun Parts, Accessories & Magazines (EE), If this is your first visit, be sure to So again, its a great option if you need to change out a collapsible stock on a lower with a full-length M16A2 stock. The M16A4 is identical to the M16A2 in every respect other than having the detachable handle. Click The Button Below To Learn More About TheTrijicon ACOG 432 USMC Rifle Combat Optical Sight: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (and other potential affiliate networks), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Features: Custom Aero Precision logo; Markings include: Property of U.S.A., MOD M16A4, CAL. If you just want the look, that should suit your needs, but if you want to clone the US M16A2 Service Rifle your going to need the proper barrel profile. This M203 is designed to work with A2 profile barrels and the Knights RAS rail. For QD, I also bought the Daniel Defense QD rail mount and Tango Down PR-4 mount since I don't like the stock sling attachment points. You want a clone? In addition to that, the bolt and carrier are High Pressure Tested and Magnetic Particle Inspected to ensure that the steel doesnt have any cracks or weak spots that will create failures, On top of that, with this rifle, you get a MaTech adjustable rear sight and a Knights Armament RAS quad rail which are both correct if youre building a clone of the M16A4. Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. I do not have a source for these, and much like the upper you will need to go on the hunt. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - M16A4 Clone, which sling and hand guard? Its also the small things that make this rifle look a bit ridiculous. Seeing as I had no 20" guns but had 8.5, 10.5, 11.5 and 16 inch rifles in 5.56 and 300 blackout already I decided to do a 20 inch 5.56 rifle which lead me to do a clone build of an M16A4. Check out our Complete AR-15 Upgrades article to make it your own. I have one of those, but couldnt find the stock adapter. High Power matches replicate the USMC Table 1 qualification shoot in many ways and can be a fun and dynamic shooting competition. The M16A4 is a badass rifle for many reasons It's a really smooth shooter because it features that rifle-length gas system And in a world full of AR-15s that look like M4 clones (which are also cool), it's nice to see something that looks cool, stands out from the crowd, and gives you that extra velocity from a 20-inch barrel You could go more refined and more expensive as well if you want a bit better of a trigger. Since we're posting up M16 clones, here are mine, my M16A4 with 4x32 ACOG, same sling i was issued, vertical grip/bipod combo, and a Surefire scout light that was given to me. When tightened, the sling has no excess webbing tail, springs, or moving parts that could fail, get tangled, or caught up in the weapon system. Item Description: For sale or possibly trade is a PSA M16A4 style rifle. So what makes a M16A2 clone a correct clone? Best Distance To Zero An AR 15? Windham Weaponry 20 inch 1/7 twist chrome lined barrel. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win. Click the button below to pre-order this item. For someone who wants to build a functional clone There are several sources for A2 barrels, though none of the new barrels are 100% clone correct. No buffer tuning, no spring tuning, no adjustable gas blocks, no free float rail. Colt AR15A4 .223 Rem/5.56 NATO 20-Inch Semi-Automatic Rifle, STAG 15 Retro 20 Rifle W/ Chrome Phosphate Barrel, M16A4 Clone PSA PA-15 20 Nitride Rifle-Length Classic AR-15 Rifle, PSA 20 Rifle Length 5.56 NATO Nitride A2 Freedom Rifle Kit, Del-Ton Pre-Ban Government Profile Rifle Kit, Aero Precision AR15 20-Inch 5.56 Complete Upper Receiver, ColtM16 R0901 5.56 Complete Upper Receiver, PSA 20 CHF 1:7 A2 Rifle Length Premium Upper, Del-Ton Pre-Ban Government Profile Flat Top Upper, PSA AR15 Complete A2 Rifle Lower Receiver, Trijicon ACOG 432 USMC Rifle Combat Optical Sight. Read the full press release here. Features: Lightweight construction Impact resistant polymer Integrated sling loops Fits MIL-SPEC carbine extensions 4.7 (159) $1899. So overall, if you pin this upper onto a good mil-spec lower, youll have a great rifle that looks like an M16A4, and youll actually have the exact same barrel that is used in the real M16A4s (which is pretty cool). Post was not sent - check your email addresses! This will help you match that FN receiver you purchased from Shark Arms! I graduated boot in 1985 and we used M16A-1s, my first duty station in July of 1985 had just started issuing A2s. What a great essay ! The M203 Grenade Launcher. Full-sized rifles are absolute kittens when it comes to shooting. With the overall quality of a standard AR15 increasing year after year, it's pretty easy to slap on a freeread more , Ever get a product that surprised you? Features: Custom Aero Precision logo Markings include: Property of U.S.A., MOD M16A4, CAL. We'll send you the latest guides and training tips geared Since so many slings made it overseas, it would be hard to identify with two and three-point slings were personally purchased, and which ones were purchased by themilitary. Click The Button Below To Learn More About TheColtM16 R0901 5.56 Complete Upper Receiver: Palmetto State Armory is usually known for their budget AR-15s and AR parts, but they actually have a premium line of ARs that are extremely high quality as well. i have a sling for sale in the EE that is the same one we used on our A4's in iraq. Though this rifle wont be humped through the streets or foreign hovels, it will still ping steel at 600 yards. The front end adapters seem especially hard to find for individual sale. Price; $2,350 Shipped and Insured. Personalize your experience. Click The Button Below To Learn More About TheColt AR15A4 .223 Rem/5.56 NATO 20-Inch Semi-Automatic Rifle: Another fantastic civilian clone of the M16A4 is the Stag 15 Retro 20-inch Rifle. Comes as you see. Colt 62249 part number silent sling black webbing for M16 rifles and attachment , Easter editionChapters:0:00 "One Son of a Gun of a Gun" SSG Barry Sadler / . And I think this CHF Premium A2 upper from PSA is another great option to consider if youre putting together your own M16A4 clone, Let me get right to the point, the barrel that you get with this upper is actually made by FN for PSA. So like I said, there is no clone closer to the M16A4 than this rifle because its made by FN, and its built to the same standards and with the same materials. The Aero Precision M16A4 does have Safe, Semi, and Burst markings, as well as M16A4 markings. Its only now slightly showing its age in comparison to the rise of LPV optics out there. Its made from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium (which is probably the best barrel material that you can get), and it features a 1:7 twist rate just like a real M16A4, On top of that, it comes with a detachable carry handle so you can easily mount an optic onto your rifle, and it comes with the classic M16A2 handguards which you can replace if youd like to, It does not come with a bolt carrier group or charging handle, but if youre in need of a good BCG you can check out these, and a Mil-spec charging handle is extremely easy to find and affordable. The above uppers are both stripped, so you'll need to purchase the rear sight separately. If you are choosing to build one from scratch, youre a brave person. Both the SureFire M962 (seen in the lower-right photo), as well as the twocell SureFire M951 (shown with a body extension converting it into a three-cell in top photo) are period correct. This stock is strong and stable and comes with a handy component to keep a cleaning kit or some skittles. USMC Standard sling mounts with the regular sling swivel not the side sling swivel. 2 Point Rifle Sling Classic Traditional Sling. Profile Upper Assembly is designed for the shooter who plans to add a scope or optic, or already owns an A4 Carry Handle. If you're itching for a great 9mm 1911 that won't, Used by millions of sport shooters around the world, the Strelok Ballistic app won't be, Shadow Systems CR920 Review: Covert Role Pistol, Wilson Combat Introduces Ultimate Action Tune Kit (Beretta 90). Nevertheless, your clone, A2 article was enjoyable and historically informative. Its a reliable classic. I was issued a CQB Solutions (pre-Specter) 3 point sling for my M16A4. Any idea where to find the wrap around front end adapters? TNTE's 20" Combat Rail carbines epitomize modern warfares emphasis on TNTE M16A4 Hammer Forged 4150 1/7Upper Of course, youll need a rifle length gas tube as well. Increased Magwell Flare - Allows for easier insertion of magazines and provides a . Finally, a longer barrel gives you more room when you attach a bayonet. The handguard is a P&S Products M5 RAS, an acceptable-and-issued substitution for the original Knights Armament handguard, which is harder to find. For a functional clone you want to run for fun, this would be a good choice on a budget. Brownells has got you covered. Its the small things that make this rifle just right. These custom lowers are by far the easiest source for a clone hunter, as custom shops produce them in odd runs and give them correct (US GOVT PROPERTY M16A2) markings. If you want to go crazy you can hunt down a PEQ-15. The polymer A2 rifle stock also needs an A2 length receiver extension, buffer, and spring. While on a forward operating base and not outside the wire, weapons were carried empty or, in Marine parlance, kept in Condition 4. The buttstock pouch was an easy way to keep a magazine with the rifle without it being loaded. you a link to reset your password. So it has the look, function, and authenticity of a contracted M203 but without the Destructive Device ability. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Many soldiers will remember this sling from boot camp and firing week. ], Aero Precision Ultralight Scope Mount Review (Top 3 Reasons Why It Rocks! That extra 4 inches over a carbine will be well appreciated, so will that solid stock for butt stroking zombies. Less than 100 rounds fired. M4 feedramps are not clone correct, but they will not negatively effect function if your A2 upper does not have feed-ramps cut. The correct barrel is a Govt profile, button rifled, chrome lined, non-f-marked FSB in 1/7 twist with an A2 flash hider and a standard rifle feed ramp barrel extension. These lowers do not have engraving on the right side of the magwell. Are you going to build your own M16A4 clone now? After extensive testing including combat evaluations, this sling is issued with the USMC M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle and authorized for use with the M4, M4A1, and M16 series weapons.
Glock 19 Mag Extension, Big Lots Allstate Protection Plan, Oakland County Craigslist Cars And Trucks For Sale, Articles M