Levi Chavez's current wife takes the stand, Current wife insists she never spoke with Tera Chavez. Tera Chavez had been looking for a business space to rent for her salon and had an appointment to meet a landlord just two days after the day she died, Alibi wrote. August 7, 2015. . One day, [the kids] are going to be of age, and theyre going to want to know, her father told Alibi. Levi also asserted that when Tera apparently killed herself, he was away, spending the weekend at one of his girlfriends apartment. He is serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole for 25 years. Shed never leave them of her own will. YouTubeLevi Chavezs second wife Heather testifying during the trial. The latest breaking updates, delivered straight to your email inbox. During the gap, Keener asked, You have no idea where the cellphone of Mr. Chavez was?. The former officer, clenching a Rosary, immediately embraced his attorney, David Serna. Annalise died after being pushed off the roof in December 2009. Farm Heroes Saga, the #4 Game on iTunes. News of his admittance to the university was met with some concern from alumni and other students, New Mexico PBS reported. Your login session has expired. As week three of the Levi Chavez murder trial wound down prosecutors started playing up another possible motive for him to kill his wife Tera. BUT HEATHER INSISTS THE WOMEN NEVER SPOKE. They also werent allowed to watch video of that deposition. For weeks, the murder trial captivated parts of central New Mexico as residents were fixated in barber shops, diners and grocery stores. But, in the end, after two days of deliberation, because of a lack of physical evidence linking him to Teras death, or something that even concretely proved that it was a homicide, Levi, who was facing life in prison, was acquitted of all charges. The morning of 22 October 2007, he returned to the couple's home in Los Lunas, NM where he . Former detective testifying in ex-officer case | Local News He told the 911 operator, Please tell them to hurry! and said shed committed suicide, PEOPLE reported. Where Is Levi Chavez Now? - The Cinemaholic COVID-19 has impacted how we provide prioritized street outreach, emergency housing, and permanent supportive housing services to people experiencing homelessness. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. He finally went on trial for the allegations brought against him in 2013, a full two years after the charges were first brought. I knew Id be acquitted. His profile states: Mr. Levi Chavez was born and raised in New Mexico and has a military and law enforcement background. Her husband, Albuquerque Police Department officer Levi Chavez, was the one who discovered her body and called 911, claiming that it looked like his wife had shot herself with his department-issued weapon. Levi Chavez. It appears that Chavez is now working for a non-profit organization called Heading Home that gives emergency housing and permanent housing support to people who are homeless in New Mexico, according to their website. Dr. Chavez works in Albuquerque, NM and 1 other location and specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology. Within two months of her death, he was engaged to a former colleague at the Albuquerque Police Department, Heather Hindi, and they were married a few months later, PEOPLE wrote. Levi Chavez, an Albuquerque police officer, called 911 on the morning of October 22, 2007, to report that hed come home to find his wife dead of a gunshot wound from his service weapon. Also in court this morning, jurors heard a heavily redacted recording of the deposition Levi Chavez gave in the civil case. She attended Teras funeral, according to her testimony, as did many other APD officers. I wasnt worried.. In the trial's final days, Chavez took the stand and acknowledged having a string of mistresses, searching a website on how to kill someone with martial arts moves, and ignoring his wife's calls for help. On the 911 call, Levi Chavez can be heard crying and saying Please tell them to hurry! Her death was ruled a suicide by the medical examiner, but investigators began thinking it might have been a homicide and the cause of death was changed to undetermined, PEOPLE reported. The two met twice thereafter to have sex before Levi Chavez called 911 to say his wife had shot herself in the head. Levi was ultimately cleared of all charges. Where does medical cannabis go from here? We always thought, Hell take care of her.'. Investigators eventually deemed her death to be suspicious and Levi Chavez became the primary suspect, especially after he remarried less than seven months following his first wifes death. After a few years there, they moved back to Los Lunas, and Levi got a job as a police officer with the Albuquerque Police Department. BREAKING: Former APD officer Levi Chavez back in jail: A Valencia County judge has sent Levi Chavez back to jail after a hearing on Wednesday. "I'm going to go to church, pray my Rosary and thank my Virgin Mary," Chavez said as he was crowded by reporters. But, the disgraced former officer insisted that he did not kill his wife. After investigations revealed secrets involving an unhappy marriage, tangled love affairs, and a web of lies, it was Levi who came under the microscope for Teras alleged murder and the subsequent cover-up. Detective Jones, who suspected that Levi Chavez had murdered his wife eighteen to twenty hours before he . Serna said he doubted that Chavez would want return to the state's largest police department. I did WE ALSO LEARNED TODAY THAT UNDERNEATH THE MATTRESS ON WHICH TERA CHAVEZ WAS FOUND DEAD WAS A CALL LOG FROM LEVI'S CELL PHONE. And really, these female cops, Regina Sanchez, Heather whatever her name is, and SRO officer horrible Debra Romero have the audacity to say "I didn't know" A few years later, the family of four moved back to New Mexico, where Levi Chavez became a police officer with the Alburquerque Police Department and Tera Chavez started going to barber college. The case made national news when Officer Chavez's sexual history became known, including affairs with fellow police officers, and that he spent the night before his wife was killed with his current girlfriend. Levi Chavez, 32, was accused of killing his hairdresser wife with his police-issued handgun and making it look like a suicide amid a crumbling marriage that included a love triangle at her hair . Upon announcing the verdict, the family of Levi Chavez, including his current wife Albuquerque detective Heather Chavez, let out gasps and wept. Levi Chavez eventually filed a federal lawsuit against Aaron Jones, who was a detective with the Valencia County Sheriffs Department at the time of Teras death and was one of the first on the scene. A summary is at Levi Chavez, Ex-Police Officer, Not Guilty Of Murdering Wife. webvtt in day 14 of the levi chavez trial, his current wife, a-p-d officer heather chavez takes the stand. Levi was engaged to Heather Hindi two months after Tera died and married a few months later, according to PEOPLE. Levi Chavez acquitted of wife's murder in New Mexico Serna said his client was a victim of an overly aggressive former detective and "lies" from local media outlets, although none reported Serna ever requesting for a retraction or correction from any stories since 2007. After more than 10 hours of deliberations, a jury acquitted Levi Chavez, 32, of murdering of his wife, 26-year-old Tera Chavez, in 2007 and trying to make the hairdresser's death look like a suicide. The police re-opened their investigation in March of 2010 and charged Levi with her death on April 20, 2011. Levi Chavez is a former police officer in Albuquerque, New Mexico, who was charged with the 2007 death of his 26-year-old wife, Tera Chavez. Chavez was acquitted of the first-degree murder charge and told reporters outside the courtroom, Im not surprised at all. They allege the former officer killed his wife to keep her from disclosing an alleged staged theft of a truck for insurance money. Breaking News: Levi Chavez found NOT GUILTY of all charges in the death of Tera Chavez in 2007. Chavez discovered his wife dead, with a gunshot wound to the mouth upon returning home on October 22, 2007. Jones was one of the first officers on the scene and a lead detective on the case. Im innocent. The upcoming episode of Dateline Unforgettable will premiere at 8.00 pm ET on Tuesday, June 14, 2022. I didnt answer the call, Heather Chavez said. All Rights Reserved. Bernalillo County deputy involved in rollover crash in Northeast Albuquerque, Where does medical cannabis go from here? Although the case initially looked like a suicide, investigators dug up evidence and theories that proved otherwise. He had come to the CACU office to schedule a time to shadow Heather, according to her testimony, meaning she would show him the ropes of detective work in the unit. 'I'm going to go to church, pray my Rosary and thank my Virgin Mary,' Chavez said as he was crowded by reporters. Levi Chavez Found 43 people in New Mexico, Arizona and 24 other states. Levi Chavez testified during his trial that he had a series of mistresses but reiterated that he did not kill his wife. action 7 . Copyright 2022 by Fashionuer. Levi Chavez, right, a former Albuquerque police officer, gets a congratulatory hug from his attorney David Serna on Tuesday, July 16, 2013, in Bernalillo, N.M., after a jury acquitted him of murder and tampering with evidence charges in the 2007 death of his estranged wife, Tera Chavez. Levi was initially charged with murdering his wife with his police issued Glock and making it appear as a suicide. She was my secret-bank. DATELINE FRIDAY SNEAK PEEK: The Officer's Wife - NBC News 'What did I tell you?' Emergency Housing Director, Westside Emergency Housing Center. Over the next several months, detectives began digging into Levi Chavezs story and the investigation eventually deemed her death a homicide. Levi and Tera Chavez were high school sweethearts who married young and were raising two children together. The interview between Levi Chavez and former Valencia County Sheriff's Detective Aaron Jones was recorded shortly after deputies found Tera Chavez at the couple's home, dead from a gunshot . Published: Friday, June 28th, 2013 at 12:05AMUpdated: Friday, June 28th, 2013 at 2:03PM. ", First published on July 17, 2013 / 10:40 AM. The former officer, clenching a Rosary, immediately embraced his attorney, David Serna.
Georgia Department Of Community Affairs Staff Directory, Nicholas Dean Des Barres, Fabletics Charged Me After I Cancelled, Articles L