They came out perfect, the quality is top notch and built to last and handle some serious abuse! This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. More advanced/detailed paint requests may require additional costs (i.e. Quick View. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. "I'll save you Nell". I highly recommend! I stopped by this wonderful store and asked about their belts.. they had a great many to offer, but none exactly in my size.. they took my measurement and hand made and shipped it to me within 2 days!! Ordered a second one within a week for another helmet. But if the leather contacts with water, or any other liquids, the oil inside will run off with the liquids when it evaporates. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Each strap comes with two mic holders standard. Anti Sway Strap. How to Tell if a Rolex is Real or Fake: 11 Signs of Authenticity. Includes Radio Strap, Radio Holster and Anti-Sway Strap. Make note that there may be some differences between turnouts, hoods etc, so at the end of the day, it will be important for you to practice this with your own gear especially if you have never used a radio strap before. I plan on having a leather helmet band made them later in the future. *Click picture for the Fairfax County report. Just received it 2 days ago. I received my leather shoulder bag and I LOVE it! Enjoy! When doing this stand up straight for best measurements results. Awesome feedback, usually within a few hours if you have any questions. IAFF member, Love this job! Items 1 to 5 of 5 total View as: Radio Strap Pen Holder. Based on the quality of this product I doubt Ill ever need another belt for the rest of my career. A Ridgeway Leatherworks custom leather radio strap stands above the rest. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is amazing. Having said that, taking care of it is not as troublesome as imagined. All Right Reserved.info@diywatch.club | Room 1606, 16/F, Technology Plaza, 29-35 Sha Tsui Road, Tsuen Wan, NT, HK, Seiko Mod Compatibility of NH34A vs NH35A, Specs and Measurements of Seiko (SII) Caliber NH34A / 4R34, Avoiding Water Damage: When Your Watch Gets Wet or Fogs Up, The History and Science of Blue Hands and Screws, Whats the difference between SII or TMI movement, How to Use Different Types of Case Back Opener. If your watch is really expensive, you may want to check the manufacturer's website for any special cleaning instructions (just in case). Leather is much like this: after cleaning, it has lost some of its natural oil, so its good to apply something to replenish that. The detail they put into it, you won't find anywhere else! Mallika Sharma is a Certified Leather Care Technician and the Founder of The Leather Laundry, a niche spa service for luxury leather gear in India. I am very impressed with the quality of the work. How hot is it really down on the floor where you are? no splash rivets or Chicago screws to hold hardware together) Rivets are set flush in the back so not to snag on your gear or uniform. % of people told us that this article helped them. If wikiHow has helped you, please consider a small contribution to support us in helping more readers like you. I am a customer for life and will be referring them to ALL my Firefighting family.THANKS AGAIN SPENCER! I will continue to provide the finest quality leather good and stamping, although the turnaround time will be slightly longer than usual. Remember the oath! The search for a quality uniform belt is finally over. Lots of high end equipment, bright paints, very unique items. Theyre both holding up extremely well. [3] 4 Put a pea-sized dot of a mild dish soap on the cloth. Clean and condition the strap every 1-2 weeks. If you wish to give your strap a deeper clean, you may also clean it with a leather cleaner that is specific for exotic leather. I ordered the quick release leather belt and Ill tell you what, this baby is beautiful. Best in the business! Soooo comfortable! Quality takes time to make. Axe and Awl Leatherworks can do just about anything you want! Our radio straps are 1.5 inches wide and made with 10-12 oz. Typically, names/initials/dates will fit. My Boston leather radio strap is just gonna go in the trash can. I ordered a helmet band and glove holder on july 17th and recieved it july 31st. While I too am 100% for under the coat, I like it better because its less prone to snagging and tangling with SCBA staps, seatbelts and the stupid SCBA collision straps. I have recommended them to my coworkers and to anyone who is looking for high quality leather products. After you shower, the best practice is to apply some cream or moisturizer to replenish the lost moisture. A few months ago my agency changed radios. (Its very high) I will probably only order anything leather from these guys for the rest of my life. Ordered my leather radio strap and couldn't be happier with the final product. There are other businesses closer to us, but these guys are top notch, and the quality cant be beat so we will continue to order from them! Fantastic products, this is my second order from them and both were way beyond my expectations. Thats conditioning for leather. Fantastic customer service from start to finish. God willing.- Eddie Laubengeyer. If it's not cared for properly, its lifespan will be shortened, or it may build up an unpleasant odor during summer. First of all, this should be your go to place for leather works! It smells delicious and feels amazing! This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. I ordered the quick release leather belt and Ill tell you what, this baby is beautiful. Im glad I found this shop. Several members only my department have Great company to deal with, customer service is top notch and the products are the best in the business. Premium Radio Straps. Super easy website to use to get your order just that way you want it. Green Leather Radio Strap with Anti-Sway Strap. Check out our unique leather colors in our. For years I was the only guy who didn't use one. Then, move on to using isopropyl alcohol if the smell is still there. Amazing company providing quality leather products with top notch craftsmanship! Several people have asked where I got it from. Would prolly want to put conditioner or a new protective coat or something on it after to increase longevity of the strap, I got mine from fullyinvolvedLeatherworks.com. None of which have had any issues from work or abuse. True to size, great quality, and not heavy. I browsed the website to check out some similar designs before settling on the one that I wanted. One end of the handle had torn from wear several yrs ago and I hadnt been able to use it since. We both like the clean, simple look of the watch . When I got them I couldn't believe the quality of the leather and craftsman. FREE shipping Add to Favorites More colors Custom Leather Firefighter Radio Strap & Holster . Thanks again. Great products and perfect customer service. Take a piece of rope, body cord or even a string and hang it over your shoulder. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. From start to finish they were very good about communication and making sure that my strap came out exactly the way I wanted. The natural leather has taken on a gorgeous patina- I just love the way this strap looks. I just received my custom radio strap and I could not be more happier. 3 or 4 other guys in my station have ordered from Axe and Awl amd their stuff looks awesome too! Right and Wrong *Click picture for more detail Wearing your radio strap outside of your bunker gear leaves you vulnerable to snags, damage, and potential mic lock from heat burnover. My boyfriend loves his new leather gear. So we ordered the handbag and they made sure it was here in time for our 28th wedding anniversary and even stamped the inside to say Warners est. (Our leather does not bleed dye onto your gear or uniform. You will not be disappointed!!!! Leather Lining. It was around 11 weeks to have it in my hands, however it was worth the wait. They recommend mild soap and soft brush then use of a generic conditioner. Learn more about what types of leather conditioner to use, and the best practice in apply leather conditioner, Sign up to receive regular updates with watchmaking knowledge and watch mod inspirations, Copyright 2022 DIY Watch Club. Their custom radio straps sure take a beating and hold up More posts from the Firefighting community Continue browsing in r/Firefighting Best leather products for firefighters on the market life long supporter for this company. 9 Likes, 2 Comments - Old Viking Leathers (@old_viking_leathers) on Instagram: "Firefighter Radio Strap! I just received my radio strap and looks great. My firefighter and i are very satisfied and will be ordering from axe and awl again!!! The customer service was great and when I dealt with Spencer, the owner, he was extremely accommodating to whatever customer service needs you might have. It turned out absolutely amazing. Simply push down the ball-shaped handle in the springbar, then the strap can easily be removed. There is absolutely no doubt that they take tremendous pride in each piece they craft.I'm excited knowing these two pieces will last a lifetime and can only hope they'll be keepsakes for my kids one day.I won't spend my money anywhere else when it comes to leather goods for the fire service. But dont worry, its a fixable problem if you know what to do. The attention to detail is awesome. Wedge the fork end of the spring bar tool between the strap and the lug, then you may press the spring bar down in order to remove the strap. Press J to jump to the feed. This helps protect the watch case and dial. Black Leather Radio Strap with Anti-Sway Strap, Rustic Smoke Leather Radio Strap with Anti-Sway Strap, Soot Black Leather Radio Strap with Anti-Sway Strap, Blue Leather Radio Strap with Anti-Sway Strap, Green Leather Radio Strap with Anti-Sway Strap, Pink Leather Radio Strap with Anti-Sway Strap, Red Leather Radio Strap with Anti-Sway Strap, Rustic Brown Leather Radio Strap with Anti-Sway Strap. Mallika is a certified Professional Leather Care Technician and trained with the globally reputed leather care company, LTT in the United Kingdom. If you have any questions feel free to email me at. Thank you so much for the quick response to my order. Remove the strap. Liked the belt so much that I ordered another one for my days off. My fianc loved it so much as a gift, he wore it washing the dishes, lol!! Pat the leather with a damp microfiber cloth. Excellent customer service and high quality craftsmanship. $ 135.00. I ordered a radio strap from these guys in 2017. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. They put their entire blood and sweat into their work and then sprinkle a little extra. Their custom radio straps sure take a beating and hold up. Before getting any liquids involved, wipe down the strap with a dry cloth. One end of the handle had torn from wear several yrs ago and I hadnt been able to use it since. Check them out on their Facebook & Instagram pages, you won't be disappointed! Will be ordering a radio strap & chin strap to match. . Which made me order a new radio basket. Before proceeding to the cleaning process, you want to remove your leather strap from the watch first. This image helps display proper placement. If you are looking for Autumn Harvest, or any of our very specific leather finish options, you can find them under out Private Stock Selection, Includes up to 12 characters painted in a single color. $5.99. Please note this measurement on the comment box during your check out. If there is any particular dirty spot, you may dip some soapy water with a soft bristle toothbrush, and scrub that specific area with light pressure. I have already placed in service 2 Radio Buckets and a custom Glove Strap. If your strap size needs are on the larger or shorter side of these ranges, please choose a custom length to fit you best. Went with the Hot Rod Red and turned out amazing! I received my leather shoulder bag and I LOVE it! Finally, you may lay existing leather radio straps down in a straight line and measure with a measuring tape from end to end including the hardware. 3 ways the H6 strap excels The H6 radio strap immediately eliminated some of my initial gripes about radio straps. Paint looks better than expected. Clean Straps will make you feel betterknowing your radio strap and duty belt is no longer absorbing the harmful toxins, biohazards and odors that are a daily part of the job for First Responders. Clean Straps offers great looking, long lasting, comfortable radio straps and duty belts in a wide selection of sizes and options. Keep up the great craftsmanship, but more importantly, keep up the great customer service, this goes further than anything. I spent literally hours comparing radio straps and reading reviews before deciding on Axe and Awl, and have not regretted it for one second. I have seen other work done on straps at the FD and mine pretty much takes the cake thanks to Axe and Amazing work! HT1250.I hang the speaker mic our just under the collar. This article was co-authored by Mallika Sharma and by wikiHow staff writer, Amber Crain. Recently ordered a leather strap for my helmet and am loving it. Stamping is clean and crisp. It was well worth the wait time for a custom one. I was so happy with the radio strap that a couple years later I ordered a set of their H back style suspenders. Rated 4.94 out of 5 $ 32.99. My chin strap for my fire helmet was first, its awesome and a lot of the Ive ordered 3 different time from Axe and Awl end every time Im amazed at the quality of work in every piece they create. Outstanding products. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/41\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-9-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-9-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/41\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-9-Version-3.jpg\/aid10410531-v4-728px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-9-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. The attention to detail is awesome. (Left)Original leather strap; (Center)Top half is the original leather strap and the bottom half is soaked with alcohol; (Right)Entire strap soaked with alcohol. They are easy to get in contact with and are quick to reply! I receive compliments and questions about where I got my strap and suspenders routinely, and Im proud to send them to Axe and Awl. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. Which then stretches the belt out and no longer is comfortable, this belt is very thick and should last a lot longer than the others! Company pride is something we definitely have, these bands set it off! I use it on my boots. It was definitely the right decision to! That does darken the leather. Our Fitted straps are made with strong high tensile strength yet supple leather that will accompany you through many years if not your entire firefighter career. Without missing a beat Axe and Awl apologized, had the strap fixed, and sent back in just a few days. From radio straps, glove straps, locker tags to coasters and accessories, we have the right gift for you or your crew. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4f\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4f\/Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/aid10410531-v4-728px-Clean-a-Leather-Watch-Strap-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Being a first responder I was looking for a radio belt with good quality. Spencer helped me at a trade show and answered all of my questions and customized my radio strap to meet all of my needs. When I got them I couldn't believe the quality of the leather and craftsman. To learn how to remove the strap from the watch, keep reading! Let them dry for 24 hours then apply a light coat of mink oil. Thank you!! To get a quote, please fill out the form below. This husband and wife team turn out the cleanest, most well built work I've found anywhere. Our leather radio strap is handcrafted and made to order for each customer from premium leather sides, meant to last a lifetime. Our Premium Radio Straps feature English Bridle Leather produced from American tanneries. I reached out and Axe & Awl, they got back to me right away and corrected the issue. We want this to be at your waist level. Rated 4.97 out of 5 $ 124.99. Rated 4.99 out of 5 $ 135.00.

Kevin Ross Singer Related To Diana Ross, Mesquite Housing Payment Standards 2022, Glenfield Hospital Doctors, Articles H
how to clean leather radio strap 2023