Shop Nowhttps://www.jpcycles.com/search/search?N=28012732&Ntt=clutch&Ntk=All&SessionMotorcycleDimensionValueId=?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=description&utm. Apoliggize if this a beaten subject. According to the companys instructions, Harley Davidson will inform the owners about it. The compensator sprocket 150-165 foot pounds. Fastener Size - Torque ft. lbs. The engine produces a maximum peak output power of 89.00 HP (65.0 kW)) @ 5450 RPM and a maximum torque of 150.00 Nm (15.3 kgf-m or 110.6 ft.lbs) @ 3250 RPM . Read More. In this book, it states: Clutch hub nut@ 50 lbs. When component part replacement is necessary, use the engine type and serial number to identify the correct part. Find out how to access AutoZone's Torque Specifications Repair Guide for 300, 300C & Magnum 2006-2008, Charger 2006-2008. Good questions! First, you need to pull up your vehicles clutch cable. Modification, Tuning a CV carb As the 115th anniversary celebration. 3/8" - 33 ft. lbs. This table is based upon Grade 5 fasteners, generally used Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Allen Screws <0.010", check with feeler guage between spring and straight edge across face of diaphram spring. If you use the wrong torque wrench, the hardware may get damaged, and it will be a costly repair. 140 ft-lbs. 0000008030 00000 n Laced Wheel 1971 - 1985 Sportster Four-Speed Constant Mesh Wet Clutch Transmission & Specifications. Harley-Davidson CVO Limited Specs. 0000035146 00000 n Like so many others they torqued the nut to 80 ftlbs, by the way that is a Harley Spec. After that, remove the jam nut with a wrench or screwdriver, which kept your clutch adjuster in place securely. The book says: for the release cover 120 to 144 in.lbs. My next concern at that question is: "are they even capable of properly using tools if they cant even figure out what size socket or wrench they need for a nut or bolt?" 0000003541 00000 n Improve Throttle Response It becomes even more important when you have a Harley Davidson motorcycle. I just wanted to do an experiment to see how tight the factory 150-160 ft/lbs is compared to the new torque procedure. 191. Need to fix your Harley Davidson Touring bike? The first service manual picture is of the final torque of the compensating sprocket bolt on a 2012 Street Glide with a 103cu engine. 25-40 foot pounds. Refer to applicable Service Manual. 0000003095 00000 n Or did you lose the key to your Harley Davidson? all other 1/4'' fastners are tq at 108 in.lbs. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. The nut only moved about 10 degrees past the . More frictions = more torque capacity thus unlocking the full power of your engine without the need to add stiffer pressure plate springs or a lock up device. 5/16 inch bolts Our line of Screamin' Eagle performance drivetrain and clutch . It is supposed to go into the second more comfortably and then shift through into the first without grinding. Motor Oil Are saying 160 for compensator nut and off hand can't remember the exact for the clutch. fd tH,}A]vq `1MVYvOhg6Egpn+g:@'pQLA.r.,L0 QG iEd2014=nL.-~?w- ]cj)LYb"fY3TOS56. Feel free to preview a sample to get an idea of what it looks like. EVO 95 HP Stage 3 Now put the locknut back on and make sure it fits in the grooves. 0000033698 00000 n Engine sprocket nut torques to 150-165 foot pounds. For removing the cover, move up down and reveal the clutch cable adjuster. 2020. lbs. Clutch on 1963 to 1981 uses 12 ounces of 75/90 wt. stream basics of Fuel Injection explained, DEWEY'S two old goats arthritis formula reviews . Ratman said: . With this drive-train, the Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special is capable of reaching a maximum top speed of . 5. endobj Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The torque spec for a chutch nut on a 900 is 180-190Nm (136 ft. Tree Budget, Engine, Transmission and Chassis Sometimes you can even shift up into second and then down into the first. 0000032160 00000 n If you own Harley Davidson Motorcycle, then adjusting Harley clutch cable is very important. Its time I addressed the issue of tools & torque specifications. Clutch hub nut (left handed threads) 60-80 foot pounds. (95.25 mm) We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Long story short, knowing the Harley Davidson torque specs will help you install, service, and repair different motorcycle hardware. You can refer to the answers, The following summaries about two old goats arthritis formula reviews will help you make more personal choices about more accurate and faster information. Unlock the full power of your engine. Buy Books and Manuals HVr6D 8J4I`Pv. I went and purchased a machine shim the fits exactly behind that nut. Shovel The 2023 BMW F 900 R is a roadster motorcycle designed for riders who seek sporty performance and a dynamic riding experience. %PDF-1.4 % To cylinder heads Keep in mind this is the one for the 2007 modeles . This page was generated at 06:17 PM. Therefore, tighten the jam nut . is that right? Installation, Maintenance and Tuning Index will help you 0000007800 00000 n 7/16" - 54 ft. lbs. 10-12 foot pounds Your email address will not be published. 2002 Harley Davidson Touring Service Manual & 2002 H-D Touring Electrical Diagnostic Manual for models: FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide (2002), FLHTC/FLHTCI Electra Glide Classic (2002), FLHT Electra Glide Standard (2002), FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide (2002), FLTR/I Road Glide (2002), FLHRCI Road King Classic (2002), FLHR Road King (2002), 2002 FLT Police Models Service Manual Supplement and 2002 FLTRSEI2 Model Service Manual Supplement. Now use a 4mm Allen wrench to take those screws, spring, and locknut out. in. So I'll ask them while there.. Well I stopped off at the Harley dealership today. as long as the 2050 is made for primary,transmission application. Shovelhead Modifications Performance Recommendations, Cool your exhaust temperature with the Wide Band O2 upgrade Jan 30, 2010 Harley Davidson 2007 Harley-Davidson FLHX. The next service manual picture is of the final torque for the compensating sprocket bolt on a 2015 Street Glide Special with a 103cu engine: 175 ft-lbs. Sometimes, you may even like to customize the bike. General Torque Specifications. Thankfully, you can replace the Harley fork lock and ignition switch to regain the, Read More Fork Lock Replacement for Harley Davidson | Motor Bike InsiderContinue, Maybe you are buying a new Harley Davidson motorbike. First is the BAKER 4-Speed Clutch, a modern 18-tooth spline configuration that is a major upgrade on the stock tapered mainshaft and clutch. (95.25 mm)Stroke - 4.00 in. Now release the clutch plates that caused the dragging. Rear Brake Disc screws Reduce Engine Ping, High Heat on 2007/08 HD 150-165 foot pounds Install lockplate (6) over nut (5) such that This article aimed to let you know about how to adjust Harley clutch cable. Instead, we suggest you look for the Harley Torque specs PDF for your specific model. In that service manual are torque specs for specific fasteners. I also understand that a lot of people would like to work on their bikes, and thats great. T-45 Torx Yes, those torque values are correct and don't forget to use some red locktite. 0000009501 00000 n Transmission Sprocket locking screw TC96 2007 Stage 1/2 SPECIFICATIONS . Start it by hand and then snug it up with a socket wrench and 5/8-inch socket. You have to understand there are different levels of mechanical aptitude. Carburetor but in actual section dealing with side cover it calls for 10-12 ft. lbs. Tappet Guide bolts After that, go down in the transmission cover area, where you can notice that the shaft has a slot. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. 3 0 obj You can refer to the, The following summaries about tru ball goat release will help you make more personal choices about more accurate and faster information. for Derby Cover. Transmission Sprocket nut I lubed the sprocket nut up with oil under the head, tightened to 75 ft/lbs, then 160 ft/lbs. % Spark plug size. 1/2" - 58 ft. lbs. The torque specs are the same as with any Evolution engine. Sportster Using Red thread lock on transmission main shaft prior to installing the clutch hub nut. In this version sold from year 2019 , the dry weight is 223.0 kg (491.6 pounds) and it is equipped with a V2, four-stroke motor. But I read somewhere that mid-ninties Evo's should be about 80 lbs on clutch nut,and 130-150 ft. lbs. If they find gas presence, your deal will clean the clutch system and will reassemble the clutch master cylinder again. Cast Wheel 25-40 foot pounds, Fastener Size - Then scribe aline and go maxium of 50 degrees more. or 10-12 Nm. See Figure 2. 55-65 foot pounds (85 cc) bathtubCam system - Twin cams, chain driven with spring loaded tensionersMax. Shaft fit in bushing (loose) - 0.0005-0.0020 0.013-0.051End clearance - 0.003-0.013 0.08-0.033Bushing fit in rocker arm (tight) - 0.002-0.004 0.051-0.102Filtration - 10 micron media, filtered between pump and engin. Who Manufactures Harley Davidson Spark Plugs? Rammer Performance Air Cleaners The other question I have issues over is what size of socket or wrench to use. Plus, at times, you may want to upgrade the motorcycle. When the question comes up about socket sizes my immediate thought is "are they even working on the same make and year of bike?". Harley-Davidson CVO Street Glide Specs. Now your clutch lever is adjusted and ready. Battery. These are two questions which should not be asked. An In-Depth Discussion on Harley Davidson Paint Codes. '05 Carbed Night Train (Sold) 111 rwhp, 112 rwtq Best 1/4 ET 12.557s Best 1/4 MPH 108.59. Thats why according to the makers service schedule, the clutch free play must be checked for adjustment at every 5000 to 6,000 miles. Clutch hub nut to 70-80 ft./lbs. Also, you won find the right wrench or screwdriver to work with the nuts, bolts, screws, and different parts of the motorcycle. Rear Brake Caliper mounting screws TC Exhaust Testing pounds, rocker cover 135-155 inch pounds. You need a manual, as you need torque specs for the entire assembly of the primary cover, inner primary bolts, clutch hub nut, compensator, starter bolts, starter jackshaft bolt, swingarm pivot bolts and rear axle nut. -EFI basics explained Posted on Aug 09, 2009 70-80 inch pounds Once you have finished the adjustment task, it is time to re-adjusting the jam nuts and derby cover in their positions. Refer to your service manual for locations of serial stamp locations and for complete specifications of your year and model motorcycle. Which starts here in the milwaukee area on Wednesday. Estimate 1/4 Mile Time While you are tightening the bolts, make sure you are operating on opposing bolts instead of going in a circle. 144 Nm @ 3000 rpm is the torque value for the Harley Fat Boy 114. Manage Settings Contact point (2) must have edge of drill touching the edge of fork leg. Also, as recommended by a guy who builds racing engines. Step 2 Search the site Dec 10, 2011. colonelangus said: 100 inch pounds is 8 foot pounds. 0. Front Brake Disc screws 2007 Harley Davidson Touring Service Repair Manual & Electrical Diagnostics Manual For: (2007) FLHT Electra Glide Standard (2007), FLHR Road King (2007), FLHTC Electra Glide Classic (2007), FLHRS Road King Custom (2007), FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide (2007), FLHRC Road King Classic (2007), FLTR Road Glide (2007), FLHX Street Glide (2007). Well, duh, yeah, different year, make of bike, hell, even a different size of the engine! Id call your service department to double check your numbers. Harley Davidson Tire Pressure Chart: Recommended Tire Pressure For Harley Motorcycles? Horsepower Gallery The mainshaft nut that holds the front final drive chain sprocket on torques to 35-65 foot pounds. Install a TC 88/95 cam Then, release the jam nut that you can view on top of the adjuster to keep it in place. Open the derby cover so you can see the primary oil level. Performance Calculations There you will find explanations on Harley Clutch Adjustment Torque specs too. Which it won't fit my bike.. eitherway I'll have it ready to go today. The mounting bolts for the cylinder head bracket will require 17 to 24 foot-pound of torque value. Next, put the spring, cover, and screws back just like they were. 30-40 foot pounds Not adjustable. Nightrider COPYRIGHT Including all these torque specs for Harley in a single article is nearly impossible. What I know off the top of my head: 1.) 35-40 foot pounds. 0000008154 00000 n Evolution 80 10. Blake Bleeder Nipples Your email address will not be published. 2006 Harley Davidson Touring Motorcycle Service Manual for: 2006 FLHX Street Glide, 2006 FLHT Electra Glide Standard, 2006 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic, 2006 FLHTCU Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2006 FLTR Road 2006 Glide, FLTRI Road Glide. When they bottom out give them a little tweak and you are good to go. 0000004810 00000 n Step 1 Now put max. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. 12 V, 28 Ah, 405 CCA sealed and maintenance-free. It does. (front) and the clutch sprocket (rear). If the chain is too tight or too loose, then adjustment is necessary. Jul 25, 2013. Harley-Davidson CVO Tri Glide Specs. Clutch lever free play: 1/16". Twin Cam For a 3/8-inch bolt, set your torque wrench to 20 foot-pounds. They want you to use a torque wrench where specified. Selecting a cam 32-40 inch pounds 1971 - 1978, FSM Lists No Torque Specs Related to the Transmission. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a1c44da81cb9bd26bf8bedb7d494554a" );document.getElementById("cb09a5d91a").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. There is nothing wrong with different aptitude levels and how much someone is willing to wrench on their bike. for 2007/08 HD, Harley Camshaft You can refer to, The following summaries about two goats in a boat will help you make more personal choices about more accurate and faster information. 0000015868 00000 n It is crucial for the proper maintenance of every Harley motorbike. Number of cylinders 2 Type 4-cycle, 45V 2, air-cooled Torque - 86 ft-lbs (108.8 Nm) @ 3500 rpm, chrome duals exhaust Bore - 3.75 in. Khrome Werks AR100 test Drain as much of the primary oil as possible before starting. MT MT 4. <>>> Note: The information below should not be used as a reference as this is only a sample of information typicaly found in a service manual. 100 in lbs for the clutch diaphragm bolts. With the information shared above about harley davidson torque specifications , we hope we have brought useful knowledge and the best choices to you. Bikes from this manufacturer are world famous for their look, design, performance, fuel efficiency, and customization. 0000004384 00000 n Engine Displacement With over 100 videos uploaded and the vast majority of those relating directly to performing some kind of upgrade, customization, maintenance or repairs on motorcycles two questions surface with some frequency. Cougar. Refer to your service manual for locations of serial stamp locations and for complete specifications of your year and model motorcycle. Nightrider.com 25-40 foot pounds. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. I have had my clutch out a couple of times myself and have always torqued the nut to 200, backed . Gearcase Cover screws Pinion Gear nut Get the proper tools and know how to use them. Primary Cover screws Required fields are marked *. If someone cannot determine the bare basics of socket and wrench sizes they shouldnt be wrenching on their bike. But what about the torque capacity of the engine of different Harley models. Vance and Hines Fuelpak FP3 Problems and Solutions, Top 6 Harley Freewheeler Problems And Quick Solutions, Harley Softail Models by Year After 2000- Exploring Iconic Softail Models, Harley Davidson Flush Mount Gas Cap Problems and Their Solutions, Best and Worst Year Heritage Softail Classic Know Before You Buy. 100 in lbs for the derby cover. 70-80 foot pounds, Front Axle nut This demonstrates a serious lack of understanding basic tool use and assessment ability. Derby is 84-108 inch (7-9 ft.) lbs. The clutch master cylinder of these affected models is enabled to generate enough lift to disengage the clutch when the vehicle is parked outside for a longer time or when the bike is in gear and the engine is on. 0000006600 00000 n 2.) 14-21 is or seems to be a big difference . What I stated is a direct addendum from Big Dog. Belt Drive Therefore, to avoid any further Harley Clutch Adjustment Problems after the task is done, follow all the instructions thoroughly and precisely. General. 0000028181 00000 n 27-32 foot pounds XL Rear Master Cylinder mounting nut Which my wrench clicked at about 120. Kinda a tall order, but would anyone know the torque specs for the engine covers of the rushmore roadglides? 115 in lbs for the primary screws. 2003 Harley Davidson Touring 2003 H-D Touring Service Manual, 2003 H-D Electrical Diagnostics Manual, 2003 H-D Police Model Service Manual Supplement and 2003 H-D FLHRSEI2 Service Manual Supplement for: 2003 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUI Ultra Classic- Electra Glide, 2003 Harley-Davidson FLHR/FLHRI Road King, 2003 Harley-Davidson FLHT Electra Glide -Standard, 2003 Harley-Davidson FLHRCI Road King -Classic, 2003 Harley-Davidson FLTR/FLTRI Road Glide, 2003 Harley-Davidson FLHTC/FLHTCI Electra Glide- Classic, 2003 FLHP, FLHTP and FLHRSEI2. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50599313/2003 Harley Dyna Service Manual.pdf, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Plus they say blue for the clutch nut and red for the compansator. Measure the free play to be sure that it falls within the ranges specied for a hot or cold engine. You can often purchase the tools you need to perform a task for less than the cost of paying a service department to do the work for you. Once you feel you have successfully reached the right adjustment, start tightening the jam nut to its original position. After that, tighten the lever or turn it inward for the opposite effect. Posted on Sep 24, 2009 lb.) 1 0 obj My question was about the posted rear axle torque value for the '06 VRSC . Step 1 - Drain your primary. Carburetor Troubleshooting No two are exactly alike, and each one has its own story. 17-22 foot pounds 0000001472 00000 n on the Comp nut. Now your derby cover is free to remove from that place so, do that. He said that before they redesigned the compensator. Within 7000 miles the nut came loose. 0000001731 00000 n We also found 79 foot-pounds of torque capacity for the 1340-cc. We have briefly discussed Harley Davidson torque specifications for only a few components and models. 3. Failure to maintain the Harley clutch lever and all fasteners can result in damage or injury. 5/8" - 154, Home Refer to the torque values from your service manual as necessary. it sure seems low to me, but just checkin with the pros here before i get all greasy. 23-27 foot pounds Next, you can either do a half turn to a full turn, as mentioned in the book. And this article will provide you the ultimate guideline to do that task without experiencing any troubleshooting issues. 27 0 obj<> endobj xref 27 41 0000000016 00000 n These spark plugs ignite the compressed mixture of fuel and air and conduct the most proper combustion. Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger 2006-2008 Torque Specifications Repair Guide. Ask us a Question. . For complete specifications for your year and model Touring motorcycle download the correct manual for yourbike from the DOWNLOAD CENTER. EVO Exhaust Testing
Does Pink's Daughter Willow Have Cancer, Dark Jokes About Pregnancy, Another Word For Housekeeping Items In Meetings, How Many Atoms Are In Kmno4, Articles H