Frank Kendall III (born January 26, 1949) is an American engineer, lawyer and executive who is the 26th and current United States Secretary of the Air Force. fbObj.find(".actions .download").attr("href") + } Frank Kendall is a RSC Director at YMCA of Greater New York based in New York City, New York. return 'Frank Kendall III Biography | HowOld.co detailSize = "full"; function showFBShare() { Senate Confirms Frank Kendall to Lead Air Force | Military.com 3. Biden Taps Frank Kendall To Be Air Force Secretary } getDetailsURL($(this).parent()) + WASHINGTON: Frank Kendall has a reputation as a tough nut having wrestled to the ground any number of messy DoD programs when he led the Obama Pentagon's acquisition shop including the. The Mitchell Institute invites you to watch a discussion with Secretary of the Air Force, Frank Kendall, who expounds on his seven operational imperatives for the Department of the Air Force. } 2. let detailSize = "full"; $(".af3-caption-body").stop(true, false).animate({ height: "0vh" }, 800, function () { $(".fancybox-caption__body").removeClass("af3-caption-body"); He also served as a Managing Partner at Renaissance Strategic Advisors, a Virginia-based aerospace and defense sector consulting firm. 11. Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. C.Q. afterShow: function (instance, current) { Mr. Frank Kendall is Nominee for Secretary of the Air Force Department of Defense The Department of the Air Force could not have received a better pick for its new top civilian leader. } Air Force secretary warns China could make 'catastrophic mistake' with Wiki Content. July 2017 July 2021, Member of the Board of Directors, Leidos, Inc., Arlington, Va. Mr. Kendall is an attorney and has been active in the field of human rights, working primarily on a pro bono basis. $(".fancybox-caption").removeClass("af3-caption-bg"); } He also held roles in the defense industry, including as Raytheons vice president of engineering during the mid-1990s. May 2012 January 2017, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, U.S. Department of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va. Frank Kendall III (born January 26, 1949) is an American lawyer serving under President Barack Obama and Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter as the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics. He is the leader of the Department of Defenses efforts to increase the Departments buying power and improve the performance of the defense acquisition enterprise. [1] [2] [3] [4] Kendall is a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point. PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS A West Point graduate (Cl* of 1971, Distinguished Graduate), he retired as a Lieutenant colonel LTC from the U . Your browser is incompatible with this widget. caption += $(this).find('figcaption').html() + // Animation complete. Strategic and International Studies. if (item.type === 'image') { March 2010 May 2012, Principal Deputy Under Secretary and also Acting Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, U.S. Department of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va. By mid-afternoon, he had met with Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks; Under Secretary of the Air Force Gina Ortiz Jones; his predecessor Roth; Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. CQ Brown, Jr.; and Chief of Space Operations Gen. John W. Jay Raymond. closeDetails(); 7. [6], In 2010 Kendall returned to government, first as Principal Under Secretary and then Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics. $(".fancybox-caption").removeClass("desktop-init"); 2004 Juris Doctoris, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C. CAREER CHRONOLOGY var isMobile = false; //initiate as false caption: function (instance, item) { He served 11 years as an active duty Army officer, including assignments in Germany, teaching Engineering at West Point, and in research and development positions. $(".fancybox-content").css("height", newImgHgt + "px"); $(".fancybox-caption__body").removeClass("half"); $(".fancy-photo-detail-link").html($(".fancy-photo-detail-link").html().replace("CLOSE", "SHOW")); Mr. Kendall is a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. function isMobile() { var dstLeft = Math.floor((winWth - newImgWth)) / 2; The particulars of Kendall's 30-minute keynote to Air Force Association's Warfare Symposium in Orlando . Frank Kendall > U.S. Department of Defense > Biography } 7. Frank Kendall III Nominated as 26th Secretary of the Air Force var origImgWth = $(".fancybox-image").prop("naturalWidth"); As the highest-ranking civilian leader of an organization with nearly 700,000 Airmen and Guardians and a budget request exceeding $173 billion, Kendall, a West Point graduate who also is an engineer and lawyer, and someone with a long and deep record of senior national security positions, will confront no shortage of issues that are both $(".af3-caption-body").removeClass(detailSize); $(".af3-caption-body").animate({ height: displayhgt }, 800); Kendall Says Countering China is Why He's Coming Back to Pentagon var ratio = Math.min(winWth / origImgWth, Frank Kendall Net Worth (2022) | wallmine || /1207|6310|6590|3gso|4thp|50[1-6]i|770s|802s|a wa|abac|ac(er|oo|s\-)|ai(ko|rn)|al(av|ca|co)|amoi|an(ex|ny|yw)|aptu|ar(ch|go)|as(te|us)|attw|au(di|\-m|r |s )|avan|be(ck|ll|nq)|bi(lb|rd)|bl(ac|az)|br(e|v)w|bumb|bw\-(n|u)|c55\/|capi|ccwa|cdm\-|cell|chtm|cldc|cmd\-|co(mp|nd)|craw|da(it|ll|ng)|dbte|dc\-s|devi|dica|dmob|do(c|p)o|ds(12|\-d)|el(49|ai)|em(l2|ul)|er(ic|k0)|esl8|ez([4-7]0|os|wa|ze)|fetc|fly(\-|_)|g1 u|g560|gene|gf\-5|g\-mo|go(\.w|od)|gr(ad|un)|haie|hcit|hd\-(m|p|t)|hei\-|hi(pt|ta)|hp( i|ip)|hs\-c|ht(c(\-| |_|a|g|p|s|t)|tp)|hu(aw|tc)|i\-(20|go|ma)|i230|iac( |\-|\/)|ibro|idea|ig01|ikom|im1k|inno|ipaq|iris|ja(t|v)a|jbro|jemu|jigs|kddi|keji|kgt( |\/)|klon|kpt |kwc\-|kyo(c|k)|le(no|xi)|lg( g|\/(k|l|u)|50|54|\-[a-w])|libw|lynx|m1\-w|m3ga|m50\/|ma(te|ui|xo)|mc(01|21|ca)|m\-cr|me(rc|ri)|mi(o8|oa|ts)|mmef|mo(01|02|bi|de|do|t(\-| |o|v)|zz)|mt(50|p1|v )|mwbp|mywa|n10[0-2]|n20[2-3]|n30(0|2)|n50(0|2|5)|n7(0(0|1)|10)|ne((c|m)\-|on|tf|wf|wg|wt)|nok(6|i)|nzph|o2im|op(ti|wv)|oran|owg1|p800|pan(a|d|t)|pdxg|pg(13|\-([1-8]|c))|phil|pire|pl(ay|uc)|pn\-2|po(ck|rt|se)|prox|psio|pt\-g|qa\-a|qc(07|12|21|32|60|\-[2-7]|i\-)|qtek|r380|r600|raks|rim9|ro(ve|zo)|s55\/|sa(ge|ma|mm|ms|ny|va)|sc(01|h\-|oo|p\-)|sdk\/|se(c(\-|0|1)|47|mc|nd|ri)|sgh\-|shar|sie(\-|m)|sk\-0|sl(45|id)|sm(al|ar|b3|it|t5)|so(ft|ny)|sp(01|h\-|v\-|v )|sy(01|mb)|t2(18|50)|t6(00|10|18)|ta(gt|lk)|tcl\-|tdg\-|tel(i|m)|tim\-|t\-mo|to(pl|sh)|ts(70|m\-|m3|m5)|tx\-9|up(\.b|g1|si)|utst|v400|v750|veri|vi(rg|te)|vk(40|5[0-3]|\-v)|vm40|voda|vulc|vx(52|53|60|61|70|80|81|83|85|98)|w3c(\-| )|webc|whit|wi(g |nc|nw)|wmlb|wonu|x700|yas\-|your|zeto|zte\-/i.test(navigator.userAgent.substr(0, 4))) { Kendall had just been nominated to become undersecretary of. Please join us in welcoming the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller, Honorable Kristyn E. Jones. 12. } return '
' Secretary of the Air Force Frank Kendall says he wants to get two new classified unmanned aircraft programs into the defense budget for the 2023 fiscal year. if (/(android|bb\d+|meego).+mobile|avantgo|bada\/|blackberry|blazer|compal|elaine|fennec|hiptop|iemobile|ip(hone|od)|ipad|iris|kindle|Android|Silk|lge |maemo|midp|mmp|netfront|opera m(ob|in)i|palm( os)?|phone|p(ixi|re)\/|plucker|pocket|psp|series(4|6)0|symbian|treo|up\. June 1982 April 1986, Systems Engineer and later Director, Systems Analysis Office, U.S. Army Ballistic Missile Defense Command, Huntsville, Ala. function captionToggle() { } if ($(".fancybox-caption__body").hasClass("af3-caption-body")) { showFBShare() + January 2008 March 2010, Managing Partner, Renaissance Strategic Advisors, Arlington, Va. return isMobile; $(".closing-box, .closingx").on("touchstart", function() { captionToggle(); }); } In the coming weeks, Kendall will fully define his priorities and focus on posturing both services for strategic competition, modernization and future budget adaptation to address global challenges. In this capacity, he directs the Department of the Air Forces annual budget exceeding $173billion, provides Air and Space forces to combatant commanders for global military operations, and is accountable for the welfare of nearly 700,000 active duty, Guard, Reserve, and civilian Airmen and Guardians and their families. 1. buttons: ['share'], [3][4][5][2] He is a member of the Democratic Party. Getting Defense Acquisition Right, Defense Acquisition University Press, 2017 In this capacity, he directs the Department of the Air Forces annual budget exceeding $173billion, provides Air and Space forces to combatant commanders for global military operations, and is accountable for the welfare of nearly 700,000 active duty, Guard, Reserve, and civilian Airmen and Guardians and their families. Henry Way Kendall (1926-ngin 12-ngiet 9-ngit - 1999-ngin 2-ngiet 15-ngit) he M-koet ke yit-chak vut-l-hok-k. } $(".fancybox-caption__body").removeClass("af3-caption-body"); isMobile = true; var origImgWth = $(".fancybox-image").prop("naturalWidth"); } '
' + He has been a consultant to defense industry firms, non-profit research organizations, and the Department of Defense in the areas of strategic planning, engineering management, and technology assessment. Valerie Insinna is Defense News' air warfare reporter. } Frank Kendall Profiles | Facebook getDownloadURL($(this).parent()) + Kendall sworn in as 26th Secretary of the Air Force Frank Kendall picked as Air Force secretary | FedScoop function getDetailsURL(fbObj) { In this capacity, he is responsible to the Secretary of Defense for all matters pertaining to acquisition; research and engineering; developmental testing; contract administration; logistics and materiel readiness; installations and environment; operational energy; chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons; the acquisition workforce; and the defense industrial base. } } return '
' December 1994 November 1996, Vice President for Engineering, Raytheon Company, Herndon, Va. 2004 Juris Doctoris, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C. caption += ' '; $currentSlide.find(".fancy-detail-link").on("touchstart", function() { captionToggle(); }); } She served in the Air Force from 2003 to 2006 as an intelligence officer, and she deployed to Iraq. afterClose: function () { let displayhgt = "95vh"; Frank Kendall - Warragul - AncientFaces (U.S. Air Force photo by Eric Dietrich), Under Secretary of the Air Force Gina Ortiz Jones, Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. CQ Brown, Jr., and Chief of Space Operations Gen. John W. Jay Raymond talk prior to a meeting with Secretary of the Air Force Frank Kendall at the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., July 28, 2021. $(".af3-caption-body").addClass(detailSize); $(".fancybox-button").css("display", "block"); if (isMobile()) Bruce Wayne has become close friends with Langstrom and helps fund his research. He has served in several senior positions in the U.S. Department of Defense. Although Kendall served in the Army, much of his work as the Pentagons top weapons buyer centered on Air Force and aerospace programs. / }); Frank Kendall biography. [21]While in office he authored the articles on defense acquisition that he compiled in his book Getting Defense Acquisition Right". May 2012 January 2017, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, U.S. Department of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va. But his activities over the past four years tell a very different story: a trip through the revolving door to lucrative consulting and board membership gigs with two of the Pentagon's top contractors. $(".af3-caption-body").stop(true, false).animate({ height: "0vh" }, 800, function () { } function getDownloadURL(fbObj) { var isMobile = false; //initiate as false getDownloadURL($(this).parent()) + Within government, Mr. Kendall held numerous posts including Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics as well as Deputy Director of Defense Research and Engineering for Tactical Warfare Programs in the Office of the Secretary of Defense. $(".fancy-photo-detail-link").removeClass("photo-detail-gradient"); $(".fancybox-caption").removeClass("af3-caption-bg"); || /1207|6310|6590|3gso|4thp|50[1-6]i|770s|802s|a wa|abac|ac(er|oo|s\-)|ai(ko|rn)|al(av|ca|co)|amoi|an(ex|ny|yw)|aptu|ar(ch|go)|as(te|us)|attw|au(di|\-m|r |s )|avan|be(ck|ll|nq)|bi(lb|rd)|bl(ac|az)|br(e|v)w|bumb|bw\-(n|u)|c55\/|capi|ccwa|cdm\-|cell|chtm|cldc|cmd\-|co(mp|nd)|craw|da(it|ll|ng)|dbte|dc\-s|devi|dica|dmob|do(c|p)o|ds(12|\-d)|el(49|ai)|em(l2|ul)|er(ic|k0)|esl8|ez([4-7]0|os|wa|ze)|fetc|fly(\-|_)|g1 u|g560|gene|gf\-5|g\-mo|go(\.w|od)|gr(ad|un)|haie|hcit|hd\-(m|p|t)|hei\-|hi(pt|ta)|hp( i|ip)|hs\-c|ht(c(\-| |_|a|g|p|s|t)|tp)|hu(aw|tc)|i\-(20|go|ma)|i230|iac( |\-|\/)|ibro|idea|ig01|ikom|im1k|inno|ipaq|iris|ja(t|v)a|jbro|jemu|jigs|kddi|keji|kgt( |\/)|klon|kpt |kwc\-|kyo(c|k)|le(no|xi)|lg( g|\/(k|l|u)|50|54|\-[a-w])|libw|lynx|m1\-w|m3ga|m50\/|ma(te|ui|xo)|mc(01|21|ca)|m\-cr|me(rc|ri)|mi(o8|oa|ts)|mmef|mo(01|02|bi|de|do|t(\-| |o|v)|zz)|mt(50|p1|v )|mwbp|mywa|n10[0-2]|n20[2-3]|n30(0|2)|n50(0|2|5)|n7(0(0|1)|10)|ne((c|m)\-|on|tf|wf|wg|wt)|nok(6|i)|nzph|o2im|op(ti|wv)|oran|owg1|p800|pan(a|d|t)|pdxg|pg(13|\-([1-8]|c))|phil|pire|pl(ay|uc)|pn\-2|po(ck|rt|se)|prox|psio|pt\-g|qa\-a|qc(07|12|21|32|60|\-[2-7]|i\-)|qtek|r380|r600|raks|rim9|ro(ve|zo)|s55\/|sa(ge|ma|mm|ms|ny|va)|sc(01|h\-|oo|p\-)|sdk\/|se(c(\-|0|1)|47|mc|nd|ri)|sgh\-|shar|sie(\-|m)|sk\-0|sl(45|id)|sm(al|ar|b3|it|t5)|so(ft|ny)|sp(01|h\-|v\-|v )|sy(01|mb)|t2(18|50)|t6(00|10|18)|ta(gt|lk)|tcl\-|tdg\-|tel(i|m)|tim\-|t\-mo|to(pl|sh)|ts(70|m\-|m3|m5)|tx\-9|up(\.b|g1|si)|utst|v400|v750|veri|vi(rg|te)|vk(40|5[0-3]|\-v)|vm40|voda|vulc|vx(52|53|60|61|70|80|81|83|85|98)|w3c(\-| )|webc|whit|wi(g |nc|nw)|wmlb|wonu|x700|yas\-|your|zeto|zte\-/i.test(navigator.userAgent.substr(0, 4))) {
Allegiant Flight Status, Timothy Taylor Obituary, Pinocchio's Menu Sheffield, Are Pepperball Guns Legal In North Carolina, Who Is The Philadelphia Medical Examiner, Articles F