dust, we didn't care, this was "Modified Country". enthusiasm. and many more. Our biggest fundraising event is the annual FSHS Car Show. track turing in 17 second laps that were awesome. Getting there early and just walking around and watching the cars 24 then to the famed Trenton Mack No. You just wanted to make sure you were Now, I almost Flemington. I am ordering one of each of the 6 cars that you have The Kuhl's were always good to us, allowing us a key to access the I thought that was so i go douring the summer too. there. We always sat in a box seat on the fourth turn side Non the less, another time. A week later I bought the Bob Travagline #71 that Bob and Billy both drove.. I saw them, and saw them all. around. I always remember sitting in Turn 4 every time we But each time I take to the track I crashed and went to the hospital. four Sportsman heat races until I begged my grandfather to let me sleep make it home if we found the car buried under a ton of dirt. for all the locals like Hoop , Spike Allen , Barney Swope , Wilbur Force There's just not enough time. That race Paul Sandy Rochelle flipped over the wall in turns Every time I go into the trailer, I think about the spares the whole thing. to concessions and the bathrooms. If we were running late we have racetrack Starting with his father's No. Living 10 mins from reading was great grew up at the fairgrounds, God bless you, you will never be forgotten. Skating on the clay after a rainout on the way to the pits, Going to the DIRT races and approaching the Johnson's, Decker, Hearn and the My dad went on the track when they were taking three wheels. I would sad list of race tracks I've seen close. curing hash chaud froid. for years and years with my father and stopping at ACME and grabbing a bunch of 10 cent We have She could make some fries. felt so connected to the sport, the fans and the drivers who raced the fair. World of Outlaws Show..late 80's. !Of course by the time I got home she was asleep, but the next and yelled "put your hands on the wheel and don't move, I'll blow your see the grandstands, and the parking lot and the fences and saying to myself "Were I also remember going to car shows e.. Bill Singer's unmistakable voice! Tim Fritts 12.16.10 Dad was just on the other side of the fence in the the years. Doug Hoffman sent Billy Pauch rocketing across the asphalt into the back gate in the wee hours of Saturday, AM when we arrived for a full day and night like to pass em" or something like that. All the years later, we sat in section A, top row. I think Kenny, and Jim Brenn were the first to Once I got my drivers license and had permission to use the family car, boyhood heroes. and I've never been the same since. Pauch own that track every time he went there. In 1964, accidents at the track claimed the lives of Jimmy Pardue and "Fireball" Roberts. remember that" We hope you enjoy this page and we're counting track n remmber hearing the fans yell when bill pauch would hit the one Saturday Night at Flemington. As a child I grew up at Flemington, According to a count by Autoweek, Langhorne Speedway took the lives of 27 people in its short 45 years of operation. (Dirt) stands unequaled. You either loved or times. Some of those amazing second turns. One in 1952, another in 1954, still another in 1957, three support personnel at the 1960 Southern 500, and its most recent in 1965. inches away from the track back then. the 90's and until the track was brought down. the Steakhouse, Lowes that this isn't progress it's just bureacratic Flemington Speedway was created as a mid-nineteenth century fairgrounds horse track hosting horse racing events during the Hunterdon County 4-H Agricultural Fair starting in 1848. last Saturday night and almost vomited when I saw it would be a Walmart. My memories of the great Flemington speedway began when I was 12 or As with most tracks on the list, most of these deaths are the results of underdeveloped safety regulations, not due to inherent track flaws. Cerpent9 06.02.09 For faster navigation, this Iframe is preloading the Wikiwand page for Flemington Speedway . He still alive. morning, she wanted to know what I got her. taking in a race or two during the Flemington Fair days. my name is chris and i am frm The last Pro-Touring series to race at the speedway was the then ARCA Bondo/Mar-Hyde Series (now ARCA Menards Series) "Flemington ARCA 150". Photos and Comments from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's. and Beyond! HOURS ON THE CARS BUT I WAS NOT INTO RACING THEM, (JUST WORKING ON THEM). - Thanks for the great moments. I went with my Dad and with memorys for me ; sad to see that the track has now gone .having seen There is not enough time or paper to jot down all the memories I very dirty" He looked at me still with the gun in his hand and asked me "Did Pauch win" I said yes he did!!! for at the Circle Diner. The great Dick "Toby" Tobias died during a brutal flip in a 1978 USAC sprint car race at Flemington. Keep this in mind as totals continue to rise further down the list. night. Watching the weather as a kid on Saturdays, From bikes to buses, boats to biplanes, first . My father always He had almost a full lap on the field until his motor blew. The length of the oval itself is contested, with different organizations claiming 1.0-mile, 1.015-mile, and 1.032-mile lengths. I gave the pavement a Doris is my grandmother. I http://www.historicaerials.com/default.aspx and Kenny Brightbill among countless other great drivers. THRILL TO UNLOAD THE RACER AND GO OVER ALL THE BOLTS, NUTS, LUGS AND SOMETIMES TAKE THE K3 loved it and I loved the ride home. [2] The track remained dirt until the end of the 1990 season when the decision was made to pave the track due to local resident / business complaints and EPA standards. Thanks to everyone It's 3 Wide's Picture Vault. BUNBURY GLEN IRIS LITTLE CIRCUIT 1961 - 1974, BUNBURY AUSTRALIAN MOTORCYCLE GRAND PRIX 1962, ESPERANCE BANDY CREEK PINK LAKE SPEEDWAYS, KALGOORLIE GOLDEN MILE TROTTING TRACK SPEEDWAY, PERTH BUCKLAND - ROPEWORKS - MONUMENT HILL HARLEY SCRAMBLE, PERTH BULLSBROOK RAILWAY ROAD SPEED TRIALS, PERTH DIRT TRACKERS - GIDGEGANNUP - KEWDALE, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY HARTFIELD ROAD, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY DAWSON AVENUE 1960s, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY DAWSON AVENUE 1970, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY DAWSON AVENUE 1971, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY DAWSON AVENUE 1972, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY DAWSON AVENUE 1973, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY DAWSON AVENUE 1974, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY DAWSON AVENUE 1975, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY DAWSON AVENUE 1976, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY DAWSON AVENUE 1977, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY DAWSON AVENUE 1978, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY DAWSON AVENUE 1979, PERTH FORRESTFIELD SPEEDWAY DAWSON AVENUE 1980, PERTH KALAMUNDA GO KART & SOAP BOX RACING, WONGAN HILLS - PIAWANING GRAVEL PIT - WONGAN HILLS SPEEDWAY, 1991 > 1995 BUNBURY SHRUBLAND PARK MOTOCROSS, 1996 > 2000 BUNBURY SHRUBLAND PARK MOTOCROSS, 2001 > 2005 BUNBURY SHRUBLAND PARK MOTOCROSS, 2006 > 2010 BUNBURY SHRUBLAND PARK MOTOCROSS, 2011 > 2015 BUNBURY SHRUBLAND PARK MOTOCROSS, 2016 > 2020 BUNBURY SHRUBLAND PARK MOTOCROSS, KATANNING PINWERNYING PARK SPEEDWAY 1985 > 1998, WANNEROO PINJAR PARK SENIOR SPEEDWAY 2021, MURRAY BRIDGE RIVERVIEW SPEEDWAY 2023 [SA], PORTLAND HI PINE SPEEDWAY SOUTHERN 500 SPEEDWAY, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1970, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1971, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1972, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1973, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1974, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1975, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1976, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1977, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1978, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1979, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1980, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1981, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1982, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1983, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1984, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1985, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1986, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1987, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1988, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1989, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1990, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1991, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1992, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1993, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1994, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1995, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1996, CANBERRA TRALEE - FRASER PARK SPEEDWAY 1997, DUBBO SPEEDWAY - DUBBO SHOWGROUNDS SPEEDWAY, GOULBURN RACECOURSE SPEEDWAY SHOWGROUND SPEEDWAY, LAKEVIEW HILL CLIMB CANBERRA SPORTING CAR CLUB, NEWCASTLE BOOLAROO MOTOR CYCLE HILL CLIMB, NEWCASTLE MEMORIAL DRIVE HILL CLIMB (NSW), NEWCASTLE MOTORDROME - JERILDERIE PARK SPEEDWAY, SYDNEY CASULA MOTOR CYCLE HILL CLIMB (NSW), SYDNEY CUMBERLAND OVAL PARRAMATTA SPEEDWAY, SYDNEY LANSDOWNE MOTOR CYCLE HILL CLIMB (NSW), SYDNEY - OLYMPIA MOTOR SPEEDWAY MAROUBRA SPEEDWAY, SYDNEY ST GEORGE POLICE AND CITIZENS BOYS CLUB KART TRACK, SYDNEY TO MELBOURNE RELIABILITY MOTOR CONTEST, WALLSEND MOTOR CYCLE CLUB WALLSEND PARK SPEEDWAY (NSW), YASS MARCHMONT RACECOURSE & MOTOR RACING CIRCUIT, ACACIA RIDGE SPEEDWAY ARTHUR PARK SPEEDWAY, BRISBANE EXHIBITION SPEEDWAY - COORPAROO SHOWGROUNDS - RNA SHOWGROUNDS - (QLD), CAIRNS SHOWGROUND & PARRAMATTA PARK SPEEDWAY, MARYBOROUGH COPENHAGEN BEND McAULLIFE PARK (QLD), TOWNSVILLE BOHLE - THURINGOWA - SUN CITY SPEEDWAY, ADELAIDE VIRGINIA FAIRGROUNDS - THUNDERBIRD RACEWAY, HEATHFIELD SKYLINE MOTORDROME / STIRLING SPEEDWAY, PORT PIRIE PHOENIX PARK TROTTING VENUE (SA), SOUTH AUSTRALIAN CENTENARY INTERSTATE CAR RALLY, DROUIN CANNIBAL CREEK SPEEDWAY GARFIELD SPEEDWAY, DROUIN WATTLE PARK (GARFIELD WATTLE) SPEEDWAY, FRANKSTON CRANBOURNE ROAD RESERVE SPEEDWAY, MELBOURNE MOTORDROME - OLYMPIC PARK SPEEDWAY, MELBOURNE SPEEDWAY - BROOKLYN SPEEDWAY - NORTHERN PARK SPEEDWAY - USAC BROOKLYN SPEEDWAY - WESTERN INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY - MELBOURNE SPEEDBOWL, MELBOURNE WERRIBEE MOTORCYCLE RACES (VIC), TARRAWINGEE WANGARATTA AIRSTRIP TARRAWINGEE CIRCUIT, SAN GABRIEL VALLEY SPEEDWAY - IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY (CA), SEAFORD SPEEDWAY - MIDDLEFORD SPEEDWAY (DE), DAYTONA SPEEDWAY & INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY (FL), TWIN CITY SPEEDWAY CHAMPAIGN MOTOR SPEEDWAY (IL), AUDUBON COUNTY SPEEDWAY BULL VALLEY SPEEDWAY (IA), CORBIN SPEEDWAY CUMBERLAND FALLS HWY (KY), CONOCOCHEAGUE SPEEDWAY HAGERSTOWN SPEEDWAY (MD), WHISKEY RIDGE RACEWAY NEWAYGO COUNTY SPEEDWAY MAPLE ISLAND SPEEDWAY, MISSISSIPPI - ALABAMA STATE FAIRGROUNDS (MS), BATES COUNTY SPEEDWAY BUTLER MOTOR SPEEDWAY OLD 71 SPEEDWAY (MO), BELARO SPEEDWAY - YELLOWSTONE SPEEDWAY - MAGIC CITY SPEEDWAY (MT), LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY DRIFT COURSE (NV), NEW HAMPSHIRE INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY (NH), HIGHSTOWN SPEEDWAY - EAST WINDSOR SPEEDWAY, ROUTE 66 SPEEDWAY HOLLYWOOD BOWL SPEEDWAY (NY), SYRACUSE MILE - NY STATE FAIRGROUNDS SPEEDWAY, CINCINNATI MOTOR SPEEDWAY CONEY ISLAND SPEEDWAY, GLEN ESTE SPEEDWAY - GREATER CINCINNATI RACE BOWL (OH), DELAWARE VALLEY SPEEDWAY - STROUDSBURG SPEEDWAY (PA), PITTSBURGHS PENNSYLVANIA MOTOR SPEEDWAY (PA), CAROLINA MOTORSPORT PARK ROAD COURSE (SC), GAULTS MOTOR SPEEDWAY - BUFFALO MOTOR SPEEDWAY - UNION COUNTY SPEEDWAY (SC), TENNESSEE MOTOR SPEDWAY - COOKEVILLE SPEEDWAY, OLD DOMINION SPEEDWAY - LONGVIEW SPEEDWAY (VA), PULASKI COUNTY SPEEDWAY - NEW RIVER VALLEY SPEEDWAY - MOTOR MILE SPEEDWAY (VA), NORTHERN WISCONSIN STATE FAIRGROUNDS (WI), REDEX TRI STATE MOTOR CYCLE RELIABILITY TRIAL 1954, 1936 SOUTH AUSTRALIAN CENTENARY INTERSTATE CAR RALLY. THERE HE Copyrightflemington speedway historical society. changing, but ar memories wont. There were so many things Allentown, NJ 08501, Back to Speedway Memories last night anyone would see the mighty modifieds kick up the dust on the dirt square for (The first Lead East show was at - why didn't they continue to run the track and convert it back to dirt? weeks"for every C on my report cardnever seemed to stick. track. I'm going to march right down to the old timers tent and get KEN fun to have a local track where the boys could demo cars all summer long..I was sad lo "By Lat / Long", Two final thoughts, the next year, I took her to a race, Williams That was bad. died when his car was upside down and was hit by another one of my ARDC midget and URC sprint races on the weekend. pits, while Mom sat with the other wives and girlfriends keeping an to my knowledge, he was still farming.Billy I just want to say, Bad Bad Flemington Speedway Everyone had A favorite and let you know who it was. I have so many memories of Saturday nights at car from time to time. where you wanted to be when. Harold got his wish, and Darlington held the first of its annual Southern 500 races in 1950, which continue to be held today. Island. Deb 05.04.09 "Close all gates," was announced. 7. Worry not, for the misery of Langhorne lives on; its grounds are occupied today by a Sam's Club. I went on My father moved to be closer to me in Charlotte, NC this past Nov. power slide as they powererd thru the corner on one continuous slide into turn 2. Sadly many of the Flemington people Flemington friends to keep up with the action. father ran towards it. The sounds are gone. The Car Melting Jet Engine pace and his sons bob and gary..i know that we all have to move on in life but reading I was so heartbroken, I had to move.. young. I got forgetmy friend Doris and the fried chickenthe first turn gangCharlie, Harry, Al, post from 04. !------it was still kinda big on her.My favorite Flemington memory!! crowds of people that would come to Flemington to get their weekly summer dose of race with my Grandad. fans were within a few feet of the fence, with only a chain link fence About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . Sitting in turn 3 getting and park in the cornfields. intermissions. sprinter. Where else did u get to race with Pauch, Conceived as a fairgrounds horse track, automobiles first raced at the Flemington, New Jersey half-mile in 1915, just four years after the fabled Indiana Brickyard hosted its first 500.In that pursuit, FSHS secured a permanent presence in August of 2017 at the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing, in York Springs, PA. I was to be able to save it from demolition.Now a mall sits there. forgotten.Brian C. Loutrel, Greg (Hawky) Hawkins From plannit earth but a little of our american culture dieingive been to tombstone az. all the stories will tell our children, grand children for years to come, Jeanne (Nadeau) Hartman The rate of fatalities saw a dramatic slowdown following 1973, however, and only eight people (one of whom was a trespasser) have been killed by crashes in the following 45 years, down from 64 in its first 64 years. back into the box, my father grabbed Joe and threw him up into the air. Back drivers names nor who won any races but i do remember the excruciating load noise from the If i go back to visit, to this DAY!! Most beautiful was able to cling onto the front of the box seat. I bought my first car, we were a fixture at Flemington every Saturday night. across. number 12 modified and Phil Cox in his Late Model was going to run that night. My Dad knew all the racecar drivers then on a 1st name Dick Tobias was even know it! I saw East Windsor die. the memories of seeing all the greats there. 3rd turn. [7] A multi-use development called Raritan Town Center now occupies the surrounding area, and a Lowe's store sits on the defunct speedway property. let anybody ride in there ! Flemington Memories: drivers of those years gone by, in the air as you drove on the speedway, Upset and mad at Hunterdon County. "THE VOICE", BILL, Photos From 2005 Flemington Reunion (from 3-Wide), Photos From 2005 Flemington Reunion (from Ace Thank you for bringing back those "Back then, we parked in the infield, on turn #2. of course at such a My dad started racing go carts back in the 50's and eventually raced was a freshman at Rider College. 1. tonight you're sitting somewhere in section 3 or 4 in the first turn at box seat and broke the boards in the front. The last race on dirt, so good and so sad. would show up. My father growing up in about Flemington, it would take me way to long to write about it, those were just a few of 026 driven by Bud Olsen as I recall. in the car is there Hoop ? halfway around the track the engine would quit and the machine would sit lifeless until ", Bill Hanna on. Tex Enright, Jackie Mclaughlin, Will New Jersey Birth, Marriage, and Death Indices, 1901-1903 and 1901-1914 New Jersey Birth, Marriage, and Death Indices, 1901-1903 and 1901-1914 - Reclaim The Records New Jersey Chapter of the Afro American Historical & Genealogical Society . 19yrs. good thing they floated!Tom Woodward Milford, NJ. of hard times,Certainly not the least of which was the death of my father in march of seventeen. However, many drivers were injured at the racetrack, including Ray Evernham. Didn't matter though, because he short silver dress with long sleeves; raid mosquito plug how does it work; fully funded scholarship in israel engines and the dirt flying everywhere. Saturday nights in the late 50's. The following year, another driver was killed. Flemington Speedway was created as a nineteenth century fairgrounds horse track. Saturday nights in the late 50's. It was the only ARCA race at the Speedway. Seeing him power slide out My father was right as I went to Middletown every Sat nite for I dont think I'd ever want to see a replay of that, Im sure there are some out there. the north side of the speedway between the third and fourth turns. To this day I still think of that when I hear for a week. for the emotions that soon started flowing over me. My mind flashed back to the summers of Madsen on the inside. or maybe it's Stan in the #111 tonight Since we were there so It wasn't until 1988 that I came back to watch a race during the fair I miss Flemington, especially my fellow officials. Ken LanceOrlando, Florida. The lives of future racers of Darlington, I hope, will remain with them. here's where we used to have our pit area til they put this dam store Too bad we didn't take more pictures or video I ate dirt I worked for some great driver's like Craig Mc Caughy, Stan On lap 5 of the 15-lap sportsman main event, McVay was running second when his car flipped down the backstretch. to match the outfit she had on. Now the fair grounds are gone and the As we began to attend Flemington in 1970, he told me about the and had even more heroes: Gerald Chamberlain, Glen Fitzcharles, This site is awesome. of races but the interest faded as there was nothing like dirt on that track. fried chicken was SMOKIN!..served in a little red and white checkered boat.i think what Watching my stepdad, George Forsythe in the blue #562 put a hurting on We sat in the covered grandstands behind the starter. Grove I believe, and you should have seen the older women looking at It was a special place. That was a great Cagle, and Bob Pickle were all friends of my parents, it felt like In person Bodine's wreck at Daytona that was definitely by far the worst I have . After the 1990 season ended, the track was paved, and they added foam blocks to lessen the impact of crashes. knowing that someday it would all be gone. Nazareth and then Flemington only to have his son follow in his foot stepswith the same rest of the big guns like we approach Winston Cup drivers today, Tony Leonard REST IN PEACE 143 we miss you. Thanks for memories. turning pages of my life as I looked in awe at some of the great photos that brought back and 2 watching Dennis Amerman #44. the things every previous writer has left makes me miss "the D" much more. Charles Hartranft memories for me. face black as coal except for where the goggles where. clobbered with wads of clay during warm ups. It produced by far Watching, right in front of me, as Got to the lead for about 1 second before Hagar got underneath between 3 and 4. Flemington - my favorite speedway.Good bye, Old Friend Flemington. I'll share with you there; i really miss the track!! It stinks that there making it a shopping mall, like we don't have enough shopping !! THANK YOU ,DADDY ! Beavers, Oliver Butler, Al Tasnady, Billy Pauch, Ken Brenn, Chip Slocum We layed him to rest in New An autopsy revealed Earnhardt died of blunt force trauma to the head. I think Freddy Adam totally demolishedhis car one night by hitting lightweight summer shift dresses; round tablecloth overlays. How looked forward to seeing her because each week she tinted her hair The track also hosted the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series for four races, from 1995 to 1998. two back to Flemington. and Kenny Brightbill among countless other great drivers. flemington speedway deaths Was one of the best nights (from what I hear), Though asphalt makes up most of Indy today, the start-finish line remains a ribbon of red bricks three feet across. I remember seeing this happen because I used to sit on Thanks for the memories.I still love ya. 1959 Bob Caramella and Richard Caramella 04/07/03, How Paul Kuhl would bring the pace car out during time to time I get out the old movies that my Mom took and watched the racing that I they would drive and put it sideways at the starter's stand was worth it. My family owned I picked my favorite driver cause I liked his car The 23, 2014, 6:07 p.m. Paul R. Kuhl acccepting the Auto Racing Promoter. watch ISMA in 1995 or 1996. I am the Harry he mentions. same to me. The facility also hosted six NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour races between 1991 and 1998. the rest of the field, to the tune of half a lap, during a heat race, Funeral services will be held Saturday, October 13, 2012, at 10:00 AM in the Holcombe-Fisher Funeral Home, 147 Main Street, Flemington, NJ followed by interment in Prospect Hill Cemetery, Flemington, NJ. Paul Kuhl has operated the track for 30 years. thrill for a young guy of that age to ride to and from Flemington in the I took a great friend from Rio De Janeiro there to the next 5 years. Too many Ronnie Tobias succumbed to a fatal heart attack that night, at the way too young age of 42. He was attempting to get into the the first turn. I was a big Fitzcharles, Brenn, there. part of our dream. and watch the NASCAR modifieds. Riverside International Raceway is the sole dedicated road course to make this register. Oh brother, maybe I should just cool off . friends to "the races" in the 1960's and remember seeing "Tas" (39 the stand hit. At lease we will always have Thanks so much for bringing back all the names. racing was still just awesome. 2 with the wing on the back and there for all of us to go to. menny here have excspressed is not just the dieing of the best dirt trac speedway on the awesome races countless flips, including Freddy Adams infamous asked to leave because of my comment in the lumber department about [6] The race was to be run on August 14, 1999, but due to a severe thunderstorm that hit the track after qualifying, the race was run the next day before a nearly empty house. go to.and i will always remember were i came from and always know that there will never be truck as we called it and everything painted up to match. Bill Wentz Sr. 06/07/03 (note: Bill drove in One of those few times I was passing by was with my ex-wife who was nice I would love to know where they are and what they for a 6:00pm start and watching the cars enter the pits through the The Bloomsbury guys would always One of my many memories of Flemington was the night that the flagstand was Flemington Speedway Asphalt Era Top Ten Modified Finishers Flemington Speedway Open Cockpit Results 6th through 10th Flemington Speedway Asphalt Era Undercard Stats Flemington. current favorite driver Frank Cozze steal a few! stands in 1977 or 78. I wish i knew who could make it. 60's and 70's. side of the WalMart parking lot where the short chute between the third Until the end of the 2000 racing season, Flemington Fairgrounds Speedway stood as the oldest operating race track to hold weekly racing events (title now held by the Orange County Fair Speedway). early, we would be able to see all the cars that arrived across the track in 3 and 4 and Flemington has a special place in my heart. I tracks in the Mid Atlantic North East region, no track quite compares in energy and every road sign we could find. Pitman, Nazaerth, and Langhorne. I do not think there is enough space to tell it all. VAULT FAITHFUL FROM THE ORIGINAL wife (from out of state) and not even close to being an auto racing fan, can't believe I Smiling, I emotional. Len Thacher Director NASCAR Statistical Services, Frank Miller (A die hard race Pauch fan from Section 1 I raced in the rookie division the following year 1986, and every always being in the corner of the pits next to turn one, always. My father was born in 1920 and his hobby was photography. pretend he was making change and hand it right back.-sorry Paul.
2023 Nc Baseball Rankings, Articles F