It cannot be overstated the popularity of Rusev Day at their peak, and WWEs mishandling of their momentum was just another example of the companydropping the ball.. When he made me care about them for about an hour, I thought this is what people like me want to hear. Just like "All In" sold out 10,000 seats in 29 minutes, Starrcast sold out, too. My daughter is a huge wrestling fan now. The two men discussed Charlotte's WWE absence with Ric saying she was talking to WWE, but he didn't know more. I do enjoy the product, but I feel like I'm in a place in my life where I just don't enjoy it the way I might have as a kid. You're a big Alabama football fan, correct? I do think I'm kind of in too deep now. Lee would leave the WWF in the summer of 1998. They rented me the WrestleMania IV two-tape set. A large part of that success goes to Conrad who, on top of his regular day job of running a mortgage business, manages to spend easily at least 10+ extra hours a week doing research, watching event topics, and then recording the actual podcast. Everything About Her, Who Is Jaimy Jackson? Moreover, they also made posts on their social media handles announcing the beautiful day. I've got to imagine he's got to be a little stir-crazy and is excited to be back around the guys and doing wrestling and performing.". He had met The Nature Boy years ago when he was collecting Ric's beautiful Olivia Walker robes. We try to give the audience what they want. Ottman is married to Codys mothers sister, making Fred the uncle of Cody and the brother-in-law of the late Dusty Rhodes. It ended when Thompson (sitting ringside) threw some brass knuckles to Andrade, who gave them to Flair. My beautiful daughter. Although her birth name is Ashley Elizabeth Fliehr, she is a succesful wrestler and has won eight times WWE Womens Champion. Megans fathers fourth marriage was with Jacqueline Beems. Thompson also promotesStarrcast an all-things-wrestling convention featuring personalities who do interviews, meet-and-greets, and merchandise-selling. He got married to Megan Fliehr, who is the daughter of famous former professional wrestler and manager Ric Fliehr. As a multi-time world champion in the NWA, WCW, and WWF, the Nature Boy is generally regarded as one of if not the greatest wrestler of all time. Ric Flair is the professional wrestling manager and former pro-wrestler of all time. He was also a wrestler like his father. My first WWF show was right here in Huntsville. She is married to her husband Conrad Thompson. The shows truly appeal to any wrestling fan, and some of these stories even bring in non-wrestling fans. Leading up to Ric Flair's Last Match it was clear that the event on the whole and the spotlighted match were all about family.After all, the event was promoted by one of Flair's son-in-laws, The Podfather Conrad Thompson, and another son-in-law, Andrade El Idolo was announced as The Nature Boy's tag team partner. I'm always catching them, just sometimes from my den as opposed to my seat-back. I think it was just the larger than life presentation. I was living in Prattville at the time. "Now my daughter, she watches wrestling now like I did as a kid, and she loves it." . Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. Conrad married Jean Kuepper on June 12th, 1971, and they shared 51 years together. Tugboat converted his wave adventures for natural phenomenons when he became Typhoon. For some, it even led to punishment backstage. [Photo: TheSportster.com]A mass collector of wrestling memorabilia, Conrad is now one of the biggest names in the wrestling podcast world. Conrad Thompson to marry Ric Flair's daughter, Paige comments on neck injury, Dixie Carter comments on EC3 Angel Aramboles Jan 16, 2018 tumblr We would like to congratulate Conrad. with former World Championship Wrestling announcer Tony Schiavone in January 2017, about as equally beloved by fans. He eventually met Megan Fliehr, his eldest daughter. Instead, she opened the show by singing America The Beautiful.. She has appeared in numerous TV series, and documentaries as well. We'll have a final bracket in our hands by the end of the night. In case you are unaware, Megan Fliehr has a biological brother David Flair, born David Richard Fliehr. I hope other podcasts participate in a similar fashion. During this time, Awesome received a rare pinfall victory over Hogan in a No DQ match on Nitro amidst the New Blood vs. Millionaires Club storyline. Although Kendall had a short stay as a member of WCWs Texas Rednecks stable Barry is the much more known son. Ric Flair is the father of four children born from his first and second wives. At the time Flair didnt know what a podcast really was, so he turned to his friend for some guidance. A post shared by Conrad Thompson (@heyheyitsconradthompson) on Feb 14, 2019 at 6:15am PST. He shared a picture of his stepdaughter, carrying a dog on his Instagram. Jerry Lawler with his son, the late Grandmaster Sexay Brian Christopher. How Alabama's Conrad Thompson created one of the world's biggest wrestling podcasts. Megan Has a Daughter From Her Previous Relationship. Ray would make his WWE television debut 23 years after his father debuted in the then-WWF in 1984 as a member of the Fabulous Freebirds. Eddie and Vickies daughter Shaul had a short run in WWE under the name Raquel Diaz on NXT from 2012-2014. While her parents are no more together, she shares a great relationship with both her dad and mom. Thompson, Marilyn (nee Mitchell) Peacefully, in hospital, Smiths Falls on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 Marilyn Dorothy Thompson at the age of 80. Makes me sick. Daughter of the late Arthur and Margaret (nee Arp). I loved it. He often shares photos of his stepdaughter on his social media posts. He missed his only two shots from the field -- a pair of three-pointers, one in the first half and the other As a result of a dreadfully windy day in Lexington on Friday, the Kentucky/Indiana State series opener was postponed and flexed into a beautiful Saturday doubleheader. The realization that so much of it that we do as being a big deal is really not that big a deal. Fans might remember, for better or worse, the Undertaker vs. Undertaker main-event match at SummerSlam 1994. So I went to several WCW TV tapings. According to Bruce Prichard on his podcast Something to Wrestle, the original plan was for the behemoth to actually become Sheik Tugboat, an Iraqi sympathizer set to challenge Hogan at WrestleMania for the world title. This led him to Memphis belt maker Dave Millican. CBS was into it. Inside Details on Jermaine Jacksons son, Who Is Dylan Lane? In stark contrast, Undertaker main-evented SummerSlam that year in the top-drawing SummerSlam event in company history. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. But yeah, it definitely has affected it in terms of attending games, but probably not as far as my enjoyment. Following the success of the Prichard podcast, Thompson would also launch "What Happened When?" My beautiful daughter. Megan was born to parents Ric and Leslie Goodman in the 1970s, but her birthdate and year have not revealed to the public yet. Similarly, Megans half-sister Charlotte is also a successful American professional wrestler, author, and actress. She was born on May 9, 2004, and is already in her teenage years. Still the longest-reigning WWE Intercontinental Champion of all time at 454 days, HTM is memorable for incorporating the city of Memphis in his gimmick, doing it differently from his cousin. Conrad Thompson's Podcast Credits & Interviews | Podchaser Conrad has gone from wrestling fan to king of the wrestling podcast hill, and it has certainly been an interesting path. Provided by Conrad Thompson. All In - How Conrad Thompson a mortgage guy from Alabama became the Morgan is the first grandchild of Ric Flair. I'm doing that after hours in my free time after work, on the weekends and at night. I had the opportunity to meet the Nature Boy. Its interesting to see how the behind the scenes operation works with bookers, agents, and the creative team. Ric Flair's daughter engaged to wrestling commentator - New York Post It's a new four walls. Who Is Her Husband? With Greg The Hammer Valentine debuting in the WWF in 1984, he became a mainstay of the company for many years. Was Brian talking about Conrad Thompson in the John Arezzi show Class of '99 was a great year. Yeah I had a great time. How Conrad Thompson became the "Podfather" of wrestling - YouTube Podcasting [ edit] Beginnings [ edit] But I am just because I did.". Chasing those Fish & Chips @andradealmas #media housewarming celebration for @btsportwwe , A post shared by Charlotte Flair (@charlottewwe) on Jan 15, 2020 at 3:01am PST. The relationship with Millican eventually led to an introduction to Jim Cornette, then to former Flair sidekick JJ Dillon, and so on until he was introduced to Flair right around the time Flairs son, Reid, passed away in 2013. Parents put me in it in kindergarten. Knowing Ric, I know Ric wants to be there. Ric Flair and Conrad Thompson. So I've got about 12 hours of research. Dad, Caption: Ric Flair wished a warm birthday to his daughter Megan. He reportedly died of a drug overdose. Bruce and Conrad had been watching episodes of Halt and Catch Fire AT Conrads home when the internet was acting wonky and then I hit refresh and the number (of downloads) came up I said hey you (Bruce) need to check this on your phone They both looked at the downloads for that episode, then looked at each other, and it was then that they realized that this was a thing. "It's a different experience but it's not his house in Atlanta. I was a big fan of GI Joe and He-Man. with Tony Schiavone, both of which you can find on the MLW Radio Network and iTunes. Well, it seems like Megan and Cornard Thompson are planning to expand their family, but not very soon. I was enamored with wrestling. That was aimed at kids my age. Im not in the business. The first big event was "Saturday Night's Main Event." I don't have any sort of illusions of trying to be a professional wrestler. He worked in construction as a dry wall finisher for 40-50 years until retiring in 2007. So I do wind up watching "Raw" and "SmackDown," mostly for her. So we just kept it going. Happy Birthday Megan! Thompson said he went from hoping to put together some . Eventually he realized that's what makes the show good and why people listen. It can't be a home run every time. Ric Flair proudly announces daughter's engagement. No, it's not It marked the first card promoted under the JCP banner since 1988. It's never been something I thought you could make any money doing. He is a former professional wrestler, who made his debut as a wrestler back on January 17, 1999. You never really talk about the current product on your podcast. However, Freds legacy was never truly cemented until his debut in WCW as TheShockmaster. Between the mortgage deal being my full-time gig -- and that's a job and a half in itself -- and then the research and the recording and the promotional aspect of the podcasts, it pretty much dominates. (Apparently, it's not . Miranda Gordy is the current torchbearer of the Gordy family name in wrestling. 795 episodes totalling 1963 hours, 36 minutes. Conrad Thompson has ruined every wrestling podcast he's a part - reddit A tough grappler in his own right, Mulligan managed to survive a stabbing by a crazy fan that needed around 100 stitches to sew his back shut. "Well, I mean, the only major difference with the podcasts are we can't do live shows anymore and we had a lot of fun piggybacking big PPV events and going to some random town across the country and having a fun weekend there and getting to hang out with some of the listeners for the show. By 1990, the belt was deactivated and not brought back for nearly four years. "They say there's never a great time to have children, you know, it just happens. He is a financial con and he fits right in with wrestling carnies and cons. As much fun as Conrad is having though, he knows that at some point the ride will likely come to an end. I would like to say were gonna keep doing our thing forever, but all good things must come to an end. Christopher would later become Grandmaster Sexay and get fans on their feet as part of the team Too Cool alongside Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty. I could barely see out of the eye holes, but now I was totally blind! YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. Today is a very tough day for my family and me. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). I was standing 5 or 6 inches from it as I hit it as hard as I could. He can be reached by e-mail at GriffinKaye1@hotmail.com, on Twitter @GriffinKaye1, as well as on Instagram at @TheGriffinKaye and @WrestlingInTheYears. Following the year, the retired wrestler walked down the aisle with fourth wife, Jacqueline Beems, aka Jackie in Charlotte, North Carolina. But Flairs eldest child Megan doesnt follow her father. Watching these action figures come to life settle their differences in a wrestling ring is the closest he thinks he'll ever come to any first-hand encounters with industry titans like Ultimate Warrior or Andre the Giant. I remember that like it happened yesterday. Mick Foley launching wrestling podcast with Conrad Thompson Watch with friends or family? Beautiful inside and out, a great mother and wife !! He then knocked out Jarrett and secured the pinfall while administering one final figure-four leglock. Not only is Conrad Thompson a podcast host, but he's also married to Ric Flair's daughter Megan which makes him Charlotte's brother-in-law. Conrad Thompson is indeed a Flair by marriage. https://bit.ly/34n31BVSubscribe to my podcast INSIGHT with Chris Van Vliet here: https://link.chtbl.com/chrisvanvlietGet awesome CVV t-shirts \u0026 merch: https://teespring.com/stores/chris-van-vlietEmail me: cvv@chrisvanvliet.comFollow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/ChrisVanVlietLike me on Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChrisVanVlietFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChrisVanVliet#Podcast #ConradThompson #ChrisVanVliet #Wrestling #WWE Cornard us a mortgage broker as well as a professional wrestling podcast host. I realized this is what a podcast should be. But it's feeling more and more like that's a next year idea.". Anyways lets Hope the couple celebrates this valentine like they have never before and exchange the love and promises to each other. Even though her father, brother, and sister are all . The Divas division becoming the Women's division and the whole women's revolution really got her attention. Order them at home? The clearest example of this is during Episode 50: Austin Walks Out when he challenges Bruces argument about using Scott Hall, who at the time was battling issues with alchol, in a segment where beer is poured on him. She made her debut as an actress back in 2000, when she appeared in a TV program named WCW Monday Nitro. I had to bust through it. More than 3 million a month would suggest they do, and you can bet the shows will influence the future of the medium, if they set out to put in the requisite work Thompson does every week. Debuting under unfortunate circumstances, Ottman infamously tripped after breaking through a wall, causing his Startrooper-esque helmet to fall off and the other wrestlers on set to break character. This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. No Cason Wallace, no Sahvir With today's win over Arkansas, Kentucky is locked into the No. It humanizes it a bit more. Conrad Thompson age, height, net worth 2023, wife, girlfriend, kids In 2018, Conrad Thompsom married Ric's non-wrestling daughter Megan Fliehr. He once shot himself in the leg, proceeded to dig the bullet out with a pocket knife, and still wrestled that very night! The initial response to Something to Wrestle was positive and continued to gain more downloads each week. What did your parents think of wrestling? Sometimes that proves difficult. Having anchored the WWFs womens division for decades, the notorious Fabulous Moolahs absence heavily impacted the female rosters state. And sometimes I feel like Bruce is answering a deposition as opposed to having a conversation. How do you balance that fandom with pro wrestling? with Tony Schiavone. In fact, back on January 6, 2015, her father even made a beautiful post on his Instagram wishing her a birthday. 3 seed at the SEC Tournament. As part of the Natural Disasters tag team, Typhoon and Earthquake won the world tag titles once, winning the straps from Money Inc. (Ted Dibiase and Irwin R. Schyster) at a house show. He married for the second time to his wife Elizabeth Harrell, with whom he had the longest relationship. The idea didnt stop at just mortgages and t-shirts though. I enjoy it being my part-time hobby, but I don't know that I would want it to be a full-time living to try to promote or be a performer. It was through his day job that he first got into radio. Conrad Thompson On Chris Jericho Missing Starrcast Panel, Roast Of Ric Hes a predatory lending pretentious moneygrubbing twat but hes pretty funny some of the time. I'll never forget that. He is a successful American mortgage broker and professional wrestling podcaster. [Photo: SportingNews.com]Besides his own huge success across the wrestling industry, Flairs family has also had their successes in the sport. A sports radio host invited Conrad to do a live call-in advertisement for the business. She was born on May 9, 2004, and is already in her teenage years. Winning around 150 championships throughout his career, his King moniker has served him for nearly his entire wrestling career. So if you're not really digging everything in the product, it's because it's just not for you. [Photo: TMZ]Jerry Lawlers real-life son Brian Christopher Lawler joined the WWF in 1997 as a part of the Light Heavyweight Division. For about four years Conrad was disconnected from the wrestling world until the fall of 1996 when he came across an image that caused him to stop his channel surfing. Her father Ric and her step-sister Charlotte also attended the wedding. I never considered that. 30 Wrestlers You May Not Know Were Related! - Pro Wrestling Stories Firstly, we start with Blackjack Mulligan a 300+ pound, 68 hoss. Ric Flairs last match took place Sunday at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium, and the Nature Boy went out on top with some help from his family. She has a daughter namedMorgan lee Ketzner,born in 2004, from her previous marriage to Robert Ketzner. Furthermore, she appeared in WWEs Most Wanted Treasures in 2021. You look at all the stuff that Trish and certainly Torrie have done in the fitness world. Around Robins title reign in the WWF, her brother Jake Roberts turned on-air from a cold and callous killer to a more sympathetic and justice-fighting warrior, feuding with Rick Rude, Andr The Giant, and the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase. How do you think your wrestling fandom defines you as a southerner or even more specifically an Alabamian? Occasionally when I'm overwhelmed with real life world or when I have to travel, I will call in for some backup research help. I do watch. Brian Lee would find success in ECW and SMW under the guise of Prime Time Brian Lee. Both Jerry The King Lawler and the Honky Tonk Man are synonymous with Memphis. Fans who order t-shirts from Bruces site get a thank you phone call from Bruce. So I'm a little more selective now with what games I go to. October 13, 2018, in an Intimate Wedding ceremony. On 14 February, he posted a photo of their wedding on which Megan wore a white gorgeous wedding gown whereas, Thompson wore a black suit. Former US Express member Mike Rotunda, who would later play the role of the tax-demanding Irwin R. Schyster (IRS), is married to Barrys sister, making them brothers-in-law. Ugh. I'm putting together a format of sorts that's going to be 35-40 pages long of detail, and how I want to go, what all I want to cover, and that takes significant time. On Tuesday, the wrestling legend announced daughter Megan Fliehr is engaged to his pal and wrestling commentator, Conrad Thompson. They would hold the titles for nearly three months. Conrad Thompson Addresses Possibility Of Vince McMahon-Hosted Podcast We were friendly, and he knew I'd done a little bit of live radio just to promote my mortgage company. Bruce was there for both and Tony was there for the buyout. The 73-year-old Flair headlined the event in what was billed as the final match of his 50-year career, teaming with son-in-law Andrade El Idolo to defeat Jay Lethal and Jeff Jarrett. Whilst Lawler and Brian Christopher were occasionally referenced as being related on commentary, the Honky Tonk Man and Jerry curiously were not. Im so proud and love you so much . What many may not realize, though, is that the pair are actually cousins. He got married to Megan Fliehr, who is the daughter of famous former professional wrestler and manager Ric Fliehr. Born in Guntersville, Thompson still owns and runs 1st Family Mortgage in Huntsville, Thompson hosts the shows that have since. Both of his shows have spawned live events which happen in cities with scheduled WWE events (hey WWE, book a pay-per-view in Louisville so these guys will come). Conrad is not the only man Megan has dated. Like many wrestling fans, Conrad eventually started to lose interest. Conrad is a money mark. Some have not been quick to embrace the curtain being pulled back. if you're going to be off the road and you're going to be away while things are weird and there's a lot of uncertainty in the air and you're not touring and you're not working in front of crowds and everything's just different for lack of a better word ? That was the first thing I saw, and I fell in love. Brenda married her husband Roger just after high School and they were happily married for 54 years. The secretary peeled off pieces of her pantyhose, made them into patches, and glued them over the eye holes. "So, I would think that maybe she's got time once she decides to hang up the boots to do all that.". Conrads podcast empire includes podcasts with Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Kurt Angle, Eric Bischoff, Tony Schiavone, Jim Ross, and Jeff Jarrett. Do you ever get genuinely frustrated with Bruce, or is it just heightened for the sake of the podcast? When you're a little kid, you went to get to the aisle and touch the wrestlers as they walk out. You saw the trials and tribulations that happened with TNA. Even Vince McMahons sports entertainment empire wanted in on the action in 2020, signing a deal to create Something Else to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard for the WWE Network. Brenda Acree Shorey Obituary - Tribute Archive Brian Last doesnt have a big network and probably wont grow it much bigger, however he isnt out here fucking over people with money issues and shilling for money. I might if I was 10 years older. Ric Flairs oldest child, David Flair, is a former United States and tag team titleholder in the latter-day WCW. Beautiful inside and out, a great mother and wife !! Wow, so it sounds like you had parents who supported this habit. Breaking news. Shaul Guerrero is no longer wrestling, and Aiden is taking a break from the ring to pursue other interests now sharing his stories of the ring and love of whiskey on his YouTube channel Wrestling With Whiskey.
Jaylin Williams Family, Articles C