It brings old school to the new school and shoots like a dream. Custom Mossberg 500 at the Range and Live Turkey!. It is the .357 Remington Maximum. Or the new Marlin Dark series for a little more money. Its pleasant to shoot even with .357 mag. I was surprised I didnt see any comments about the Henry Big Boy X. I bought this in a .357 mag at BassPro for $800 and it has the side gate for loading. Most of our deer were harvested at 30-45 yards. A . One say I will probably add a .357 in a carbine for all around utility in the 100 yards or less range. SIG Sauer P365 Pistol Now Offered in .380, Casting Your Own Bullets for Lever-Action Rifles, The Staying Power of the .257 Roberts Cartridge, 10mm Firepower: Springfield XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact Pistol Review, 5 Best Long-Range Hunting Bullets Available Right Now, A World Record Attempt: Practice Round and Media Day, Interview with Israeli Defense Forces, Part 1. With a tuned lever action, you can unload 10 rounds in about 3 seconds: https://youtu.be/h1Wcy8HRQUo?list=TLPQMjcwNzIwMjC2VftOeStKpQ. Learn the difference between revolvers and semi-auto pistols and what makes them different. At least you should expect the kind of quality youd get from a Remington bolt gun in the price range. This is especially true if you plan to hunt or compete in silhouette competitions as lighter bullets don't maintain enough energy at longer ranges. As long as components are available, I can handload for it. As they are harder to find, I switched to PPU 158 JHP with little change for sighting in. This is a high-class place so act respectable. Both cartridges can be practical for hunting midsized, and some large game. If you hand-load long bullets that seat deeply in the case, you may need a longer expander plug to avoid crumpling the case. But stoke it up and hear that little dog bark like a big dog! It was too intense and very finicky. I cant go the range without people coming over to try it out. I just read how lever actions were among the first guns carried on single point slings. Remington and Ruger eventually . That is too bad. The .357 Magnum round is pushed to greater ballistic performance (add about another 600 fps and another 500 ft-lbs of energy, give or take) as well as a wealth of ammunition choices. CONDIT OUR STOCK NUMBER: 13212 CONDITION: NEW IN THE BOX MAKE/MODEL: ROSSI.R-92 ACTION: LEVER RIFLE CALIBER: .357 MAGNUM/.38 SPECIAL BARREL: 24", OCTAGON FINISH: DARK BRAZILIAN HARDWOO ***HARD TO FIND TACTICAL-LEVER .357*** Citadel Levtac-92 lever-action rifle in .357 Magnum. Of course, I dont carry it on a single point like the muh AR crowd does. Also have a Winchester 1886 in 45-90, I shoot 45-70 loads in it and had no issues. Threaded barrel. (Ive been running 7 grains for handgun loads.). I really do want a .357 levergunbut Im perfectly confident in my .30-30. H&R and Savage both chambered the .357 Maximum in single-shot rifles or combo guns. The little bastards will come and cuss you and drop nuts on you. The youngsters love shooting it with .38 spl. The Speer Hot Cor 180 soft point shoots lights out and velocities are over 2200 fps. ", Go toMatch Grade Machine or call them at 435 628 0071. Many Max shooters (myself included) find poor accuracy with magnum cases. . .357 Rem. The targets were heavy and had to be hit hard and in the right place. Caliber: .357 MAG/ .38 Special Capacity: 10+1 Barrel Length: 18 Barrel Type: Octagon Blued Steel Rate of Twist: 1:16 Overall Length: 35.5 Receiver Material: CaseHardened Steel Rear Sight: Buckhorn Front Sight: Blade Stock Material: Walnut Weight: 7.4 lbs. Ive been at the range many times when people in adjacent lanes started talking about trigger quality and, when I let them fire that old 19, the response is usually just, wow. https://www.rincolnia.com/images/Public/38SPL_SUPP.mp4. The .357 Maximum can be a potentially great cast bullet cartridge. I much prefer .30 caliber bullets in any of those platforms. The .357 Max will out perform the .350 Legend except in one area - rimless. 1,254 max in one manual . Its fine. Nosler, the world's finest bullets, ammunition, rifles, & brass. Then came panic buying of guns and ammo due to social unrest, and of course its a an election year. I still have a safe full of ARs, but thinking this Marlin is going to be seeing a lot more range time than they will. 357 max rifle load data | Graybeard Outdoors The more the merrier. Seems like whenever Ive had the funds, none have been available, and when Im broke, there everywhere. Shooter's Reference Load Data for .357 Maximum .357 Maximum - Published Manufacturer Loading Data Shellholders: Lee #1 Lyman #1 RCBS #6 Recipe Type: Pistol Bullet Weight: ALL 100 gr 110 gr 125 gr 140 gr 158 gr 165 gr 170 gr 180 gr 200 gr Powder: ALL Accurate 1680 Accurate 4100 Accurate 5744 Hodgdon CFE BLK Hodgdon H110 Hodgdon Lil'Gun Bottom line, if you get a Marlin lever gun that works and shoots good, and without a crossbolt safety, dont EVER sell it. Maximum average pressure (MAP) was set at 40,000 psi/48,000 CUP, substantially higher than the .357 Magnum. The winchester representative claimed 2300 fps with a 150gr bullet out of a 20 inch barrel. I have a H&R single shot .357 maximum. At least it can use use the same bullets as my Smiths. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?309518-Saddle-ring-carbines-How-do-you-use-the-ring. The 357 out-paces the 44-40 and 32-20 by a fair margin. I dont live in big bear country. Using bullets from Hornady XTP, Nosler JFP, LSWC, Sierra JHC, Nosler Part. And of course, such a gun would have to have a longer frame for the longer cylinder for the longer cartridge. Blame it on the Covid 19 pandemic. You have entered an incorrect email address! lever gun that I own and have ever shot, easy on the arms and has some versatility. Only because the ammo is cheaper. The evidently know a 22 rifle or shotgun by sight. .357 Remington Maximum Done Right by Mike Bellm, Mr. Max USA. At least try it with used reloading equipment, one or or two sets of dies. Whats different about the pre-lawyer ones? Expecting it back today via UPS, cant wait to put some rounds in it this week. .357 Magnum Rifles That Make Great Brush Guns - Wide Open Spaces by awp101 Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:25 pm, Post The Gun That Won The West. Primos Jelly Head Choke Tube Maximum Supertight Remington 20 Ga. Primos Jelly Head Choke Tube Maximum Supertight Remington 12 Ga. Primos Jelly Head Choke Tube Maximum Benelli-beretta 12 Ga. Uberti 1873 Cattleman NM Steel 7 1/2" .357 Mag with Retractable firing pin (356550), Taylor's & Co 1892 Alaskan Black Takedown 16" Lever Action 357 Mag - NIB, 200 Round Case Underwood Ammunition .38 Special 100gr. someguy2800, Jul 12, 2019 #7 Eagle 17 and Bfh_auto like this. Many people download it and get unburnt . The 40-70 Sharps straight can be formed from 405 Winchester cases. Show Only with Pictures The 8 grains of unique seem like fairly hot loads out of the rifle. . The long narrow case is not well suited to propellants much faster than the 2400-class propellants. All Types (1000+) The one that went directly back to gun store was likely 2018 or 2019 but was still new in box. Also, at higher velocities, the bullet is able to realize a flatter trajectory meaning longer shots are possible. How do the modern .357 loads compare to the first repeaters? . Go to the Contact page for shipping information: For Remington .357 Maximum brass and Thompson Center "G2" Contender .357 Magnum 12" barrels rechambered to .357 Rem. But I just couldnt ever wrap my brain around spending enough on a lever action to buy two or three semi-auto rifles. .357 Remington Maximum | Handloader Magazine Good item. 16.5" threaded barrel (1/2x28). Nothing slimmer or quicker to get into action. For me, a Max levergun would only be desirable if it would cycle Mags and possibly Specials as well. Just ask! 357 Maximum, Everything You Need to Know! MGM Barrels TC - YouTube 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. Got a lot of positive comments on it. Note: A complete article about the .357 Maximum can be found on the Handgun Cartridge . I have a MGM barrel 24" ProHunter Contour 1:14 twist which allows me to shoot 180 grain bullets and above extremely well. Optimize the potentials of the .357 MAGnum by long rethroating the factory chamber. Either will give hunting accuracy better than a big percentage of "varmint rifles! It was for long-range pistoleeringthe IHMSA challenge of accuracy and power at range. . 35Rem Maximum Rifle Loads | Long Range Hunting Forum No one else offers the wide range of options, steel picatinny rails, and barrel fluting that MGM does. Web the.357 maximum was an effort to give you.357 magnum muzzle velocity at 200 meters. This caliber in both the bottle neck and straight wall was a popular "high velocity" for it's day buffalo caliber. Winchester just introduced the 350 Legend for all the people who are stuck using straight walled cartridges. The fact is, .357 lever action rifles are proven game-getters, as they are well-suited to whitetail and hog hunting in thick timber at close (r) range, inside about 150 yards. Big improvement in smothness. Federal has created a safer, easier and more reliable way to shoot a muzzleloader. Brand: Winchester. I can probably name a couple dozen powders that will work in the .357. I always liked the cowboy combo concept of carbine/sidearm same caliber and own lever actions in .44 mag. 30-30 is always a good option. Most of the famous Hatfield-McCoy feud was fought with lever guns. If a Marlin 336 is a candidate for a successful rebarrel and chamber job in order to use 357 Maximum/Supermag cartridges. Shop 357 Magnum ammo online for hunting, self defense, and target practice. of rifles attached to horn or pommel and carried in a shuck of some sort. JavaScript is disabled. But the most painful thing is buying ammo for it. Chiefs Special, 6 Python and Henry in 357. I use regular .38 Special/.357 Magnum dies to load my .357 Maximum ammo. But I also have lever rifles in pistol calibers of 357 and 45 colt. Bare essentials. This is well within the expansion range of the slightly larger XTP. Winchester Model 1873. Thats relevance! The hammer and bolt still make contact with each other on the side of the hammer, not just where the bolt cocks the hammer. by bgmkithaca Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:18 pm, Post Lube is easily made from beeswax and chassis grease. Reloading the 357 MAXIMUM. Discuss. - Mississippi Gun Owners 1/ picking up brass at this range is not required, only the reloaders typically pick it up. I shoot 38 short. and ring 4 inch plates every time. The advantage I see to 357 max is you use 357 mag carbide reloading dies so it is easier to reload and no trimming. Brand: Winchester Firearms. That is fast. by Tycer Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm, Post Just wish the all-weather version didnt have the silly loop lever. Similar to the Critter You Are Hunting Effect. It's my personal opinion that the flame cutting on the revolvers chambered in this cartridge gave it a bad rep. 357 Remington Maximum Load Data Through my industry connections, I heard plenty of finger-pointing about metallurgy and propellant choices, but the ultimate outcome was that the revolver market for this cartridge simply dried up. I was favorably impressed with the .357 Max and the spectrum of .357 bullets that would optimize its versatility. Apples should be in pie. All You Need to Know About the .357 Remington Maximum It shoots factory PMC 158 gr soft points into a half inch at 50 yards. Now Rechambering Henry Single Shot .357 Magnum Rifles! Please try a new zip code and search again. T/Cs Contender pistol was also a natural for this cartridge, and it was a popular chambering. And one 1886 Winchester 45-70 takedown model, ( rare). Both are top performers. Ha! 350 Legend vs .357 Magnum, which is more powerful? - Gun Tradition Last one he had and probably will get for some time. Turns out that my relatively new Ford pickup has plenty of room for a lever gun too. Itll still all fit in a small tackle box. Goes to show I learn something new every day. It can shoot 38 special 357 magnum and 357 maximum. 2023 The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. HINT: Academy has Henry Steel Big Boys in stock today, July 29th, for $730. Proof-fired it and it stood up. Joseph VonBenedikt is with Joel Hodgdon to talk about the improved accuracy and long-range potential of the already reliable Core-Lokt ammo line. The .357 Remington Maximum was conceived primarily as an ultra-velocity, flat-trajectory silhouette cartridge. Having fired several different types and CARRIED them in the Military, I much prefer the simple and traditional bolt-actions, levers and semi-autos that American hunters have carried for generations. I saw your reference to benighted states and then AR, AK. It worked well in T/C barrels with bullets over 158 grains, and as near-max loads are usually compressed, it eliminated propellant position issues. Because of this, many hunters are realizing the potential of the cartridge for hunting medium to large game. .357 Mag ammo from brands like Hornady, Federal, and CCI. There were two major complaints with the Max, both having to do with powder gas erosion. In Stock. Smooth as butter. Rimmed cases don't play well with stacked magazines like in the 700 Remington. 357 Maximum Rifle, 225gr SBT | Long Range Hunting Forum .357 Maximum Rifle for cast bullet shooting Joseph Von Benedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it. Even if production revolvers missed the test barrel velocities by 200 fps, they produced enough muzzle velocity to achieve good terminal performance from softpoints giving better penetration. by groschen1936 Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:30 am, Post It is also more effective when used with a long gun, where it is legal to hunt with rifles. It too feeds with no problems but is more work to make. Most 357 mag guns are 16" barrels and some are 20 inch. It is easy to load moderately for closer range shots and lighter recoil. If you have some, enjoy them. This permits me to throat the MAGnum barrel with a proper minimum diameter cylindrical throat that: Given a long minimum diameter throat, a MAGnum gives better accuracy with standard MAG ammo for those wanting to shoot .357 MAGnum and .38 Special loads while also being able to essentially duplicating .350 Legend factory loadings. Click the link to go to the Contact page: If you choose to remove the forend, contact me first so you don't lose parts removing the forend! First off, a .357 lever is almost as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. Rechambering to bottle neck cartridges with additional for handling and converting extractor for rimless cases, from $205. I kept still hoping that they couldnt climb a tree. I agree. All you have to do is search the net for, I survived a center-mass shot from a .357 magnum to see all the supporting evidence you need. Thats info that will come in handy. This beefed up, elongated .357 Magnum has also been chambered in Dan Wesson revolvers as well as several single shot rifles and pistols including the T/C Contender. The finish is stainless steel with a black/gray laminate stock with checkered pistol grip and a rubber recoil pad. What I found odd or maybe not is that after all the semi automatic handguns, rifles and pump action shotguns were gone no one was buying lever actions. Have you actually tried looking for a .38/.357 lever gun? If you can't locate a H&R/NEF in 357 mag a very decent alternative is a Braztech/Rossi made scaled down clone. For full power loads like 30 gr. Custom barrels made by the best of the custom TC barrel manufacturers! . Thanks for reading! The amount of money, time and effort and the increased lever throw places a 357 Maximum lever gun so far down my list that it will never happen for me. The .357 Maximum was an effort to give you .357 Magnum muzzle velocity at 200 meters. Latest: Arima-bob A moment ago Southern California Fishing Reports B What boat less than 30ft can take a 3' @ 6-7 head sea Latest: Bottom Dragger 1 minute ago Boating Discussion Stripping old rods Latest: nefarious235 2 minutes ago Fishing Rod Building Forum 357 maximum rifle for sale on GunsAmerica. Buy a 357 maximum HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON 158 .357 MAXIMUM RIFLE For Sale from: Intrepid Shooting Sports | Positive feedback: 98% View | Verified Seller | 1551 Completed Sales View Sellers Items SOLD - $299.00 Shipping: $20.00 (or FREE in-store pick up!) The One-cartridge Hobby: .357 Magnum :: Guns.com I would also point out that IHMSA was a handloader's sport. Shop online for discount .357 Remington Max ammunition from top ammo brands like Remington, Federal, Winchester, Hornady, CCI, Speer, and many more. Not all of us have the ability for various reasons to reload. Designed to use popular handgun calibers, it allowed shooters to carry a single caliber of ammo. Midsouth Shooters can supply you with your pistol and rifle ammunition, as well as all of your shooting and reloading supplies. The Casull is way shorter than the Max and ~the same OAL as the 360 DW.
Kimberly Thompson Obituary, Why Do Dispensaries Scan Id Nevada, Highway 101 California Truck Restrictions, Will Iguanas Eat Rat Poison, Articles OTHER