1973 Oldsmobile Omega. If I recall correctly, this car was the result of dealer complaints regarding the elimination of the six-cylinder engine in the 1972 F-85, followed by the elimination of the F-85 itself for 1973, as much as anything else. Rust can appear even in Kentucky, although Im not sure if that speaks more to weather conditions in the upper South or GMs build quality. Thats actually a pretty cool looking grille. 1934 Oldsmobile 8 convertible coupe (Model L-34) Az 1940-es Oldsmobile Series 70. I like to imagine that theyre looking at a map and hes softly whispering I told you so in her ear. 1975 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale . This is the O in the NOVA acronym. OK, so theres not a whole lot here but its only $1,500; what do you expect for 185K miles and 48 years of use? It looks like this- The Omega is a rebranded Nova with better trim, different bumpers, etc. Clean it up, With the Rocket 350, that will be easy! Floor Carpet for 1973 Oldsmobile Omega 4DR Loop $322.99 to $419.99 Free shipping SPONSORED Floor Carpet for 1973 Oldsmobile Omega 2DR Auto Loop $281.69 to $366.29 Was: $406.99 Free shipping 14'' Billet Steering Wheels Burgundy Half Wrap Custom Mercury Cougar Capri GMC (Fits: 1973 Oldsmobile Omega) $185.50 Free shipping So many fees and hassles. I am looking to sell or trade my 1973 Oldsmobile Omega $3800 OBO. These included the SX coupe (replaced by the ES in 1982), ES sedan. 3. It was a great first car until the rear axle snapped. When it comes to your Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, you want parts and products from only trusted brands. Sometimes, over gangsters! For '73, Oldsmobile tossed in its entry known as the Omega, and here's an example from that inaugural year, looking oh-so '70ish in its soup green finish. Excellent project for someone wanting to get into the hobby. A few years later (1975??) We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. The 2-speed Powerglide transmission was dropped. IF they had given the 4drs a longer wheelbase ( like Ford did with the Torino and Maverick) I might think differently. None of the Apollo, Omega, or Ventura looked as good as the Nova however. Here at Advance Auto Parts, we work with only top reliable Door Lock Motor product and part brands so you can shop with complete confidence. Shop online & Save up to 40% on original replacement 1978 Oldsmobile Omega Exhaust Springs. People shopping for compacts, by and large, did not visit their Oldsmobile dealer. 1973 Oldsmobile Omega 350 2 door factory AC same as Chevy Nova SS Super Sport. DO read the link that takes you to the full ad says the tranny does NOT engage drive OR reverse now either simple fix (linkage) or as they state, needs rebuild so though a common tranny starting to get pricey (good luck finding another hatch at least interchangeable across the N.O.V.A. I had a1973 Olds Omega 2 door Hatch back with the Hatch Back. Theres quite a bit of surface rust in the engine bay, I wouldnt have expected a California car to look like this. It has a 350 automatic and power steering. rid of a otherwise clean 82 Prelude. I have a soft spot for an Oldsmobubble, mostly pre-1970. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Loved it and would like to find one just like it in Canada. Werent the struts that held these hatches up really long coil springs encased in a tube? No title. Needs body work but it's all there. IIRC anyone who wanted an upscale compact car in this time period bought a Maverick with the LDO (Luxury Decor Option) or a Valiant/Dart Custom model (with the more upscale interior/sound deadening package and chrome trim on the exterior.). A lot of real good comments here, interesting car too, although I dont believe a 4 speed would have been standard in 1973 or any year for a lower price transportation car like this. My family always had a Pontiac in the driveway but only one Oldsmobile so I guess Im biased and would prefer the Pontiac brand to have not been discontinued and they would have come out with a more retro GTO. It was about 11 years old at the time. All in all, not one of GMs greatest achievements. Has the "Rocket 350" V8 automatic. California is a car friendly State, it is just that the cars registered must run well enough to pass the emissions testing. Year 1973 . From this angle it doesnt look half bad. My 78 Skylark sedan as a 231 V-6 (first year even firing 231/3.8L) . Details. 2 Door Hatchback. What I like about this car is its invisibility. (wait, Im bragging about living in an area where vehicles get horribly rusty?!) Our local dealer carried Chevrolet, Oldsmobile and Cadillac, and did so in the 1950s and 1960s. I didnt mean to say that the x-body was unpopular, but Ive read on the internet that some people felt the Omega might not have been as popular amongst the 4 x-body options, (Nova, Ventura, Apollo, Omega). V ehicle We told them to lean it against their garage or wherever and keep it if they ever needed it and if they ever sold the car to toss it in with the deal. American Brands: AMC, Jeep and All Others, Tractors, Lawn Mowers, Off-Road Equipment, Pontiacs pioneering badge-engineering of the Chevy Nova, webspace.webring.com/people/sn/novaessess/SSomega.htm. Given the rust in the rear Id strip this interior bare just to make sure that things were copacetic with the floor pans. 1984 Oldsmobile Toronado (Brochure). You can get a hatchback tent for the Prius, which actually looks pretty practical. Worlds quickest Photoshop mashup I give you the Novallac or the Nova de Ville, or the pre-Cimmaron. In such-sized cities it was common to have a Chevy dealership, followed by a Buick-Pontiac-GMC house, and then Oldsmobile-Cadillac. Had one of those wheelcovers as an ashtray when I was in tech school. Much wheel spinning up the bank of the brook . Quantity: 1 Pair. 4,000 1973 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight ROYALE 1973 OLDSMOBILE DELTA 88 5,765 below average sedan automatic Runs great, new tires and complete brake system, 1 owner, 66,600 Actual miles. Buick : Other base 1973 buick apollo 2 dr rust free project. An Omega could get an Olds 455 dropped in easily, since the block is the same exterior size. in. The rear-wheel-drive Omega was pretty much an also-ran throughout the 1970s. Also, I wanted to point out that the major refresh on these X-bodies was in 1975 (not 1976) with all new greenhouses and (I think) sheet metal. Of course, now that MB is under siege by BMW and Audi, Cadillac is busy chasing BMW. Sadly, Jim met his end within a year, stuffing a 64 GTO into a bridge abutment. Seville was badge-engineering done *right*. The AMC Hornet hatchback had a similar setup available. Properly maintained of course. (4.1 Liter) inline-6 from Chevrolet, until 1977 when it was dropped in favor of the lighter 110hp (82kW) Buick 231 V6. Sometimes its best to steer clear of them because they had bugs to work out which often took a year or two, and sometimes, theyre worth a gamble. It's listed on eBay with bids just topping $2,500 and there is no reserve. In some ways, that attitude did more damage to GM than anything GM management ever did; but I guess back then no one would have imagined a Chevy-Olds-Cadillac dealership like became common in the 80s. White vinyl seats and red carpet. 1973 Oldsmobile Omega Classic Cars for Sale Find new and used 1973 Oldsmobile Omega Classics for sale by classic car dealers and private sellers near you Make: Oldsmobile Model: Omega Min Year: 1973 Max Year: 1973 Clear Filters Showing 1 - 1 of 1 results Featured Seller 26 11 2001 Porsche 911 Cabriolet 74,500 mi Red $ 23,900 or $394 /mo Overpriced, It even borrowed the Nova's dashboard, but Olds added woodgrain trim to it for a more upscale look. Cheap fun!! Reply. Also, there was increased demand for smaller cars, even before Gas Crisis I, so these were not shoved down dealers throats as big car purists assume. It was being piloted by a guy and gal (I assume a married couple) in their 60s. Yes, IIRC, these cars, and generations of smaller BOP cars yet to come, were in response to dealers griping that they didnt have any product in this size. Add to wishlist. 1973 Oldsmobile Cutlass For $9,900. The Dart and Duster/Valiant are loved, but no one compains that they look alike. Most people shopping at an Oldsmobile dealer did not want a compact. CC-1700137. N ova Of course anything related to an Oldsmobile is collectible since they dont even make that brand anymore. 350 V8, sport mirrors, tilt wheel, chrome rocker molding, hatchback, bucket seats, floor shift, factory air. 3. I dont get the justification for making a new buyer (or the original owner, for that matter) should have to pay the cost of the licensing fee for any period when the car was stored away and never saw the streets. And he was moving along at a good clip, about 70 mph. These cars were being built since 1967 in the form of the Chevy Nova . We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Here you can see a couple images I posted. Im pretty sure it was the only Buick in the parking lot. Over 4 weeks ago on Americanlisted. . R ecalled Here are the Oldsmobile Omega Four Door Sedan Family Tree. Old Required fields are marked *. Also, 1975 and older cars are exempt from the smog inspections that are required every two years on 1976 and newer models. Entdecke For 1973-1974 Oldsmobile Omega Instrument Panel Lamp Socket SMP 89844VJ in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel! And I wonder if, Im sure it will complies as some sort of verbal guarantee A Turbo-Hydramatic three-speed automatic transmission handles gearing chores. Great memories! The Omegas gave Olds things the Cutlass line lacked, including a six, a lower price and a hatchback. I dont remember seeing too many of the mid/late 70s Omegas around and saw a fair amount of the early 80s Omegas back in the day. On top of the dents, rust has settled into the lower fender legs which makes one wonder about the condition of the underside. This is a 1980 Omega with an Omega badge in that location. Performance engine rebuil. I remember seeing these up close when my Mom was car shopping in 1974. Kind of a lumpy idle too. 2022 Ram 1500; 2022 Ford F-150; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox; 2020 . . A 4-speed manual was standard in this car (with its 350 V8) but this one has the optional automatic. Good choices. It was named the Hatch Hutch: These are quite rare today. Since GM had the sharpest divisional setup and the most single brand dealerships, their only way to ensure those single brand dealerships remained viable businesses was to give them a the same product slightly differentiated and renamed. Free Shipping in Canada over $149. This super '73 was owned by a young lady from Illinois who used the car as a daily driver to school, work, and the drive-in. The extreme "floating roof" look of the 1959-1960 4-door hardtop, with wrap-around panoramic rear window and overhanging roof, had been passed on to the pillared Celebrity Sedanwhich had switched from the previous year six-window to a four-window greenhouse. Cars in this condition are always my favorite you just cant fake the real quality here. DVID #: 73OL2775C; Make: Oldsmobile; Model: Omega; Year: 1973; Body Type: Style: 4 Door Sedan; Lot: Casa Grande; Price: Call to see if your part is still on the vehicle; Contact Us At 800-905-8024. Like Ive said many times before, some cars look better as 4drs. GM was the champion, and was *expected* to outdo itself, just as it had done for generations. A Nova was a Nova and I wish they would have kept it that way. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Ask them if they needed them as loss-leaders to get people in the door, and the answer is probably yes. Motor and trans have been rebuilt and have less than 1000 miles on them since, many new parts on motor, interior has been redone, all new upolstery and carpet, new vinyl top, new wheels and tires, rechromed . Thanks for the input Dave. all original Oldsmobile omega hatchback ( been in the family for 44 yrs ) never been in a accident, v8 air car, ps/pb, 122000 miles has 5 Oldsmobile rallys, BFGoodrich tires, recent tune up, runs good, has original owners manual & maintenance log, has the original dealer offered floor matts, still has the original metal wiper blades, ( period This car has only ever had two owners one was my father and I am . I had the Pontiac Ventura Sprint version. Only 77,469 Omegas were built in '82, with 53,926 in 1983 and 52,986 in swan-song 1984. Ford and Mopar get a pass with their badge engineered compacts, but GM is derided? He cannot afford the tools and parts, etc., so we are going to sell it to someone who can. . 1984 Oldsmobile 442 Hurst (Brochure). Car runs and drives great. theyll make it! Well, there will be some upholstery work to do on the drivers seat but the rear seat looks great. Leaves and twigs akimbo . Agreed on the looks, Id take this one over a 73 Nova for sure. Shop eBay for great deals on Floor Mats, Carpets & Cargo Liners for 1973 Oldsmobile Omega. As I said, its invisible. On the far side, we have the Cadillacs. This is my 1975 Oldsmobile Omega with a Buick 350 V8. I found this one on craigslist, only 49,000 miles with plenty of options. And, it could use new carpet anyway. Sign up for our free daily email and youll never miss another find: Original Year End Special: 1980 Chevrolet C-10 Bonanza, BF Auction: 1961 Volkswagen Samba Deluxe 23-Window. Add to Cart . For 73, Oldsmobile tossed in its entry known as the Omega, and heres an example from that inaugural year, looking oh-so 70ish in its soup green finish. A high school buddy of mine who went to Marin Catholic had one of these Sprit of America 74 Nova hatchbacks. O mega The lone V8 was Oldsmobile's 5.7L (350 cid) "Rocket" V8, which had a 4-speed manual as standard with the 3-speed automatic optional. GM couldnt add extra outlets for different brands in certain areas without running afoul of those franchise laws. This car makes me want to regress back to my teen years. This turns out to have been a prescient move, because OPEC turned off the oil taps in October of . Out of the four domestic compact cars at the time (Nova & clones, Maverick & clone, Dart & clone and the Hornet) the RWD X bodies were the best ones. Had to go with some costume parts. There are directions here that can be pursued, whats your recommendation? You want ostentation? Year 1973 . Again, California may have been different, but my rusty 35 year old memories tell me that these Nova variants were pretty popular here. You dont have the issue of car being dated by its design like a 57 Cadillac or a 59 Oldsmobile. That still applies in some places, I remember the first time I went to Key West and saw what is the southernmost GM dealer in the US, which sold all GM brands at one dealership, first time I had ever seen that, it was a very busy sign. Its surprising that this four-door Oldsmobile was the poorest-selling model of the three, with about half the sales volume of the two-doors. I dont believe Ive even seen one at a car show. I want one for my driveway. This 1973 Oldsmobile Omega looks like it may be worth a gamble. But today just after reading this article this morning, look at what I happened to spot in traffic on my lunch break. Original MSRP N/a. Date Sep 22 Oct 22 Nov 22 Dec 22 Jan 23 Feb 23 Price (US $) $28,500 $29,000 $29,500 $30,000 $30,500 $31,000 1976 Oldsmobile Omega 1975 Oldsmobile Omega 1974 Oldsmobile Omega 1973 Oldsmobile Omega Index Price. It and the Buick Apollo were introduced in 1973; the Pontiac Ventura had been introduced in 1971. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. January 31, 2017 95 comments. I paid $1800 for the car with 76k miles in 82, took it down to Earle Scheibe in Stamford CTEarle did get around..paid $500 for the Presidential paint job and had a nice ride for $2300.00. 1984 Oldsmobile (Brochure). Search results for: '1980, Oldsmobile, Delta 88, 2-Door Coupe' BOP Parts - Buick, Oldsmobile & Pontiac Auto/Car Parts Online Caddy kinda did get one of these shoved down their throat in the form of the Seville, and Buick did also with the Skylark. Hard to call this a first year car with all its sisters. The only way to replace doors on these cars is to pop the pin out: absolutely ridiculous. I even miss the Grand Am a little. And the Seville already used an Olds engine anyway. Reproduction of the original molded carpet designed for use with 1968-73 Chevy II, Nova, 1971-74 Pontiac Ventura, 1973 Buick Apollo, and 1973 Oldsmobile Omega models. It's surprising that this four-door Oldsmobile was the poorest-selling model of the three, with about half the sales volume of the two-doors. Drove it offa typical WVa hill w/2 telephone poles fora lift (horizontal, buried in the cliff) 4, 5 of us scrambled around under & un-bolted (top 3 or 4 hardest as under the cowl) & lifted in 1 frm junk yard. 1960 Oldsmobile 2-Dr Hardtop. .foreign or domestic . The old GM thumb-button doorhandles and those heavy doors had a really quality feel to them, on an otherwise unimpressive car. And with 180 net HP, this more diminutive Oldsmobile probably, at one time, moved out in style. Right Side, Passenger Side. Scripture Olds in San Rafael, Van Ness Olds in San Francisco, Connell Olds in Oakland. center every year to get smog even those it passed every time. Its sad when a worn out 69 Impala convertible door is easier to close than the door on a low-mileage 73 Bonneville 4-door pillared sedan. These Landau Tops fit the 1973 thru 1979 Oldsmobile Omega. Oldsmobile Omega 1973, Door and Window Crank Handle Washer Set by Goodmark. I traded even up for the 4,000 mile 250 six, my 283 and labor. YoY price change N/a. Hubcap, cut it into the trunk lid, add butt plug to middle.home made sit and spinonly way I see any part moving on this carderelict junk. read more $5,450 1973 442 Specs datasheet with technical data and performance data plus an analysis of the direct market competition of Oldsmobile Omega Coupe Rocket 350 V8 in 1973 the model with 2-door fastback coupe body and V-8 5737 cm3 / 350.1 cui, 134 kW / 182 PS / 180 hp (SAE net) of power, 373 Nm / 275 lb-ft of torque, 3-speed manual powertrain offered since September 1972 for North America . Contrare . Its a pretty generic environment, nothing special, but it can all be replaced, and even improved if thats the next owners intention. Unless hes putting a breaker bar on the crank, I dont know how it turns over without trying to start it. Excellent condition. The list of upgrades on the motor, transmission and suspension is impressive. . Az Oldsmobile szkhza (1966) - Building 70. I guess that may have come in later in production or was not put on this one. . The are basically the same, although there were some exterior and interior differences. You could have your 1973 Omega in one of three styles: a two-door coupe, four-door sedan, or two-door hatchback. Just doing brakes, fuel and exhaust. There was a base model and the upper-level Brougham and the S option was added. Had to replace the cam at a little over 60,000 miles. Sedan Porsche 996 Classic Club Coupe Goes to Auction. And that brand difference makes its most notable appearance under the hood as this Omega is powered by a 180 net HP Oldsmobile 350 CI V8 engine no Chevymobile here. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Over 4 weeks ago on Americanlisted The worst body dent on the car is the driver's front . This makes it very rare. Perhaps because of them being so unpopular? Through the 1950s, Cadillac sales tended to be concentrated in larger metropolitan areas. A 455 would look nice under that hood. 63,500 ; Waterloo, IA ; 5 years ; ebay.com; nothing was new with this car. Quantity / pair. See more price trends. . . OEM Design: Landau Tops are made with the highest quality Haartz Vinyl Roof Topping materials. The dealers wanted a car that could be advertised at a low price to get people to the showrooms. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Now the Oldsmobile Omega Two Door Coupe Family Tree. Somewhere online there are pictures of a yellow Hornet AMX with one, but I cant seem to locate it at the moment. Pedro. . Crazy as it may sound, I would not touch a thing on the body but it would be stored inside its skin cancer will eventually reach the point of no return if left outside much longer. View car. No Customs, No Duties, No Hassles 1973 Oldsmobile 88 $18,988 Private Seller CC-1526468 1973 Oldsmobile 88 Car has 67,000 original miles. You can tell this creation is a pre-oil embargo model by its sales pitch which exclaims, Close up on Omega: Its built like a one and a half-ton brick. Recently one dealer bought out the other, and now it survives as a Chevrolet-Buick-Cadillac dealer. Pontiac engines on the other hand were physically the same size so those were literally bolt-in exchanges. 1984 Oldsmobile Omega (Brochure). GM had developed such a formidable reputation in the past decades that everyone expected them to pull the rug out from under the German luxury makers and Japanese economy champions just as they had demolished all earlier competition. I know, I know, salt air, yadda yadda.. Until youve lived in the upper-Midwest, you west-coasters havent seen the meaning of rust! Remember, this was before the internet. E ngineering Has the Rocket 350, original 4 barrel, original non HEI ignition, all original wiring remains uncut or tampered with. You dont see many around anymore. I didnt take the bait. As you got into the more rural/country California counties then you saw Olds doubled up with Pontiac or Chevy outlets. I miss that. That seems a little harsh. All I know is I offered the guy a price and he told me he'd take 1/3 of that offer. My first car was a 1976 Ventura sedan even with the Pontiac nose and strip tail lights yet it still screamed Nova from the side view. It was a nice original car that had a 350 Olds 4-barrel. In smaller towns, such as the one where I lived, it was not uncommon for one dealer to carry several GM brands on the same lot. I worked with a guy that had a 4-speed hatchback Apollo. I find the 73 front end to be quite attractive: its bumper doesnt overpower the styling quite as much as the Nova. Instead of using the time, goodwill and cashflow it generated to build a true MB-beater, they produced the horrible bustle-back. Im no expert of course, but I know there were some differences. The Omega is nice, but I am not a fan of the hatchback. I well-remember toting those surprisingly heavy hatches for the hatchback model. and ran great all the way through 212K to where I sold it to a young family struggling to get a family car. It wasnt unpopular but it wasnt as well known as the Chevrolet Nova. Firsts yer, second year third year, cars in the 70s had bugs regardless of how long they had being produced. Now I read the write-up, comments I guess its the motor~. Cant remember the name of the color but it was basically metallic orange and had a white painted roof, dual exhaust w/glass packs.
California Fish Grill Cajun Sauce, Oklahoma State Employee Salaries 2022, Beers Similar To Corona Australia, Best Closed End Fund Newsletter, Double Eagle Very Rare Empty Bottle, Articles OTHER