Use large safety pins in the back of the neck of each bear, and put an ornament hook through the pin for some of the bears. OfferUp Review: Is It Worth It To Sell Your Stuff. Like most apps on this list, there are fees, including a listing, transaction and payment processing fee. Kendra@ProjectNightNight.org General: All donations must be shipped or delivered to our main facility in Chatsworth, CA. Sell2BBNovelties Methodology Tips for Selling Beanie Babies Include Photos The Condition Matters Try a Beanie Baby Facebook Group Can You Make Money Selling Beanie Babies? She has been involved with several nonprofit organizations, provided etiquette instruction for cultural and religious events and has experience in event planning. Sell2BBNovelties This is a specialty site specifically designed for people looking to sell all kinds of collectibles, Beanie Babies included. Operation Gratitude is a campaign to raise awareness of the plight of the homeless in the United States. Holiday Teddy 23. Yes, we will send you a thank you letter within eight weeks of receiving your donation. Charities such as the Salvation Army and Goodwill likely will sell the Beanie Babies and use the money for other charitable causes. Will I get a letter of acknowledgment from Operation Gratitude? Antique Stores 2. Get a clear picture of your finances and achieve your goals! The Bobbitts decided to use the Beanie Babies to help sick and injured kids in their hometown by donating them to their local Children's Miracle Network Hospital. All it takes is a few minutes on DonationTown.org, and your gently used items will be on their way to a second life in the hands of someone struggling to make ends meet. This would be great on a toy-themed or just all Beanie Baby-themed Christmas tree. Plus, you dont have to worry about an auction ending too low, leaving you with less than you wanted for the item. Mold, mildew, and cigarette smoke can all taint your Beanie Babies with hard-to-remove scents. Donation Town does not provide tax, legal or other professional advice. With all the birthdays and holidays, toys and stuffed animals start to pile up in the corners of the kids bedroom. You can expect to price this at about 40% to 60% of the mint price. If you want your stuffed animals to go directly to children, consider donating them to a homeless shelter that houses families, or to a domestic-abuse shelter, children's home, the pediatric wing of a local hospital or social services.Dec 12, 2019. Donate computers, laptops, printers and computer cables. Mercari. Donors can "Give with Confidence" to this charity. TIAS. You must also decide if youll pay the shipping costs or pass those on to the buyer. However, there are still a lot of Beanies out there, and they still have a high resale value. Please be sure to fill out a Donor Form and include a form in each of your boxes/bags/envelopes! To claim the write-off, the charity must give you a receipt or a letter stating the date and location of the donation and identifying the toys you gave them. As the name implies, PlushCollector is a very unique marketplace for selling Beanie Babies and other collectibles like Funko Pop figures and Star Wars toys. DonationTown.org will help you connect with a charity in your area that will pick up your items from you at a convenient time. Thats not to say that they never sell for big moneyPrincess Diana Beanie Babies have occasionally been confirmed to fetch $1,000 or even $10,000. Project Smile has collected over 44,000 stuffed animals and donated to 200 police and fire departments across the country. Can Beanie Babies be donated? Etsy works best with a large collection because you can fill up your Etsy store with them, selling them individually or as a bundle, depending on the demand. One suggestion to save you both space in your box and on the cost of shipping is vacuum sealing your items in your shipping box. These are the 20 most expensive beanie babies in the world: To check and see if your Beanie is retired you can check the Ty website. As far as most expensive Beanie Babies go, Peace Bear on its own is definitely up thereabout $5K. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beanie_Babies, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beanie_Babies_2.0, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retirement_(Beanie_Baby), Companies based in Culver City, California, Companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange, Development charities based in the United States, International responses to the COVID-19 pandemic, Non-profit organizations based in Washington (state), Online auction websites of the United States, Philanthropic organizations based in the United States, Social welfare charities based in the United Kingdom, Social welfare charities based in the United States, I live in Boston, so I cant speak to the rest of the state, but I can tell you that Beanie Babies can be donated to the Boston Red Cross, The Red Cross is a non-profit organization that helps people in need, You can also donate them to the Childrens Hunger Fund, which is a charity that helps underprivileged children in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Middle East, Beanie Babies are made by Ty Warner, a company that makes Beanie Babies, Ty Warner pledged that 100% of profits from the sale of a limited edition Beanie Baby bear named Hope were to be donated to the United Way Worldwide COVID-19 Fund, On March 2, 2022, Warner declared all profits from those sold during the month of March would be given to Save the Children, an organization providing emergency assistance to children in Ukraine. The site charges lower fees than other online options, like eBay. A preschool teacher can use them with classroom kids and have different stations throughout the classroom, such as a station where you adopted your pet and received a certificate, a veterinarian station, a station to get a leash/collar, etc. Absolutely not. You can make little food out of clay or buy fake food for it you can alsoMoreOne feed the beanie boo. Disclaimer | The goal of the campaign is to encourage people to donate their time, money, and resources to the relief efforts of the American Red Cross, United Nations, and United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Agency (UNRRA). 3. Donate them to your local library: This is where the majority of mine went! Stuffed Animals For Emergencies is recognized as an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. based on the best cost you can find. Even though you may not get the largest amount of cash for your collection, it may be the fastest way to sell your Beanie Babies quickly. Most people know Etsy for its crafts, handmade goods and art. Yes! I would prefer to stay away from just donating them to places like Goodwill and Savers. Since they operate as the middleman, these stores pay you less than you might get selling your Beanie Babies directly. Etsy - This site attracts people with the 'nostalgia' factor, so there's no shortage of interested buyers. About | Many of these charities will pick up donations from your doorstep. McDonalds International Bears // Value: $10,000 Collectors helped make Teenie Babies one of the chains most popular Happy Meal promotions in history up to that point, but like the full-sized Beanie Babies, most of the toys are worth nothing today. Sell4Value. Near-mint condition still means the Beanie Baby is in perfect condition, but there might be an issue with the tag. While a mint Beanie Baby will likely sell, if its made of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) pellets, you might get more money for it because this form of stuffing is rarer. This is a particularly useful service when you have multiple boxes of donations, or larger items (furniture, mattresses, electronics or computer equipment) that youre unable to haul on your own. Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself, and all opinions expressed here are our own. 15-inch Peace Bear, 9-inch Peace, Ringo, and Bones Another collection of Tys, the quartet of 15-ich Peace Bear, 9-inch Peace Bear, Ringo (the raccoon), and Bones (a dog) can be worth up to $159,000 if paired together. You probably already know it if you do, but it doesnt hurt to check and make sure. As a result, you can head to a local antique shop and likely find Beanie Babies for sale. This particular charity will donate the Beanie Baby directly to children who are in need of toys. In 1996, Ty Inc. donated 1 million Beanie Babies to Childrens Hunger Fund relief efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. An industry surfaced with collector magazines devoted to the toys, plastic tag holders (dont want to crease those cardboard tags), and websites devoted to online newsletters and marketplaces. In the past, the toys were sold alongside McDonaldsHappy Meals to celebrate that products 17th anniversary. This site, which has been around since 1995, does not charge per-item fees or a set-up charge for your shop. Waddle 15. Youll also get tips to help you sell your collection for more. We won't send you spam. Please do not send any type of containers or place the toys in bags. We've gifted over HALFAMILLIONlovingly handmade creations in over 15 years!, Our community of over 10,000 dedicated, loving, and compassionate makers volunteer to donate their time, talent, and yarn by hand-making beanies and blankets through the art of knitting and crochet., Creating what matters most in life -- love and connection: We see it in thank you notes and letters from our hats and blankets recipients. If you want to donate a Beanie Baby, you need to go to a store that sells them. If your Beanie Babies are not used, wipe them down regardless to remove dust and dander. Follow Us: A primary way to donate Beanie Babies or other stuffed animals to charity is to submit them to Stuffed Animals for Emergencies, or SAFE. If your Beanie Babies are not used, wipe them down regardless to remove dust and dander. If you find a misprint on a Beanie Baby tag or some other manufacturing mistake, do some research before getting your hopes up. Do the toys have to be new or have their tags? They just need to be gently used, clean, and odor-free. Bears from Steiff and Louis Vuitton. You the donor can be sure that any donations that come through SAFE are never sold and are given directly to children in need. A primary way to donate Beanie Babies or other stuffed animals to charity is to submit them to Stuffed Animals for Emergencies, or SAFE. One of the hottest items theyre currently looking for is Beanie Babies, so you might make more money selling your collection to them. Beanie Babies: What To Do With Them!Keep a few: When I began sorting, the kids kept about 10 for themselves. Related: OfferUp Review: Is It Worth It To Sell Your Stuff? Bubbles $129,000. Pawn shops can be a good option if you need cash fast. These are the most valuable Beanie Babies sold today, based on eBay sales. Since then, Warner has donated over $300 million to various charities since the start of the company. They may even be donated. Stuffed Animals For Emergencies is recognized as an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. A collection location is a place where Knots of Love Makers can take their beanies or blankets and they will mail them to us within 24 to 48 hours -- at no cost to the Maker. 719 more rowsDec 30, 2021, If you've got a huge number of collectibles to get rid of, selling locally is the way to go. Where can I donate stuffed animals in my area? Better yet, they dont charge selling fees. Its even possible to set a reserve price if you want to make a certain amount before accepting a sale. . Charities welcome a range of donations. All beanies & blankets are made by hand and given 100% FREE of charge. Its free to list your Beanie Babies for sale on Craigslist, but its also up to you to handle any questions, negotiations and payments. Our volunteers take in donations of new and gently used stuffed animals, blankets, books, children's clothes, and baby items, cleans these items, and then finds organizations in their area who can use the donations for children in traumatic or emotional situations. Facebook and eBay are the main ways to sell your Beanie Babies once you understand their worth. Contact, how much do they pay you to donate your eggs, who can i donate my unopened blood pressure medication, how much does tom brady donate to charity, how to donate tvs and freezers to charity, how much does donald trump donate to charity annually, Keep a few: When I began sorting, the kids kept about 10 for themselves. ): We use our best efforts to provide accurate information regarding the charitable donation community, however, we make no promise, guarantee, representation, or assurance regarding any particular entity published on our Site, including without limitation its tax or legal status or the quality or safety of its services. But theres still a market for Beanie Babies. It's a fast, free service from Donation.Town.org. Today, they are $20 or $30. If you want to donate a Beanie Baby to a charity, you can donate it to the charity of your choice. Depending on the Beanie Babies you have to sell and your timing, you might make money. The Beanie Babies craze has been over for two decades, but eBay is still full of listings for the plush animals, and the now-vintage collectibles come with some pretty wild price tags.Nov 8, 2018, No. Donate computers, laptops, printers and computer cables. Save my name, email, and site URL in my browser for next time I post a comment. Depending on the demand for Beanie Babies in your area, this could take months. But, as with any collectible, theres no guarantee. Tuffy the Terrier 22. Beanie Babies are often worth money, but the value can vary. You might consider donating your Beanie Babies if you have a small collection. 3:389:50How To Take Care of a Beanie Boo (according to Wikihow) - YouTubeYouTubeStart of suggested clipEnd of suggested clipOne feed the beanie boo. In 1993, they were $4 or $5. Facebook Marketplace. Since Beanie Babies were hot in the 90s, some people consider them to be antiques. About | That means that the boxes and bags will be disposed of and we prefer not to waste anything. Donate them to your local library: This is where the majority of mine went! To do this, place any type of trash bag in your box, neatly put your beanies in the box inside the bag. 15-inch Peace bear and 9-inch Peace, Ringo and Bones $159,000. Required fields are marked *. . Join our newsletter and get our FREE Starter Budget! 7. Sell2BBNovelties. Yes! Very Good - The tags are very worn, torn, or missing completely, but the character is still in perfect condition. Etsy. If you buy a qualifying product, youre not charged anything extra, but Ill get a small commission to help pay for my expenses. Should I send the plastic box I have stored them in? A local mom is collecting items to create Easter baskets for a shelter. In addition to the usual candy handouts at Halloween, consider giving Beanies, especially the smaller McDonalds Teenie Beanies. The 20 Most Expensive Beanie Babies in the WorldHumphrey the Camel - $1,200.Employee the Bear - $3,000.Nana the Monkey - $4,000.Peace the Bear - $5,000.Snort the Red Bull - $6,500.Halo the Bear - $7,500.Mcdonald's International Bears - $10,000.Patti the Platypus - $10,000.More items.5 days ago How do you take care of a Beanie Baby? (Please do not donate ripped, overly worn or stained stuffed animals, or those with parts missing.). Stay updated like 1,000+ subscribers with our weekly newsletter. Deliver your Beanie Babies to the charity. The platform has a high score on the Apple App Store. We use cookies to analyze website traffic and optimize your website experience. Erin, The Bear 14. Beanie Babies are made by a company called Ty Inc. This is a particularly useful service when you have multiple boxes of donations, or larger items (furniture, mattresses, electronics or computer equipment) that youre unable to haul on your own. Jessica Bryan Project Night Night 1026 Kensington Avenue Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230 734-277-7950 Jessica@ProjectNightNight.org PLEASE EMAIL US FOR CALIFORNIA DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS. See the video below:, We currently provide over 4,000 beanies and blankets per month. Knots of Love is a non-profit 501(c)3 public charity based in Southern California. Knots of Love currently distributes to over 590 treatment centers, infusion centers, hospitals, oncology offices, and neonatal intensive care units across the USA.. All trademarks or copyrights published on Donation Town are the rights of their respective owners. Squealer the Pig 24. Believe it or not, there are many Facebook Groups for Beanie Babies. Deliver your Beanie Babies to the charity. According to the manufacturer, there are over 800 different varieties. "We are overjoyed to receive this donation . If you offer local pickup, consider doing it at a public place, like the local police station or another popular area. The idea is that when people buy the toys, they donate all of the profits to charity. Maple Bear 19. None of the Ty Teenie Beanie Babies associated with the McDonald's promotion starting in 1997 are worth anything. Donate Almost Anything: Donate Clothes, Donate Furniture, Donate Books, Donate Toys, Donate Appliances, and more: Acceptable Donations. Beanie Babies are made by Ty Warner, who founded Ty Inc. in 1986. Yes! 13. Opening an Etsy store is easy and free. "We are overjoyed to receive this donation," said Melissa Conley, Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Program Manager. State Highway Patrol Most state highway patrols have a Teddy Bear program, and the Bear Beanie Babies would be welcome.Feb 18, 2019, Where to Sell Beanie Babies (Online)eBay. In addition to SAFE, there is Toys for Tots and the Battalion Buddies program. Children would love to receive a special animal in their box. Donate a stuffed animal that will reassure a little one during the school day. Everyone knows eBay, and its even better today than it was when it first launched. If your Beanie Babies are not used, wipe them down regardless to remove dust and dander. But, PlushCollector is one of the best places to sell Beanie Babies for cash because it specializes in plush collectibles. What To Do With Old Beanie Babies 10 Ideas, What To Do With Old Beanie Babies 10 Ideas FAQs. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If you need help determining what your Beanie Babies have inside, check the tag. Children's homes are another place where you can donate used toys for kids in need. 7. eBay, one of the most popular online marketplaces in the world, is an excellent choice for selling Beanie Babies. Did you know that they use these as prizes for their Summer Reading programs?! DonationTown.org will help you find a charity i DonationTown.org will help you connect with a charity in your area that will pick up your items from you at a convenient time. We are happy to receive them all year long! Charities such as the Salvation Army and Goodwill likely will sell the Beanie Babies and use the money for other charitable causes. The toys are stuffed with plastic pellets (beans) rather than conventional soft stuffing. DonationTown.org will help you find a charity that will arrange to pick these times up from you. A primary way to donate Beanie Babies or other stuffed animals to charity is to submit them to Stuffed Animals for Emergencies, or SAFE. Most people who attend flea markets are after antiques and collectibles. Copyright 2023 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media, All Rights Reserved. And sometimes, its these little things that can make a big difference for a child. Copyright 2023 Stuffed Animals For Emergencies - All Rights Reserved. Otherwise, you might not get nearly as much as your collectibles are worth. We heard similar stories from Soldiers, Marines, Airmen and Sailors who built goodwill with children in the Middle East, Africa and ports all over the world through the Beanie Babies our volunteers have donated. Sell your Beanie Babies and other plush toys including Disney, Warner Bros., Coca-Cola, Steiff, etc. It is a fast, free service for you and for the charity. Step 1: Follow all of the Knots of Love Maker Guidelines listed here. You could also create a Youtube video, such as The Beanie Babies Hunger Games. Buyers care about how the Beanie Baby looks from the outside. The process for donating your adult-size beanies and or NICU blankets is simple. Please note: When dropping off your creations, be sure to include a this submission form. Contact your local police station or fire station: Some may accept them and give them to children in crisis. Our volunteers take in donations of new and gently used stuffed animals, blankets, books, children's clothes, and baby items, cleans these items, and then finds organizations in their area who can use the donations for children in traumatic or emotional situations. The more photos you include, the more likely you will sell the item for what youre asking, especially if the photos match the listing. To . Pawn Shop 10. We are a major buyer of these items and would love for you to consider our service. However, it is best to check with your local hospital, and then you can send them. There are many ways to give to Knots of Love and support our mission. We performed in-depth research to identify the top places to make money selling Beanie Babies. Some of our top purchases include Disney, Warner Bros & various Ty products. Bonanza 3. Donate books, toys and household items. The toys are stuffed with plastic pellets (beans) rather than conventional soft stuffing. 2. The toys are stuffed with plastic pellets ('beans') rather than conventional soft stuffing. Can You Make Money Selling Beanie Babies? Kids love the story of Noahs Ark, and if you have two of each, why not create an ark out of a cardboard box and have a new way to play with them? What's the best way to ship my beanie babies? Yes! Nevertheless, it can be a fun way to declutter and make money on the side. If you have a very large collection (more than 200) you may want to consider shipping them via freight on a pallet which can cut your cost considerably. Donate books, toy DonationTown.org will help you connect with a charity in your area that will pick up your items from you at a convenient time. It lets you sell almost anything, including Beanie Babies. Many charitable organizations will gladly collect your stuffed animal and childrens toy donations. It is a fast, free service for you and for the charity. You can also set up local sales to be picked up in a safe location or offer to ship for non-local buyers. If you collected these toys back when they were a hot commodity and are ready to turn them into cash, you are in luck. You can list items for local sale, accept cash payments and pay no fees. If the Beanie Babies have never been used and still have the tags on them, hold onto them until the holiday season, at which point you may donate them to Toys for Tots. The End Bear 21. The Beanie Babies you sell to Sell2BBNovelties might be sold to other collectors (for a profit), wholesalers or stores looking specifically for the Beanie Babies you have for sale. Founded in 2007, we provide hand-knit and crochet beanies to people going through chemo and blankets for babies in NICU incubators. As a rule, the more unique the Beanie Baby, the more valuable it is, which means that certain versions with slight variations in styling or even errors in production often command the highest prices. DonationTown.org will help you find a charity in your area and schedule a fast, free pickup of your donations. Many of the most valuable Beanie Babies today have errors, either on the tags or on the doll itself. At DonationTown.org, within minutes you can locate an organization in your area that will put your kids gently used stuffed animals and other childrens toys in the hands of those who are less fortunate. . For example, it charges $0.25 for each item you sell and a 3.5% final value fee. At this time, all donations must be shipped or delivered to our main facility in Chatsworth, Calif. Put wings on a puppy or giraffe legs on an elephant, for example. We would love to help! This is a particularly useful service when you have multiple boxes of donations, or larger items (furniture, mattresses, electronics or computer equipment) that youre unable to haul on your own. Many charitable organizations will gladly collect your stuffed animal and childrens toy donations. We hear you. What makes a lot of the above sales so rare oftentimes comes in errors, whether it's on the Beanie Babies itself or on the tag.Most Expensive Beanie Babies in 2021.Beanie BabiesPriceDateTuffy$12,425Dec.