Making smooth transitions may be one reason WBBM 780-AM/WCFS 105.9-FM has managed to stay at or near the top of the ratings for most of its 53 years as an all-news station. So excited to get back to work in Chicago with such a wonderful team of journalists including my new co-anchor @CiscoCotto! In an internal memo, Regional President Rachel Williamson wrote, "Kenzie K is no longer with Audacy. Owned and operated by the network's CBS News and Stations division, the station maintains studios on West Washington Street in the Loop district, and its transmitter is located atop the Willis Tower . Cisco Cotto Named WBBM/Chicago Morning Drive Anchor RADIO ONLINE | Monday, December 20, 2021 Audacy names Cisco Cotto as morning anchor for WCFS-FM and WBBM-AM (WBBM Newsradio) in Chicago, weekdays from 5-10am CT, beginning January 3. You have permission to edit this article. The 16-year-old OPRF student is now charged with aggravated battery as a juvenile. Symone coming on strong. Freedom 96.9 is teasing the addition of Dana Loesch to the lineup as well to enhance the rebrand further as the station begins a new chapter as it provides news/talk to the residents. Eduardo Razo is the Assistant Content Editor for BNM, which includes writing daily news stories on the news media industry. Sizemore collapsed at his home in Los Angeles last month after suffering a brain aneurysm. This is a story of two mothers awaiting justice for the men accused of murdering their sons. According to Roger Feder, Julie Mann's resignation was announced to the staff Wednesday by Ron Gleason, brand manager and news director of WBBM Newsradio. Doctors say for the most part, people can fight off such infections on their own. The News Continues On Chicago's WBBM, With Cotto Moving To Mornings Come 2022. I watch you guys every morning, Stern said (h/tMediaite). This is a story of two mothers awaiting justice for the men accused of murdering their sons. Cotto will be heard weekdays from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. CT, beginning January 3. A man is arrested and charged with hitting a 16-year-old girl on a CTA platform in the Loop in February. In the latest Nielsen Audio survey, WBBM Newsradio ranked third in mornings with a 7.1 percent share and cumulative weekly audience of 512,100. 33 Team Manager jobs available in Cannanore, Kerala on Indeed.com. PHILADELPHIA, PA December 20, 2021 Audacy names Cisco Cotto morning drive anchor for WBBM Newsradio (WCFS-FM/WBBM-AM). Hong Kong court convicts activists behind Tiananmen vigil, Ohio derailment tests Sen. Brown's push to buck Dem defeats, Texas congressman's breaks with GOP could lead to censure, Paid express lanes grow more popular in once-reluctant South, Utah governor says he plans to sign abortion clinic ban. I look forward to continuing to be a small part of the award-winning news team on WBBM for many years to come.. Charges against John DePetro have been dismissed as the radio host faced a trespassing charge related to an incident over the summer during a Monday court hearing. What can I tell you? A severe shortage of mental health treatment options means kids in crisis increasingly find themselves in emergency rooms for weeks or longer. Together, she and Cisco have a passion for news plus warm and inviting voices that will greet our listeners each and every morning.. Hart, who has also regularly anchored weekend mornings, earlier worked in Chicago at Nexstar Media Group talk station WGN-AM (720), the former WLUP and WLS-AM. Cassidy, 71, told colleagues Friday he's retiring at the end of the year as morning drive news anchor at WBBM 780-AM/WCFS 105.9-FM, the Audacy all-news powerhouse. 138 Accountant, Kannur jobs available in Cannanore, Kerala on Indeed.com. Furthermore, with the rebrand possibly comes a new addition. Latest breaking news from CBS2 WBBM-TV Chicago. She had been off the air on medical leave since 2019. I look forward to continuing to be a small part of the award-winning news team on WBBM for many years to come.. In addition, she is no longer providing voice services for Audacy's other Top 40 stations. By Kevin Eck on Dec. 17, 2021 - 11:18 AM. Yasmeen Hassan has been named the new traffic anchor on the station's. Feder flashback: So you think you know Chicago television. He succeeds Pat Cassidy, who recently announced his retirement. "Kenzie K is no longer with Audacy," said Audacy regional president Rachael Williamson in . a burglary at a fast-food restaurant in McKinley Park early Friday morning. You can't replace them," Cotto told me. CBS 2 Investigator Megan Hickey reports. WTOP Named the Top Billing Radio Station in the U.S. J.T. Stern told Morning Joe in an extensive interview that MSNBC is the network for him regarding cable news consumption. Subsequently taking over that role is Rob Hart, who has been with the station since 2016, heard on the business hour and in middays. Thanks to Ron Gleason, Greg Solk, and Rachel Williamson for trusting me with such an important show on this great station. Cotto has been anchoring mornings solo since he replaced Pat Cassidy, who retired in December 2021. Listeners can tune in to WBBM Newsradio (WCFS-FM/WBBM-AM) in Chicago on-air and nationwide on theAudacy appandwebsite. Mai has a knack for uncovering the details that resonate with the people of this city. Stream sports, news, music, entertainment, podcasts and more. For many years, Mellema worked the 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. morning-drive reporting shift at WBBM, following up for listeners . Brett Reckamp Co-Anchor's with Veronica weekdays and is the long-time host of Beyond the Headlines heard weekends on all 7 of Alpha Media's Portland stations. The station's stream will start in {time} sec. Cervetti Gina Cervetti is an award-winning radio journalist who joined Bloomberg in 2015, after about a decade at the Wall Street Journal Radio Network. https://t.co/t8AicNKjTQ, Mai has a knack for uncovering the details that resonate with the people of this city, Williamson added. Mai Martinez is joining WBBM Newsradio (WCFS-FM/WBBM-AM) Chicago, as morning co-anchor and reporter. Shamus Toomey, Editor in Chief and co-founder of Block Club Chicago, joined Bob Sirott to share the latest Chicago neighborhood stories. Champlin Broadcasting Conservative Talk The Eagle 96.9 KQOB Enid/Oklahoma City and 1640 KZLS Enid will look a little different for its listeners as the station has rebranded. He joined the station as a street reporter and fill-in anchor, later moving to middays, hosting the WBBM noon business hour. Mai Martinez, former weekend news anchor and reporter at CBS-owned WBBM-Channel 2, has been hired to co-anchor morning news at WBBM 780-AM/WCFS 105.9-FM, the Audacy all-news station. Its like all news stuff. News Civilian police oversight councils elected for the first time in history of Chicago News Brown resigns as Chicago's top cop, effective March 16, Lightfoot announces LATEST from WBBM 780 Local Television. The pro forma announcement followed Friday's news that legendary morning anchor Pat Cassidy will retire at the end of the year, wrapping up 51 years on Chicago radio. By the way, I want to give a shoutout to MSNBC, Stern added. Doordarshan the state-owned television broadcaster started the commercial television broadcast in Kerala with the channel 'DD Malayalam 'on 1 January 1985 from Kudappanakkunnu, Trivandrum.Malayalam started with a one-hour slot (6.30 PM -7:30 PM IST) daily followed by a 10-minute news bulletin in malayalam.During initial phase Malayalam programs that originated from Doordarshan were . Tune in for the latest news and updates, as well as in-depth sports coverage, particularly of the Chicago's major sports teams. The Audacy-owned station said in a release that Martinez will spend much of her time in the field, covering the diverse communities of Chicago, while also teaming with Cisco Cotto each morning from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. CT. Im honored to join such a talented team of hardworking and trusted journalists and continue the important work of informing and serving our community, Martinez said. Catanzara won his bid reelection with 57 percent of the vote, compared with 43 percent for his challenger, Detective Robert Bartlett, according to results published by the Chicago FOP Lodge 7. The station's programming is centered around providing listeners with the information they need to stay informed and connected to the world around them.In addition to news coverage, WBBM Newsradio 780 AM also offers extensive sports coverage, including live game coverage, expert analysis, and interviews with players and coaches. He most recently doubled as midday news anchor and host of the Noon Business Hour" on WBBM Newsradio. GitHub export from English Wikipedia. You do not have to search the web, with our app you can listen to the WBBM 780 Am Chicago Radio with the best quality, always live and without your headphones! WBBM news anchors Pat Cassidy, left, and Felicia Middlebrooks share the morning drive shift at WBBM news radio in Chicago in 2002. In the wake of last week's announcement that Audacy "Newsradio" WBBM-AM (780)/WCFS-FM (105.9) Chicago morning anchor Pat Cassidy will retire at year's end following more than 50 years on air, the station's current midday anchor and "Noon Business Hour" host Cisco Cotto has been tapped to take over mornings beginning Jan. 3. Assist the team with opportunity identification and proposal development including education and nurturing of Bankers. You can find a comprehensive archive of his material here. Freedom 96.9 is teasing the addition of Dana Loesch to the lineup as well to enhance the rebrand further as the station begins a new chapter as it provides news/talk to the residents. History [ edit] Ill work hard to maintain what they built. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. SiriusXM radio host Howard Stern told Morning Joes Joe Scarborough and Willie Geist in an extensive interview that MSNBC is the network for him regarding cable news consumption. Everyone supports each other here. Audacy News 780 WBBM Chicago/105.9 WCFS Elmwood Park IL has announced the addition of Mai Martinez as morning co-anchor alongside Cisco Cotto.. Martinez most recently served as a reporter and weekend news anchor at WBBM-TV from 2006 to 2020. Hart, who grew up on Chicagos Southwest Side and graduated from Marquette University, joined WBBM Newsradio in 2016 from WGN 720-AM, where he'd worked twice since 2005. After dropping traffic reporter Derrick Young earlier this month, WBBM in Chicago has named its new pick for the position. Unlike DePetro, who had his charges dismissed, Perkins still faces an assault charge, according to court records. "We are excited to welcome Cisco into morning drive," said Rachel . The Chicago Board of Elections said 516,674 ballots were cast in Chicago. WMVP 1000-AM sports talk, 0.8 (0.7) Here are Chicago radio's top 10 morning shows from 6 to 10 a.m. Monday through Friday, as measured by Nielsen Audio: 1. Audacy names Cisco Cotto morning drive anchor for WBBM Newsradio as of January 3rd. Shamus had details on: Chicago Harbor Lighthouse Off Navy Pier Could Be Restored, Turned Into A Museum: A group of architects and lighthouse lovers are working to restore the Chicago Harbor Lighthouse to protect it [] Audacy names Cisco Cotto morning drive anchor for WBBM Newsradio as of January 3rd. I really enjoy the show. Listen to this free live online radio application, The only and best online radio in the entire country. Earlier Hart also worked at WTMJ in Milwaukee. Martinez will make her debut on WBBM Newsradio 780 AM on April 4. Cotto, a west suburban Aurora native and graduate of Western Illinois University, joined WBBM Newsradio in 2014 after on-air jobs at the former WMAQ, WLS 890-AM, WIND 560-AM and WMBI 90.1-FM. .1 FM went from news to rock, Pat . Mitchell to Head Supertalk Mississippis News Department, Dagen McDowell Is Ready For A New Adventure With Fox Business. Immediately upon reaching the beach, the three tribes go full throttle in their first challenge to earn crucial camp supplies. He (Cotto) has proven to be a true professional and teammate for the last seven years, both reporting and anchoring on WBBM, said Rachel Williamson, Regional President and Market Manager, Audacy Chicago. I'm not replacing Felicia Middlebrooks. . Prior to WFMD, he hosted an afternoon program at News Talk 103.7 FM in Chambersburg, PA. I watch you guys every morning, Stern said (h/tMediaite). I dont think theres much difference there.. To connect with Ryan, find him on Twitter @SureToCover. Martinez has also worked in television in Chattanooga and Birmingham, while previously also co-hosting mornings at AC "K98" WVOK-FM Oxford AL from . Mai Martinez is joining WBBM Newsradio (WCFS-FM/WBBM-AM) Chicago, as morning co-anchor and reporter. This radio programm keeps you in a good mood when you turn on WBBM Newsradio 780 AM. When she starts April 4, Martinez will spend much of her time in the field, covering the diverse communities of Chicago, while also teaming with Cisco Cotto each morning. Symone coming on strong. KZLS started simulcasting on KQOB at the beginning of this year after the 96.9 signal was leased to Citadel and Cumulus Media for nineteen years. Twitter: @WBBMNewsradio Language: English Contact: 2 Prudential Plaza, 11th Floor, 180 N. Stetson Chicago IL 60601 (1-800-784-6397) Website: http://www.wbbm780.com Stations Play Button WBBM-AM Chicago, IL UP NEXT: 8pm Chicago Bears Insider Baseball Broadcasts Do Not Need Rules Analysts, Maggie Gray Is Thrilled to Thrive On A National Stage. 14 Ohio State in the first semifinal at Target Center, the first-time host of this tournament. "My job is to avoid breaking what they built over many decades. The radio host thanked MSNBC for providing him with what he loves: 24/7 news. Ryan Hedrick serves as the Assistant Program Director and Co-Host of the Morning News Express at WFMD. Minimum 5+ years experience in Banca channel in Life insurance with minimum 1+years experience from Banca - Team handling is mandate Reckamp arrived at KXL in May of . Ron Gleason, brand manager and news director of WBBM Newsradio, announced the cuts late Tuesday in an email to staff. WBBM Newsradio 780 & 105.9FM is also the home for the Chicago Bears and the Chicago Air & Water Show. Chicago All News Station WBBM 780 AM has named a new morning host following Pat Cassidy's retirement announcement last week. Its like all news stuff. WBBM Newsradio 780 & 105.9FM has been the consistent all news radio voice in Chicagoland for 40 years, and is now streaming online for free. Streamline Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Oddly, I agree politically with almost everything Joe says. Fill out the form below. Together, she and Cisco have a passion for news plus warm and inviting voices that will greet our listeners each and every morning.. The search for Charlotte Lester continues as I resume efforts searching for answers into her disappearance and holding Mark Perkins accountable for his actions against myself and Ladybug.. I'm blessed," he said. I really enjoy the show. Cotto originally joined the station as a street reporter and fill-in anchor, later moving to midday anchoring. Not only does he bring a bright energy, but is a great communicator and strong journalist the perfect combination as Chicagoans wake up each morning.. Part of Audacy. Ill work hard to maintain what they built. Ryan Hedrick serves as the Assistant Program Director and Co-Host of the Morning News Express at WFMD. In an open letter, the Bears said finalizing the purchase is "an important next step in our ongoing evaluation of the opportunity.". In the wake of last week's announcement that Audacy "Newsradio" WBBM-AM (780)/WCFS-FM (105.9) Chicago morning anchor Pat Cassidy will retire at year's end following more than 50 years on air, the station's current midday anchor and "Noon Business Hour" host Cisco Cotto has been tapped to take over mornings beginning Jan. 3. KZLS started simulcasting on KQOB at the beginning of this year after the 96.9 signal was leased to Citadel and Cumulus Media for nineteen years. 2023 Audacy, Inc. All rights reserved. On Monday WBBM Newsradio promoted midday news anchor Cisco Cotto to morning drive anchor and anchor/reporter Rob Hart to succeed Cotto as midday anchor, effective January 3. Listen 24/7 for free on Audacy. WBBM Newsradio, on 780 AM and 105.9 FM, is Chicago's source for up-to-the-minute Local News, and Traffic & Weather on the 8's. "As a kid growing up in Aurora, I would record Chicago radio shows on cassette tapes and do the bits for my friends. He has also worked at WIBW-AM in Topeka KS, earning the Kansas Association of Broadcasters (KAB) award for Major Market enterprise reporting in 2016. Contribute to chinapedia/wikipedia.en development by creating an account on GitHub. He has also regularly anchored weekend mornings and has served as a reporter for the station. I know the whole lineup.. I get Symone on the weekend. I look forward to continuing to be a small part of the award-winning news team on WBBM for many years to come, Cotto added. Sunday's comment of the day: Eric Field: What's wrong is now right. Im watching oldDatelines. WBBM Newsradio 780 AM is a leading news and talk radio station in the Chicago area. We cover events. Prior to WFMD, he hosted an afternoon program at News Talk 103.7 FM in Chambersburg, PA. of excellence from the CBS 2 News team. Mai Martinez, former weekend news anchor and reporter at CBS-owned WBBM-Channel 2, has been hired to co-anchor morning news at WBBM 780-AM/WCFS 105.9-FM, the Audacy all-news station. Audio Ink is a trademark of Streamline Publishing, Inc. Log In (Existing Digital Subscriptions Only). I think our listeners are going to love her passion for Chicago, its neighborhoods and its people.". In order to save and manage your favorite stations, please sign up or log in. The City of Chicago shut down the company for operating without a license. Audacy Chicago welcomes market veteran Mai Martinez as morning co-anchor and reporter for All-News simulcast WBBM-AM/WCFS-FM (WBBM Newsradio), effective April 4.In this new role, Martinez will spend much of her time in the field, while also teaming with Cisco Cotto every morning from 6-9am CT. "This is a dream team of two experienced, talented journalists," said Rachel Williamson .