Darwin. And surely in a CNC machined cabinetry shop, shelves for eight cabinets would cost less than a ceramic, counter top basin with a stainless steel, designer tap. Length of entire caravan from tip of drawbar to furtherest point at the caravans rear, Length of entire caravan from furtherest point at the the front to the furtherest point at the rear (with beds popped out), Length from the middle of the front awning arm to the middle of the rear awning arm, Length from furtherest point at the front of the tow vehicle to the furtherest point at the rear of the caravan, Weight of Vehicle + Oil & Fluids + 10L Fuel, Weight of Caravan + Only Factory-fitted Accessories, Maximum Allowable Weight of Car + Caravan, Maximum Allowable Weight the Vehicle Can Tow, Open Length (for vans with pop-out/ slide-out beds), Combination Length (both car + van when hitched up), Parking areas (if theyve got height bars, I wouldnt even attempt it! Buy. If you need some help making sense of caravan weights give Check Weight a call on 0419693975 or email info . Viscount, an iconic Australian caravan name, is back on the road. As his grandson, I can assure you Gordon Cansdale is most definitely NOT dead. The bathroom gets a top-loader washing machine, a cassette toilet and central vanity. Nikki is a dab-hand at interior decor and knocks it out of the park with Van Warro! The move proved to be a very good one indeed, with Viscount Caravans also expanding to other states. I don't have any ideas myself, sorry. Camec windows quality caravan windows built to last. Kit. I have a Viscount Ambassador E976 and was hoping to find the correct year of manufacture. cleaned out for you to create it how you like Inside dimensions 49m x 194m Floor lined with checker plate, walls and. However, one problem was actually pointed out to me by the manufacturer: the water filter cartridge under the sink was blocked by the hot water service. Price froma) 47.000,00. Australia's best source of reviews on caravans, pop tops caravans, motorhomes and vintage RVs. We had a Viscount for years best part of growing up spending time in the caravan. However some friends bought a new Viscount Sports 17ft pop top about a year . Advertisement. Tow Ball 101kg, Capacities Still the best van that I have owned, cant fault it. What's interesting is that I recently saw a caravan handbook from that time and tow vehicle capability was based entirely on engine size and performance, weight wasn't mentioned at all. Sadie. Viscount V1 Caravan - Explorer Caravan Sales Adelaide The most common term used when talking about caravan length is the body length. This is outside length of the body of the caravan, not including the draw bar, rear bar or any accessories. So far no leaks however as far as the counter chipping I found that in our travels some of the push buttons on the cupboard handles vibrate loose and fall on to the counter. We have been living in a V2 for 6 months and towed it for over 5000 km. GEPPS CROSS Trailers & Mobile homes More info. Gordon Cairnsdale was driving John Carrs gold Jenson Interceptor when he had that crash. There are other comforts on board, too. Theres not a single shelf in any of the cabinets anywhere in the van. Go to Trading Post . Position of hot water heater blocks water filter cartridge will be fixed on future models, Id like a 12V point in each bedside niche. Caravans can come in a variety of different sizes, ranging from 10ft right up to 24ft and occasionally even longer. We purchased ours from Bendigo Concept Caravans and I could not speak more highly of them, they walked us through the van and answered every question we had. He was smoking a big cigar and was a friendly and smiling fellow! Maureen says it was initially tough for the family as every spare dollar was ploughed back into the business. Deciding Our Caravan Buying Budget . Thanks very much for the opportunity to feature in the magazine! Our V3, at $54,990, is especially pleasing on that front. No one could have foreseen that just a few years later the company would be on the ropes, desperately struggling to stay in the game. They are metal and quite heavy, hence the chipping. He has those rare skills of integrity, honesty and fairness. Vintage caravan restoration - 1974 Viscount Royal 'Sage' - RV Daily Modern styling and construction are the orders of the day. There are certainly some similarities. The rebuild took a total of 1200 hours over 148 days, from April 30th to September 30th 2020. Actually it was the second caravan wed built. Love your work, nearly finished my 1972 Viscount Supreme. So we think we are lucky only to have few problems which was sorted out over time. The V1 is just 5.5-metres on a single axle with a 4in chassis, while the V3s are six-and-a-half meters long on a six-inch frame. Would buy a caravan when i win lotto ? Most outbound links are affiliate links.We participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. She just happened to charm a farmer passing by the single caravan they had on display at the Royal Adelaide Show. One of my favourites, the Viscount 1968 Ambassador, with its distinctive lightning flash or twin flash design, features in our Winter Collection, and the 1978 Supreme Pop Top, with its fabulous pop-up roof, is part of our Magical Mornings range. Water 157-litres Gas 2 x 9kg Price: . Information about Viscount Caravan. We carry the standard 45mm and 60 mm-wide springs. However, we'll need some information first; this will help us identify the correct parts immediately. His handwriting was so poor he often asked me to complete documents for him.. We have a 2300mm club lounge (which houses the electrical set up, water pump and heater), a 2440mm kitchen bench with 600mm fold-up extension table (a very handy extra surface! In terms of the vans self-sufficiency, you could expect to live comfortable for a few days away from civilisation. In the 1970s when Aussies sang of their love for football, meat pies, kangaroos and Holdens, odds were that close behind the car was a Viscount caravan. Aloha the Caravan is a 1986 Viscount Grand Tourer that has just undergone a fabulous renovation just in time for Christmas holidays! Pull out pantry; Appliances. Check out this used 2014 Swift Ace viscount INC SOLAR AND MOVER for sale in Gloucester, Gloucestershire at Pearman Briggs Caravans Ltd now. The battery is charged exclusively by 2x 250W solar panels on the roof which output around 25A at their peak. Before long, John moved his business to a purpose-built factory, and then when he realised the potential of the caravan market in the eastern states, moved his growing family to Sydney and opened his own operation there (initially in a horse stable!). DIY Caravan Buildlifestylereaders vansrestoration. Probably time to sell now. The GTM is the maximum axle load that your caravan can carry, as specified by the manufacturer. 2009 | 5 berth | L:7290 x W:2231 x H:2700. Knowing all of the various towing weights are the most important caravan dimensions to understand. I also liked the kitchen, with its cooktop well recessed into the bench and gas burners far away from the nearest combustible surface. Over the past 3 years, weve lived almost exclusively off-grid in the Jayco so a good power set up was essential and actually accounted for 10% of our total build cost. many thanks for any response in advance. We have a 1960 Viscount. While the new design doesnt reflect that of the Viscounts of decades ago, the Viscount V3 is a well-priced touring caravan equipped for full-time caravanning or quick weekend getaways. The V3 has a Tare weight of 2280kg, quite reasonable considering its size and spec-level. See more pictures of the Viscount over at. Camec Odyssey wind out caravan windows, easy to install and Australian made. Both the Valiant and Ambassador were re-designed in 1965 with the dynamic new lightning flash on the side. View Photos. Packed with standard features you'd expect from a van priced thousands above, this ensuite van packs a whole lot of punch. The Viscount Caravans brand dates back to the 1950s, when carpenter John Carr and his wife Maureen arrived in Adelaide as British Ten Pound Pom immigrants. Our hot water is heated by the Camec Instantaneous Hot Water system, which heats water directly from the caravans tanks without having a small holding tank built-in. For example: http://vintagecaravans.proboards.com/thread/2038/viscount-caravans-fullarton-cabramatta-dandenong, Millard Caravan Renovations | Caravan Renovation Series, Caravan Kitchen Renovations | Caravan Renovation Series. 977 Viscount Supreme 15ft, and while you can easily tell thats what she is from the outside once you step into her, youd think you were at some island resort and your private butler is about to bring in your arrival cocktails! V1. See less Contact the owners over on their Instagram @penny.caravan for all the details. It was a mammoth day, and I couldnt be more grateful or impressed with Devans work ethic and passion. Each niche has a 240V powerpoint but Id like them to have also have a 12V point. Velzy has the great fortune of being owned by a young family that love getting away in her whenever they can. Jethro the Viscount is a great example of how much difference you can achieve even when youre just making cosmetic changes. Yep, the new Viscount is pretty good. The highly practical V1 layout is the perfect upgrade, or an easy to tow first van. If youd like to read more about the Viscount Caravans, click on the link below: https://www.timetoroam.com.au/viscount-caravans-history/. See more pictures of the Viscount over at @ourvintagecaravan. This includes all passengers, luggage, fuel and accessories. Many popular sizes are available off the shelf. Renovated Viscount Caravan 14"6 Completely renovated inside and out. Its got an innerspring mattress which is of medium softness. 21 V3.1 Cafe (Available with reverse ensuite) 21 V3.4 Club (Reverse ensuite) 21 V3.2 Club. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Used Swift Ace Viscount 2015 touring caravan for sale Trade News from Pearman Briggs (Trade) MOVER INCLUDED. With such prolific manufacturing of the Viscount brand particularly in the 60s and 70s, we find that there are still a lot of Viscount caravans sitting in back yards all around Australia. Size. Another Viscount from our DIY Caravan Renovations post is VanWarro. Discover our luxury caravan model range now! We worked nights and weekends. Thank you both. My old LandCruisers not that willing to get a van this big to 100km/h, but when it did (mostly down hills), it tracked very comfortably. Daniel was most helpful and very patient with us as we asked lots of questions. One of my favourite design ideas in the van is concealing all of the switches, dials and gauges behind a false wall on one end of the couch so that we dont have to see them all the time but they are easily accessible. It has no windows but, perhaps due to the LED lighting and reflective surfaces, it doesnt seem gloomy. But anyone expecting touches of nostalgia, or a throwback to the Viscounts of yore, in the new vans will be disappointed. Enter the caravan model into the search box . Among the other features, the V3 has a Gree reverse-cycle air-conditioner, a microwave built into the overhead kitchen cabinetry, reading lights at the dinette and bed, and a flatscreen TV a swivel-arm bracket is mounted to the forward end of the kitchen. From: $360.00. Top prices paid. Those stripes are iconic. The caravan - $3.3k (a steal from Gumtree) Panel painting - $3.2k (this process isn't cheap but it was worth it, as it's not something we could do ourselves) Decals - under $500. In keeping up with the times, wooden frames became aluminium, oil stoves and iceboxes were upgraded to stoves and electric refrigerators, and electric lighting soon became standard in all vans. And then theres the bathroom. Required fields are marked *. Few caravan brands have the name recognition of Viscount. Ideal for 2 people. Report Ad. Proudly Australian made and Australian owned, Viscount Caravans aims to set the standard for fantastic value luxury caravans with a handpicked selection of quality appliances and fittings. Hi all here, Around the bed head is the stock-standard hanging robes, overhead cabinets and narrow drawers. AustraliaListed.com has classifieds in SOUTH LISMORE, New South Wales for new and used Trailers and Mobile homes. Welcome To Viscount | Viscount Motorhomes And Caravans We love the van and have towed it over 14,000 km in 2 years with no major concerns. Now, this van was unladen at the time, and it does have a fairly light ball weight of 117kg (at Tare) so with some water in the tanks which are both mounted forward of the axles and some gear in the boot, etc., Id expect no issues at all. Family Caravanning in the '70s - HemaX Caravan World Collection in person. Thinking about upgrading your new V1? And shes for hire!! Once completed, the restored Viscount Royal caravan would be their family home for at least the next couple of years as they continue to travel around Australia. A front window hasnt been fitted but, courtesy of the hatch above the bed and two side windows, theres enough natural light in the bedroom. Buyers did come and quickly appreciated the quality and workmanship of John Carrs caravans. I would like to contact you to chat about your memories of Viscount Caravans. Maxium Overall Length is 19 . Instead, niches have been cut into the wardrobes a common layout feature. In addition, we stock other widths that are a little harder to . Then the entire roof was replaced including roof battens and sheeting (which is now aluminium composite board), making space for air-con provisions (although we havent installed that yet), a 700 x 500mm Dometic skylight and a 12v exhaust hatch in the ensuite. Timber framing, while serviceable, is an old way of building vans and has too much potential for trouble, down the track. Posting photos practice area. Yet, with so many measurements and numbers, it can all get rather confusing pretty quickly. Its a vinyl sheet stuck to 3mm acrylic which in turn is siliconed to the wall. I saw no rough edges or unsightly joinery. John was a talented carpenter and both went to work straight away. You could start with #caravanrenovation and then get more specific to search things like: #viscountcaravan #vintagecaravan #vintagecaravanrenovation. Oh when the first knob fell off I just glued all other ones back on, no more problems. . just purchased a viscount 1974 supreme 16 foot couple weeks ago. Complete this quick survey. I slept quite well on it. With her wooden window frames, Penny really stands out as something special. Switch to the light mode that's kinder on your eyes at day time. According to Dunn, Cairnsdale had been a crucial partner in the business, working with Carr to make it successful. Caravan Sales. https://www.timetoroam.com.au/viscount-caravans-history/. With extensive help from Dave at Huntsman Products in Victoria, we now have a 2.5T rated roller rocker suspension system with 10 electric brakes. Brand new cushions covers Queen size mattress (used once) New vinyl flooring New sink tap Painted interior and exterior New storage cupboards bench tops All ready to go away in. Thank u for the memories x. Hi. This amazing little Viscount had been in the family for quite some time in its original condition. This was a very detailed job involving both strip out, repairs and re sheeting, removing all windows and trims for resealing and custom . She was previously named Tenalach, but now shes known as Luna, and is a luxurious home-away-from home for this young family of four. Still confused ? The cabinetry is constructed of 15mm CNC-cut lightweight ply finished in glossy laminate. Once you move the door, all the external cladding needed to be replaced, which meant we could then also move all the windows to exactly the right spots (although this was a bit of guesswork at the start as we didnt have exact dimensions of everything at this point in time). There are three Vs to the new Viscount range, largely separated by length and chassis dimentions. Salty is another Viscount van that has been lovingly revamped into a perfect family holiday home. would any one be able to help me out on how to read the full story please TIA, Can someone please tell me how to get a Manual for my 1998 Gazal Champion Caravan, I want to do it up but dont know all the specs. Viscount Grand Tourer 1990 - AUDRV Always adopting new innovations, Viscounts were known for their large, curved wraparound corner windows, as well as their aluminium cladding, referred to as Duralvans. One of the reasons Im putting this caravan renovation series together, is to bring together a group of people that can help each other and so that you can find answers to some of those tricky questions. KTDC Caravan Tourism | KTDC Packages | Keravan Kerala Competition was strong between the now 60-odd manufacturers, with each company attempting to produce superior caravans. Viscount V1 Caravan Walkthrough - Explorer Caravan Sales Adelaide You can see more of Daisy and her family over on Instagram: @ourlittletribe_. VISCOUNT CARAVANS V1 RANGE - aussierv.com.au Presents for all the kids . GoRV Media Group. Max Taylor has been caravanning since he was a kid and was the editor of some of Australia's most well-known RV publications for almost 10 years. If anyone can help I would be very grateful as I am re-registering it, having brought it back to repair, clean, refurbished, serviced and roadworthy. RIP. 3x 110L for drinking & showering, and 1x 110L grey tank. Yes still loving the van. Some of them are even for hire, so thats a great way to really see how the renovations look! Length: 6,835mm. When it comes to understanding caravan length, there are actually six different measurements to take into account. ), full-size double bed, full-size single bunks, 128L Thetford 3-way fridge, Dometic 4 burner gas cooktop with grill and integrated oven, 900mm x 800mm ensuite with Thetford bench toilet and shower above. Buy ACE Caravans and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! Springs for Trailers & Caravans, 45mm to 60mm Leaf and Coil GoRV is the country's premier recreational vehicle media group. At this stage, I cant give any in-depth information on that model. With both water tanks full (theyre forward of the axle) and some gear in the forward tunnel boot, the ball weight increases enough to steady it. We have a 2300mm club lounge (which houses the electrical set up, water pump and heater), a 2440mm kitchen bench with 600mm fold-up extension table (a very handy extra surface! Storage and practicality were the key ingredients that went into the design of the Viscount V3 range, which gives customers the option to choose from either a club lounge or a cafe dinette seating. We have a 17foot triple bunk Viscount. There could definitely be some work done prioritising features (shelves before washing machines), but otherwise its backed by a company with a great reputation and sold at a great price. The new Premium V3 takes the concept a step further. (this included sewing all the curtains and cushion covers myself). Proudly Australian made and Australian owned, Viscount Caravans aims to set the standard for fantastic value luxury caravans with a handpicked selection of quality appliances and fittings. With the option of a caf dinette or club lounge, the toilet or shower on either side of the van, or the . roads. Many families would have fond memories of foreshore holidays in a Viscount and, indeed, many of these vans remain on the road. This rear-door single axle caravan hits the market as one of the most competitively priced ensuite caravans available. The base lifts up and underneath youll find the 100ah battery and 25amp charger. His name was Frederick Kirk. Shes had a schmick exterior paint job, her insides have been completely gutted and redone, and now she looks smart and sexy. Double doored, I was expecting the freezer to be at the bottom, but thats actually a pull-out drawer for tall bottles and the like (they wont fit in the door trays), while the freezer is up top. Good condition but needs a respray on some parts of the outside. All that said, I fall back on my answer to question two. Our exclusive Australian designs, fun colours and great quality set us apart from other brands, and we know that our products will bring you joy and brighten your day. Handcrafted to stand out above the rest, the WILD SHARK Range includes all of the standard features of the Viscount V-Series, plus more. WEIGHTS AND MEASURES. great van every thing works well cabinet handles work loose and so heavy ideal to screw a bolt in knob and use them for sinkers, then replace them with something lighter maybe viscount could organize, Have a V2 same problem with doors put some glue fixed the problem also put shelves in plenty of room now The V2 is purely an on-road van, though. Not long after that, the former junior accountant was appointed managing Director of Viscount Industries. Caravans can come in a variety of different sizes, ranging from 10ft right up to 24ft and occasionally even longer. At the height of its popularity, the late 1970s, it was by a wide margin the biggest selling caravan brand in Australia.