iX3 here is standard leather only, with no leatherette option. Lieutenant General . Possibly you see yourself in some position of authority where you have the ability to silence those who you find yourself in disagreement with. Probably ordering a car this week. Sensatec vs Vernasca??? The salesman said i would have no problem with it. When it comes to pricing the Dakota leather is costlier than the sensatec leather option because it the process of tanning leather can be quite tedious. Vacuum your Vernasca leather regularly using the soft brush attachment. It truly is a shame these responses are so juvenile, and even more of a shame the poster doesn't see how condescending the remarks are to others. Putting in a special order on an X5 45e in the next week. "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, but works good.". I actually think Sensatec feels softer. the X3M40, so it must be preferred by others than me and considered "premium enough" by some. I'm sure Sensatec is more durable but I wouldn't go with it. Does anyone know about the M Badging on the headrests on the i4 M50? Vernasca leather is a premium quality leather thats been treated with a special tanning process that makes it more resistant to wear and tear. You should also test the product on a small area of the upholstery before using it on the entire seat. It can be expensive, it requires more maintenance than other materials, and it isnt always the most breathable option. Vernasca is real leather. I loved the oyster vernasca seats but after reading a bit i . & Alum trim, Premium, M797 Bi-Color, Shadowline & HK Audio. This is because it has more pores being leather and this makes it more comfortable to seat on. I'm likely to order an i4 this week. Im taking about the insert and arm rest/grab detailing, not door caps. Dakota is made from animal hides with the grain corrected. Appreciate the feedback! Hi, no idea on how Sensatec will be, but I am also going with it. It used to look/feel cheap in older model BMW's but the Sensatec in the G20 is virtually distinguishable from leather. It is an option on both the leather and sensatec (and in some markets already included). Everybody wins. The highest leather type used on BMW cars is the Merino leather. Personally, I'd have no problems going with Sensatec if that's what you like. Since sensatec has the passenger lumbar deleted but vernasca does not, it seems there may be differences in the seats themselves. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I couldn't really find a PHEV I loved and I didn't want to go Tesla as I just don't like the design at all, although the range was appealing!. Get our latest news straight into your inbox. I'm posting this in the general discussion because it's more about BMWs Sensatec vs Vernasca leather. It can't be tanned: 4. It's 1650 more since you don't . On the positive side is you can customize the leather as you wish with multiple colors and grain varieties. iTrader: ( 0) Sensatec is plastic. Leather vs. Sensatec | BMW i4 Forum Ethically some people do prefer Sensatec leather as opposed to Dakota as it does not involve murdering of animals but if you are okay with it, Dakota leather is an excellent option. Why do my opinions cause you such an obvious degree of anger which is well demonstrated by your need to make personal attacks on my character and preferences. When you purchase your new BMW you will be faced with various leather options depending on the model. Merino leather is a type of natural leather that is made from the hide of a sheep. In conclusion, BMW Vernasca Leather is one of the best options available to you. Canberra Beige Vernasca Leather (X5 M50i only) Coffee Vernasca Leather (X5 M50i only) Cognac Vernasca Leather (X5 M50i only) Ivory White Merino Leather (X5 M50i only) Sakhir Orange/Black Merino Leather; Adelaide Grey Merino Leather; Trauma Brown Merino Leather; Black Merino Leather; Ivory White/Night Blue Merino Leather; Interior Trim: Carbon Fiber At least in the US, on the current X7, Sensatec is the base seating material, not Vernasca leather. Ive had MBTex in my GLC for the last few years and also found it to hold well and be comfortable. Thoughts? It is also easy to clean. If you want leather, I'd rather move up to Merino. I refuse to believe that the tensile strength of a PVC / PU fabric can be better than leather. SensaTec is the only available option for BMW seats that is not leather. This material is designed to provide the look and feel of leather without the high price tag. Orr BMW Shreveport - COFFEE VERNASCA LEATHER - Facebook Now if they could just fix the passenger lumbar delete--inexcusable at this level. Sensatec is not real leather but rather synthetic. Some higher-end M models come with it and most Individual leather options are made from the stuff as well. As mentioned above, youre looking at the wrong area. Dakota leather is pricier due to the long process of tanning leather. Home Types of Leather BMW Vernasca Leather: Everything You Should Know. The leather also prevents it from retaining high amounts of heat. Rep. 11,701. So its worth knowing which leathers have which qualities, as that knowledge allows you to determine which BMW leather is worth the upgrade. What leather does BMW use? Is it real? [ Detailed Answer ] Be advised that selecting SensaTec will limit you to the standard 481 16-way adjustable Sport seats with 488 Lumbar support. Moreover, Vernasca leather is more resistant to staining and scratching, while BMW Sensatec is more resistant to fading. It would be nice to have a black and white answer on this but it seems everybody has a very different take on each material. Sensatec vs Vernasca leather W/ blue stitch : r/BMW - reddit "Practicing your craft in expert fashion is noble, honorable, and satisfying. The only difference is you don't have the leather smell. Home Know Your Leather: Here are the different types of BMW Leather Options. In higher BMW models there are higher grades of leather but not in BMW 2 or 3/4 Series. Entry-level BMWs dont get real leather as-standard kit. The leather option offers full grain, semi-aniline, un-split leather type. Then I was made aware of the i4 and simply love it and the big bonus is the range! Alcantara is technically lighter than leather and breathes much better than the cheaper car leathers (like Dakota and Vernasca). Sensatec has really come a long way. It actually feels and looks like real leather and you may not be able to tell the difference from the real one. There are a few remedies on the market that you can use to care for your BMWs leather upholstery:if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'leatherprofy_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_5',115,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-leatherprofy_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0'); When it comes to choosing the right product to care for your BMWs leather upholstery, it is important to read the labels carefully. From what I have been reading, it looks like leather and might even last longer. I had Dakota in my 2018 230i, and felt that was OK but was fairly hard and not supple. It is quite durable, has a nice grainy texture and almost fully biodegradable. Insane Color Changing BMW: How Does It Work? I must say its been the nicest surprise so far. Starts at $52,800; leather adds $1,450. 'For all the cows': Why automakers are embracing 'vegan' leather The advantage to Vernasca leather is that it is easier to maintain and clean, and you should only wash it with water when necessary. Dakota Leather: Sensatec Leather: 1. The highest priced leather option for BMWs is the Merino leather. This will remove dirt and debris that can cause wear and tear. Instead, they get a synthetic leather called Sensatec. I have heard complaints on this forum about sensatec being uncomfortable on long drives and am not surprised to hear that given that sensatec isnt a living material like leather that can change and slacken over time. Aesthetics is one of the important factors to consider when choosing between BMW Sensatec and Vernasca leather. Avoid using harsh cleaners or anything with abrasives, as this can damage the material. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Vernasca is real leather. Its an iX3, but that shouldnt make a difference? Both my E46 Coupes had gray leather which I loved, my 2018 230i had Black leather.. was stark & not exciting. . I had a loaner X2 with Sensatec seats (my X3 has leather). In the UK, the Oyster colour option hada split dash colour pre LCI, but on the LCI, it's now all black, so this may depend on your country, so don't depend on pictures from other counties, as the BMW config for your market is most likely correct. I have the Vernasca Leather which is standard in my '21 M50i and it is more than. However, its still available on cars with Roundels, so were counting it. This is because Dakota leather is natural leather and as such has is more porous. BMW uses two different types of leather in their cars: Sensatec and Vernasca. Sensatec is plastic. However, it can still suffer from wear and tear over time. Sensatec is going to be more durable. Due to their heavy finishes, theyre also quite durable and dont require too much maintenance to retain their looks. Sounds like both options are good, and up to personnal preference. The Sensatec is used in most entry-level BMWs while the Dakota leather can be found in mid-priced BMWs like the 5-series where it the standard leather option. Since it does not breathe easily, synthetic leather can become very hot. After 4 years the surface was tearing apart in specific spots, such as the location where your elbow rests in the door panel, the side bolsters, eDrive40 Skyscraper Grey - Business pack, Innovation pack, Comfort pack, DAPP, M sport steering and suspension, etc Have had Dakota/Vernasca on 2 X3s ('15, '20). Can anyone comment on the comfort of sensatec vs vernasca seats--not necessarily the covering, but are the seats themselves different. Appreciate 0 Tweet. It was first introduced in 2001 and has been used in many of their vehicles since. Aesthetics. Except, maybe the fish. Comparing BMW Vernasca leather vs. Sensatec leather, you would find the former a better choice since Sensatec leather is synthetic. I'm limited in my selection as this is a company vehicle and cannot modify too much as it takes me over my threshold. The leather comes with artificial dyes and finishes and you will find it embossed with grain to make it look natural. Otherwise, all BMWs come with leather seats; however, there are various leather types that you can choose from, including Dakota, Vernasca, Nappa, and Merino.