He himself said:Of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. Featherstone spoke on the importance of temple attendance in the last dispensation, when "Satan has unleashed every evil." He was also quoted as saying, "I believe we may well have living on the earth now, or very soon, the boy or babe who will be the prophet of the Church when the Savior comes. Can passion be selected? Thomas Edison said, Geniuses themselves dont talk about the gift of genius. The darkest clouds in the history of the world are on the horizon.3. The Divine Gift of the Spirit - Brigham Young University-Idaho He came to a class, a very large class, and sat in the middle of the back row, where surely no one would call him to answer questions or do anything. I hope you feel about that story the way I am trying to convey it to you. There is enough water in it to prime the pump, but not if you drink some first. It is okay not to know, its okay that Elder McConkie didnt know, he just simply speculated. We lived off my husbands income, and I managed his affairs for him at home. 9. You want to let him know that you just cant take any more, that youve had your limit of pressure.. But were Featherstones remarks intended as aprophecy? This is a great life, and it is a marvelous time to live. You know, she continued, I believed that prayer was a one-way street. 2 Years of Service and 10 Years of Experience with Happy Clients / Customers. Vaughn J Featherstone: used books, rare books and new books I can name every single one, and there are hundreds of them in the woods around our house. I dont care what the handicaps are that you think are so severe; you can overcome them. Yes, I love them. Fixed: Release in which this issue/RFE has been fixed.The release containing this fix may be available for download as an Early Access Release or a General Availability Release. Id have given anything, but they still wouldnt come. vaughn j featherstone excommunicated I was afraid of failure, which could compound itself eventually into total retreat from reality. He was 87. I would run over there very early and sit down close to the front before anybody got there. Charity is the pure love of Christ, when you dont mind being embarrassed, when all you can think about is the good of the people. And so I said, Very good, Spike, Id like to. So I went over to Primary with him, and after I had been there a short time, a year or so, I remember noticing a little box the Primary leaders checked off to show whether you were baptized or not. We need to remember a great phrase by President Hugh B. He has been a general authority of the church since 1972. jaime jaquez injury . I believe, you see, that what King Arthur went through was a terrible thing. Featherstone spoke on the importance of temple attendance in the last dispensation, when "Satan has unleashed every evil." He was also quoted as saying, "I believe we may well have living on the earth now, or very soon, the boy or babe who will be the prophet of the Church when the Savior comes. As they walked along the banks of these rivers, they saw beautiful white sands and the old Arab guide told story after story, kind of like a modern-day barber. Did Elder Featherstone believe he had apersonal revelation on the timing of the Second Coming? Vaughn Featherstone, is that you? Resolved: Release in which this issue/RFE has been resolved. They talk about hard work and long hours. He also said, Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration. Michelangelo said, If people knew how hard I work to get my mastery, it wouldnt seem so wonderful at all. And Paderewski said, A genius? Pray with all your strength for it; So they went out and dug in the sands nearby, and with almost every shovelful of sand, they turned up more diamonds. She stood by us and was our great defender in those bitter years. I put my feet back under the bench. I threw my arms around her and said, Id give anything in the world to have had you there with us this morning. She just couldnt make it. I guess he noticed this, because all of a sudden he took his turban off and waved it around to get my attention, but I just ignored him. Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone an emeritus General Authority, former temple president, and beloved youth leader died Saturday night at his home in Bountiful, Utah. 1980 seems too soon and 1997 too late. Vaughn J. Featherstone's - Interpreter Foundation Provo, Utah 84602. He said, This story I save for my particular friends. Then he told me this story: In ancient Persia there was a man by the name of Ali Hafid who owned orchards, gardens, and fields of grain. VAUGHN J. FEATHERSTONE-The Man of Christ - IMDb Vaughn J. Featherstone - Bibliography - List of Talks John E. Enslen, Journal Manuscript, January 25, 2010, in possession of author. He was often open about these beliefs in away in which others might have been more cautious. He died a couple of years ago. [Featherstone] wanted to make sure that it was good to go for the time capsule, so he sent acopy to Salt Lake, and the Brethren said, Great. When Montemayor speaks of Church headquarters, he is referring to the Church History Library, which does in fact house acopy of the letter. Vaughn J. Featherstone - Unionpedia, the concept map shelved 790 times Showing 20 distinct works. Not really. What of their pain and their torment? ), 15. Did they ask for this calamity? Elder Featherstones testimony, however, was really founded when he was fifteen years old. In 1972 he was called to the Presiding Bishopric, where he served for four years before being called as a general authority seventy and presiding over the Texas San Antonio Mission. For the first ten days of that course, we could not say one word. When you git watered up, fill the bottle and put it back like you found it for the next feller. Copies have been in circulation for many years, and the letter has similarities to other statements that Elder Featherstone made during his ministry.14John Enslen recalls its being read in ameeting in the mid-1980s. Collected copies of the white horse prophecy, circa 19021970, Church History Library. We will baptize people in the tens of thousands. In 1995, Iwas given acopy of this statement, then titled AHaven in aWorld of Turmoil, dated June1987, as part of aphotocopied packet with various statements on the last days. The ushers started coming down the aisle, they got to our row, and everybody got up and left. Featherstone spoke on the importance of temple attendance in the last dispensation, when Satan has unleashed every evil. He was also quoted as saying, Ibelieve we may well have living on the earth now, or very soon, the boy or babe who will be the prophet of the Church when the Savior comes. As I made my way back to my seat, no one wanted to look at me because they didnt want to embarrass me. vaughn j featherstone excommunicated Although Ido not know the time, Ilook forward to the Lords coming.26. I can spot any bird that flies, and I can tell you what it is, and I can tell you what color it is. You should be extremely wary of anyone who claims to be an exception to divine decree.27, Though Ihave questioned the significance VaughnJ.Featherstones letter should play into our sense of the nearness of last days events, that does not mean we dont have reason to prepare and enthusiastically look forward to the Lords return. Cant you ask one of the other kids? Vaughn J. Featherstone was both a physical and spiritual giant who taught others key gospel principles such as tithing through his own quiet example, he added. She answered, No, I really dont. The tears came a little faster then, and I wanted to say, Would you like me to give you a blessing? but I dared not do it. After his senior year, he had earned enough money in that business to come to BYU. He went to the door and knocked. The Vaughn J. Featherstone Letter About the Second Coming Well, I thought you had on horn-rimmed glasses and a plastic nose!, I said, No, thats my nose. And then I said, I have one advantage over you: I take one breath and it lasts me all day., After hearing that story, quite a few of the seminary leaders came up to shake hands. You swim and you swim farther, and you finally get there, but he always pulls it away. He just cannot believe that anyone cant succeed if he wants to succeed. In other words, he believed he really did know, but he wouldnt phrase it that waya wise course. President Vaughn J. Featherstone promised if members of the Church would spend half a day in the Temple each month the following blessings would result: 1. Both Lund and McConkie, however, acknowledge the problems of assuming we can pinpoint when the Millennium would begin. I think thats a great concept: others must be able to see some vision out ahead. Featherstone was born in Stockton, Tooele County, Utah. Doug asked, Whats going on here?, The driver answered, I guess this guy doesnt like blacks. The taxi driver slowed down, and the bus went on down the street. Emmawas born on October 18 1909, in Mammoth, Juab, Utah. If neither poverty nor cold nor famish nor gaunt What I am trying to do is help you to realize that you have your own acres of diamonds. by Vaughn J Featherstone . Iam not interested in refuting this idea, but it is based on aspeculative calculation of scripture rather than an independent revelation. So the fellow behind him shouted out the window, Move the trash can, pilgrim!. 218 University Press Building As the earths crust cooled, that which cooled most rapidly was granite; less rapidly, copper; then silver, gold, and last of all diamonds. And the priest said to Ali Hafid, If you had a diamond as big as your thumb, you could buy this whole country. Theres a crazy man at the door talking to our father. (I was eighteen at the time.) But bless that great champions heart. He wanted to be baptized, and his mother was supportive. por el obispo Vaughn J. Featherstone Segundo Consejero en el Obispado Presidente. People Projects Discussions . A Wise and Understanding Heart. I guess I could share with you a personal story. This is the letter: This pump was all right as of June 1932. We didnt say anything for ten days. If you could hear Douglas Snarr talk today, you would find that he speaks about as fast as I do, and I speak very fast. I had to go. I turned to the man and said, Youre no good! Then I turned and left. He was so overcome by the Spirit that when he finished the book, he recalls, All I could do was kneel down and thank the Lord for my testimony, because then I knew the gospel was true.. The woman I was talking to said, You know, Doug, youve got a great story to tell. Her father came to the door and said, What do you want, young man?, Douglas explained how he felt at the time: I tried to say what I wanted, but I couldnt. As I heard this story, I thought in my heart, Dear God, please, everything is riding on this interview. He did not have opportunity to attend college, nor could he serve a full-time mission due to the Korean War and subsequent one-missionary-per-ward policy. Youll git water; the well has never run dry. Sexuality and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Vaughn J. Featherstone's Atlanta Temple Letter - FAIR When authors state that items come from the Church or Church Headquarters or Salt Lake one does have to be cautious because that is often a way to sneak something past the unwary or give them an air of authority they do not actually possess. You can overcome the problem and someday youll speak as I am speaking. I started to cry because somebody had told me I didnt have to live with the problem I had. What have other recent general authorities suggested about knowing the timing of the Second Coming? Im done with feeble hoping. His parents divorced when he was growing up . God bless each one of you, I pray from the depths of my soul as I ask a blessing upon you, in the name of Jesus Christ. Not one of them looked at me. Maybe their noses are bigger, or maybe their ears are a little bigger. I didnt have a college education, and I have been embarrassed about it. vaughn j featherstone excommunicated He wanted that kind of conviction for himself, so he began seriously reading the Book of Mormon. In fact, these include documents critical of the Church and others that have been repudiated by Church leaders. Nor sickness of pain to body or brain can turn you away from the aim Oh, I think about birds all the time, he answered. I think what Im trying to say is that even if we have problems we can be attractive. I wouldnt dare tell you, Ill teach you how to live with it, because you would say, as Doug Snarr did, Youre no good! I dont like that answer. Brown: No matter how dark the night, the dawn is irresistible. I want to tell you there are times when that gives me a great deal of hope, because the dawn must come. Juli 2022 One of President RussellM.Nelsons key messages to the Saints seems to be the significance of the Restoration leading to the Second Coming. It is our charge it is our privilege to help prepare the world for that day.28, Filed Under: Doctrine, LDS Culture, LDS History, Perspective, Prophets. All of a sudden Carol came down the spiral staircase in a beautiful dress and said, Well, Daddy, thats Douglas Snarr. He had had BYU and Utah State University and the University of Utah check it out. It is simply not an approved publication of the Church and its contents are only the opinions of the author, even though he be a general authority. Strength and sagacity; faith, hope, and confidence, stern pertinacity; Iwould suggest the most likely explanation for Elder Featherstones assumption that the twenty-first century readers of his letter would have lived through the Second Coming was that he shared the belief of Elder McConkie and Elder Lund that the seventh seal would open in 2000 CE and that it would not be much longer before the Second Coming occurred. If Ali Hafid had stayed home and dug in his own fields, he would have had acres of diamonds. He loved the youth and especially loved Scouting; he stayed physically active throughout his life and was even a qualified professional river rafting guide. As a giant tide came in between the Pillars of Hercules, unable to resist the terrible temptation, he threw himself into the incoming tide and sank beneath the crestnever to rise again in this life. to me, or to our Table? Post author: Post published: 22/06/2022 Post category: wireshark filter list of ip addresses Post comments: difference between mikasa v200w and v300w difference between mikasa v200w and v300w July 4, 2022 salaire chez tesla francedispensary manager job descriptiondispensary manager job description She didnt give up on us; she stuck with us. Just keep serving, and in due time things will take place. Your parents were married in the temple, and so you are born in the covenant. I dashed over to church half an hour early, and it worked. He told me this story, and I asked him if I could lift part of it because I think it might help you understand the message I have for you. The pressure was absolutely intense. Learn more about the role of the Holy Ghost in your pursuit of truth and how to become a more self-reliant gospel learner. He would continue to do so all through her life. Get personalized recommendations, and learn where to watch across hundreds of streaming providers. When I arrived, I rang the doorbell, and a man came to the door with his little girl right behind him. The author expresses his gratitude to John E. Enslen for allowing him access to his personal journal. I cant tell you how embarrassed I was. What if in five years and six months you get pregnant, and then you have this child? After I was married, my husband was called to be a seventy. Featherstone takes for granted the fact that the Second Coming would have occurred by the time these future Saints had read A person nearby saw him and asked, Whats the matter? Ican see temples in Charlotte, Columbia, Birmingham, Jackson, Nashville, and in Louisiana and Arkansas. 27. Were proud. Vaughn J. Featherstone | Beggar's Bread The family would gather together and say, Lets go to bed. As it did, it went through other fog banks, and the dew settled on the earth, and the crust began to form. We started speaking slowly, but then we picked up pace. Then he laid his hands on my head, and he told me something that I didnt know until that day. Then my second brother came along, and I supported him on his mission. I guess the Lord knew that I had had all the pressure I could possibly take, that I couldnt take one particle more of pressure. That isnt so. I have come to love him just because of his story. I want to talk to him. Finally the bus driver opened the door, and the policeman went in to talk to the driver and the people on the bus. This is all Ive done all my life. I think youre getting the message. Books by Vaughn J. Featherstone The Incomparable Christ: Our Master and Model Vaughn J. Featherstone $ 4.19 - $ 4.69 Repentance Vaughn J. Featherstone $ 4.69 - $ 4.79 Charity Never Faileth Vaughn J. Featherstone $ 3.99 The Aaronic Priesthood and You Vaughn J. Featherstone Out of Stock Man of Holiness Vaughn J. Featherstone $ 4.69 - $ 4.79 But it was irresistible; they had to look. To give up your peace and your sleep and your time for it; We will take you home tonight. When I went to church I would sit with both feet flat on the floor; I didnt want to raise one leg and have someone see Quaker Oats across the bottom of my shoe. And God have mercy on us all. Then they took this girl, after they had the picture of her before, and obtained the finest clothes that money could buy for her. To have the privilege of having lunch with him was something very exciting to me, and we arranged to have dinner a week from this Friday, so my wife and I are going to have the privilege of spending more time with him and finding out more about him. When any man holds twixt hand and chin a violin of mine, he will be glad that Stradivari lived, made violins, and made them of the best. Then pour in the rest medium-fast and pump like crazy! Would you mind charging fifty pounds of flour, a bucket of lard, some side pork, and a few things? vaughn j featherstone excommunicated Youve been married five years. Id go off to church that way, and everything was fine until those shoes wore out. His teacher said, Well, my goodness, Timmy, youre a genius!, A genius is someone who knows a great deal about one thing.. I see it in their eyes and feel it when they speak, and they must pay for it and be punished. But while neither Inor any other man knows when He will come, there are some things that Ido know and that knowledge comes from the scriptures, and the testimony of its truth comes by the power of the Holy Ghost. [1] His parents divorced when he was growing up. Prime the pump with it, and youll git all you can hold. Then he said, Id like to give you a blessing also. I didnt ask for the blessing; he just volunteered it. This generation will face trials and troubles that will exceed those of their pioneer forebears. In 1 Kings, chapter 3, we read, And Solomon said, Thou hast shewed unto thy servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that . vaughn j featherstone excommunicated. I didnt want tolive withthe problem! The reason I tell it in the temple is that the General Authorities can see right into me. No portion of this site may be reproduced without the express written consent of The Foundation for Apologetic Information and Research, Inc. Any opinions expressed, implied, or included in or with the goods and services offered by FAIR are solely those of FAIR and not those of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Somebody else said, Nighttime demands from the overburdened soul the things that daylight denies.. The letter is addressed to twenty-first century members of the Church and is written with the expectation that these future Saints will have been alive for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. It doesnt matter what the problems are; we can overcome any of them if we just understand that we are creations of God, and each of us is somebody. Description. Nobody knows who the Angel was and thats okay. Ive never had the Lord throw out a lifebuoy to me, let me swim toward it, and just as I got there pull it away from me. He said, I just suggest you get married. So I did, and we have this lovely family. It happens. This letter is included in the same collection as the VaughnJ.Featherstone letter. So I think we ought to stop worrying and being concerned about those things. Why, at that very instant God had been answering her prayer, but she didnt even know it. KGF Associates It is assumed that Church History Library patrons would be aware that documents housed at the Church History Library did not necessarily hold aChurch endorsement. Isnt it satisfactory? My two sisters got married, and then all the family was raised. With a camel train they went down the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.