Joseph Maskell/Dr. When we were working a murder case like the one with Sister Cathy, a 12-hour day was strictly routine.. Father Joseph Maskell was exhumed from his Baltimore grave on February 28 to have his DNA tested against evidence found next to Sister Cathy Cessnik's body in . Its more than 25 times the average of other developed countries. . I think I can begin to live with that more easily now than I did two months ago, just loving you . Koob passed two separate lie-detector tests soon after the murder. Once the Aer Lingus plane landed in Dublin International Airport, Dr. Thomas Maskell, clinical psychologist was quickly waved through both Customs and Immigration controls, as would most American passengers, coming in as tourists from Boston, Massachusetts or any other American City. But that time is soon coming to an end. spoles@juno.com. I also believe the fact that the catholic church is disgusting because they choose to cover up and conceal crimes like this because it makes the church look bad! Also information on safe places to stay, that may be of interest to Clerical travellers, such as bars, hotels, and gay saunas. On May 19, Netflix released its latest true-crime documentary series, The Keepers, which introduced the world to the potential corruption at the Catholic . Joseph Maskell, would most weeks say Catholic Mass as a Catholic Priest, in different rural areas of the Ferns Dioceses, something he insisted on doing. Testimony clearly suggests that Billy and Ronnie Schmidt were in Cathy and Russells apartment early in the evening of November 7. He knew how to detect and manipulate the vulnerable childs vulnerabilities, ruthlessly. The Bishop of Ferns at the time was. Koob says that there were no indications that a struggle had taken place in the Ford. Understandably, police investigators and newspaper reporters were intensely interested in the possibility that there might be some connection between the two killings, and their speculations were often reported on the front page in Baltimore. I never knew you. So it would seem that just because someone tells you that they are a Christian, it doesnt necessarily make them one, not in the true sense. I came from a devout Catholic family. They also confirmed that they had called Bud Roemer in October 2003 and discussed the case with him. After watching the documentary, it seems to me that the person who murdered Sister Cathy could have been Maskells brother, who was a policeman or another cop who he recruited who also was involved in raping these young girls. Was there something more to Cathy and Russell than what is (or sint, actually) being discussed? losing the depositions of the women who came forward in the 90s, losing the records Maskell had buried in the cemetery, the chief sex crimes prosecutor claiming there was nothing in those records to use against him, the list goes on and on. Dr. Thomas Maskell knew he was safe to travel from Baltimore to Ireland, and if the alarm was raised, he knew that the Baltimore Police would issue an International alert for a Catholic Priest, with the name of. Make no mistake,Fr. Once in Dublin City, Dr. Thomas Maskell, was able to contact a network of fellow Priests who could help him, with accommodation, food, work and money if he needed it. The Antidepressants were used to treat depression, anxiety in the vulnerable children. In fact, every Catholic Priest in every country accused and convicted of rape or murder of children always received their Church Salaries, regardless, even those Catholic Priests in Prison. A hole like thatit looks to me like it couldve been made with a ball-peen hammer.He paused for a moment, as he recalled the still unsolved murder of Sister Catherine Ann Cesnik, whose body was discovered 35 years ago this month. In his position as a Clinical Psychologist, Dr. Thomas Maskell was paid by the Catholic Church, his salary, home and office expenses were paid and he was in a unique position to manipulate the vulnerable children, that would be sent to him at the recommendation of say the local medical doctor, the local Priest or Bishop, as a first choice. What a shallow, womanising and uncaring Being up there. BALTIMORE (WJZ) -- In the 60s and 70s, Father Joseph Maskell, a counselor at Archbishop Keough High School, was accused of molesting dozens of students mostly women. His team of sleuths had completely missed this aspect of the investigation. For it is under the cover of teaching salvation that millions young and innocent children were RAPED, over the ages, by the CHOSEN few God selected to be His shepherds on earth! He served the Archdiocese of Baltimore as a counselor from 1965 to 1994. It is the saddest story I have ever watched. After several more hours of conversation, they later told detectives, they decided to take a walk around the neighborhood in order to calm their nerves. No one ever know the power of within myself. Resorting to sarcasm is simply a form of intelligence deficiency as well as ad hominem. I just hope it comes before everyone dies off or gets too old to remember. I do not think Sister Russell was involved-she could hardly even speak about it and I feel like that was from FEAR. Father Maskell loved to ride around in our police cars, and more than once he rode with me. Make sure youre on the right side of the line when it does. These did not match, nor has a match been found . I was thinking about guys back then always talking about lesbians just needs to be with a real man. (Did anybody check to see if either Sister Russell or Billy Schmidt was missing a rug from their apartments?) Monsignor Michel Ledwith resigned suddenly as President of St. Patrick's College, Maynooth,, Irelands main Seminary, after being accused of sexually raping Seminarian Students. List of the Magdalene Laundries in Ireland, Mother and Baby Homes, Industrial Schools of Ireland. That didnt make any difference to me, of coursethat was their business. I just want you to know, at one point you think people wont agree but I know I see it in your eyes. cbp ofo uniform wear policymarketing local e individual. They have no qualms about using the church or any other strong organization that might be available to them. For example there was a well known one operating out of the capital City of Dublin. We are devolved because people in power corrupted us and used a book to keep us under their thumb. I hope we can get closure on Sister Cathy, before I go to meet my maker., Story courtesy of BALTIMORE SUN/City Paper. Whether he assessed any children or teens during his time in Ireland. We know this because you only have to read the Fern Report to see and understand what was going on. There, he said, he came across a letter Cesnik had written to the priest on Nov. 3, only a few days before she disappeared. There were still strong family links with other Maskell family members, like Aunts, Uncles and bus loads of Cousins, in the West Country. No. Im curious if he was ever connected to Mascall. My period has finally arrived, ten days late. Joseph Maskell didnt do what most Irish American would do if coming to Ireland for the first time, look up Irish connections and places of their Parents Fr. Excellent Netflix Documentary. For starters, Roemer was surprised to discover that the nuns roommateSister Helen Russell Phillipshad not called the police after becoming alarmed when Cesnik failed to return from the brief shopping trip by 11 p.m. of website (they approve all sites), for more info simply Today's 3,000+ jobs in Doln Beneov, Moravia-Silesia, Czechia. One former student later recounted in aCity Paperinterview how she had gone to Cesnik for help after being abused by a priest at Keough, but the most startling evidence comes from now-retired Sister Mary Florita, a former School Sisters of Notre Dame teaching nun. They knew back in the 1960s when the one guys mother went to the diocese so this could have been prevented and Sister Cathy could be alive. Id been working homicide for about 10 years when Sister Cathy was killed, Roemer said, and Id never heard of a random killing where the stranger who kills you carefully returns your car to your apartment house. Im all curled up in bed. Father Anthony Joseph Maskell, switching into Dr. Thomas Maskell started to look for a safe place to both work and live and the most connections he had was for Wexford in the South East of Ireland. 1. Menu. He was struggling with diabetes, he said, and talking about the Cesnik case always left him feeling fatigued, and frustrated. Hell, it could have blown the lid right off the Church! This suited his handlers in the Irish Catholic Church, Dr. Thomas Maskell could deal with the many children whose parents were slowly stepping forward to talk about their childrens rapes at the hands of the local Clerics. (Also keep in mind that Sister Russell maintained that Cathy left to go shopping at 8:30 pm not 7pm as most people understood.) Brian, at the end of the tape, contradicts his story by stating that he never heard anyone talk about the murder after it happened, and that he was just a small kid who doesnt remember much about what happened after all?? During the next four years, she would teach English and drama to several hundred students from the mostly working- class, Irish-American community nearby. Even more troubling, two retired investigators tellCity Paperthat while they were putting the heat on Koob, Catholic Church officials conferred with high-ranking police officials about the case. If you accept his version of events, then a look at the timeline would place Billy and Ronnie Schmidt in Cathy and Russells apartment at 8:30 pm. Warm enough for maggots. Finally, something did happen to Cathy after she returned from shopping and parked her car at the apartment. Maskell live and worked in Ireland, he always received his Priest salary on a monthly basis. Fr James Grennan raped the 10 girls on the altar of St Patrick's Catholic Church, Monageer, Co Wexford, during confessions. The CCTF would have four copies of all the evidence in their homes and these people would not be allowed to be associated with parties of the involved for instance a Catholic man maybe, or a friend of the family, then they would have to appoint another in his place. In that situation, the killer usually wants to get the hell away from there. Religion has nothing to do with God, Jesus Christ, or spirituality. Then there is this question. daughter Abby). By the time Bud Roemer retired from the Baltimore County Police Department in 1975, the Cesnik murder case had gone completely cold. After all the horrible things Jean had to endure the universe gave her real love, a standup guy who showed her happiness was possible and in the end she had to lose him early because of that goddamn Maskell again. True Christians have a desire to be pleasing to God and they want to grow spiritually but they can still say and do things that are at odds with their faith at times.because it is a growth process and in this lifetime no one reaches perfection. And then jeering at them saying, You dont look like a Christian to me. So it becomes confusing. James Maskell 1938. Could easily have been something regarding Cathys real feelings, and her reasons for leaving the SSNDand not something her sister would prefer to make public, even at this late date, especially if she is still a devout Catholic. I realise the perpetrators may be deceased at this time, but it could potentially lead to those responsible being brought to justice, and bring some long overdue closure to the families. Dr. Thomas Maskel had no degrees or qualifications, or work experience to work as Clinical Psychologist in Ireland. Any movie, book or story that was remotely connected to same-sex situations ended with at least one of the participants dead, usually by suicide. Until the lawsuit in 1994, Roemer said, he had never heard of Father Joseph Maskell or of the alleged abuse at Keough. A neutral observer with a reasonably mind can only conclude that the said BEING is more like a psychopath rather than a Loving Being. For the 4 years that Fr. Hate to break it to them it makes them look even worse when its found out! BALTIMORE (WJZ) -- A DNA sample taken from the remains of former Baltimore priest A. Joseph Maskell does not match DNA from the murder scene of Sister . Not only was the archdiocese covering up everything about the abuse but it seems the police and the court were also vested in hiding the facts i.e. Halethorpe Precinct.. The police ultimately dismissed him as a serious suspect (Baltimore Police Department 1, Mandelbaum). After Archbishop of Dublin, Desmond Connell and friends who acted for Father Anthony Joseph Maskell, it was suggested that Father Joseph Maskell should work in a rural area of Ireland away from the big cities. So, before its too late please meditate on what youve been taught. Pingback: The Keepers: 'I've dealt with survivors and they're sickened by the church's response' | StodiWeb News, Pingback: The Keepers: 'I've dealt with survivors and they're sickened by the church's response' | Television & radio - kasa.news, Pingback: The Keepers: Ive dealt with survivors and theyre sickened by the churchs response | BuzzWare. Other friends and family members point to the fact that Father Maskell's brother, Lt. Tommy Maskell, had served with distinction as a member of the Baltimore City Police from 1946 to '66. Possible it was the one given to the lady who believes her husband played a role in it. Working up the courage to come forward, only to be denied justice by a systematic cover-up by the church, police, and justice system. I think someone should look into the fact that police officers were involved in the abuse and coverup we are only now beginning to understand as a country just how corrupt police can be and what their brothers in blue will do to help cover things up. On Friday, December 25, 2009, THOMAS W. MASKELL, age 92 of Lauraville; beloved husband of Virginia P. (nee Hamen) Maskell for 72 years; devoted father of Karen Peck and her husband Dr. Alan. Baltimore City Services Looking for traffic and vehicle related services? Can people like that really be Christians? I have only one thing to say there by the Grace of God go one of your kids. According to the autopsy, she had been strangled and stabbed several times in the throat; cause of death was strangulation. iamthehb 6 yr. ago That was kind of where I was going with it in my head. I chose to deal with all of this by becoming one of the earliest proponents for what became the Gay Liberation movement, and am proud to say that the choices I and my friends madeto live my life openlywas a trickle that turned into a flood. i also think that producer of the documentary should have inquired more info from Fr. Dr. Thomas Maskell, clinical psychologist didnt tell Immigration controls that the purpose of his visit was to stay and work in Ireland, after all he was not Irish he was American. I am praying for you. As White shows in the documentary, when no one could initially "corroborate" Wehner's story, Maskell was returned to a parish, and Wehner's family conducted their own investigation through a. Why would Billy allow his nephew Brian to be a party of a heinous crime?? It had been a busy week. Sister Catherine Ann Cesnik disappeared, on November 11, 1969. Fortune continued to teach until his arrest in 1995. I havent ended the documentary so I dont know if you need money or a friend or someone to listen I would be happy to. You see if Dr. Thomas Maskell, clinical psychologist came as a visitor, it would not be a problem, but if Dr. Thomas Maskell, clinical psychologist came to both work and stay, than that was a different matter, he would require a work visa for six months. It had been a busy week. But that was not enough for He had to come down to earth, born in a manger, lived like an itinerant person. People who choose to do evil things will happily use anything to conceal and/or protect themselves. More frequent updates will give your website higher rank I also think that Father Maskell wanted somebody to rid him of this troublesome nun and eventually Edgar Davidson, Billy Schmidt and Ronnie Schmidt were recruited to intimidate Cathy. The nun's . The sensational allegations of Jane Doe stunned Baltimore, and no one was more shocked than Roemer, who years later still reacted with amazement: When I heard about the woman who was supposed to have been shown the nuns body by Maskell, I could hardly believe my ears. It has its root in the four books (by unknown writers other than their given names) that were selected out of a dozens or so of contemporary books at Nicaea council in 325 by Constantines order. The Pedophile Ring of Priests operating in Ferns were Fr Donal Collins, who was the Principal of St. Peter's Seminary College, in Wexford Town from 1988 to 1991;- A few other pedophiles were Fr. Further evidence emerged in 2017, when police tested a DNA sample from Maskell with tissue preserved from the original investigation into the murder, tissue presumed to belong to her assailant. dont waste your traffic, you can earn additional bucks every month. Bishop Comiskey dismissed the testimony of the girls, without ever meeting them, or without seeing the Health Board reports. Or maybe a tire iron. The Malecki siblings, including Joyce, also attended week-long retreats as high school studentsduring which they spent entire days engaged in religious instruction with priests. 2022 was a strong year for CCA, following a record-breaking 2021. Who really thinks that everyone who attends or belongs to a Christian Church is a true Christian by definition and that Christianity should be judged thereby? As listed in the plaintiffs formal complaint, the abuse included vaginal intercourse, anal intercourse, cunnilingus, fellatio, vaginal penetration with a vibrator, administration of enemas, . Fr Maskell's brother Tommy served 20 years with the Baltimore City Police, making lieutenant. (Gerry) Koobaccompanied by a second Catholic brother, Peter McKeonclimbed into his car and drove to the Carriage House Apartments. I think Sister Russell may have been ordered to trigger the whole thing in an effort to silence Cathy and keep Russells lover, Father Magnus, out of trouble. My experience of being gay in those days was nothing like what the kids of today go through. or, on a more humanitarian note, if her sister realizes the problems this might have brought for Russell, or Russells family.). A cold case task force (CCTF ) should be sent out. Edgar is still living, but whatever he remembers will stay with him until the end of his life. Bishop Comiskey of Ferns at the time, admitted in court that he did not inform the Bishop of the diocese in Florida that the Priest he sent to Florida, ex-Principle, Father Donal Collins was an admitted pedophile. Pray for peace, pray for healing and pray that the church will find ways to prevent this from ever happening again. But I took my job to heart, and I put everything I had into it. 45 Years Later, the Search for Answers Goes On. Catherine Anne Cesnik SSND (born November 17, 1942; disappeared November 7, 1969) was an American Catholic religious sister who taught English and drama at Archbishop Keough High School in Baltimore, Maryland.On November 7, 1969, Cesnik disappeared. That can Only be corrupted when you allow it to be. The Ferns Report heard how when one seminarian student was was raped went to Bishop Newman of Limerick to complain that Monsignor Michael Ledwith, vice-president of Maynooth Seminary College had raped him, Bishop Newman was so abruptly dismissive of the boy that the Bishop's own secretary suggested he go to see Cardinal Cathal Daly. that any of this has anything to do with the character of God? Police say Cesnik was last seen at her apartment in Baltimore before she ran out for some errands "in the Edmondson Village area" one day in November 1969. Regular complaints were made against Fr Sean Fortune since the mid 1970s, his Bishop, Donal Herlihy sent Fr Sean Fortune for psychological assessment, which found that his behaviour. Thomas Maskell had Irish Police clearance, but of course he didnt have any criminal or legal problems in Ireland. When politicians are charged with crimes, prosecutors sometimes insist that any plea deal include a stipulation that they refrain from running for office in the future, or else judges impose such a restriction as a term of probation. But in interviews conducted before his death, he found these so-far-unexamined connections deeply upsetting. He fell silent, and leaned back in his chair.