Related: Zendaya Says Tom Holland Helped Her Film Tough Euphoria Storylines, "My first reaction was, 'is he going to dress as Rihanna?' Britney Spears' "Oops I Did It Again" was prepared as a backup, and, according to the creative brief viewed by Insider, would have involved Holland dressed in the classic red latex jumpsuit and a possible cameo from Spears in costume as an astronaut. It's younger. Flora: Dancing in water, it's scary because it is slippery. Zendaya and Tom have been asked many times about their performances on Lip Sync Battle. So, it was just fine tuning that. It is not a dance battle. Four years later, Holland's "Umbrella" is still a part of the pop-culture conversation. Holland has since admitted it was one of the most nerve-wracking experiences of his life, and his dad tried to talk him out of doing it. Never miss a story sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories. Tom and Zendaya haven't said much about the early part of their relationship. "Then, he wanted to get those little nuances perfect. He wasn't trying to make it a parody. Lip Sync Battle - Tom Holland ,Semi-Finals: Tom Holland VS Zendaya | Lip Sync Battle Tournament ,Lip Sync Battle - Zendaya ,Lip Sync Battle - Channing Tatum . Nobody knew who he was when he was cast as Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War and then, shortly after, the first of his solo web-slinging adventures. Pertunjukan Lip Sync Battle yang ikonis dari Tom Holland dan Zendaya berdampak besar pada penonton sehingga mereka tertanam selamanya dalam pikiran mereka. While they've hinted at how much they liked each other, they haven't revealed too many concrete details. Where Is Paul Murdaugh's Ex, Morgan, Now? The modern world can be divided into two distinct eras: before Tom Holland performed "Umbrella" on "Lip Sync Battle," and after. A Rihanna's Umbrella cm tnca olyan masszvan lenygzte a kznsget, hogy rkre emlkezetes pillanatt . Check it out here: https://youtu.be/piQnZ9PnFhQWant to see the full versions of these Lip Sync Battles? Seventeen picks products that we think you'll love the most. I had no idea when Tom walked in that he was going to be able to do everything and then some. There was even a TikTok trend recently based around dancers recreating Tom's dance moves. "He was not taking it out. He was fearless. When Zendaya could not stop laughing after Tom accidentally called quizzes "quizzies." 4. And then in the first rehearsal he was like, I'm going to come out and sing 'Singin' in the Rain.' But the more famous was the French maid outfit, including fishnets, that he wore for the much-more famous Rihanna cover. LTD. All rights reserved, Zendaya Coleman Is Charging Whopping Amount For Euphoria, Deets Inside, Zendaya Coleman Or Selena Gomez: Whose Disney Show You Would Love To Watch, Zendaya Coleman's Bubbly And Bossy Roles In Movies, 7 Times Zendaya Coleman Managed To Steal The Show In Western Outfits. It has been incredibly successful and has been a really great thing for my career. This one ended with a very large sigh of relief. Many fans wanted Tom to come on Rihanna's stage and dance with the original "Umbrella" singer. Just in case "Umbrella" didn't go through, we had a backup performance. Doing Gene Kelly and Rihanna? Zendaya wasn't supposed to know about the music, but if she did, she definitely didn't know about the pyro. Aarti Chaurasiya besides being a teacher by profession I am a writer by passion. Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world on its annual list in 2022.. Born and raised in Oakland, California, Zendaya began her career as a child model and backup dancer. Join; . I don't think he would have been able to do what he did in the water. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. '", RELATED: Spider-Man: Andrew Garfield Waffles on No Way Home Denial, Flora added that she actually thought she was going to lose her job as a result of killing the Spider-Man actor. kind of thing [from Sony]. Blackpink Jennie VS Beyonce: Who Donned Moon Print Top And Tights? "And then in the first rehearsal he was like, I'm going to come out and sing 'Singin' in the Rain.' Among other noteworthy incidents, Zendaya referred to Tom as squishy. The clip went viral after Holland took it to the next level. Tom Holland and Zendaya Coleman are two of the most well-liked and admired actors in Hollywood. Follow her on Twitter @keeganprosser. He leaned all the way in like the pro that he is, and it went crazy because of that. Writer Renee Gauthier Stars LL Cool J Chrissy Teigen Tom Holland See production, box office & company info Watch on Paramount+ with Prime Video Channels More watch options Simply the Worlds Most Interesting Travel Site, Why Tom Holland Actually Did Lip Sync Battle And Whether Or Not He Secretly Hated It. Patterson: With both of him and Zendaya, it was the commitment. Cheek: Even though he had a wig, even though he had a bodysuit, his dancing was still Tom and it was sexy. The clip went viral after Holland took it to the next level. "It's almost a sense of, pardon my language, 'I don't give a f---.' Tom nailed every single move and delivered the craziest energy when it began to rain on stage. But he was adamant about it. Zendaya comes out of the gate (and the plane) as Bruno Mars to perform 24k Magic with the proper amount of trolling and charm. Zendaya struts in with her crew like a true player to Bruno Mars' "24k Magic", while Tom Holland. This story originally appeared on Culturess.. Four years ago this weekend, Tom Holland and Zendaya appeared on "Lip Sync Battle" ahead of "Spider-Man: Far From Home" to help build hype for the movie. Tom Holland's Dad Did Not Want Him To Perform In His Iconic Umbrella Performance. That was totally real. At least he and Zendaya were able to share a big moment. Spider-Man: Freshman Year: Is Tom Holland Returning For The Animated Series? July 7: The New York Post reports that Zendaya and Holland are spotted touring a $5.35 million five-bedroom, 4,400-square-foot townhouse in Brooklyn. Tom delivered a crazy performance. While the viral performance was fun for a while, the actor later admitted the performance "has kind of come back to haunt me a little bit." Representatives for Zendaya and Rihanna did not respond to requests for comment.). We're just ripping his clothes off. When they told Tom they wanted him to do this, they claimed he accepted it from the start. ", Below, to celebrate the episode's 4th anniversary, those who worked on it including producers, choreographers, writers, and dancers reveal to Insider how the seminal moment in pop culture history came to be. They were constantly adding things to make it a little bit more difficult every time, and Tom was the kind of the person who never said no. Someone hands him the lipstick, and he did it himself. Are you going to go all the way there? The actor, 26, previously put on an unforgettable performance of Rihanna's 2007 hit "Umbrella" in a 2017 episode of Lip Sync Battle which was coincidentally a face-off against his. Check Your Trivia Below! Tom and Zendaya appeared on the show in 2017, but their battle was so iconic that people are still talking about it two whole years later. Aside from that, Zendaya has been pretty busy with the upcoming season of Euphoria. Not say, "I don't want to have to remember choreography because I don't want the pressure." Instead, it was the writers and choreographers of the show who pitched the idea to him. Dylan has also written for Narcity and various other entertainment, food, and travel publications. Zendaya tried making it seem like Tom's performance was extravagant and over-the-top, when Tom reminded her that her set involved a private jet. "Lip Sync Battle" would be part of his first major publicity tour, and, for many Americans, their first introduction to Holland. Before the Kansas City Chiefs emerged victorious over the Philadelphia Eagles, the "Only Girl in the World" singer's mid-game set had something for everyone: hits aplenty, a clever Fenty Beauty product placement and a sly reveal that Rihanna is expecting her second child with partner A$AP Rocky. I dont ever want to overexpose myself, because my privacy is the last thing I own. Is Lady Gaga Quitting Spotlight After 15 Long Years? tom holland did not have to go this hard during this lip sync but he did pic.twitter.com/mWqSqjGfgH. Jana Krumholtz, dancer: I have a big background in tap [dancing] and so I was like, "I'll help with the tap opening." Lip Sync Battle simply doesn't have carte blanche to pick whatever songs they want. Time to post the Tom Holland Lip . TikTok is full of dancers recreating his "Umbrella" choreography. Nary an interview goes by where Holland isn't asked about his performance. Tom Holland just can't escape being a massive star. Zendaya's a skilled dancer, so it wasn't a surprise that she was going to nail her two perfomances. Newsletter: Secret China dinos conspiracy, I love how your voice is in all of our heads: How TikTok came to love and fear Everybodys so creative, NOTHING is better than REMOTE work! KEEP READING: Space Jam 2: Zendaya Joins Cast as Lola Bunny. Tom and Zendaya have shared many humorous moments together, from competing on Lip Sync Battle to pranking co-star Jacob Batalon. Flora: He picked up the choreography so fast. She can usually be found perusing record stores, rewatching The Lord of the Rings or revisiting the Harry Potter (book) series. Like, 'Can I stage dive?' Scarlett Johansson outshines in golden bodycon, see pic, Check Out: 'Wonder Woman' Gal Gadot Looks Scintillating In All-Black Outfits. Though fans' wish didn't come true, Zendaya herself couldn't help nodding to the request on her Instagram Story. "There was a moment in rehearsal where we did it with the water for the first time, and he slipped a little bit when he did that flip at the end, and I was like, 'Oh, god. I can do it all. She is based in Brooklyn. I like dealing with diverse individuals and am constantly looking to learn new things. You can feel his respect for the art. You dont want to get super famous tomorrow, because you wont be able to handle it. But seriously, all jokes aside, Tom Holland proved that he's a true artist when he guest starred on an episode of Lip Sync Battle, alongside Zendaya. Perhaps this is because she's been famous longer than Tom has. kind of thing [from Sony]. Zendaya Says Tom Holland Helped Her Film Tough 'Euphoria' Storylines When she wears a dress, it's for herself, and you can see that. Tom Holland s Zendaya ikonikus Lip Sync Battle-eladsai olyan hatssal voltak a kznsgre, hogy rkre bevsdtek az elmjkbe. BTS Jungkook Vibing To RRRs Naatu Naatu Is A Feast For The Eyes Watch. Pantsuits To Bodycon: Zendaya Coleman's 7 Must-Have Designer Pieces. Rihanna's Umbrella'daki dans, seyirciyi o kadar byk bir ekilde etkiledi ki, sonsuza dek hatrlanacak bir an oldu. I personally hung on that pole from all angles [to test it beforehand]. It was for Spider-man: Homecoming that caused the two to show up on Lip Sync Battle. Lip Sync Battle Photo Gallery IMDb Television Series Character: Self Written by: Renee Gauthier Produced by: Lip Sync Battle, Sam Bullard Cast Members: LL Cool J, Chrissy Teigen, Zendaya Released date: July 5, 2017 Episode (s) Number: Season 3, Episode 16 Episode (s) Title: Zendaya vs. Tom Holland Tom Holland will play Fred Astaire in a biopic, so you know what that means. The first was a suit-and-tie to resemble Gene Kelly for his "Singin' In The Rain" bit. Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. Tom has said to Entertainment Weekly that he gets more compliments on his fishnet legs than anything else he's done in his career and that his hardcore fans are seemingly more obsessed with Lip Sync Battle rather than Spider-man. He did the lipstick himself! But there are also a group of people who think of him primarily for his 2017 Lip Sync Battle . Flora: I don't remember [the backup Britney song] at all. "If there's anything she needs to be called out on it's not having Tom Holland cameo in Umbrella," a third person added. In a conversation with British GQ, Tom Holland said, Look, I am really glad I did that show and I had a lot of fun. And the show itself, which was in its third season, was an institution: it had attracted guests like Anne Hathaway, who swung from the ceiling on a giant wrecking ball, and Channing Tatum, who strutted to "Run the World (Girls)" with the actual Beyonc. The actor, 26, previously put on an unforgettable performance of Rihanna's 2007 hit "Umbrella" in a 2017 episode of Lip Sync Battle which was coincidentally a face-off against his Spider-Man costar. And then, when Zendaya playfully called Tom out for going too hard on Lip Sync Battle. Thats good career advice by Dominic Holland but Tom Holland pursued his mind and performed at the lip sync battle anyway. Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman (born September 1, 1996) is an American actress and singer. Holland's performance required two distinct looks: a suit-and-tie ensemble for the Gene Kelly "Singin' in the Rain" opener, and a French maid-inspired look from the "Umbrella" music video for the main Rihanna segment. The first was a suit-and-tie to resemble Gene Kelly for his "Singin' In The. And we all just thought, "Oh no, that means you're going to be [dressed like] a guy for the rest of it." Although most of them didn't even know who Tom was at the time, according to their interviews with Insider. Many people from Gen Z want a relationship like theirs, and it's not hard to see why. It's the show's best episode. We got off stage and we were just like, "What the heck? And then me and some of the writers would pitch ideas to Casey and talk her through how we visualized it. Directed by Jon Watts, Spider-Man: No Way Home stars Tom Holland, Zendaya, Jacob Batalon, Marisa Tomei, Tony Revolori, Jamie Foxx, Alfred Molina and Benedict Cumberbatch. Jacobs expression in response to the trick was priceless. cultural impact: Tom Holland whatever Lip Sync Battle (umbrella). Dylan Parker is a list and content writer and editor working for Valnet Inc. since 2017. 2. He chose one of the biggest artists in the world. I'm sure I choreographed it. Zendaya has gushed about Rihanna before. Tom Holland's Performance of Rihanna's "Umbrella" Is the Greatest Thing to Ever Come Out of. Novic: The prop buyer had to scour downtown L.A. to buy out all the umbrellas she could muster [for Tom and the dancers]. The two first truly got to know each other working in the MCU. Tom Holland Has One Regret About His Rihanna Getup from His Epic 'Lip Sync Battle' Routine The Spider-Man: Homecoming star gave a showstopping performance of Rihanna's 2007 pop hit "Umbrella" on . Lip Sync Battle: Himself Episode: "Zendaya vs. Tom Holland" 2017-2021 The Graham Norton Show: Himself 4 episodes TBA The Crowded Room: Danny Sullivan . The Oscars had mixed up their winners. Currently, he is both a writer and an editor at TheThings where he specializes in entertainment, film, and celebrity news. The unofficial "Tom Holland Umbrella Law" holds that anyone who sees a clip of the performance on social media is obligated to reshare it, thus perpetuating an endless cycle. So, while Casey and her team waited for Rihanna to clear "Umbrella", they prepared for Tom to do Britney Spears' "Oops I Did It Again" as a backup. Tom transformed into Rihanna as he wore a black leotard outfit similar to the one Rihanna wears in the actual music video for the song. Tom Holland's performance of "Umbrella" was an instant pop culture win, but did he actually want to do it? She has contributed to publications including The Seattle Weekly, Rolling Stone Magazine, the Alaska Airlines blog and Android Central. And then . aired ahead of the MTV Movie and TV Awards. Since it first aired in 2017, Tom Holland's most notable contribution to the Lip Sync Battle canon has become an entity unto itself. The 19-year-old actress appeared on Sunday's episode of "Lip Sync Battle," hosted by LL Cool J and Chrissy Teigen. It was incredibly stressful. I think his performance really encapsulated all of that and gave everybody an opportunity to just love the song all over again. Tom Holland and Zendaya are easily one of the most beloved couples in the entire world. Rihanna Needed To Give Permission To Tom Holland. Given the repertoire between Tom Holland and Zendaya, it's not surprising Zendaya easily persuaded him to do Lip Sync Battle.