Perhaps it goes without saying but producing quality journalism isn't cheap. The chart below shows the historical percentage of voters who have pledged to vote for each candidate in the 2022 Texas Railroad Commissionerelection. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If no candidate receives more than 50% of the vote in the March 1 election, the two candidates with the most votes will meet in a May runoff election. Another candidate, Dawayne Tipton, who is endorsed by all three of the states largest papers, said he doesnt fault Stogner. He was elected statewide as the 12th Texas Agriculture Commissioner in 2014 and re-elected to his second term in office in 2018; followed by a third term in 2022, receiving almost 4.5 million votes--more votes than any candidate for Texas Agricultural Commissioner has ever received. He and Abbott will go head to head in November. In the last fundraising period, Warford outraised Christian 3:1 and has $318,059 cash on hand compared to Christians $181,412 war chest. Texas Railroad Commissioner: Who's on the ballot in November I didnt realize it would incite the rage and anger that it did from the press, she told the Chronicle. This year, he says, his party has a chance. Christian, who is seeking a second term, said he believes his experience and perspective will still benefit the state and wants to make sure Texans have access to cheap, plentiful and reliable energy.. Vote 2022 Texas; . Texas 2022 Elections A semi-nude video, corruption allegations and a fatal crash roil GOP primary for Texas Railroad Commission The oldest state regulatory agency, in charge of how oil. Last week, Stogner told KENS 5: I want to put my clothes back on and have a serious conversation. We expect candidates for public office to model civil discourse and decorum worthy of the publics trust. The winner will square off in the fall against Democrat Luke Warford, an Austin energy consultant and former strategist with the Texas Democratic Party, who faces no primary opposition. Multiple candidates are presently running in the March 1, 2022 Republican Primary to be the next Railroad Commissioner of Texas. In the increasingly blue Harris County, more Republicans voted early (105,482) than Democrats (96,725). Christian: My top priorities as commissioner are to fight back against the Biden administrations radical anti-oil and gas agenda to increase the domestic production of oil and natural gas to decrease the cost of gas and groceries and increase energy security., Warford: Three main things Im focused on are one securing our grid so that Texans dont have to live in fear that the power is gonna go out the next time it gets cold. Texas Railroad Commissioner election results for Texas midterms Railroad Commissioner Wayne Christian is seeking his second term on the Texas Railroad Commission but faces three challengers in the GOP primary next week. A video posted by the candidate to social media shows Stogner sitting topless atop an oil pump jack before her logo appears across the screen. Texans will choose between four candidates: Republican incumbent Wayne Christian, Democratic nominee Luke Warford and two third-party candidates Libertarian Jaime Andres Diez and Hunter Wayne Crow of the Green Party. Its painful to rescind a recommendation. Find a complete list of them here. Those issues include: the Texas blackout last year (caused in large part by problems along the natural gas supply chain that the commission regulates); the role big industry donations play in Railroad Commission policy decisions; the current high price of natural gas; and the routine practice of gas flaring in the Texas oil fields, which wastes . Just for our own fun. Congress seems like an inevitable reality, he told supporters. Q: How would you address further securing the power grid as we head into winter? Summers name will still be on the ballot, too, because he died too close to election day to change the ballots. 2022 Texas Primary Election: Governor, attorney general, and other But the catchphrase has struck many others as insensitive or anti-Semitic, a critique that came up in 2014 when Christian faced a primary opponent who was Jewish. Jessica Cisneros has lost a lot of her early lead, with Representative Henry Cuellar so far taking 60 percent of the vote in Webb County, the 28th Districts largest population base. Christian: I believe Texans should elect me again because Im willing to fight. (Section 172.022, Texas Election Code). Though I will not be contesting the outcome of this election, I will not be going away, he said in a statement. . The RRC also has oversight over Texas energy industries and enforces related state and federal laws. 2022. And we basically have the commission saying, hey, just trust us.'. We cant do this at the cost of safe air., Michael Williams, a railroad commissioner from 1999 to 2011 who went on to lead the Texas Education Agency, said in an interview that while Christian is a good friend, Im impressed with Stogner. Texas Lege Watch: A House Republican Fights for Chicken Freedom, Inside the Karaoke Bar Where Texas Lawmakers Serenade Each Other. In the general election, state representative Celia Israel and former . The Exit: Teachers Leave. Republican candidate for Texas Railroad Commissioner Sarah Stogner posted a video last week that is raising eyebrows as voters head to the polls. He and the woman filming the video were invited . But me scantily clad is where the line is drawn, she wrote on Facebook. The things Im talking about are keeping the lights on, lowering utility prices, creating energy jobs, protecting our clean air, making sure people have clean air and clean water, he says. Published March 1, 2022. Despite its name, the Railroad Commission has not regulated railroads since 2005. The two main contenders in this year's race for commissioner are incumbent Republican Wayne Christian and Democrat Luke Warford. Comments. Texas Railroad Commission GOP candidates court voters before runoff Despite the agencys power over Texas largest industry including the natural gas system, a crucial element of the Texas power grid that failed last year during a powerful winter storm, leaving millions of people without power for days elections for the three-member board that oversees it typically dont generate much attention from voters. Against independent and government findings, he says commission regulators and industry did not mess up during the blackout. Well, heres my Grammy Award-winning video, Wayne.. EXCLUSIVE: Texas Railroad Commission candidate appearing nearly nude on pumpjack has 'no regrets' By Greg Groogan Published February 28, 2022 News FOX 26 Houston Railroad Commission candidate appears nearly nude on pump jack during campaign 1, there is no ethics filing or ethics complaint against me right now in the state of Texas, Christian said. Two candidates will be on the ballot in the May runoff, current Railroad Commissioner Wayne Christian and oil & gas attorney Sarah Stogner. Christian was the top choice of 9% of registered voters in that poll, with the other candidates receiving between 3% and 5%. The Railroad Commission of Texas (Commission) is the state agency with primary regulatory jurisdiction over the oil and natural gas industry, pipeline transporters, natural gas and hazardous liquid pipeline industry, natural gas utilities, the LP-gas industry, and coal and uranium surface mining operations. Texas Railroad Commissioner Election Results 2022 - The New York Times Well, hes a career politician and shes got some good ideas, Gaines said. 2022 Texas Elections, Candidates, Races and Voting, Book Your Fall or Winter Vacation Now and Save! Christian, who received generally friendly questions throughout the night, was asked at one point about corruption allegations that surfaced after he voted against the recommendation of Railroad Commission staff to approve a permit for an oil field waste dump facility, then days later accepted a $100,000 campaign donation from the company that received the permit. As a nonprofit newsroom, we rely on members to help keep our stories free and our events open to the public. Tickets are on sale now for the 2022 Texas Tribune Festival, happening in downtown Austin on Sept. 22-24. Garza and Jaworski will move to a runoff. Some friends suggested that she post the video on TikTok to call attention to leaking wells in West Texas, according to the paper. Takethequiz. Texas Railroad Commissioner Republican primary Republican primary runoff Election details Filing deadline: December 13, 2021 Primary: March 1, 2022 Primary runoff: May 24, 2022 General: November 8, 2022 Pre-election incumbent (s): Wayne Christian (Republican) How to vote Poll times: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Voting in Texas Ballotpedia analysis He added, My opponents are mudslinging out of desperation because I am the only candidate in this race with the endorsements, campaign infrastructure, and resources necessary to win this race.. Tipton has won the support of the editorial boards of most of the states major papers, including the Houston Chronicle and the Dallas Morning News. While it no longer helps set global oil prices, as it did in the forties and fifties, the Railroad Commission still oversees fossil-fuel production and pipelines. To learn more about how election results work, read this article. My name is Hunter Crow and I'm seeking the position of Texas Railroad Commissioner, because we cannot have a healthy humanity without a healthy natural world. And I want to change that.. I think they are doing the bidding of a very small number of oil and gas executives. Railroad commissioners just arent enforcing the existing rules. Umm, its tough, Hommel said. Key fact: Applications must be . Railroad Commission candidates offer opposing visions of what will make EXCLUSIVE: Texas Railroad Commission candidate appearing nearly nude on Railroad Commissioner Runoff: Texas Primary Results (R) - CNN The Chairman is chosen by the Commissioners. Editorial: In GOP primary, Stogner would bring change to Railroad Texas candidate kicks up controversy by posing nearly nude atop an oil pump He has no oil and gas experience he won on a pro-life platform because thats what primary voters cared about in 2016, Stogner said. They said I needed money. Numbers for state candidates cover their last filed report through 10/29/2022. Texas Railroad Commission candidate's risqu social media post turning Four years after rocketing to national fame with a strong but ultimately failed effort to unseat Senator Ted Cruz, Beto ORourke will be the Democratic nominee for Texas governor. Railroad Commissioners are elected statewide to six-year, staggered terms. This statement raises questions about what constitutes civil discourse in todays political landscape and whether such standards are applied equally to candidates. Hommel, walking between tables in the audience, seemed impressed. It doesnt get click bait., The candidate said the clip has opened opportunities to discuss the real issues about her campaign.The video is being perceived just as I desired, a knock on the door and now that door is open, she told Fox News. The primary will take place on May 24, with the general . (The Sunset Commission chose not to adopt the suggestion.). Q: Your opponent Luke Warford has accused you of being corrupt due to campaign contributions you have received from the oil and gas industry. v. t. e. The 2022 Rhode Island Attorney General election took place on November 8, 2022, to elect the Attorney General of Rhode Island. A few days after the American article appeared, the race took another turn when candidate Marvin Sarge Summers, owner of an oil-field networking website from Lubbock, died in a car accident outside Midland while traveling between campaign appearances. What would be your top three priorities as railroad commissioner? Updated Mar. My overall mission is to ensure that Texans have access to cheap, plentiful, and reliable energy., Warford: My background is in mostly the private sector in energy policy and energy consulting. Texas Railroad Commissioner Qualifications: What training, experience and background qualify you for this position? Whats Up With All the Kangaroos on the Loose in Texas? . The Express-News switched its endorsement to Dawayne Tipton, a former roughneck from Killeen who worked his way up into management.