Use it in larger spaces for a cozy, inviting feel. Are there any other colors you would recommend. Is Gray Still Trendy for Walls, Cabinets & Exteriors? This is where it gets its coolness from. Not sure which paint colour is best for YOUR home? Hi Christine! Check out: . Sunbleached SW 9585 It is always best to look at color in your lighting. Today I wanted to share about a very pretty, pale gray (almost white) color that we used in the colonial with great success. Lemon Verbena SW 7726 Order some free sample chips from our website to determine which color will work best for you. Ive always wondered if a colors RGB could be used to identify the hue? SW 7005 Pure White I call Repose Gray the perfect paint color because it's a light warm gray with a near perfect balance of warm and cool undertones. On the Rocks is an impressive shade of GRAY. Its important to know that undertones vary in intensity which can greatly impact the overall look of a painted room. If you paint all 4 walls with this color, it'd be good to have lighter furniture and dcor. Rock Candy 937 | Benjamin Moore Hello there, take a look at these soft and subtle color options for your bathroom. Paint Colour Review: Sherwin Williams Passive SW 7064 - YouTube Learn about LRV, undertones and more tips and ideas for painting and decorating your home. Hint No Burgundy or black as 2 of my neighbors have there exterior doors these colors . Every paint color has two main components: A mass tone and an undertone. Artificial light is equally important, so be sure to consider the lightbulb type, color and temperature. It is a warm paint color, and looks great in many of the same spaces as City Loft. City Loft has undertones that are gray, beige, and taupe colored. It is always best to look at color in your lighting. Edamame SW 7729. Not sure I am making the right choice. Brighten it up with Rock Candy! Yes, that palette will flow beautifully. Although i love the color, in some areas where the sun is coming in the walls look more tan/yellow. Its SO hard to say without seeing your home, but you could take a look at colour that kind of blend the cream and beige/tan worlds, colours like SW Eaglet Beige and Chopsticks could be a place to start! SW Rock Candy Undertones The paint color by Sherwin Williams that we know as Rock Candy has mostly very light-blue undertones. Home; About. On the Rocks has an LRV of 62. If this doesnt work we are also thinking of just painting everything white. I have re-painted our kitchen. These little rooms are like little cardboard boxes to me. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on Houzz Share this with your friends Print page. Smoky Blue #SW7604 This post may contain affiliate links. The standard ceiling white is cool, however, your eye skips right over the ceiling as a color so it does not neutralize the warmth on the walls or affect the wall color in any discernable way. I am not really fond of greys and was wondering if a pretty light blue such as snowdrop SW6511 would work ? Good luck! I would love to hear from you! how do you think it will look with these reddish floors? Sherwin Williams Knitting Needles is SW 7672. I have oak floors and moldings with a gray brick fireplace. Color; Color Detail Hero VIRTUAL COLOR CONSULTATION Get a personalized palette from a color expert Repose is somewhat light but definitely not a barely grey white it sounds like you're looking for. Rock Candy; September's Color of the Month. A saturated green or navy would work well with your floor and the greige on your wall. Walls, crown moulding, trim ceiling. Dorian Gray by Sherwin Williams is a typical and rich gray color. Its LRV of 62 makes it well-adapted to most lighting situations. Kim Kelly. This article contains affiliate links. Sherwin Williams Reflection is a gray paint color that works best with flooring, cabinetry and furniture that IS NOT orange or yellow toned (oak / pine flooring), or red (cherry/mahogany floors, furniture or cabinets). In this next photo, On the Rocks is washed out by a SUPREME hit of natural light (windows and skylights) and photography skills, but all the same, she sure is purdy, Heres the same bathroom with more muted natural light and no interior lighting. Sherwin-Williams Rock Candy, SW 6231 Rock Candy is a light gray with blue/purple undertones. This neutral color with light-blue undertones will work particularly well with black colors, as well as darker shades of neutrals. I try to answer all comments within 2 weeks, but for a much faster response, join Love Remodeleds Facebook page here! WE ALSO PARTICIPATE IN SEVERAL OTHER AFFILIATE PROGRAMS; THIS INCOME ALLOWS US TO MAINTAIN THE QUALITY OF YOUR USER EXPERIENCE AND KEEPS OUR CONTENT FREE. Get your own digital color dollop of Rock Candy 937. Color In Review: Rock Candy SW 6231 - Gray Decor Reveal more about Sherwin Williams Rock Candy Coordinating Colors in our blog. I used this in my bedroom. Required fields are marked *. Not a whole lot of light (one window). The direction your room is facing, along with the type of light in the room and how much of it there is, also plays a huge role in a colors appearance. It will reflect a good amount of light into a room, making it a great choice for most anywhere in the house. First Star is a Sherwin Williams paint color that has a very similar depth to City Loft. My kitchen (North/East wall with 1 large window close to patio door) living room (North West wall has windows and patio glass door) is an open floorplan. Looking to brighten up the space and bring a sense of cohesiveness and warmth as one steps in. Paint colours can shift their appearance based on the time of day and the WEATHER of the day. This tells us NEVER to choose a paint colour based on what we see in a photo do your research in your OWN home by reading and sampling. Have you used Sherwin Williams Rhinestone anywhere in your home, or are you considering it as an option? would it help neutralized the warm hue on the walls? Hello Lana, there are many families of gray. It has slight green and taupe undertones, and it gives off a gray look without feeling cold. Loved it so much that I used it in the master bedroom. This neutral color with light-blue undertones will work particularly well with black colors, as well as darker shades of neutrals. north-facing or cool bulbs), this undertone can lean slightly cooler but rarely looks like a legit violet-blue. Aesthetic White is another popular off-white paint color by Sherwin Williams. Benjamin Moore Collingwood is warmer than On the Rocks but has a similar depth. The undertone is more prominent is the right lightning. (get a sample) To be precise, it is a warm, medium to dark neutral gray that has subtly purple undertones. What are some white paint choices that might work in this space? Its an open concept living room/dining room with some natural light. The reason it is looking "baby blue" on the walls in Courtney's room is because it is technically a bit too clean with the fireplace stone. containerEl: '#fd-form-613a59a67accb4c021020376' If you are looking for a sophisticated, light-colored blue shade, Icy would tick all the boxes here. Be sure to leave a comment, it helps me and other readers, too! SW Repose Gray or On The Rocks - Houzz When it's time to move to a smaller home, these tips will help you save memories while minimizing clutter in your new place! You can even pair it with bolder neutrals like black and navy blue. Sherwin Williams SW6245 Quicksilver Precisely Matched For Paint and Spray Paint All Paint Colors Paint Color Matches By Brand Sherwin Williams Paint Color Matches Match of Sherwin Williams SW6245 Quicksilver * RGB: 220 225 224 HEX: #dce1e0 LRV: 74.72% EXPLORE RELATED COLORS Actual color may vary from on-screen representation. In the image below, you can see the slight contrast between trim and walls! I did not use it on my ceiling which has agreeable gray and I just dont like the combination. 21 Best Blue Gray(Dusty Blue) Paint Colors - ThatWoWHome Keep an eye out colorful content is on its way to your inbox. My daughter used it at her house in two bathrooms. Sherwin Williams Extra White Review - Chrissy Marie Blog Not sure what LRV is? I am using perfect greige for my hallway. Sign up for a free Virtual Color Consultation here: https://www.sherwinwilliams.com/homeowners/color/lead-cs. Learning how to determine a colors hue using those numbers, if thats possible, would be so helpful. 12 of the Best Sherwin Williams Gray Paint Colors in 2023 - Decorated Life If youre looking for an exact match in a different brand, youll never get one. It is a sophisticated paint color that works well in a variety of house styles, and it looks particularly good with Repose Gray and Agreeable Gray. To take into consideration, we have a brown roof and a wine coloured walkway canopy. This paint colour review will teach you all about Sherwin Williams Passive, which is a MASSIVELY popular light gray paint colour. Thanks! Hope this helps! Hello Beth, RGB is not used to tint paint, RGB data is used to created colors on video screens and there is no correlation to liquid colorants that are used to tint paint. Thats why I am back with another great wall color resource for you! You can start by checking out As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified purchases. You can update ANY ROOM in your home, even the exterior, using Kylie M's easy and family-friendly ideas. It is almost a medium light shade (but not quite). 70% of Orders Ship within 2 Business Days. Looks great in West or East facing rooms especially tends to read a little blue (and colder) in North and South lighting. I painted my bedroom this color and love it! Sherwin Williams On the Rocks is a super popular light gray paint colour with subtle, but important undertones and the perfect depth for almost ANY ROOM in y. Try it next to the windows, in the shadows of the room and next to your artificial light sources, as it may look completely different in each spot. The kitchen is beautiful ! Kylie M Interiors is an Online Paint Colour Consulting or E-design, specializing in Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams paint colours. Rock Candy lends itself naturally to Scandinavian and minimalist decor styles, but it's easy to incorporate into any style you wish.