. Can you possibly give me a rating and a recommendation if at all possible? . Thanks! Powerful 8" woofer and wide-dispersion tweeter, Easy Pair, Up to 50 hours of continuous use, Telescoping handle and built-in wheels for easy moving, Bluetooth and NFC 17.25" x 15" x 11" 23.25 lbs 90 days Bose L1 Compact Check Price on Amazon Peavey Audio Check Price on Amazon Pyle PWMA325BT Check Price on Amazon Yamaha STAGEPAS 400I Check Price 11, 2022. This one would be excellent for any DJ job, and my next-unit-but-one neighbours told me that they went home with 'Good Times' stuck firmly in their heads Whilst messing about with EQ and boost combinations Inoticed that toggling the mic boost on channel B muted the whole system for a(very short) time, even if there was material playing through channel Aonly. The second channel also has stereo RCA phono connectors for adding program music. All these features are packed inside a traditional and robust plywood enclosure, which is great if you're a traditionalist when it comes to enclosures, but it does add weight to the speaker. qsc cp12 vs yamaha dbr12 - reallyopen.com No items to compare. The CP's use 200 & 800 watts respectively. QSC K12.2 vs Yamaha DXR12 | Full Comparison - Productz David here. JavaScript is disabled. Budget is an issue, I am trying to keep it around $1,200.00. But to answer your question, most will agree that small venues include coffee shops, bars, small restaurants and conference rooms. It may not display this or other websites correctly. And even a good quality 16 channel board is going to be half the size and weight on the old ones (and also better sound quality). Compare Yamaha DBR12 vs QSC CP8-NA vs QSC CP12-NA - B&H Photo Heard them both this past weekend, just amplifying music (ZZ Top, fwiw), not my Helix. The Martin Audio Blackline XP12 isn't widely available in the USA so it didn't meet the criteria to be short-listed for selection - that means we also haven't published a rating for it. 20, 2021. Amongst the Alto, QSC, JBL, and Yamaha FRFR, I preferred the Yamaha DXR10 for their sound, rear panel control and connection features, and 7 year warranty. It has an ultra-slim design, and it is incredibly lightweight. yard flamingos for birthday. I will be selling my JBL's now. I inquired about a different speaker at an online store and was directed to the Yamaha given my needs and desire for something that won't break the bank. Deciding which of two you should purchase is really a difficult decision to make, that is why we are going to help you make the right choice. If you are looking for more low end, you can consider getting a PA subwoofer. It points to the upper limit of what speakers can do and as such is not a good standard to use. Compare QSC CP12-NA vs Yamaha DBR12 | B&H Photo To get you started, here are some of our published guides: Powered speakers (This guide. A pair of any of those aught to be fine however I think you'd get the best value out of the QSC K12.2 based on all the research we've done. As always, we've included detailed descriptions and specifications for each powered speaker, along with their strengths and weaknesses as reported by actual users. Submitted by Joe (not verified) on Oct. 4, 2019. The QSC CP12 also has LEDs to indicate the limiter action, power, and when the +25dB mic boost mode is engaged. 3 way powered speakers are better at spreading frequencies, and the SRX835P is a great example, very good at handling of lows, mids and highs even at high volume levels. As a monitor, this is great. The Alto and the Headrush are virtually the same cabinet, both sound excellent and way better than they should for the money. There is only a single volume control for each channel. There may be bigger, better, more expensive powered speakers out there but at this weight the DBR10 is in a class of its own. Best 12" tops for the money - Gearspace.com TIA, in letting me know if there's a Powered Pole System that will meet the above needs shared. Digital & Modeling Gear Qsc K12 Or Yamaha Dxr 12 daacrusher2001 Nov 22, 2016 1 2 Next daacrusher2001 Silver Supporting Member Messages 7,122 Nov 22, 2016 #1 Decided I want one of these to amplify my Helix. If versatility and projection are your priorities at this price point, the QSC CP8 is tough to beat. Can't tell you much about the Yammies, but my K12's have been a great purchase for FOH duty. What is giving Ronnie Wood his tone in this song? Data about your interaction with this site and the ads shown to you may be shared with companies involved in the delivery and/or . It is smaller, lighter, slightly more powerful, and claims quite a bit stronger bass response than the DBR10 (we put an electric bass through our system for about 1/3 of our repertoire). As has been pointed out previously in this discussion, no manufacturers, including QSC, have paid any money or provided any benefit of any kind to us for anything we have done on Gearank.com. Yup, one company rated their speaker as 2,000 watts peak and 200 continuous! Just like the QSC CP12, the QSC K12 also has plenty of control and connectivity options. Overall, the B210D isn't perfect, but it's still the best powered speaker in its class with good power output and decent features. Also carrying my own gear, so 15's are too heavy/large for me to carry. What's important is you have enough channels for all input sources. Compare with similar items. Solid construction and versatile. Wow no love for the Alto Blacks OR TrueSounds? Even asingle CP8, perhaps with amini-sub (the nearest QSC product would be the KS112) would easily provide the levels needed for more modest venues such as lounges and bars. Key Specs Bluetooth Enabled No No Number Of Speakers 2 1 Peak Power 700 watts 2000 watts Minimum Frequency Response 55 Hz 60 Hz Maximum Frequency Response 20 kHz 18 kHz Number Of Speakers There seems to be a lot of people experiencing an issue with the newest QSC firmware (1.2.0.3200; failures are mostly in K10.2s, for some reason). The philosophy behind the introduction of the CP Series is all about providing amore affordable entry point into the QSC speaker range, but without simply producing a'cutdown' version of an existing design. I purchased this unit. This is why many love buying active loudspeakers. The best PA speakers in the market right now have advances in amplification tech that enables them to be built smaller and more efficient than ever before. I vastly prefer the Headrush/Alto to it for guitar FRFR purposes. There's a reason why so many users are giving the JBL SRX835P 5-star ratings - should be at the top of your list if you're looking for a solid fixed speaker for a medium to big size venue. cool gorilla tag color codes - reallyopen.com DBR series - Overview - Yamaha - Music - Australia General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion. The DBR12 has more powerful amp and higher spl rating. Submitted by Mike (not verified) on Jul. It also features a built-in 2-channel mixer for single box operation. I think the DBR12 will drown if other band members turn their dedicated amps up. __________________________________________________ _____, Been rocking two QSC K12's, one QSC K8 and a QSC KW181 and wont try anything else now. It also comes with high-quality aluminum handles. It seems like the perfect speaker for someone as lazy about lugging equipment as me. Comparison of JBL EON612 and Yamaha DXR12 based on specifications, reviews and ratings. As someone who has been on both sides of the speakers (musician & Sound Man) for almost 45 years, I can tell you, you're in for a VERY pleasant surprise. I can confirm that you can actually use these at the same time as the line input. Daniel Barnett: Yamaha DBR10 Review. Knowing what a speaker or amp can handle for a millisecond is absolutely useless. Did I mention that this unit proudly offers up 2000 watts of power? Best Yamaha PA speaker for Helix? My guess is that the QSC CP8 / CP12 is designed for the same market demographic that the Bose S1 Pro is aimed at: Solo performers wanting small lightweight system for using in small venues. Congratulations! Ialso used the CP12s as floor monitors on alarger outdoor stage, and they delivered the goods very well indeed. agitato Member 380 Posted November 18, 2018 Meant overall choice. Today we removed the following speaker due to a lack of availability: Yamaha DXR12. Smaller events only need as much as 2 powered 12"/15" Main speakers and 1 subwoofer. Submitted by Robert (not verified) on Jun. Usually consisting of either: 2" high horns, 12" speaker mids, & 18" lows/subs(or some similar combo), w/a separate rack of amps to push the spkrs. I've used it one time as a FOH main for a small acoustic duo. Here at Gearank.com we don't do head-to-head comparisons, we primarily do guides to an overall category. 24, 2018. Sounds about as (non-)loud as just using a mono TS phono cable from the DTX output to the combo input. May 24, 2021 qsc cp12 vs yamaha dbr12best jobs for every zodiac sign. It also allows you to fine-tune your favorite presets. January 21, 2022 qsc cp12 vs yamaha dbr12pss learning pool login. Having a lighter speaker without compromising power is always welcome in these situations. Audio specification of the QSC K12:QSC CP12SpecificationsConfigurationActive 2-WayTotal Power Capacity2000 WattsAmplifier Power RatingLF: 1800 Watts PeakHF: 225 Watts PeakAmplifier ClassClass-DHF Driver1 x 1.4 / 35.6mm Titanium Compression DriverLF Driver1 x 12 / 30.48 cm WooferFrequency Range (-10 dB)45 Hz to 20 kHzFrequency Response (-6 dB)50 Hz to 20 kHzMaximum SPL126 dB (Continuous)132 dB (Peak)Coverage Angle75 degrees (conical)if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'thehifiguide_com-leader-1','ezslot_6',560,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thehifiguide_com-leader-1-0'); The QSC K12 is also equipped with a Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) that provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural dead or hot frequency zones. The preset names describe what they do, but there is some interaction between the contour and mic boost settings, in that if the system contour is set to Dance or 'Dance with sub' and the input B mic boost is switched in, input B automatically changes to the Speech contour in addition to adding 25dB of input gain. The extra mic gain is applied by asingle press of the Boost button, which toggles between mic and line settings and has an associated LED to indicate the current status. Overall, the QSC CP12 is a high-quality active speaker that can produce excellent sound quality. It will meet my need for a smaller, easy-to-carry powerful unit for smaller setups. QSC CP12 vs Yamaha DBR10 | Full Comparison Using the mono (L) out with a 1/4" phono cable and a DTX700 module. We could hear the bass guitar clear without any major eq"s, vocals sound clear and crisp, and we could also hear the cajon clearly. The feel of its construction is more substantial and it oozes a little higher quality than the Yamaha (purely subjective). Submitted by Djimbe (not verified) on Dec. 23, 2016. Is there a Gearank comparison of 3 way powered pa speakers? Further details: Things To Consider When Buying Powered PA Speakers (FAQs), Methodology - How We Chose Which Speakers To Recommend, Highest Rated Powered PA Speaker Under $250, Highest Rated Powered PA Speaker Under $500, Highest Rated Powered Stage Monitor Under $500, Highest Rated Powered PA Speaker Between $500 and $1000, Highest Rated Powered PA Speaker Under $2000, Electro-Voice ZLX-15BT Powered PA Speaker, You can click here for the JBL and Cerwin Vega speakers, along with their Gearank scores, that made it to our short-list in the Music Gear Database, Best Microphone Under $100 | USB & XLR Condenser Mics, Best IEMS (In Ear Monitor Systems) for Musicians, Best Vocal Effects Pedal / Processor Guide, Best Cheap Guitar Pickups for Strat, Tele & Les Paul, Grille is easily dented - doesn't affect performance but can be unsightly over time, Super lightweight for the power it offers, Great all-rounder - handles FOH, Stage Monitoring and Subwoofers well, Reliable and comes with a 7 Year Warranty, It's also a good 'FRFR' instrument amp - works well with guitar and amp modeling, Professional appearance suitable for weddings and corporate gigs, A bit lacking on the bottom end - see the, Also works brilliantly as both FOH and a Stage Monitor - at publication time is was the, Pairs well with most subs - great with the, Versatile - good for either FOH or stage monitors, Limited projection due to the small woofer, Highly detailed sound particularly in the midrange, Versatile - performs great for both FOH and stage monitoring duties, Too big and heavy for typical band setups, Brilliantly suited to medium to large venue installation, Good balance of projection and frequency response across the range. It is smaller, lighter, slightly more powerful, and claims quite a bit stronger bass response than the DBR10 (we put an electric bass through our system for about 1/3 of our repertoire). After about a 2.5+ decade hiatus of music involvement (bands & sound engineering), recently been helping some old friends; so, kinda getting back into it. Helix. If you know what you are doing it will sound great. I have the Headrush, my bassist has the Alto 315 and I own a QSC K10. Submitted by Jason Horton on Feb. 22, 2017. Interesting Essay On Sampling Rights and Reforms. This particular model comes with a three-way speaker design that can really put out some serious volume, sporting a 15" LF driver, a 6.6" MF driver and a 1.75" tweeter. the ELX is sold as a 'live sound' speaker..does it matter? The CP8 delivered astrong midrange, and Irolled off the top end to achieve amore mellow balance with my test tracks, then put it back in again with alive singer/guitarist who happened to be in the studio. Mix output is also via one XLR connection. Both shows were outdoors, 4 person band, 2 guitars, 3 vocalists and me on bass. Amazon gave an average score of 4.8 stars out of 5 stars for its totality as an active loudspeaker. The QSC CP12 has an excellent bass extension for a 12-inch speaker. Both units have avery forward and crisp top end, with plenty in the midrange to support this. Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D Output Power Peak: 700W (500W LF, 200W HF) Output Power Continuous: 325W (260W LF, 65W HF) Frequency Response: 55Hz-20kHz (-10dB) Maximum Peak SPL: 129dB Crossover Frequency: 2.1kHz Enclosure: Plastic Mounting: Pole, Floor, Wedge Inputs: 1 x XLR/TRS Combo (Mic/Line) , 1 x XLR/TRS Combo (line only), 1 x Stereo Comparison of QSC CP12 and Yamaha DBR10 based on specifications, reviews and ratings. Has anyone tried the Yamaha DBR12 (or DBR15) with v-drums? Incorporating 225+ ratings and reviews. It may not display this or other websites correctly. QSC is the brand to beat when it comes to quality, reflected by the almost perfect ratings that a number of their products are getting. If you're interested in the FRFR aspect of the DBR10, we go into much more detail in this. The QSC K12 is equipped with an LCD screen to help you navigate to your preferred preset. Just curious as to how/why EAW (Eastern Acoustic Works) speakers never seem to make it into your ratings. Submitted by Jason Horton on Jun. Hello David Williams DXR10 user with Ax8 here - I'm extremely satisfied with it, no desire at all to upgrade. We and our partners use cookies to give you the best online experience, including to personalise advertising and content. The preset contours are Default, Dance, Floor Monitor and Speech, and the default and dance positions also have a'with sub' option, making atotal of six. We tried it out for our duo, including bass guitar, and it seems to have a bit more bass response than my Yamaha DBR10. Submitted by chris stoyan (not verified) on Dec. 20, 2019. The DBR12 has more powerful amp and higher spl rating. The negative comments about JBL are hilarious. JavaScript is disabled. We and our partners use cookies to give you the best online experience, including to personalise advertising and content. Although it is light and compact, it still has an integrated handle on top for easy transport. All of our product recommendations are guided by a scientific process involving statistical analysis of market sentiment using our proprietary Gearank Algorithm. Have you guys run into the "Protect Mode 4" issue on newer QSC K's? Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. Don't know if they'll fit in that range. The QSC K Series is quite simply the new standard in lightweight powered loudspeaker systems. Continuous (sometimes interchanged with RMS) is the better representation of how powerful a speaker really is, because it specifies the wattage in which it can operate safely for long periods. Do note that only one of the channels is capable of running at mic level gain and the aux channel gain is shared with line level at input 1. My personal experience with these speakers is from a local venue I set up sound for. and our Main/Top Image: Created by Gearank.com using photographs of the Mackie Thump15A, QSC K12.2 Powered PA Speaker and Electro-Voice ZLX-15BT Powered PA Speaker. In fact, Company/product listings on this page DO NOT imply endorsement by the site operator. QSC have been major players in the portable powered speaker world for some time, and their systems have gained areputation for power, performance and build quality. The rear control panel contains all the CP's I/O connections and controls, and is nicely recessed and protected by the contours of the enclosure. Submitted by Paul (not verified) on Jan. 1, 2017. Figured it would be better too just spend the extra now and get the better ones to start with, I think I'll be very pleased. The information which appears on this site is subject to change at any time. Speaking of which, why aren't 5" speakers included here? It's worth noting that the current draw of these speakers is under 1A (only 0.31A running on 240V mains at one-eighth power) so you can use quite afew of them on asingle domestic circuit. In the past 2 weeks of digging into PA systems I've found peak:continuous ratios of 2:1 4:1 5:1, even 10:1!!