My life is way too important to for crappy tires. The rear features multiple compounds, with a harder center and softer sides while the front is a single compound. Buy John Deere J27 Transmission & hydraulic fluid online now at 1,722 and compare with 6 other Transmission & hydraulic fluid (Date 01-Mar-2023) Wondering if anyone has experience with the Pirelli Diablo Rosso IV versus the Michelin Pilot Power, and the Pirelli Angel GT2 versus the Pilot power and the Rosso IV on the older 2001 model R1. For more information, visit michelinman.com/motorcycle. Following on the heels of the popular Bridgestone T31 comes its successor, the T32. Latest review from UK Motorcycle News for Sport-touring tyres specs was because there realistically wasnt any worth reporting by the time I wrote the review. Both front and rear tires are now fitted with Michelins 2CT+ Tech, for better rigidity at lean, resulting in more stability. I really like how these new Michelin Road 6 GT tires feel on my RT. It does better on wet asphalt thanks mainly to larger openings in the tread and improved siping design. my main use is traveling on paved highways! I've had road 5's on this year, I cannot compare vs Angel GT as ive never used them, but vs my old Bridgestone bt023's they are a massive improvement. Good for you! Well I preferred the pattern on the Pirelli haha oops! The Angel GT was designed for the primary purpose of providing regular wear and excellent water drainage guaranteed by both the front tire and by the arrangement of the grooves on the rear tire. Michelin Introduces The New Road 6 Tire For Sport - Motorcycle.com News That gives you a comparison of tire performance on dry and wet roads, snow and off-road. See our review policies for more information. Improved wet grip. Currently the bike has Pirelli Scorpion on the rear and Pirelli Angel GT on the front. It is peanuts compared to the benefits. I was asked to provide an update on the tire wear, so here are the photos and measurements this time to consider. Our riding style is just like 99% of the people out there buying these products, because were ordinary folks. Most impressive is how the tires are still hooking up on all road surfaces even when worn down to the bars. My CB 500x does as well and it was a big difference from PR2 to R5s! Our Top Sports Touring Tyres for 2019 - Demon Tweeks Blog Your chicken strips and tootling around comments are pretty funny and I think you realize it too. **September 2019 Update: I discovered that my front tire pressure was at 36psi instead of the factory recommended 42psi. Pirelli ANGEL GT Tyre Price in India for Tube & Tubeless Tyres - TyreDekho We rode some amazing routes in Southern/Central British Columbia. The latest evolution, called 2CT+ in Michelin-speak, is designed to enhance stability in strong acceleration, cornering, and heavy. My current commuter bike is a f800GT with 106K miles and Ive only replaced the tires 4 times since I bought the bike with 7k miles. Pirelli Angel GT 2 vs Michelin Road 5 I know this forum seems to like the Pirelli Angel GT 2 tires, but the Michelin Road 5s also seem like a really good tire. Mike. I have road 4 currently in my CBR 650F in India. Total weight I think is over 600 lbs plus my 250. For a seat-of-the-pants evaluation, Michelin supplied a set of Road 6s in the GT spec, which is reinforced for the added weight of heavier sport-tourers, to mount on my 2014 BMW R 1200 RT. On wet, curvy roads in my home region of western Massachusetts, my RT shod with Road 6 GTs felt planted across a wide range of speeds and during intentionally hard braking. Tests des pneus moto - Pneus Moto As for tread life predictions, close to a quarter million miles in the saddle has taught me that tire life varies with the quality of road surfaces, how much weight a bike carries, how hard a rider accelerates, brakes, and turns, and no doubt other factors. OP. Pirelli Angel GT II Tires | 22% ($75.87) Off! As for the Pirelli Angel GT II analysis - it impressed reviewers at Gear Patrol, a source that's known for its objective testing and well-thought-out methodology - it performed great in its "The Best Rain Tires for Motorcycles" roundup and earned the "Ranked 3 out of 5" title. I think perhaps you can push it a bit further with many more genteel bikes, but my 200hp H2 low flying missile devours tires even in ideal conditions with traction control enabled! Became a journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic just so I understand what makes the magic happen in all kinds of power train. The Road 5 tires will be excellent on your Gixxer I have no doubt of that but for road riding and not track racing. Just put the R5s on and while I had both wheels off the H2 I noticed something that might explain the 42 psi front recommendation. Both are excellent tyres to be fair. 3) Bridgestone Battlax T31 - 8.5 / 10. I may have to put on a set of the Pirellis to see how they compare. I was confused between Angel GT and PR5 but now I will go for Road 5. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. However then the tyre fitter threw the GT 2s into the mix and now I'm sitting here doubting myself. I once got caught in a torrential downpour on the interstate and with 2 of water rolling down the road I still felt incredibly planted. Were different than the majority of whats out there and thats a good thing. No one (myself included) can ride a 200 hp motorcycle gently. Michelin Road 5 x Pirelli Angel GT2! Michelin Road 5 = $384; Pirelli Angel GT II = $368; Continental RoadAttack III = $327; Metzeler Roadtec 01 = $332. Our reviews are hands-on, detailed, and unbiased. With plenty more power, torque and electronic aid on offer in modern day performance bikes the pressure and forces exerted on the tyres, particularly on track, are like never before. Handling remains as it did the first 2,000 miles, so very positive. Ive had other people tell me they also got 16000kms out of them too. The front tires feature aramid belt construction and the rears are steel belted. Im guessing I might get 8000 miles on the rear when its all said and done. Only the very center of the tire is beginning to flatten out very slightly, but it cant be any more than maybe a few millimeters total thats rubbed off. You must log in or register to reply here. I got my bike on July 28th 2014 I think theres an outside chance Ill get close to 10,000 out of the rear tire at least if I behave myself out there. I dont think youll go wrong with either. The Sicilian Clan Pirelli invited us for a life-size test drive on the back roads of Sicily with the Angel ST. Rather new conditions that change the Bridgestone T32 and T32 GT tire test. These are our picks for best sport-touring tires. Michelin Road 5 Tires Hands-On Review: Super Sticky - webBikeWorld Pirelli Angel GT vs Pirelli Angel ST - TireWheelGuide.com Not too shabby. If I get the tread life everyone seems to be reporting, I will be very happy. It really added to the bikes suspension noticeably. Got 15000 km out of the last Set of Road 5s in my ZX14-R and we do have some pretty shitty roads here down under . Bridgestone S22 and T31 are both over . Extended Mileage Sport (EMS) - best in class for mileage and grip. For touring thats desirable but for racing I would go for a different tire. Again, Im smiling and congratulating myself on making a wise purchase. I ride a versys 650, i have no chicken strips (on the rear) and have got the tyres peeling on a few occasions. Hi Guys, I need to change the tires of my Multistrada 1200 2015 and I'm in doubt between these 2 models! Thanks for sharing. As I've mentioned before in other posts, this is my first bike, I dont push the bike hard enough with big lean angles or corner at very high speeds (not yet anyway) I'm doing a lot of riding in all weather to get used to it and build my skills and confidence before summer so my thought process was a sport touring tyre would suit my needs best. In the photo above you can see the softer side rubber contrasted with the harder center layer rubber. The secondary highway leading to Canmore, Alberta called the 1A is my favorite local road to ride because of the view and the variety of road surface. So how are the tires wearing now that Im rapidly approaching the 3000-mile mark? I just got some road 5s installed today and I didnt know much about them , just that they were recommended at the shop I go to . Motorrad magazine 06/20 > Michelin Commander 2 Bikes got famous because of their excellent grip during rain ME H-D! It was the first Michelin sports touring tyre to feature the XST+ sipe technology that clears water to provide exceptional wet weather handling and reduced braking distances. Pirelli Angel GT II 1 Michelin Road 5 Motorcycle Tyres: Are they any good? - YouTube Should say My Kawi needs jack stands, some boards, Dan thats great info and totally adds up. Nothing that Ive heard yet, unfortunately. I guess this Ninja isnt quite as dainty as I thought. 2009 Yamaha Fazer FZ1-S 1000 Michelin claims even after 3000 miles a new Road 5 tire will perform just like a brand new PR4. This is mentioned in the write up too. Get yours at the nearest Michelin dealer. New tires - Pilot Road 5 or Battlax T31? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum My Ninja makes it especially tempting to ride it like I stole it. 45.77.240.32 (Ive run Pilot Roads, Pilot Road 2s, and Pilot Road 3s on my Honda ST1300, and Pilot Road 4 GTs on my RT.) I checked Revzilla and both tires have the right sizes for my 2019 MT09 and they are only about $30 different in price for a set. Im not sure what Ill try after these tires. Learn more about us. When the tires arrived, I noticed they share the more rounded, less pointy profile Ive come to expect from Michelins sport-touring tires. This review popped up at just the right moment. Tubeless. It was downright lovely! Klaus. 17 Oct 2018 at 17:30. Thanks very much for taking the time to share what you have learned with the rest of us. With the RoadAttack 4, Continental says the tire has even faster warm-up times in cold and wet conditions (presumably compared to the RoadAttack 3), for better performance, sooner. BRIDGESTONE T31 - 245 PAIR 'Great value and longevity' TYRE SPEC Character - More touring bias Operating. They tell me its not uncommon in heavy sport touring bikes to have this happen because of road crown working on it, unfortunately. Some riders may feel theyre too cushy, but theyre my new favorite all around tire hands down. Hi Jim Pruner, The folks at Michelin explained that the Road 6, with 100% Silica Technology, continues to make incremental gains in both grip and durability qualities that tend to oppose each other while preserving performance and comfort. Michelin has been making motorcycle tires since 1892. Allow me to unpack it a bit. I know people who have said they're disappointed in the new Michelin PR5. Not looking back. Click to reveal Been running Pilot (Road Pilot on ST 1300 and GS1200. Check out more of Riders motorcycle tire reviews. The GT II builds on the GT by incorporating technology from the Diablo WET racing tire with a distinct silica compound and tread pattern. This is due to road crown working on it because of my typical riding position in the left tire track of my lane. Actual results may vary. Steel thread runs parallel to the tires rotation and the tension and spacing between the threads varies to tune the carcass stiffness for various sections of the tire profile, allowing for increased stability in the center of the tire and maximum grip on the edges. Thats generally what most reviewers do and I will tow the line on the next one for sure. My 110000 FJ09miles with25 rear and 15 front tires recently included a set of Angel GT2s - its a weird tire with some strong and one extremely weak point. I'd go with the tread pattern you like best as there isn't really much in it. I purchased the tires from a local shop. . I have the new tracer 900 GT which came with Dunlop D222 & are a bit pants TBH, 3000 miles so far & showing quite a bit of wear. Thats a great motorcycle and it should be enjoyed. Great wear, good in all conditions (i have not tried snow or ice) and really grippy, I dont notice any wiggle on cornering. We use cookies to improve your experience on this website and so that ads you see online can be tailored to your online browsing interests. Its nearly finished thanks to some pronounced cupping wear going on in the middle area as you can see in the photos below. Michelin Road 5 vs Pirelli Angel GT; Dunlop SP Sport Maxx vs Michelin Road 5; Dunlop RoadSmart II vs Michelin Road 5; Bridgestone Battlax BT . Both the front and rear feature dual compounds for supporting both mileage and grip, and theyve added extra sipes to better disperse water and even out the tires wear characteristics. -MKL RandyShields Members 1.2k Joined Aug 2002 Posted November 13, 2019 Moshe, you really hit on a hot spot with your tire review. Comparison. It depends on the kind of bike you have, the kind of riding youre doing, and how aggressively you ride (or dont ride), among other things. ANGEL GT is priced at Rs 13870 whereas the Road 5 is priced at Rs Price Coming Soon. I put Power 5 on my 1260, works like a charm!, excellent grip in all conditions. It also provides confidence while braking on corner entry, or in a straight line. I put the R5s on my R1150R in February this year, did 3,000 km on 42/36 psi and I am down to the first thin marker line. Buy Now! Generally speaking, sport-touring tires try to find the sweet spot between a true sport and touring tire, so by default, the answer lies somewhere in between. Man, was it fun on a performance oriented machine like the H2SX is when wearing grippy tires like these. Michelin introduces the Road 6 and Road 6 GT - BMW K1600 Forum Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa vs Pirelli Angel GT; Michelin Pilot Road 4 vs Pirelli Angel ST; Michelin Pilot Road 4 vs Pirelli Angel GT; Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S21 vs Pirelli Angel GT; Pirelli Diablo Rosso II vs Pirelli Angel GT; Pirelli Angel GT vs Avon 3D Ultra Supersport; Michelin Road 5 vs Pirelli Angel GT; Bridgestone Battlax BT 023 . Best Sport-Touring Tires To Take You The Long Way To Anywhere Hopefully the Pirelli guys show up and weigh in on this. The 12/2013 edition of the German magazine compared the new Pirelli Angel GT to Metzeler Roadtec Z/8 Interact M/O, Bridgestone T30, Continental Road Attack 2, Dunlop Roadsmart 2 and Michelin Pilot Road 3 . It's not going to give you a tank slapper but you will feel a bit of handlebar shake especially above 75 mph. Had them on for approx. Thanks for braving the elements to garner some good impressions for us. This bike has a huge forward weight bias. The sport-touring tire segment is an interesting one because the goal is to blend supersport corner-carving grip and performance with mile-munching cruiser type wear and longevity two opposite sides of the spectrum. A dual compound rear, with softer shoulders for more edge grip but a harder central compound for maximum mileage. MICHELIN ROAD 5 - Motorbike Tyre | MICHELIN Malaysia Official Website Still, this is encouraging to me after so many miles on the rear of a 200 hp motorcycle. So this begs the question: How much cornering grip are you willing to sacrifice in favor of a long-lasting tire you wont have to change each season, and how often will you be tilting the horizon vs. riding in a straight line? For all weather commuting I definitely prefer the Road 5s wet performance. Even this one. CONTINENTAL Road Attack 3, PIRELLI Angel GT and BRIDGESTONE T30 EVO tyres, in dimensions 120/70 ZR17 (front) and 180/55/ZR17 (rear) on a Kawasaki Z900 . Pirelli Angel GT's are over $100 cheaper and are a fantastic tire. Michelin PR4 on the left and Road 5 on the right. in line with modern day hypersport bikes, with improvements to both wet grip and cornering performance. These 200 horsepower, supercharged Ninjas are renowned for wearing out rear tires in less than 2500 miles regularly. The remaining tread depth is 3 mm front and 5 mm rear. 1; 2; Next. There werent any traction issues through that mess, just the opposite in fact. wBW providessubjective opinionsand information on hard-to-find and unique motorcycling products. Riding away from the shop after having the new rubber installed back and front I immediately noted how much more insulated I felt from the road compared to the Bridgestone Battlax tires I had spent 5600 miles on. He regularly gets over 6000 miles out of a rear even on that behemoth bike of his so I was leaning that way for sure. Now I have the new Road 5s and they are very comparable to the Roadtec 01s, which came off at about 25% tread before the wear bars because of a puncture. As advertised the Ninja held beautifully in corners or straightaways. The Pirelli ANGEL GT II are the benchmark sport touring tyres when it comes to mileage, which is unprecedented in this particular segment. I would tend to say look at what your specific motorcycle owners manual has to say and stick with that tire pressure recommendation. Michelin has released the Road 6 and it shows available for the GTL. The front tires compound consists of a single-compound construction with 100% silica for wet-weather grip. Sport touring bikes like the KTM 1290 Super Duke GT and Kawasaki H2 SX (and many others) deliver horsepower numbers well north of 150 that can decimate the life of a tire. I would expect a measurement on the brand new tyres and again after 3000 miles. Clearly, Im not spending enough time cornering, eh? When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Pirelli Angel GT 2 vs Michelin Road 5 : r/FZ09 - reddit.com Favorite Rides & Destinations Digital Edition, New Gear: Anthonys Leatherworks Motorcycle Leather Restoration Products, Services, New Tour: Adriatic Moto Tours Bonjour Provence Tour, Guillermo Cornejo | Ep. Ive finally hit the end of the useable life of these Road 5 tires on my Ninja and the total is impressive. Im glad to hear the Road 5 is working for you too Eric. Only rode through heavy rain once with them on - had a moment with a bit of slip from the rear on acceleration, but likely more to do with an eager right hand than the tires. 4) Continental Road Attack 3 - 8.1 / 10. the way it looks to me is that I am going to get 8,000 km max out of the rear! Smart design! The Road 6 also features a new Michelin technology called Water Evergrip, a sipe design that allows the tires to evacuate water consistently, even as they wear. Theres plenty of valuable insight in this write up. 2016 changed to Michelin Pilot Road 4 front and Rear Michelin Road Tire History I'm running stock tire but now I'm looking for new tire between Michelin PilotRoad 5 and Pirelli Angel GT2. The new tire range comprises six front and eight rear sizes, while the GT tire range is available in one front and three rear sizes. The Continental Contiroad Attack 3, Pirelli Angel GT and Metzeler RoadTec 01 were distant seconds behind the Road 5 tires. Are you still laughing?!? 2023 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved. As the deluge continued, I stopped in a parking lot to get some photos. I ride chasing Ducati's through the Blue Ridge aggressive and I find NO performance difference. Im not sure theres much more to say about them. True. Im currently at 15,000 km and they still stick like glue to the road. On my Versys 650, after the factory Bridgestones I put on Pilot Road 4s, much better, espeically in the wet. Pirelli vs Michelin: Who Makes the Better Tire? - Tire Passion Pirelli ANGEL GT vs Michelin Road 5 - TyreDekho I recently realized that I was running too low air pressure for a while on the bike and I believe that accelerated the wear as well. For reference, I only do street riding for now, so track performance is not a particular concern, but I do ride fairly aggressively in the mountains of WV and PA. The larger openings in the tread are adept at picking up gravel and tossing it indiscriminately at my friends behind me. In a few extremely sharp corners I noticed that when I really leaned hard the friction patch shifted from the harder center section of these tires fully onto the much softer sides and gave me a noticeable wiggle. Hello there, after reading your comments Ive just ordred a pair PR 5 Ill mount them on a KTM 1290 Gt it is pretty tuff to the tires Perelli Gt angel 5500 km rear tire so iam expecting some more km to this tire .Iam going on track 14/9 so Ill se if it wrigles I provided close up photos of the tread when new vs at the time of review to illustrate this. I'm mostly looking for which tire offers a better blend of longevity, performance, and weather handling, as it does rain regularly here. Du magst 1000PS und. I'm aware, but the T32 costs $100 more per set (and more than a set of Road 5 here in Canada), so I'll stick with T31's for now. The 12/2013 edition of the German magazine compared the new Pirelli Angel GT to Metzeler Roadtec Z/8 Interact M/O, Bridgestone T30, Continental Road Attack 2, Dunlop Roadsmart 2 and Michelin Pilot Road 3. 8/24/2022: Replaced Michelin Road 5 GT with Road 6 GT, replaced Continental RoadAttack3 with RoadAttack4, and added Dunlop Mutant tires. Your review was a big deciding factor. A new generation of . Highly disappointed. I'll let you know - just put a set on my FJ-09. I plan to run 42psi on the rear and 40 on the front. I encountered a lot of construction as expected during the short Canadian summer on the trip, and so I was riding through patches of pea gravel and dirt often. Previous motorcycleI also run this stock D222 and I changed it to Metzeler Roadtec 01. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. My Kawasaki Ninja Z1000 ABS (Streetfighter naked bike) has only 140Bhp compared to your 2018 Kawasaki H2 SXSE 200+ bhp. BRIDGESTONE T32: Comparative test results UTAC Ceram - myNETmoto I once had a set of Pirelli Angel GTs on my Tuono 1100 (for a Pyrenees trip). Then I went to Metzler Roadtec 01s, Those were MUCH better in the dry than the PR4s. my main use is traveling on paved highways! The tyres have great grip. Will post an update when I swap them out. This complete range provides fitments for everything from small roadsters such as the KTM 390, through trail bikes, and up to GT machines such as the BMW K1600 GT/GTL. OP . Road motorcycle tyres | Pirelli It all comes down to the tapered sipes coming off the large openings wearing away more quickly on narrow openings compared to these larger ones. I even got to try it on some gravel which had been pulled out from side roads onto the 1A. You can spot the change in compounds in the photos I took of the tires quite easily. Nv & J.F.F - Motor gumi a legolcsbban, motorgumi webruhz - webshop I thought all roadbike tyres were designed for 36psi front and 42psi rear? And then someone already used any of these what did you think? Road 5 vs Storm 2 Ultra . Fortunately, tire technology is advancing each year and manufacturers like those listed below have offerings that compromise very little side grip and performance in favor of centerline longevity. My previous 2019 Michelin Road 5 logged 16,475km or 10,237.00 miles on 245KPa /290KPa 35.5psi/42psi. I already replace my Dunlops with another set, so remind me in about 18,000 miles and we can throw a different brand / model on to see how it holds up. ducati.ms is an independent Ducati enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Michelin invented dual-compound rubber for motorcycles. Pirelli Angel GT - 207 Euro (set excl. They are Z rated so not as much rubber as a lesser rated tire might have achieved. I was very impressed with the wet road and dry road grip. Thanks for sharing. Then I heard about the newest improvement on the PR4 tires and decided that was the way to go instead because these tires are supposed to be longer lasting AND get better traction than the PR4 especially on wet roads. Revzillas Lemmy does a great video presentation about the Road 5 and talks about all the important features here. And since the RoadAttack 4 doesnt use differing compounds, theres a continuous transition when moving from the side of the tire to the center, or vice versa. Great review in my opinion. 8000 seems a bit short of what I would hope for from the R5. My latest choice for tyres is the Michelin Road 5, a highly rated motorcycle tyre that generally receives very positive reviews. Im at 4700 miles on mine now and my front still looks basically new while my rear is just barely beginning to show signs of the middle flattening out ever so slightly. Rode with them 300+ miles over this weekend. Additionally, the 01s feature a shorter, wider contact patch that according to Metzeler, is 5% larger than its Z8 predecessor. Im running Road 4s on my BMW K1600GT and I really noticed how the voids on the Road 5 and now Road 6 are so much larger/deeper than they are on the Road 4. Im shedding a set of Dunlop Road IVs the rear went bald in the center at around 6 thousand miles which disappointed me a little; I am not an aggressive driver and go easy on the throttle 95% of the time. tirewheelguide.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. By Find out which tyre is best for you - compare the two models on the basis of their price, features, size, and other specs. 1999 Hayabusa GSX1300R (Gen 1) I fixed that and got it back to factory recommended 42psi but I havent put many miles on the ninja since my KTM 790 adventure showed up. Thats accurate about me for sure. On the outside edge sipes, I got a lot more at 5.61mm remaining. They seem pretty good. The wear seems to have slowed as well, though I havent put many miles on the Ninja since the KTM 790 adventure came into my life last June and I focused on reviewing that bike and the Motoz Tires I installed on it. I tried the Road 5 tires on my 2016 Multistrada 1200s and they suited the bike well. And then someone already used any of these what did you think? Coupled with Michelins 2CT technology it offers good mileage for all weather touring! Andrew youre an animal but I think its great! Could you post an update about your mileage and tire wear? CONTINENTAL ContiRoadAttack 3 tires, PIRELLI Angel GT tires, BRIDGESTONE T30 EVO tires, and MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 tires in dimensions 120/70 ZR17 (front) and 180/55/ZR17 (rear) on a 2013 Suzuki Bandit 1250, conducted in Ladoux, France. They have been great in the rain and at various speeds. Has anyone heard if this tire resolves the problem with the tire rubbing on the shaft drive housing that the 5's have. Ill post back here in a few months to give an update as to the Angels on the same bike. Pirelli's Angel GT II is the Angel GT's successor, and the goal was to improve upon wet grip and handling and increased tread life. The chicken strips on the worn tires are less than a 1/4 in width and I leaned exactly 38 degrees with them several times during testing (the Ninja has an inclinometer on the dash so I know). Appreciate the info! Tyres - Michelin RS or Metzeler M7RR - Page 1 - Biker Banter Avon calls its premier sport touring tire, the Spirit ST, an Ultra-High Performance Hypersport Touring Tire. It features interlocking three-dimensional points hidden in the sipes that aim to improve stability and grip, while simultaneously limiting tread flex and allowing for quick warm up times. There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.