One reason I'll always do a test-recording and watch/listen back, along with including sync flash/beep markers to verify sync between things like webcams, mics, desktop audio, captured video, and any video capture devices. It was only a couple days ago when I learned that scene nesting was even possible - you've now given me some ideas for how to use it. 1. How to Capture Game Audio in OBS and Other Recorders Try removing the programs that may take control of your audio device and test. If youve set everything up on PC but still fail to bring back the desktop audio, you should take a look at the audio settings in OBS and make sure to select the proper devices. OBS Studio version: 26.0.2. 6) Select the Levels tab. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. You are using an out of date browser. It happened on August 16th - this Sunday I'll check and see if the log file from that day is still there (I don't know how long OBS keeps old log files). Read . Well occasionally send you account related emails. Also, uncheck the Convert Standard Definition to 640x480 and Stretch Standard Definition Input as this can cause issues. With advanced features and a sleek, user-friendly interface, this optimized software based on OBS Studio allows you to easily capture and stream high-quality video and audio. camera or game console), output resolution, and frame rate, Specifies the video format the device runs in. to your account, Operating system and version: macOS 11.0 (20A5395g) It's making me a bit insane. You can get the latest compatible sound drivers in two ways: manually or automatically. For instance, useful if you want to use an external microphone on a webcam and want to tie the audio directly to the source itself, If Use custom audio device is checked, specifies the separate audio device to link to the source, Sets the base resolution for the video device. The same is true for some audio Filters. If they don't work, set this to Custom, Sets the base resolution for the video device. Here is how to do that: Step 1: First, you need to click Files in OBS. Usb Capture Plus I'm not sure about for camera.. Might have to add a microphone to the scene and follow the steps for the video capture but for microphone instead. You should be able to test whether the audio input is working without involving OBS by going into the Windows sound control panel, then open the properties for the Digital Audio Interface under the 'Recording' tab. You are using an out of date browser. I have been tinkering with it nonstop and I have tinkered to the point where I cannot get the audio to work now. Direct Show Video Capture - OBS Classic - Help Files Video Capture Device Select your Web-Cam or Capture Card and change its settings. Guys please help me out for the past 1 week i have been trying to get sound from my capture card to stream to obs but it seems to no avail, i have read so many forum threads,watched youtube videos etc. I want this because generally on streams and recordings you want your voice to be louder than the game but for the game you want to hear as much as you can of game sounds for FPS so I wanted to send it through my OBS and then go to the desktop audio so I can route it into a sound program and modify it to hear it differently than my stream/recording would. Select as appropriate, then hit Apply and OBS will monitor with that device (even when you're already live or recording). No Audio (NIX Capture Card) - Plugable Support ok but im using HDMI video capture card, i guess its a china made one which its probably in the market and its a very cheap to be precise, 12:44:21.240: WASAPI: Device 'Digital Audio Interface (USB Digital Audio)' [96000 Hz] initialized. 5 Useful Methods to Fix the OBS Not Recording Audio Issue - MiniTool For anyone who wants to dig into this issue, here's where the macOS Video Capture Device source can be found. On Windows, for a device to work with OBS the drivers needs to support DirectShow output. Plug Play: This video capture card can bring a smooth plug-and-play recording experience, no driver . 3) Click Audio on the left pane. In OBS, do not select audio devices in the properties window of video capture device. Step 3: Then make sure you have the same tracks selected for recording. Restart your computer and check if the driver update helps your case. Video Capture Device Description The Video Capture Device Source allows you to add a variety of video devices, including but not limited to webcams and capture cards. If I could get this to work again that I would take it over no video game audio at all. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Question / Help - No audio from capture card | OBS Forums What is a "separate Control Room audio interface" - a piece of hardware? The Audio Output Mode gives me options: - Capture audio only. encoding parameters. If so, how does it connect to the computer to get this near-final mix's signal? when it's going into the stream). Set QuickTime as the Window Capture window. The audio started to come through instantly, with no additional changes on OBS. Hello everyone thanks so much for coming by and watching my videos if you are interested on other topics for the HDMI Capture cards please feel free to click any of this link videos that I have. This will play the audio back over them (so you can hear it), OBS will capture that audio on the Desktop channel instead of direct-playback, and send it out to the stream. Thanks, Jilliey! It's a popular choice by more experienced users since there are many different things you can tweak inside the software. OBS and OBS Studio are created and maintained by Jim. 1. The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: I've definitely seen this issue in our support channels, but it did not occur to me that something on our side might not be handling a potential audio feed that could be coming through. Development by OBS Studio Contributors. I need it to go through both sources. Perhaps OBS is strictly looking for audio devices on the system, and is not configured to accept audio capture as part of a video capture session from AVFoundation? then add the scene to each of your other scenes We'd need to see a logfile from a session where it happened to definitively see why the audio was missing though. HDMI Video Capture Card No Sound Problem Easy FIX for All Gaming Devices Infoblitz101 3.84K subscribers Subscribe 77K views 2 years ago Hello everyone thanks so much for coming by and. 1) Right-click the speaker icon at the taskbar and click Open Volume mixer. Portugus do Brasil Yep, we use AVFoundation. Open QuickTime. Franais ios audio video screen-capture quicktime Share Improve this question Follow Set Desktop Audio device in settings to the virtual audio device from step 5. Only to enable sound from the Capture Card to OBS. I did not like this but now the audio is gone completely. Then, select Stereo next to Channels. Then, type appwiz.cpl and click OK. 2) Right-click OBS Studio and click Uninstall/Change. Currently we have no worship leader, so we are using song videos I prepared. 9) Click your audio device and click Configure. 5) Click the device and click Properties. If you constantly bump into audio issues when using OBS, chances are that your audio driver is faulty or outdated. Select the menu called Desktop Audio Device. That would imply that there is a config problem with the device (for example audio coming through RCA and not HDMI) or a problem with the software that comes with the device and not an OBS problem. Just like with eGPUs before it, OBS should be querying what is available, and surfacing relevant functionality. So you tell the OBS studio software to what content it should capture and what should be heard in the recording. Fix OBS not capturing Game Audio on Windows 11/10 - The Windows Club Instead of setting Output Desktop Audio (DirectSound) I changed it to Output Desktop Audio (WaveOut), and made a test recording. Euskara (), Open any driver configuration utilities. Then, select "Add Existing", choose "Desktop Audio", and hit "OK". Privacy Policy. Method 3: Modify OBS Settings. From here, there is a 'Listen' tab, with a checkbox that enables listening to the audio being captured by the capture card. Pass system audio through a virtual audio device, such as Blackhole or Soundflower. Or else, just exit the mixer. That must be why I didn't see that channel in the Audio Mixer at church. I hope you find my content helpful. Content, Article ID:002050052 If not, there is the last method to try. But I hear both in my headphones because the room's sound system is coming through the capture card - cacophony! If you dont know how to configure the settings correctly, follow the instruction below: 1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run command. Suomi The capturing program can access both Audio & Video (e.g. JavaScript is disabled. Then, type control and click OK. 2) Select Small icons from the drop-down menu next to View by, and click Sound. rendering lag --> GPU overload. Espaol How to capture audio from this cheap capture card using OBS If OBS Studio is muted in the Volume Mixer, no doubt you wont hear any desktop sound. Did you solve it? YAY I could even put it straight on OBS and it worked, with audio and everything. OBS Not Capturing Game Audio Check to see if your device is listed under Sound, video and game controllers. Deutsch Dansk llano Video Capture Card HDMI to USB 1080P Game Capture Card Recorder (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. To capture your game audio, click the "+" (plus) sign under "Sources" and select "Audio Output Capture". I'm starting to wonder if I was wrong to assume that my Windows laptop (i7-6500U dual core, 2.5GHz, 8G RAM) would have any more trouble than the Mac (i7-3720QM quad core, 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM). For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.