Unfortunately, the reality star, who also used the name Matthew Ventress, passed away on Feb. 8, 2022, as confirmed by brother Wayne Compton on Facebook. The My 600 Lb Life death list has eight names Henry Foots ( Season 1, Episode 3) Henry seen above shaking hands with Dr. Nowzaradan was just the second person ever to appear on My. Having followed Dr. Now's weight loss program between 2004 and 2011, Randall was able to lose around 400 pounds, which landed her at 253 pounds when the show was over. These individuals weighing over 600 lbs turn to Dr. Younan Nowzardan (Dr. By the time her weight loss journey began on the show, Biran weighed 631 pounds. Season 6, Episode 8 of his narrative aired four months after his passing.My 600-lb Life: Robert Buchel/YouTube. 'My 600-Lb Life' Couples: Find Out Who Split and Stuck Together Overall, the series is excellent at showing the multi-faceted layers of obesity and how it affects friends, family and ultimately,. My 600-lb Life is one of the most popular reality TV shows which has been showing on TLC since 2012. Lisa Ebberson is 51 and weighs 637 pounds as we begin My 600-Lb Life . And even though they were able to resuscitate him, a short time later, his heart stopped.My 600-lb Life: Sean Milliken/YouTube. Bonner struggled with obesity after a fatal accident that claimed his right leg. Her cause of death was not mentioned in her obituary, but The U.S. Sun reported that Krasley was experiencing some mysterious symptoms in the months before her death, and had shared some details with fans via vlogs. If you or anyone you know is struggling with addiction issues, help is available. Dr Younan Nowzaradan, an Iranian-born American resident doctor, helps morbidly obese people lose weight on My 600-lb Life. The syndrome has deadly complications like lung clots, cardiac arrest, blood infection, and muscle paralysis that prevents one from breathing. Fleming was 50 years old. "I still can't walk yet, still have really no feeling in my hands," she was quoted as saying in her last vlog that June. In their journey, they receive guidance from Dr. Younan Nowzaradan, AKA Dr. "He was rushed to the hospital, but there was nothing they could do. While on the program, Lisa was confined to bed, and needed seven paramedics to get her out, according toTMZ. My 600-lb Life star Dr. Nowzaradan is loved by many because of the witty remarks he makes. The mother of three passed away in her home in Texas at age 50 due to a fatal heart attack. The 56-year-old joined season six at 631 pounds and lost over 250 pounds. About two years later, Destinee's brother Wayne Compton posted a mourning message on Facebook to confirm the 30-year-old's death. But a string of recent tragedies has unfortunately increased the number of people on the My 600 Lb Life death list. Since TLC's My 600-lb Life premiered in 2012, the show has featured stars who have tragically passed away during and after their mission to lose weight. Apparently, Randall died of sepsis, which arose out of an infection. Everything was going well until the doctors gave her the Guillain-Barr Syndrome diagnosis. Animation. Choose between our classic clear display case that has been specifically created for this product, or upgrade your order to include our exclusive Wicked Brick in-house designed A neighbor and friend, Ashley Boone, told Radar, "I think [Renee's death] changed him because he had to become independent which he'd never been before." He had joined the show to shed weight before their upcoming wedding. However, he is also one of a handful of patients who Dr. Now discharged TLC stopped filming King, because he apparently wasn't cooperating with the process. Apr 2, 2005 I would like to go but I cannot since the ninth is my wedding. Lisa Fleming's weight problems began when she was a child. After weighing over 900 pounds at the beginning of his debut episode, Sean lost more than 300 but his mother, Renee, passed away in 2017, and Seans Houston apartment flooded when Hurricane Harvey devastated the city that same year. While the show is equal parts inspiring and upsetting, "My 600-lb Life" follows people who have crossed far past morbid obesity into the realm of life-threateningly overweight and their journey to get healthier. This wasn't the case, however, and Henry lived for another year before he died in May 2013. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. But despite that, the damage to her heart up to this point was just too severe.". One of the more shocking cast members to ever appear on "My 600-lb Life" was then 49-year-old Lisa Fleming. And, making this turn of events even more tragic was the fact that she was on the cusp of achieving all the goals she set out to. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The socialite hoped the show would help her bury her old self because she did not see herself being alive the following year due to her weight. Destinee LaShaee wasthe first trans person to appear on My 600-lbLife. She was 30 years old. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his loving and extensive family. And his weight loss continued even after the cameras stopped rolling. James "LB" Bonner James Bonner, also known as LB began his journey of weight loss with My 600-lb Life during season 6. James was also a participant from season 6 and sadly, he took his own life prior to the death of Fleming. Lisa sleeps with a CPAP mask and is totally bedridden. Life" has died, their brother announced in a moving Facebook post Tuesday. How many members of the My 600 Lb Life cast have died since the show began? After Dr. Now sent her to a hospital, she dropped 100 pounds. A cause of death was not offered and remains unknown to the public. This morning I sat and held your hand for 4 hours knowing nothing I couldve done would bring you back to me. Mason'salready poor eating habits she essentially grew up on fast food and found comfort in eating amid her troubled childhood got even worse after she was raped by a neighbor at nine years old. Per his obituary, Henry simply went home to be with the Lord.. After losing enough weight to be approved . James is survived by his wife, Lisa, six children, and 19 grandchildren. My 600-lb Life's Coliesa McMillan died in 2020 TLC The most recent cast member of My 600-lb Life to pass away was Coliesa McMillan, a Season 8 star who dropped 150 pounds during her time on the show, according to The Cinemaholic. What led to the 47-year-old's death is still unknown, but reports indicated that he succumbed to something not related to the surgery. Kelly was also one day away from her 42nd birthday. Destinee was always very vocal about mental health as well, discussing their struggles with depression on the show and social media alike. Gina Krasley was over 600lbs when she came to the show in season 8 with her wife, Beth. Tips: E-mail john@starcasm.net or Twitter @john_starcasm. The CDC defines cellulitis as a "common bacterial skin infection that causes redness, swelling, and pain in the infected area of the skin. Over the course of the next three years, they lost more than 500 pounds. The news was both shocking and tragic, considering the fact that she had exhibited a dramatic transformation during her treatment. Dr. Nowzaradan expressed condolences to Buchel's mother and fiance. Sean's father, Matt Milliken, visited to help him transition to independence. 2018 . This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. "No no no I'm sorry. "It is starting to resemble Munchausen syndrome by proxy where the parents allow the child to be hurt or hurt the child so that they get sympathy and it has to stop immediately." The My 600-lb Life actress struggled with feelings of neglect and abandonment as a child. An in memoriam update at the time didn't disclose the cause of her death. Gina Krasley, known to reality TV viewers as the star of TLC's "My 600-lb Life," has died. Here's everything you need to know, How to get KMTC admission letters 2022 and other details, List of female ABC news anchors you should watch in 2022, Real Housewives of Nairobi cast profiles, families, net worth, Rigathi Gachagua Says Matiang'i Fled Kenya Fearing Ruto Would Harass Him: "Some People Are Cowards", Dollars in Scarce Supply: Kenyan Banks Impose Daily Cap on Greenback Purchases, Hamason Baraka: Ailing Mum of Boy Born without Bowel Opening Dies as He Starts Treatment, Meru University VC Sacked, Council Cites Poor Performance. No cause of death was given butCompton's Facebook elegy, which includes the words, "I'm sorry you felt you had no other option," suggests that LaShaee may have died by suicide. During his excess skin surgery procedure, Henry even died on the operating table for a moment but was brought back to life. Texas-born Henry Foots was one of the first individuals showcased during the debut season of "My 600-Lb Life." According to the Cinemaholic, his lifelong food addiction had left him with a. She was 41. He originally weighed 750 pounds and wished to shed some pounds to prepare for his high school reunion. In 2017, Milliken's mother died. While her official cause of death has not been announced, she passed away Sunday at . "The reality is that [Sean's] mother is preventing him from ever making any real progress and then she tries to create the perception that he's constantly sick and she's the only one [who] can take care of him," Dr. Now said. His obituary stated that he "went home to be with the Lord." In addition, she passed away one day shy of her 42nd birthday to boot. She was 30 years old. It was such a delight for many when Gina shared on Instagram that she had lost 170 Lbs in March 2021. Assigned male at birth, LaShaee was the first person identifying as transgender to appear on "My 600-lb Life." But the seemingly positive Bonner might have been hiding an inner struggle. She started the show at 643 pounds, and explained duringher episode that she began eating to deal with familial trauma, including her father's struggle with alcoholism, her mother's death, being separated from her siblings and put in foster care, and alleged molestation and rape at the hands of biological family members. Bonner had previously started overeating as a child to cope with the death of a beloved aunt who would always give him snacks, but following his Season 6 episode,the star continued to eat healthily, as seen on hisInstagramaccount. Dr. Now's patients have individual diet plans, but must adhere to some basic rules, per Noom. Shortly after, local policeruled the death a suicide. She hates being stuck in her house and despises herself. Sadly, however, not every journey on the show results in a happy ending. Destinee wasalwaysa strong advocate for mental health, talking openly about their experiences with depression both on the program and online. In almost all our past recaps or previews of the show, we have covered cases that end either in success or disappointment, depending on the severity of obesity and willpower of the featured reality stars. In the years after filming, Sean suffered a series of tragedies: His mother first passed away unexpectedly, and Sean later learned his Houston apartment had been flooded by Hurricane Harvey. For reference, Wayne and Destinee also had another late sibling named Destiny. Dr. Now commented in memoriam, "Robert battled an addiction and lost but he never gave up.". By 2020, James' health had worsened, and after an extended stay in the hospital, he ultimately died of kidney failure. Bonner weighed 642 pounds when we met him, and his last weigh-in on the show he was 326 pounds. In her obituary, Gina was described as having died surrounded by her lovingfamily, although no formal cause of death was given. Laura Ann Perez joined "My 600-Lb Life" in Season 7, when she had needed a wheelchair and an oxygen tankto get her594-pound bodyaround. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Destinee, who debuted on Season 7 of the show with a starting weight just under 700 pounds, dropped more than 500 pounds and inspired viewers to follow in her footsteps. Robert Buchel was sadly the first of three participants featured on Season 6 of "My 600-lb Life" to die. However, not everyone has been lucky as there is a growing list of My 600-lb Life deaths. The 41-year-old passed on at a hospital near her home on 22nd September 2020. The doctors could not operate on her to rectify the damage to her heart because of her weight. While he eventually lost 340 pounds, per Starcasm, Buchel who alsohad a history of abusing pain medication got depressed post-surgery and started refusing to exercise and comply with the program. The seventh person on the My 600 Lb Life death list is Season 7 cast member Kelly Mason. But sadly, Renee died of renal failure while Sean's "Where Are They Now?" Many fans were shocked by this because they loved LB for his positive attitudeand his success with weight loss. spinoff, he weighed 840 pounds, before going down to 600. But unfortunately, at the age of 29, he passed away in February 2019. After his second surgery, he technically died on the operating table: There was the light to take me to Heaven, Henry said. McMillian eventually did wake up, but her body unfortunately couldn't recover from the complications. The Mobile, Alabama native revealed during the show she'd turned to eating as a child to deal with her parents' divorce; she later developed an even unhealthier relationship with food when her mother used eating to punish her. In Season 8, Gina and her wife Beth sawDr. Now in hisclinic traveling all the way from New Jersey to hopefully change her life. If you or someone you know is contemplating suicide, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. But his overeating began because of his strained relationship with his father. However, Robert also struggled with a painkiller addiction, and when Robert was filming his TLC episode, he passed away from a heart attack. Laura Perez clocked in at close to 600 pounds and was wheelchair-bound by the time she sought Dr. Nows My 600-lb Life help in Houston. She says she's let down everyone. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. He weighed 316 lbs before his death. He lost 98 more pounds at a rehab center, then another 78 before he had surgery to remove a lymphedema mass that made losing weight harder. Participants in "My 600-lb Life" typically weigh about 600 pounds or above when we are introduced to them. After his sessions with Dr. You, he weighed only 275 pounds. Surprisingly, Gina revealed that she had lost 300 lbs inMarch 2021, despite the fact that she had struggled to lose the weight previously when it came to the target weight Dr. Now set for her. Destinee LaShaee is the latest My 600 lb Life cast member to be announced dead. His father was the one who broke the news of Sean's death to the world via a Facebook post, according to Daily Mail. His case is one of the most shocking My 600-lb Life deaths. Only in the aftermath of production was Krasley able to move the scale significantly ultimately down nearly 300 pounds, as she revealed in a YouTube video from March 2021. If you or anyone you know is having suicidal thoughts, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Weight loss surgery led to a 145-pound loss and effusive praise for Dr. Now. TLC's 'My 600-lb Life' chronicles the journey and challenges of morbidly obese persons striving to shed their extra pounds around 600 lbs to live a healthy life. He lost 124 pounds after doctors removed one of his lymphedema masses via surgery. Tuko.co.ke published a list of celebrities who died in 2020. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. His cause of death hasn't been made public. However, according to a lawsuit filed by Krasley against the show's producers in 2020 for "negligence and intentional affliction of emotional distress," the reality was not as it was portrayed on the show. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Though she survived, it wasn't for long, as she ultimatelydied in September 2020 (via TMZ). Cancel. to Get Healthy Has Died at 50 Lisa Fleming died at age 50 after. "And I don't know what to do now, because my mom was everything to me." Previously, Gina shared on her YouTube channel that she suffered from cellulitis and had been in the hospital. In addition to his family struggling financially, King barely knew his mother, who wasn't around as she struggled with alcoholism. Noting that he had more to do, like marry his longtime girlfriend, the duo wed at the end of the episode. LB managed to lose more than half of his initial body weight of 650 pounds. She weighed 643 pounds when she first appeared on the show and had lost 150 pounds by the end, stated a Deadline report. Too Large brings seven people and Jennifer brings the saddest story The new show follows seven people who range from 400 pounds to 800 pounds. It has a population of about 500. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. Krasley died on August 1, 2021, at the age of 30, surrounded by loved ones, at her home in Tuckerton, New Jersey, according to her obituary. Buchel's body was in such bad shape that he couldn't undergo weight loss surgery right away, but he did have lymphedema removal surgery. The death of the reality star who also used the name Matthew Ventress was confirmed by brother Wayne Compton. Perez's weight problems stemmed from her finding comfort in food after hiding that she was sexually abused as a child. When James King appeared on "My 600-lb Life" during Season 5, he was the heaviest cast member in history at an astonishing 791 pounds, according to The Sun. Latonya's Journey She was 41 years old, per TMZ. I'm sorry you felt you had nobody else to turn to. Anybody who knows me knows I gave my mother my ALL! However, when she failed to make much progress on her own without a hospital-controlled diet after six months, Dr. Now had to drop her as a patient. I'm sorry you felt you had no other option. As of this writing, James family hasnt yet announced a cause of death. At one point, Sean weighed 1,003lb. While dropping hundreds of pounds during filming "My 600-lb Life" isn't at all abnormal, the health risks of weighing 600, 700, or even 900 pounds are sometimes too much to overcome. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Several of the people who appeared on the show have sadly died, some from weight-related conditions. The father of six weighed 791 pounds and in a follow-up episode in 2019 it was revealed that his weight had gone up to 840 pounds. Life stars have tragically passed away over the years. Kelly was 724 pounds when she made it to Dr. Nows office, but in only a few short months, she was able to significantly reduce her weight. At one point, Thedrick reached nearly 750 pounds. At the beginning of his episode, he weighed 715 pounds. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". She was 30 years old. James King first appeared on the TLC hit series' fifth season in 2017, weighing 791 pounds. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. McMillan is among the most heart-wrenching My 600-pound Life deaths. My 600-lb Life Season 6 cast member Robert Buchelwas the first cast member to pass away while filming. The world will forever remember these celebs, for they left legacies that will never be written off from the hearts of many. But Kelly worked hard. "I did this for me and only me, and I did this on my own," she said on her YouTube channel. "I am truly at a loss for words right now," her daughter Danielle shared on Facebook at the time of Lisa's passing. Lisa is one of three people from Season 6 who've tragically passed on since their season ended. : "http://www. For Destinee LaShaee, weight loss was just one of the important transformations they bravely underwent in their short life. "I just lost about everything I had in a single day," said King, whose struggle with overeating began to get out of control. While season 1. Instead of losing, he gained more weight at a high rate. var sc_security="9a0f0d6e"; While the cause of death isn't known, her obituary stated in part,"She was a dedicated mother, sister, grandmother, aunty, niece, and friend to all in her life.". ", Sadly, her brother, Wayne Compton, shared on Facebook that LaShaee had died at age 30 just a few days later. Adventure. One of the most dramatic episodes of the year was Kelly Masons My 600-lb Life episode from 2019. She lives in Fairbury, Nebraska. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. My 600lb Life star Sean Milliken died after putting on a staggering 278lb in just two months. Unfortunately, in 2015, it was learned on the "Where Are They Now?" document.write("