Stay connected with the latest travel, aviation, and credit card news. It didnt always exist. A: No. This whole system is a mess now and its not only hurting crew members, but it will hurt passengers that have paid for TSA pre check to now have to wait for countless crews to go ahead of them. Unless traveling where you go through security like everyone else. Plus I would love to see you pilots sitting in the cockpit waiting for 2 hours without being able to board. First of all your name makes you sound like a racist, secondly I dont remember seeing any articles in approximately the last decade of any pilots smuggling drugs through security. Also, I would like to point out, that after speaking with multiple TSA supervisors, pilots were identified as the issues and are the reason for the increase in random screenings. 53 0 obj <> endobj DFW offers multiple checkpoints at key locations in each terminal. View ORD uses outdated screening methods that are so medieval, I am guessing someone up top is pocketing government funding in lieu of updating their screening methods at this locale. Just give us our own lane already. The vast majority of crew use KCM exactly as they should and are law abiding. That would stop the violations real quickly. @CHRIS , whoa there boyfriend. I am a U.S. airline pilot, and while disappointing, this development was not unexpected. b. Ive definitely noticed an increase in random screenings over the last several months. And no one has said who pays for KCM now but it does cost something to operate and that funding should move to the TSA. I'll bet you even flash your "first responder" wings at cops on traffic stops too. For information about the Known Crewmember program, please contact us at:info@knowncrewmember.org. Besides should you be focusing your energy on more important things like fighting the company to allow male FAs to wear blouses and heels! If the pilots on a flight become incapacitated, the lives of everyone on board are jeopardized; if the flight attendants become incapacitated, it is a relatively minor inconvenience unlikely to result in any sort of injury to anyone. Your anger and frustration brings me joy. They may not be used on board . Please follow TSA instructions and do not attempt to resolve the issue with transportation security officers, as they are unable to rectify system failures or denials. Never wait more the 10 minutes. So, according to you, FAs need to go through security because of prohibited items and drugs. (I hear at home On the one hand, I've spent the last 16 years+ working for TSA. We KCM should be 100% allowed for pilots there is a MASSIVE difference in career terms and pay between pilots and FAs. When it was expanded to include flight attendants, we almost immediately saw issues developing. That, and the fact that pilots or flight attendants could threaten the safety of the flight, makes crewmembers unique. I wish I could taste the tears of your unfathomable sadness. These are limited to 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item. TSA properly is strictly for managing terroristic threats. So easy to tell some of you are not actually pilots because you know nothing about the crew procedures. When you are selected for random, at Denver for instance, you are told to go to random screening. When flights get delayed or passengers miss their flights because the TSA already cant keep up with their normal shit. Known Crewmember - MyKCM Login Your fellow drug smugglers "submitted backgrounds" top. PDF Message from the Interagency Security - CISA That only causes issues. 50.5% mcdonalds crew members have this skill on their resume. You dont have flight attendants so have no special procedures during flight. The "Flight Attendants" column denotes airlines whose Flight Attendants are eligible to participate in the KCM program. 0000007057 00000 n This enhanced process leverages current technology to provide an effective and cost-efficient solution. NATACS- Forgot Password Q:Can a crewmember individually join KCM if their airline does not participate in the program? We did it Joe! When youre randomly checked five or six times in a row, its easy to cop a tude. I am prepared to share more, IF the system does not change. About Us - KNOWN CREWMEMBER For over two decades, Aircraft Operators have relied on NATACS for compliance services that meet the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) secured document and record management solutions. Do not go through KCM. Ill go easy on the guy that said he was a cargo pilot. Unfortunately, too many folks don't realize or even care that flight attendants are safety professionals. I don't really care if literally the whole crew, all my fellow passengers, and TSA are all smuggling drugs on every flight so long as I get where I'm headed. Sadly people will always try and take advantage of a situation. Throw the book at the offenders. Also, the US is rolling out more and more high tech scanners which are much faster. Fraud and intentional falsification of records; Tampering or interfering with, compromising, modifying, or attempting to circumvent any security system, measure or procedure; Entering, or presence within, a secured or sterile area without complying with the access control systems, measures, or procedures; Unauthorized use of any airport-issued or airport-approved access or identification medium; Entering the sterile area or boarding an aircraft without submitting to the screening and inspection procedures; Carrying a weapon, explosive, or incendiary to an airport or onboard an aircraft on an individuals person or accessible property; Carrying a weapon, explosive or incendiary in checked baggage without properly complying with TSA requirements; Carrying a weapon or explosive on an aircraft; Threats or providing false information; and. Not pilots. When you have unaccompanied baggage, two copies of written declaration forms are required to submit at the time of your entry, one of which will be returned to you with the seal of certification by a Customs officer. Once you receive the barcode card, follow the instructions on the back to register it into the KCM system. The first step should be eliminating flight attendants from any expedited screening program. Known Crewmember - MyKCM Login Known Crewmember TM The Known Crewmember (KCM) website allows crewmembers to register a barcode to go through security checkpoints seamlessly. They set their feelings aside and DO the right thing when the chips are down! I was next and was told I need further screening tho I did not ring told FA cannot be further screened so I have to be screened??? Having an off duty employee pass rider clogging up lines that they didnt subscribe/pay for is spitting into face of As a paying subscriber of CLEAR & TSAPre, I would welcome a dedicated crew/employee line for those employees that are working. Crewmembers are also subject to random inspection anywhere after security including onboard the aircraft before departure. GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, Im curious to see what the new procedure looks like. The TSO will match the identification to the crewmembers appearance and confirm the crewmembers identity and current employment status via the KCM system. Then go deal with management messaging and calling asking why your late to the gate because you got a random search and your flight is 3 terminals away. As of 2023, the TSA will allegedly be introducing Expedited Crew Access, which will replace the Known Crewmember Program. The flight attendants are required to be there before the rest of the crew because they are the ones needed to board passengers. A: Effective March 31, 2022, the TSA will require KCM eligible crewmembers to scan a KCM-issued barcode card when utilizing a KCM access point. In my opinion and observations, many of the violations that have As a result of having the FAA certificate, they are allowed to use the KCM lines. You can get more details about them at CBP's prohibited and restricted items list.10. Crewmembers who do not have a KCM barcode card, have a worn/unreadable barcode card, or have not completed the registration process will be referred to the passenger screening checkpoint for entry into the airport sterile area. We shouldn't put anything pass anybody. c. May not access the sterile area through the KCM access point if any portion of their travel itinerary includes personal international travel. Are you mad that they didn't let them go? I'm laughing my ass off at all of these angry flight attendants and pilots saying TSA shouldn't worry about drugs lol. endstream endobj 81 0 obj <>/Size 53/Type/XRef>>stream 2) You want to make the people who cross umpteen timezones for your safety stand around like the rest of you cheap cattle car bovines, watch crews take their sweet time at the back of the two hour line to get through security. (I hear at home about how the randoms seem to be more than the actual KCM good-to-gos.). There is no rolling back what the TSA currently does - like it or not. You idiots change the security process based on whether or not crew have a certain shirt on. If you did, you wouldn't have made such an inept comment. If someone smuggles drugs or other prohibited items through security or customs, bust them and prosecute, dont completely attempt to re invent the wheel by punishing everyone. What? If a crewmember does not present an active KCM barcode card and is referred for screening, they must follow the TSOs instructions and complete the screening process at the passenger screening checkpoint. 911? The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has announced that it will take over Known Crew member screening (KCM) in 2023. Flights can board with/without pilots..however, a flight cannot board without the flight attendants. If you really think flying is dangerous because of 9/11 then I would say there are a million other things besides that one and this is an unnecessary power grab by a government agency. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. I highly doubt it but they wont release the exact numbers they give vague statements so they can grab more power. They are "consensual" in name only, and that bending of the usual prohibition of unwarranted search is justified only because their primary purpose is to stop terrorists from taking weapons onto planes. They just walk all the way inside the secured area without being challenged or ID/Badge checked. The continued success of the program is dependent upon crewmembers demonstrating that they can be trusted to comply with all related requirements. Known Crewmember (KCM) Policy Enhancements -Effective January 13 Beginning on January 13, 2015, Flight Attendants will have the option to transit through the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) Known Crew Member (KCM) checkpoint not in uniform. How insulting! Crewmembers can only view their previous 30 days of KCM usage. Cry for us. If they increased the requirements - say you have to have a 2 year degree -- an EMT license, etc. To check up-to-date regulations, prices of extra luggage, an exhaustive list . I promise you that! There is a dedicated crew line in every country and some countries have a system very similar to kcm where crew members are chosen randomly to be screened. Right, but the OP say's he has " 100% positive reputation and revered status with Spacer's Choice" and yet " still can't buy restricted items such as mag-picks from Spacer's Choice vending machines". Hold your fellow flight attendants responsible for their actions. Unfortunately, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has found circumstances where there have been egregious violations of the KCM requirements. I've always been concerned they let them into known crewmember from day one. Steve - Did you fly this past year? Thats a great idea especially as we strip off all our jewelry, belts, shoes, food, drinks, and 6-pk for overnight! They also wear wrinkled dirty uniforms and look about as professional as the Bad News Bears. Imagine getting upeset that people smuggling narcotics are getting caught. You ruined this for yourselves. Non-uniformed crewmembers are screened to passenger-screening standards. Dont worry about that connecting flight in Denver thanks. TSA has implemented a standardized response from the agency for KCM suspensions and removals rather than relying on agency field operations to implement such measures. Instead of punishing Flight Attendants (who seem to be blamed for SO MUCH & historically are never at fault - Ive done the deep dive research), why dont we put the emphasis on the truly broken system, the TSA - aka. For all these keyboard cowboys, do you actually know how to Google? On October 21, 1520 Magellan finally entered the strait that he had been seeking and that came to bear his name. Drugs and Medicine prohibited by the FDA; Distilled spirit absinthe (except certain diluted brands) Merchandise from embargoed countries; Items made with Dog and . Dangerous goods permitted in carry-on baggage are also permitted "on one's person", except where otherwise specified. It aint gonna happen. TSA Known Crewmember Program: Security Risk? - One Mile at a Time The second most common hard skill for a mcdonalds crew member is food orders appearing on 29.2% of resumes. The primary mission of TSA is to reduce security vulnerabilities and to strengthen resilience against terrorist attacks in the Nation's transportation systems, including aviation, mass transit, rail, highway, and pipeline, to ensure freedom of movement for people and commerce. Boohoo. An automated enhancement to random screening/USP has been enabled in the KCM system. They are using crew screening issues to say, "Hey - we're doing a great job!" As it is, the random screenings have increased exponentially - to the point where crew members are tempted to go through the pre check line anyway to avoid an extra step of waiting for someone to tell you to go there.