MISSING: Katelin Akens | Crime Junkie Podcast She has blonde hair, blue eyes and multiple tattoos. I think police should subpoena James phone or something in regards to him. I also want to know if where her luggage was found, if that area was searched for her body. Her last text message pinged off a cell tower in Stafford. Remains found in March near a West Texas lake about 20 miles away were identified last month as belonging to Hailey. I feel bad for her mom. [4][15], A third residence, located on the 800 block of Salem Drive in Fredericksburg, Virginia, was owned by Branton's father, James "Jimmy" D. Branton, at the time of Akens' disappearance. Bobby Dishell on LinkedIn: #uli #realestate #realestatedevelopment # James told Lisa that Katelin wanted to be dropped off at the mall, the Springfield Mall, as she would be early. It wasnt her style. Lisa believes that Katelin didnt send these messages out herself. [2][4] The shopping mall was over 10 miles away from Reagan National Airport. Lisa didnt think Katelin sent those texts. Police spoke to James and searched his house and car but they didn't find anything that could assistwith their investigation into Katelin's disappearance. James was not cooperative in this investigation. It appeared to have been thrown out of a moving vehicle. Tennessee's Junior Miss, Chelsea Michelle Milligan from Gallatin, Tn. Hes refused to turn over the password, and authorities have been unable to see whats on it. SIDNEY, Mont. The Inquisitr is a registered trademark. On Sunday, 21-year-old Heather Ciccone was found dead in a car parked in a strangers driveway. Dont know the motives and after that he got into her phone. So, if you're curious about an update in the case, we've got you covered. Police spoke to people she knew but nobody knew where she was and she wasn't staying with any of her friends in the area. Fortunately theres a lot of leads, says Pearce. James stuck to his story that he dropped her off at the mall. Yes, theyre unusual due to her disappearance. Katelin originally went back home to get her high school diploma. So that meant, they had to focus on the person who was the last known person to seeKatelin. Battery dying so won't be able to text for a bit.". I couldnt find the exact time stamp, but Amber texted Lisa that something was wrong with Katelins flight, and that she wouldnt be coming home that day. Her loved ones say it's uncharacteristic of her to go missing without warning. Katelins mom over and over again has said he doesnt have any friends. James also told Lisa that he would be dropping off Katelin earlier than 5:40 because he was to arrive at work at 3:00, but James failed to arrive to work that day. We found Katelyn Adkins - Address, Contact Info & More | InstantCheckmate [1][2] As Branton was scheduled to work at Dahlgren Naval Base at 3:00pm, he informed Akens and Sullivan that he would have to take Akens to the airport four hours before her flight. Why would he want to harm Katelin in any way? She graduated from Caroline High School in 2011 and worked at the same local convenience store where her mother held a job. Prior to her disappearance, Katelin texted Kevin, I really need someone to talk to. According to Kevin, Katelin told him that she had been partying the night before her departure with a friend who attended her former high school, and that friends boyfriend. While Lisa and Katelins family arent convinced that she would disappear on her own terms, Detective Marshall said that shortly before her disappearance, Katelin messaged a friend over Facebook and said something along the lines of That she doesn't want to be here, meaning Virginia, and she doesn't want to be in Arizona.. The couple had a fight and Noble left the farm without taking any personal belongings with her, police have said. Im not coming back today, Ill let you know when I get a new flight. In a separate text, she immediately texts, I wont be able to text for a bit. (Unsure if they ever disclosed where her phone pinged at this time. Police say missing teen made it to mall - Fredericksburg.com The flight was not until 5 p.m., and at 1:52 p.m., Branton texted Sullivan that he had dropped Akens off. However, she never made that flight, and hasnt been seen or heard from since her stepfather reportedly dropped her off. The truth is there is a missing piece. [6][7], Unable to reach Akens, Rios texted Sullivan to inquire about the change in Akens' flight plans. Wake up to the day's most important news. However, Branton's timeline of events the day of Akens' disappearance could never be corroborated. At 7.15pm that evening, Lisa receivedanother text message from Katelin: "I'm staying with a friend. ", Sign up to get the latest true crime stories, new product releases and more, Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more . Listen Now Im not coming back today, Ill let you know when I get a new flight. Her former step-father, James Brandon was going to take her to the airport. [2][4][6][7], The last day Akens was seen alive, Akens' mother was confirmed to be at work from 10:00am-6:00pm and Akens' fianc, Amber Rios, was confirmed to be in Arizona. But I strongly believe she was not and is not a runaway. Then we started playing a card game and everything went back to normal. On Friday, December 4, 2015, Akens did not share her infidelity with her family, and neither her mom nor sister noticed anything seemed out of the ordinary with Akens. [3], Akens was born on September 2, 1996, in Indiana to Lisa Sullivan and Jason Akens. Springfield, Virginia 19 years old Dec. 5th 2015. PLEASE SHARE THIS POST! Keep note this was told to me about a month prior to this post. Katelin never arrived to the airport that day. At 1:56, when Katelin messaged Lisa she was at the airport, Katelins phone pinged at a location more than 30 miles away from the Metro Station. For years, investigators have wondered if these seemingly unrelated cases might share too strong a connection to be ignored. This was fine with both Lisa and Katelin, and Lisa said goodbye to her daughter for the last time. #Missing 19y/o KATELIN AKENS, 54 140lbs #Spotsylvania #Virginia. If she was really alive, I feel like she would reach out. So if she wasn't on the flight home, then where was she? These texts were pinged by interstate 95- Stafford county. Katelin's phone was missing so police looked at the location records anddiscovered that when she sent Lisa the text message saying that she was at the airport, her phone pinged at a location more than 30 miles from that Springfield Metro stop. The contents that remained inside the suitcase were allegedly still neatly packed.. Around this time, Rios also received one final message from Akens' Facebook account: Akens' mother, aunt, and sister continued to call and text Akens for the next 24 hours but her cell phone was turned off. Due to the fact that Katelin told him about her diploma and cosmetology school, I think he used this to his advantage. With your subscription you'll get a Private Lesson (Masterclass), At Home Drills to work on, rolling breakdowns and more. She supposed to be reunited with her fiance, Amber. 27-year-old Wilson was sentenced to life in prison for the gruesome murder of the Alaska woman that traveled with him to Hawaii despite the urging of her family. And that person was her stepfather James. I really hope they find something to get this guy. }, Plus his timeline of events, which also does not match up with the cell phone tower information that the police received.". Stepfather of missing Spotsylvania teen says he dropped her off - WJLA Theres really no other theory that makes sense to me. I know they searched James car, but was it looked at for blood? You can view more information on Katelyn Adkins below. dancehall charts 2022 I would be going at this guy as hard as I could. Lewis's body was discovered on. Lisa found this peculiar as Katelin was allegedly unfamiliar with the Metro Station and hasnt been there since she was about six or seven years old. Whenever possible, actual redditors have participated in investigating the events. The teen's wallet, identification, credit cards and plane ticket were reportedly among the items found in the luggage. Missing From Marysville, Ohio. Shed been shot in the back of the head. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. [7], Shortly before 2:00pm on the day Akens disappeared, Branton texted Sullivan that he dropped Akens off in Springfield, Virginia. Everyone initially feared it was Katelin. She has distinctive butterflies tattooed on her left forearm and stars on her right foot. The suspicious circumstances and timeline of the two cases have led some people to speculate that they could be related. At the time of the incident, Katelin was looking forward to enrolling in cosmetology school in Arizona. After Lisa and James separated,it took a while for things to settle between them allbut they did and everything seemed fine. Katelin moved to Arizona in 2014 to live with her girlfriend Amber Rios. A text was reportedly sent from her phone after she was dropped off, indicating that she was at the airport to board her flight. [5] Text messages sent from Akens' cell phone never pinged any cell towers farther north than Stafford. Im assuming that the police probably suspect all of that as well. r/UnsolvedMysteries on Reddit: KATELIN AKENS - MISSING (My theory) There were questions as to whether that may have prompted her to leave. January 25, 2022, "The effects of abuse are devastating and far reaching. Police are still searching surveillance video from both Springfield Town Center and the nearby metro station for sign of missing teen. ", by Chilling Crimes I think she felt guilt and had to talk about it. Domestic violence speaks many languages, has many colors and lives in many different communities. Main Menu. But I think she had all intentions on going back that day. My initial thoughts were that he likely tried to make some kind of sexual advance on her after the mom dropped her off and either accidentally or intentionally (used loosely in this situation if he was assaulting her anyway) killed her and covered it up with all the same tactics that the original poster mentioned. Lisa doesnt believe this was Katelin, claiming she never double texts. I wonder if he might have been sexual abusing her when she was younger? She wanted to look around for a while instead of just waiting inside the airport. Surveillance video corroborates his account of events., Spotsylvania Investigators say there is no connection between fatal shooting of Heather Ciccone Monday and Akens disappearance., Akens vanished after her stepfather drove her from Spotsylvania County to Springfield Saturday., On February 19, 2016, just two months after Katelins disappearance, Spotsylvania County Sheriff's Office Captain Jeff Pearce described Akens' stepfather as "absolutely" cooperative in the investigation and said he is not considered a suspect or person of interest in his stepdaughter's disappearance. The article also mentions that Akens never boarded her flight in Virginia, and investigators have been unable to confirm the teen was ever at the mall, as the area where her stepfather said he dropped her off is reportedly not covered by surveillance cameras. could be a lot of reasons. As for the evidence reportedly found in her luggage, authorities are not clarifying on what was found, nor are they sharing any information about the leads they are currently investigating. Lisa next heard from James at 1.52pm that day. On December 7th, two days after Katelin disappeared, Katelins luggage was discovered by a road crew worker in a drainage ditch in the 6600 block of River Road near Fredricksburg, approximately 44 miles away from the Springfield Metro Station. If he helped her runaway, whatever, he would have broke down by now and told the truth. Lisa spoke to James again to let him know that Katelin did not make it to the airport and she asked him what happened when he dropped Katelin off and if she told him if she was meeting anyone at the mall. Luggage belonging to Katelin Akens, a 19-year-old woman who disappeared en route to a Virginia airport, has been found in a Spotsylvania County drainage ditch. So he is good with technology. Investigators searched his residence, vehicles, examined a variety of guns, confiscated electronics, and collected DNA samples, but no physical evidence would indicate that he was responsible, or involved, in Katelins disappearance. They were talking about her cosmetology school, her high school diploma. Surveillance video corroborates his account of events. Patricia Ann Adkins - The Charley Project Akens spent the night with a couple she knew and the three were intimate. He said that he dropped her outside the JCPenney. This page was last edited on 29 June 2021, at 00:33. On December 5, 2015, Katelin Akens was supposed to board a flight from Reagan National Airport in Virginia to Arizona. aacc workforce development institute 2022. new eczema treatment 2022 australia . No one has been charged in connection with Katelin Akens' disappearance, and the investigation is ongoing. The Free Lance-Star reported Ciccone died as a result of a gunshot wound to the head. At 7:15pm, Sullivan received two last text messages from Akens' cell phone claiming Akens would be staying with a friend and that she needed some time alone. [5][6][7], Akens' cell phone pinged a cell tower near Brantons residence in Partlow, 75 miles away from the airport. Her former step-father, James Brandon was going to take her to the airport. Guilty as sin! She had been there since the 1st of December and was visiting her mother Lisa Sullivan and her sister Gabriela. But her family don't believe that as they saw her the morning of the 5th of December and she was fine. James had to work at 3:00pm, so he wouldve had to drop Katelin off at airport early. Confused, Lisa became increasingly worried. Investigators continue to investigate the possibilities that Katelin met with foul play or disappeared on her own accord. as a key witness who may be able to help refuses to cooperate. James never showed up to work that day, or ever again. They need answers and will continue to search for her. Disappearance of Katelin Akens - EverybodyWiki Bios & Wiki James agreed, and Lisa dropped Katelin off at his residence in Partlow, Virginia at 9:20 AM, approximately 80 miles away from the airport. Amber notified Lisa of the situation because it she thought the lack of information was strange, and wanted to know if Lisa knew anything about Katelins flight. While footage didnt catch Katelin, investigators revealed that police have corroborated James story that he dropped her off in Northern Virginia. Kevin Eastridge, Katelins close friend and ex-boyfriend, claimed that Katelin revealed to him on several occasions that James was abusive. There is an interview with Lisa on the podcast, The Vanished Project where she talks about her and James' relationship in great detail and does mention some hostility, but clearly not enough to where she would not drop off her own daughter there. Katelyn Adkins 615 Brown St, Russell, KY 41169 Open Full Report 30 year old Where Has Katelyn Adkins Lived? The biggest red flag to me is that her phone pinged near to his house and there is no evidence of him driving her anywhere. "It sounds as if there may be yet another serial killer in Spotsylvania County.". Katelins Facebook also messaged a friend, in the message it stated how she didnt want to be in Virginia nor did she want to be in Arizona. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. The hope was that he would change his mind about not cooperating with the police. The Union County Sheriff says Adkins was last seen leaving the Honda of America plant in Marysville at the end of her second shift. Battery dying, so wont be able to text for a bit. [1] Instead, Lisa resorted to her last option and contacted her ex-husband and Katelins former stepfather, James Branton, who helped raise Katelin and Gabi, and asked him to do the favor of dropping Katelin off at the airport. new eczema treatment 2022 australia . He seemed happy, excited, Sullivan said. However, none of these examples mean, in any way, that either of these Virginia girls are victims of a career predator. She has distinctive butterflies tattooed on her left forearm and stars on her right foot. February 02, 2021 Im not coming back today, Ill let you know when I get a new flight. Katelynn. Her fiance, John Carter, who was the last known person to see her alive, breaks down his final moments with Katelyn to detectives. Adkins, circa 2001; Tattoo on Adkins's back; Uniform similar to Adkins's. Missing Since 06/29/2001. Were hoping and this has happened before that she simply decided that she wasnt going to go back [to Arizona] and made other arrangements, Pearce says. Furthermore, Jameshad told Lisa he was due atwork at 3pm on the 5th of December and that was why he would have to drop Katelin off earlybut James never went into work that day and did not return to that job at all. She said, We dont know if shes laying in a ditch somewhere or if shes going to be fine. Katelin had an encrypted text app on her phone that has yet to be recovered. Just saw this story on Disappeared. ", by Chilling Crimes [7] Sullivan insisted the last two texts sent from Akens' cell phone were not sent by Akens as Akens would only send back-to-back texts if she misspelled a word.[2][5][9]. But she never even made it to her flight. At this point, she is not a person of interest., But there are plenty of clues. [16][17] The billboard is located where State Route 206 meets Route 301, systematically placed along Branton's daily commute from his primary residence to his place of employment at Dahlgren Naval Base. [4] As Akens' biological father left when she was a toddler, Akens and her younger sister, Gabrielle Gabby Akens, were raised by their mother in Caroline County, Virginia, a suburb south of Washington, D.C. Akens' mother married James D. Branton, an insurance agent for Geico, when Akens was 7 years old. According to the police, the case remains open, and any leads that come through would be investigated thoroughly. James claimed that Katelin had asked to be dropped off at the Springfield mall to kill some time before her flight would depart, and that he simply obliged. Hailey Dunn Update: Mom of Texas teen found dead two years after Special thanks to Alissa Akins, Cindy Sheriffs Deputies searched his home and seized an encrypted cell phone. [1][5][6][7] The suitcase was found near Motts Run Reservoir around the 6600 block of River Road in Spotsylvania, less than five miles away from a vacant property owned by the Branton family. [2][7], Two weeks following Akens' disappearance, authorities conducted an 8-hour search of the last place Akens was seen alive: Brantons 8-acre home located on the 200 block of Oak Crest Drive in Partlow, Virginia. No clothes were found and her diploma was missing. I hate to say it, but shes a young girl. Which is why her diploma was missing along with clothes, to throw everyone off or make it look like shes a runaway. The investigation into her disappearance will make you question everything about Katelin's last day and by the end you won't know who's account can be trusted. unusual and worrying text message from Akens phone: Im staying with a friend and I need some time alone, the messages read, according to the report. Or possibly done this before. [2][4], Brantons cell phone pinged a cell tower near Branton's residence in Partlow. 2 hours after her flight departed, Lisa received two separate final texts from Katelin. They did not reveal how the story was corroborated, saying that it is an important detail in an ongoing investigation. Investigators have been corresponding with Akens' stepfather and will continue to speak with him to "tighten up the timeline," Capt. Please note, I do not post these theories to negatively affect anyone or anything. how to find opcode of an instruction - drswebdesigner.com Katelins phone never pinged far from James house. The fact that the missing womans stepfather was last to see and talk to her has sparked some speculation on social media and crime case forums like Websleuths. More speculation surrounding the disappearance of Katelin Akens surrounds the murder of Spotsylvania woman Heather Ciccone, who was found shot dead in her own car on Monday morning. But Akens never. Opcode Fetch Cycle: The first Machine Cycle of 8085 Microprocessor of every instruction is opcode fetch cycle in which the 8085 finds the nature of the instruction to be executed. Lisa has continued to hope that she will eventually know what happened to her daughter. Missing Date: Fri, Feb 24 2023. By now i guess all evidences from that home is gone. Katelin would take the Metro Station to Reagan Airport, which was two stops away. 9:20am - Katelins mom, Lisa stayed at James house with Katelin for a little bit. According to Lisa, who saw them last together, they were getting along well and catching up with each other. Police are. Lisa was to arrive to work by 10:00 AM, meaning that she was unable to drop Katelin off at the airport. Sam Fell (director/screenplay); Zachary Levi, Thandiwe Newton, Bella Ramsey, Romesh Ranganathan, David Bradley, Daniel Mays, Jane Horrocks, Imelda Staunton, Lynn Ferguson, Nick Mohammed. Neither of them knew what was going on and none of it made sense. Katelin Akens: Found or Missing? Is She Dead or Alive? - The Cinemaholic James was expressing interest in Katelins aspirations in cosmetology school while the two discussed her future comfortably on the couch together. 10+ "Katelyn Adkins" profiles | LinkedIn ", "An encrypted cell phone may hold clues to teen's disappearance", "Virginia woman's disappearance continues to puzzle police, two years later", "Spotsylvania County, Virginia Real Estate Assessment Information", "Missing teen Katelin Aken's luggage found in ditch near Fredericksburg", "Young Woman Found Dead In Car, Another Missing", "A billboard gives one mother hope at convincing stepdad to help find missing daughter", "New billboard for missing person Katelin Akens", "Spotsylvania mom still determined to find daughter missing since 2015", article "Disappearance of Katelin Akens" is from Wikipedia, Edithistory:Disappearance of Katelin Akens, https://en.everybodywiki.com/index.php?title=Disappearance_of_Katelin_Akens&oldid=1783748. Definitely the stepfather. Due to lack of information regarding this case, I have questions. [2][5], In 2021, a billboard with Akens' picture and information was erected by The AWARE Foundation in Spotsylvania County. His DNA was also collected. Unfortunately theres lots of ground to cover Right now, were keeping a lot of evidence close to our vest and well keep investigating [until we find out who did this].. My initial thoughts and amateur sleuthing pointed me right in the direction of the ex step father, but I didnt think it was any kind of revenge killing, or get back at the ex. Second Tennessee National Guard member killed in helicopter crash 11:56am- Amber gets a text from Katelins phone. Copyright 2023 The Inquisitr. I agree! Katelyn is currently living at 68 Carlisle Aven, Springfield, OH 45504-3501. Vanished While Traveling To #Arizona 540-507-7200 pic.twitter.com/qdTL7dCvmm, ARC (@AnonRoughCoitus) December 8, 2015, Virginia: Missing: KATELIN AKENS (VA): KATELIN AKENS, Age Now: 19, Missing: 12/05/2015. Investigators are still trying to determine if she made it to the metro or to the airport. Katelyn Adkins OfficialUSA.com Records piyudalismo at manoryalismo. Classification Endangered Missing. yeah he 1000% killed her. Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter. You'll also get a sneak peek at our upcoming Product Launch and Daily Deal schedules plus access to Daily Deals on BJJ . Katelin did in fact cheat on Amber the night before. People are saying theres no known motive.. Sources make different claims regarding the contents of the suitcase. Katelin did not act out of ordinary that day. [12] Police have yet to conduct a search of the property. Alliance Premier Funding Corportion is the only company we know about that is registered to this address. Senior Detective Sharon Williams of the Spotsylvania County Sheriffs Office said, Her phone was never there at 2:00 PM. In a separate text, she immediately then said, James: I dropped her at the Springfield metro station. [6] Branton never returned to his job at Geico. Part of HuffPost Crime. For the first. If you know anything about this missing woman's disappearance, you are encouraged to call the Spotsylvania County Sheriff's Office. So, if youre curious about an update in the case, weve got you covered. A series of tweets written by Stephen Tschida, an anchor with ABC 7, claimed, Stepfather is not a suspect in disappearance of 19 year old Katelin Akens. Sullivan received a text from Akens' cell phone: Im at the airport. 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. Ohio mother Patricia Adkins remains missing 17 years after her Her flight was scheduled for 5:00pm. After spending time with her folks, she had a flight back to Arizona on December 5, 2015. However, authorities have confirmed through multiple reports that the disappearance of Katelin Akens and the murder of Heather Ciccone are in no way connected to one another. Amber had also received a text message from Katelin that morning, at 11.56am, which said: "Something came up. Sullivan told WTTG-TV that her ex-husband, James Branton, appeared glad to see them. [1][2][5][9][13][14] Akens' cell phone and high school diploma were missing, and not one article of clothing was found inside the suitcase. She states James was excited to see them, Katelin told him about her cosmetology school/diploma. The family also said that Kayla. [5], Akens never replied. [5][6][7] At this point, Akens' cell phone pinged a cell tower in Stafford, Virginia, less than 15 miles from where Akens' luggage would later be found. But when police looked at the location records for James' phone, they discovered that his phone pinged close to his home when he sent Lisa the text message to say he had dropped Katelin off. [2][7], 2:00pm - Akens allegedly arrived at Reagan National Airport. Theres no trace of him being out there.. [2] He has refused all requests to submit to a polygraph and has ceased to cooperate with the investigation any further. Nearly 3 years later, Katelins case remains unsolved. He replied that the traffic was not too bad.