I Denny Carleton am a Troubadour.I play solo with my guitar i play everywhere and for everyone.Al Globekar has taken my acoustic songs to another place.It's like Bob Dylan songs solo compared to the Byrds or . A 28-year-old native of Veracruz, Mexico, Hernandez, who is married, Melissa, and has two boys aged five and two, had 1,882 wins from 8,726 career mounts through Sunday and with just Irad Ortiz, Jr. and Luis Saez in front of him, he is currently America's third winningest jockey in 2020, with more than 125 wins through this past weekend. Jockey Juan Hernandez handing out riding lessons thus far at Del Mar I have people coming up to me, some gambler the other day at Clockers Corner, I wouldnt know the guy and Im pretty sure he doesnt own horses. He won four graded stakes at Del Mar in 2021 and had 15 grade stakes victories overall last year. California, USA Yet winning jockey Umberto Rispoli had a problem.. Teena Ella, the third foal of champion Beholder, faded to sixth in the seven-horse field. The court rejected an appeal by Mr Hernandez following a judge's March 16 decision to accept an extradition request by the Court of the Southern District of New York, said . #1 CRAZY BEAUTIFUL #7 ARMY WIFE. Horse racing notes: Big slate of stakes races at Del Mar this weekend Racecard | 22:40 Race 6 - Starter Optional Claiming | Turf Paradise . And as good as Hernandez was when he made the move down south, OBryan has seen improvement during the past 2 years. He and his wife were married in December. Jockey Juan Hernandez threaded the needle perfectly between front-runner and closers to bring Award Winner to the wire on top in the $196,000 Charles Whittingham Stakes (G2T) May 29 at Santa Anita . I ride how the horse likes to run. He clinched the crown at last years Del Mars fall meet and followed it up with an impressive run during Santa Anitas winter/spring session. "Now I'm riding for a lot of people," said Hernandez, who lives with his wife, Melissa, and children Juan, 7, and Amelia, 4, in Glendora, a mere 14 minute drive from Santa Anita. Jockey Juan Hernandez cherishes second chance in Southern California The 29-year-old rider, who gave the Southland circuit a shot in 2012 before moving north, is back and better Jockey. Steven Miyadi trains and Juan Hernandez rides the 4-year-old Old Topper filly, last-out allowance winner May 7 at Golden Gate. In 2022, Saez continued to add new highlights to his rsum. Ice-T and his wife, Coco Austin, are catching heat for pushing their 6-year-old . Juan Hernandez plays it 'very smart, very cool' to be a top jockey Agent Craig O'Bryan, who came out of retirement for Hernandez, says he 'understands the game and the horses' Jockey. I came here on December 24th, Hernandez begins. Juan Orlando Hernndez, Former President of Honduras, Indicted on Drug Support our journalism and access bonus content on our Patreon stream, Blenheim Publishing, LLC of Racing's Hall . Honduras ex-President Hernandez pleads not guilty in US court The Road to the Kentucky Oaks Championship Series event will award the top five finishers points on a 50-20-15-10-5 scale toward a spot in the starting gate in the $1.25 million Longines . Hes just a genuinely nice person.. Hernandez and Bipartisanship finished a length ahead of Velazquezs Gold for Kitten. This was Bipartisanships first start on the West Coast. The $1 million son of Tapit had his first breeze upon his return last Sunday, going three furlongs in 37 seconds flat. Age 7. He won 64 races from 336 mounts, to earn his first riding title at the historic oval. In this image provided by Irish-bred Island of Love and jockey Juan Hernandez win the . Joe Bravo, Abel Cedillo, Juan Hernandez, Mike Smith. Receive daily headlines, breaking news alerts, promotions, and much more! Velazquez and Prat each have two. Prat, who most recently won the summer title in 2020 and 2021, will be aboard 8-5 second-choice Big Novel. He suffered a broken collarbone on April 16 on a day his wife, Tami, and daughters Trinity and Cassie were at the track. With the way things are going, there are going to be a lot of fellow jockeys who will rue the day that happened. Neighbors, from left, Juan Viveros, Maribel Hernandez watch Juan Viveros Jr., place a balloon on the porch of the home where a 31-year-old woman and a 15-year-old girl were shot and killed Thursday. 1, OBryan said with a laugh during a telephone interview with the Southern California News Group. Mark Glatt trains Dance to the Music (2-1), who also exits a May 7 allowance win, hers coming at Santa Anita. I Denny Carleton am a Troubadour.I play solo with my guitar i play everywhere and for everyone.Al Globekar has taken my acoustic songs to another place.It's like Bob Dylan songs solo compared to the Byrds or . Posted on February 21, 2013. If Juan Hernandez captures Santa Anita's jockey crown by one victory, he can point to Saturday's seventh race as the difference maker. The show originates from WSKQ-FM in New York City, a Spanish radio station branded as "Mega 97.9", and it is syndicated live to a number of different markets in the US such as Providence, Rhode Island; Miami and Orlando, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; Hartford, Connecticut; and Puerto Rico. Juan J. Hernandez Jockey Profile - HorseRacing.net A trainer I was riding for said: You should ride in the USA before your visa expires. So I went back to Mexico and packed my things.. The rider who's taking Woodbine by storm - Horse Racing blockbuster store still open near haarlem. I wanna win the big races, he said. Family: Wife Melissa and two sons, Juan and Emilio . I finished second in the big race. How California's most dangerous railroad crossing in Santa Fe Springs will be fixed. 4/1. Horse racing notes: Javier Castellano wins George Woolf Memorial Award My dad was galloping the Quarter horses on the ranch and sometimes he would bring me (with him). Senorita Stakes Horse Racing. Being a jockey has been a lifelong dream for Hernandez, who spent his early years growing up on a small ranch outside of Vera Cruz, Mexico. All the stats, form and information about jockey - Juan Hernandez available at RACING.COM - The first destination for Australian Horse Racing. He finished fourth in the standings. You cant get much better than that.. Hernandez moved his tack to the Southern California tracks in late 2020 and his success continued there with horses such as 2021 San Diego Handicap winner Express Train and 2021 Gamely Stakes winner Maxim Rate. He reminds me of another jockey I had. This is a list of notable people from Puerto Rico which includes people who were born in Puerto Rico (Borinquen) and people who are of full or partial Puerto Rican descent. But that closed up pretty quick, so I went outside. Juan Hernandez Voted Jockeys' Guild Foundation Detox Jockey - YouTube Juan Hernandez plays it 'very smart, very cool' to be a top jockey. Juan J. Hernandez jockey profile as HorseRacing.net provide all the past performances and jockey information including today's rides and strike rate. May 7, 2022. Hes been riding horses since he was 6-years old and first got up on a Thoroughbred when he was 14. The supreme court of justice in. Juan Hernandez / 77 . He made it to the winner's circle in race nine, but that wasn't the only . He credits his agent, Craig OBryan, with lifting him to consecutive riding titles. Trainer / Bob Baffert; Jockey / John R. Velazquez; . Statistics Achievements Entries Results Top Horses Filter Statistics Age Sex Surface Race Type As of 03.01.23 "I did exactly what I wanted to. Probably not, but he had so much confidence its a whole other thing I could possibly talk an hour about., Juan Hernandez plays it very smart, very, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Juan Hernandez plays it very smart, very cool to be a top jockey, Warrant ready for another crack at Santa Anitas Big Cap, Santa Anita horse racing consensus picks, Saturday, March 4, 2023, Horse racing notes: Javier Castellano wins George Woolf Memorial Award, Stilleto Boy looks like a million bucks before Big Cap at Santa Anita, Santa Anita horse racing consensus picks, Friday, March 3, 2023, Ducks assistant Mike Stothers diagnosed with Stage 3 melanoma, Alexander: Our 2023 Southern California sports franchise rankings, LAFC starts MLS Cup defense with victory over Portland, Clippers approach 5-game skid preaching urgency, Mike Moschetti leaves La Mirada to become St. Pauls football coach, Gracie Abrams behind Good Riddance message in Los Angeles sky, How The Ice House comedy club in Pasadena reopened with a Lakers connection, Alpine Village shopkeepers get confirmation: theyre being evicted, Baram and Tioumentsev win World Junior title hours after their coach, Todd Sand, suffers heart attack, LA County serial rapist sentenced to 310 years in prison, Tax filing deadline moves to mid-October for most Californians, Catholics say final farewell to their friend, Bishop David OConnell, Governors declaration allows Los Angeles County to get reimbursed, Covina screenwriter turns macabre memories into a dream come true, As Adderall shortage continues, DEA plans to limit some telemedicine prescriptions, House where JonBenet Ramsey was found dead listed for sale for almost $7M, Columbia University permanently drops SAT, ACT admissions requirement, The Waterbed Doctor: California retailer lays claim to retro bed with nearly 40 years of service, sales, Felonious Florida podcast: Missing teenage girl leads to several cases of child sex trafficking, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. "Now I'm riding for a lot of people," said Hernandez, who lives with his wife, Melissa, and children Juan, 7, and Amelia, 4, in Glendora, a mere 14 minute drive from Santa Anita. The win was also the first of the fall meeting for Prat. I got a visa for one month. "I'm lucky to be riding for them and I'm taking advantage of the opportunities and trying to do my best for them.I love my job. Despite the fact hes finished in the top four in the jockey standings in six of his seven Santa Anita and Del Mar meets since relocating, hes not concerned about riding titles. Kentucky Derby. They have a big race over there for the Caribbean countries like Mexico, Panama, Puerto Rico and Venezuela. I would like to say I'm shocked or surprised, but he's just so cool. Its now been 12 years and Hernandez has married and has two boys. Thespian . Honduras judge says ex-president Juan Orlando Hernndez can be Conditions: 1 1/16 miles for 2-year-olds .Purse: $2 million.Grade: 1.Post time: 7:50 p.m. EDT Friday at Del Mar. She paid $5.80 to win. Lost in all the commotion was a 30-year old rider who had quietly climbed to the top of the jockey standings with no intention of relinquishing his grip. Probably No. Theyre in San Diego for the summer. As good a finisher as he is, hes really good out of the gate. (Benoit Photo) It's taken jockey Juan . . Armagnac went with him through the first turn but midway down the. View the profiles of people named Juan Hernandez. Juan Hernandez plays it 'very smart, very cool' to be a top jockey The Honduras Supreme Court on Monday authorised the extradition of former president Juan Orlando Hernandez to the US to face charges of drug trafficking. Becca Taylor (4-5) brings a 7-for-8 lifetime record into this spot as she makes her graded-stakes debut. This is a list of notable people from Puerto Rico which includes people who were born in Puerto Rico (Borinquen) and people who are of full or partial Puerto Rican descent. Brian Hernandez Jr. was born on 3 November 1985 in Lafayette, LA. He had a strong meeting at. News & Video. A native of Veracruz, Mexico, Juan Hernandezstarted riding in his native country and elsewhere in Latin America before moving to the U.S. in 2009. Irad Ortiz Jr.'s income source is mostly from being a successful Jockey. @ JockeyTalk Jockey of The Week: Juan Hernandez Powered by SnappyTV 1 reply 4 retweets 16 likes Juan jose hernandez Retweeted JockeyTalk360 @JockeyTalk 25 Nov 2019 Turf Paradise Entries, Turf Paradise Expert Picks, and Turf Paradise Results for Wednesday, March, 8, 2023. . O'Bryan noted that such a thoughtful outlook has been a key factor to Hernandez's rise to national acclaim. He and his wife were married in December. Madone paid $7.80, $4.00 and $3.20 for trainer Simon Callaghan and jockey Juan Hernandez. When I came from Mexico, the first time I got here my goals were to ride with the best jockeys and win the best races, Hernandez said. I was just staying home, and then (Northern California-based trainer) Blaine Wright had (agent) Tom Knust call me and Tom said, You wanna come out of retirement? I said, Well give me two or three names. He said Juan Hernandez and I said, Thats one of the names. It was a done deal, OBryan said this week during a phone interview. El Vaciln de la Maana is a Spanish language weekday morning radio show. Big time, OBryan said. Prat entered the day tied with Hernandez with 11 wins. Form. May 7, 2022. He has a 23% win percentage and lands in the money 55% of the time. He told me, I gotta tell you, Juan met my girlfriend one time and every time he sees her, hes like, Hey, how you doing? Just stuff like that. Hernandez, who spent a month in the hospital, distinctly remembers talking to fellow rider Edgar Prado after the spill. Jockey Juan Hernandez cherishes second chance in Southern California 'We've Been Riding Really Good Horses': Jockey Hernandez Dominating At Churchill Downs Entries & Results for Saturday, November 27, 2021. of Racing's Hall . Several established riders, sensing a golden opportunity, moved out to Southern California in hopes of filling the Prat void. Hes putting his horses on the turf in good spots. Being in quarantine doesn't necessarily mean quiet time for jockey Rafael Hernandez. Handicapping, Betting and News for Horse Racing Tracks - HorsePlayUSA All rights reserved. Jose Ortiz's Career Earnings Total More Than $133 Million. Juano Hernandez - Wikipedia Hortencia Vara (T) Hortensia Vara of Uvalde, Texas passed away on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at her residence at the age of 86. Senorita Stakes Horse Racing. Date Pos Ride Type Course Distance Going Class Starting Price; 18/02/23: 1/9: . I love to ride horses." . Hes not only a very good rider, but hes also very smart and hes also very cool. "I would like to give my sincerest apologies to Kandace's. Breeders' Cup Juvenile. For full biography about your favorite Jockey, please check out Sportscovering. It's been great, Hernandez said Friday after riding Brutto to victory for Bob Baffert in the day's second race. 10. Confidence is also a major factor in a jockeys success. Meet JJ Hernandez,, one of Santa Anita Parks rising young jockeys Yet winning jockey Umberto Rispoli had a problem.. In this image provided by Irish-bred Island of Love and jockey Juan Hernandez win the . Jose Ortiz's career has been very lucrative, and he is one of the world's elite jockeys. calvary chapel plantation service times; juan hernandez jockey wife. So, how much is Irad Ortiz Jr. worth at the age of 29 years old? As a rider, you always wanna win big races.. He says the keys to his success are quite simple. We have estimated Irad Ortiz Jr.'s net worth, money, salary, income, and assets. I like to ride up front, but if Im on a horse that likes to come from behind, I wont try to change his style, he said. 22:40 TURF PARADISE (USA) | Races 04 March 2023 | Racecard & Tips Join Facebook to connect with Juan Hernandez and others you may know. The Grade 3 $100,000 Providencia Stakes for 3-year-old fillies going 1-1/8 miles on the turf was won in a gate-to-wire effort by Cairo. Hes that nice a guy and that good a rider.. Copyright 2010 - But next weekend's final three days featuring the Grade I Debutante and. . Lifelong horseman Juan Hernandez is on pace to win his first riding title at Santa Anita. Juan Hernandez Riding High Atop Del Mar's Jockey Standings He made a lofty comparison when discussing Hernandez Friday morning. This is the first of four articles that take a personal, unvarnished look at the career of the San Antonio-based painter Adan Hernandez (October 15, 1951-May 15, 2021). Madone paid $7.80, $4.00 and $3.20 for trainer Simon Callaghan and jockey Juan Hernandez. She got upset in the paddock and (jockey Flavien) Prat told (assistant trainer) Jimmy (Barnes) she just had no interest in running. by June 7, 2022. He won two stakes races aboard Essential Quality, including the Runhappy Travers Stakes on Aug. 28. Astute, a Speightstown filly, ran 7 furlongs on a fast track in 1:22.94 for jockey Juan Hernandez. For me. Bob Baffert is listed as co-breeder and his wife, Jill, as co-owner of . It doesnt hurt that hes a very nice person, too. Wife Melissa and two sons, Juan and Emilio Hernandez has become the latest riding sensation to leave Northern California and take his shot on the more prestigious Southern California racing circuit.