Either that or if he is like me during a manic episode he might beat himself up out of frustration. [13] On January 28, 2011, the Delaware state medical examiner's office reported Wheeler's cause of death as assault and "blunt force trauma" without elaboration. If you do not see the crash report you are looking for, please contact the local Highway Patrol troop headquarters or the Patrol Records Division at General Headquarters. The Fast & Furious star's tragic death had . He worked for the Kroger Company for 16 years then he worked for . We were not able to do an interview with the Newark [Delaware] police department. According to the Delaware state medical examiners office, Jack's official cause of death was blunt force trauma. Wheeler was apparently trying to gain access to a garage and wanted to pay for a parking fee but his car was in a different garage at the time. Jack Wheeler Obituary - Kokomo, IN This is when the real speculation sets in. Who Really Killed Jack Wheeler? Death Theories Explained - Distractify One Source stated that his wallet was found on his body, despite him having reported it stolen several days earlier, but I can not seem to find a corroborating source, which is another reason I would like the autopsy results. This kills two birds with one stone. The story would be fabricated that Iran used nuclear weapons - of which they had none - thereby justifying the use of a nuclear strike on Iran. If he did, waking up inside a dumpster being turned upside down would probably be the cause. This reconstruction of events, however, seems far too speculative, given the lack of evidence. It's sad, I wish he had taken his meds and not had an episode, but that's what this was. "Jack" Jun 12 2004 Abston Lorrene 12 DEC 1990 Abston Marvin W. Apr 04 2005 Abston Sally Jane Roe 19 APR 1989 Achenbach Anna 18 NOV 1998 Ackerson Mariel M. 11 FEB 1998 Acton Clayton 20 APR 1992 Acton Delbert B. Years later, her identity and her death remain a mystery. His autopsy listed a rash of severe injuries, including a punctured lung, broken ribs, bleeding in the head, bruises to the face, orbital bones, temples . Jack served in the Vietnam War and after he came back he began planning a memorial for all who fought and died there. It now seems Wheeler spent at least two days wandering the streets of Wilmington disoriented. That being said, the severity of the blunt force trauma depicted in the Unsolved Mysteries episode was not indicative of being tossed around a dumpster or a garbage truck. You can change your choices at any time by clicking on the 'Privacy dashboard' links on our sites and apps. The garbage men on the route Jack's body was found on stated that it was fairly common for them to find people sleeping in the dumpsters during the winter, as they had sliding side doors that were easily accessed and would keep you warm in the cold winter months. He does not contact police to report this burglary. 'Unsolved Mysteries': What Is Mitre Corporation? | True Crime Buzz Wheelerdescended from high Civil War pedigree, and lived an accomplished life which few can rival. (I don't believe his wallet was actually stolen, I think he added this in to make it sound more believable. Given the cause of death, there are a couple theories one might entertain as to how and why Wheeler was killed. What the Unsolved Mysteries episode doesn't include though, is that at the time, he repeatedly told the attendants that he "wasn't drunk" (suggesting he perhaps was acting like he was). Jack Wheeler | Unsolved Mysteries Wiki | Fandom Study it well. Perhaps Netflix reintroducing the public to the case will stir up some leads. What happened to Jack Wheeler? Here's what some fans think TRENDING STORIES: Jack was born September 10, 1927 to Joseph and Myrtle May (Brimberry) Wheeler in Kokomo. There were rumors flying around that he was going to blow the whistle on a dumping of chemical weapons stash. He was a well-connected man with strong ties to the US government and high-security clearance. She finds this highly unusual as he is usually extremely prompt in answer his phone, or at the very least return a call. Bush, and George W. Bush. But his widow, Katherine Klyce, told reporters police had given her conflicting information on the cause of his death. A report on NY times reveals that, according to Delaware State examiner's office, Jack's official cause of death was blunt force trauma. This led investigators to conclude Jack's body had been placed inside the dumpster sometime after leaving the Hotel DuPont camera the night before. Eric Roberts portrayed Jan Scruggs; Glynnis O'Connor, Becky Scruggs', Jan's wife. Archives: Random killing? Wheeler's widow says he looked frightened Not to mention the killer would have somehow had to follow him from from his home in New Castle City, to Wilmington. I think Jack was super paranoid at this point and didnt trust any strangers for help. "They" searched his home, left his cell phone in the neighbor house with a small fire, sent one of his friends to kill him, first, but he being a strong military trained man, fought him off but lost a shoe, etc. Fallows wrote a tribute to Wheeler in the Atlantic Magazine online, saying, "I feel terrible for his family and hope they will eventually find comfort in knowing how many important things he achieved." Family and friends are welcome to send flowers or leave their condolences on this memorial page and share them with the family. Discussing Jack's final hours show's co-creator Terry Meurer told The Wrap: "Jack went into the pharmacy and he asked the pharmacist, who he knew, to give him a ride to Wilmington. JOHN "Jack" Wheeler was brutally murdered with "blunt force" and dumped at Cherry Island Landfill in Delaware. (His wife was currently in New York, and Jack was home alone). Jack is known to be vehemently opposed to the house under construction across the street. Jack Wheeler's death was disconcerting for a number of reasons. Crime Life After Death John Wheeler was found in a Delaware landfill on New Year's Eve. Jack's body was found in a Delaware landfill one day after his disappearance in December 2010, having last been seen alive on a street in Wilmington. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. He often leaves his car at the AMTRAK station or in parking garages in Wilmington, and he always takes a cab to get home or return to his vehicle. It just doesn't seem plausible. One of the last people to see Jack Wheeler alive was Sammy Abdelaziz, who manages parking garages in the city of Wilmington. We were not able to do an interview with the Newark [Delaware] police department., "So some of those details they would have because they were the law enforcement that spoke to that couple, but we dont have any of those details.. Jack Wheeler's death is the focus of an Unsolved Mysteries episode Credit: YouTube. Did they speak with the people from the pharmacy who gave him a ride? The first episode of Unsolved Mysteries Volume 2 centers on the murder of Jack Wheeler, a Washington insider and former aide to President George W. Bush. Related: Why True Crime Show Fans Should Watch More Documentaries. Back in Wilmington, detectives are able to identify Jack's body, and contact New Castle City Police Department (NCCPD), where Jack's house is located. Jack was having an intense ongoing dispute with the owner of the house being built across the street, and it was being built on part of a historic Battery Park, which Jack viewed as an offensive gesture to the history of the park and the soldiers who served there. Jack was being followed by someone who was paid to kill him: I have yet to hear a single shred of evidence to suggest someone was being paid to kill him. The Washington Post article describes how the Unsolved Mysteries case Wheeler had developed an interest in hacking, and may have tried to hack someone involved in the project: "One of the to-do lists Wheeler left behind, dated Dec. 5, mentions hacking a target associated with the construction dispute." It was The Long Gray Line, by former Washington Post reporter Rick Atkinson, a nonfiction account of West Points Class of 1966, in which Wheeler featured prominently." This mirrors the recent Unsolved Mysteries episode on Jack Wheeler, which aired last October. I believe this is the catalyst that starts a chain reaction of events that end with him dead. The Strange Case of John. P Wheeler III - Criminal Behaviours My theory on Jack Wheeler is that he maybe was being stalked, this triggered a manic episode, he wandered the streets of Newark, got beaten up by some drunks/crackheads in an alley, and crawled into the dumpster where he died #unsolvedmysteries. In the 66 years he lived, he built a professional pedigree few others could claim to match. According to a Washington Post article from 2017, the police did investigate the home and found among the disarray which included Wheeler's prized ceremonial sword from West Point "a book lay open on the kitchen counter. For example, surveillance footage showed him in Wilmington before he was killed. Jan Scruggs, founder, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, said, "Jack was a very exceptional person, a graduate of West Point, a graduate of Harvard Business School, a graduate of Yale Law School. -, Press J to jump to the feed. As stated in the timeline, someone is seen wearing dark clothes, and throwing fiery smoke bombs into the house under construction in an arson attempt. Contract killers also don't generally beat someone to death. It also sums up my feelings precisely, and for . Lying on the floor, covered in powder, are Jack's ceremonial West Point sword and shield. Volk and Klyce both provide detailed descriptions of how "directionally challenged" Wheeler was, explaining his presence at the wrong parking garage as not that out of the ordinary. UNSOLVED Mysteries viewers have raged at a 'major oversight in CCTV footage' from missing Jack Wheeler's case. We may just never know the connection between the arson event and the break-in (if there is a connection). The documentary doesnt say when Wheeler died or where the crime scene exists. 1- James McDougal - Clintons convicted Whitewater partner died of an apparent heart attack, while in solitary confinement. At the time of his death, he was also working in cyber security. The ride should have been 10 or 12. Missouri State Highway Patrol - Crash Reports He hits into the wrong crowd. Press J to jump to the feed. The loss of his briefcase on the train (which contained his key fob and Mitre ID) causes his manic episode to begin to spike. Submissions should outline a mystery and provide a link to a more detailed review of the case such as a Wiki article or news report. Do I have proof of this? The time it would take to kill them, and the risk of being caught, are just too high. I havent watched the episode but as I was reading this I was thinking it seems likely that he got into the dumpster himself for whatever reasonI cant see any of the other theories being reasonable re: him being beaten to death. Death notices are submitted by regional funeral homes. Receipts later found in Jack's house show he purchased dark clothing and a hooded ski mask that day, and his wife has actually since stated she believes he was the one attempting to burn it down. Jack Wheeler's death doesn't sit right w me, like, there're so much wrong things in this case and nothing make any sense, I don't even know what to conspire #unsolvedmysteries. To this day, I remember Michael Savage speaking of this murder and it worries me as much as 9/11 did. In fact, it would be several days before police came to the conclusion Jack was not dumped in the landfill. Wheeler, who also oversaw the. (I am unable to find a copy of the autopsy report and would greatly like to see it if anyone has an idea how to obtain it, please let me know). On November 11, 1988, Wheeler introduced President Reagan at the Memorial before the latter observed his final Veterans' Day there. He was a key witness in Ken Starr's investigation. [10] Police ruled his death a homicide and claimed that "all the stops made Friday (December 31) by the garbage truck before it arrived at the landfill involved large commercial disposal bins in Newark (Delaware), several miles from Wheeler's home. 14 DEC 1992 Acton Gloria Hall 23 Apr 2001 Acton James Richard FEB 8 2003 Obituary for Jack Clinton Hightower | Wheeler Mortuary Jack had been driven to the parking garage from a pharmacy, but it is not clear who took him between the two places. PDF Obituary Database for 1985 to 2005 complied at the Lebanon Library by