[20] Drizzt subsequently fled Menzoberranzan with Guenhwyvar at his side.[21]. It only takes a minute to sign up. guy zabka nashville; highest scoring half total in 1xbet. [22] For example, on page 182 of The Crystal Shard (of The Icewind Dale Trilogy Collector's Edition) and page 155 of the first printing of The Crystal Shard trade paperback: Despite these publishing errors, Salvatore explained that Guenhwyvar had always been a "she." Plane Shift (Su): Guenhwyvar can plane shift upon command of her master as the spell with up to one other being from The House of Nature to her master and back to the House of Nature every other day for a period of 6 hours. I am afraid to submit it to make it public for fear of copyright infringement and penalties, as I have already had warnings for avatars that were copyright protected. It's not canon, Drizz't and Guenhwyvar are bros 4 lyfe. Guenhwyvar cannot speak, but can understand Drizzt. [7] When summoned, the figurine emitted a gray mist which quickly solidified into the panther shape. (AD&D 1e, DMG p. 144). The creature obeys and serves its owner. It is named after the book series by the same name recounting the adventures of the dark elf Drizzt Do'Urden and his friends. Do you think I should just delete my answer (which is based on rules rather than the book)? The sentence structure denotes "her" as Guenhwyvar, with the friends in reference being Drizzt and Catti-brie. You are using an out of date browser. Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider, http://www.wizards.com/forgottenrealms/FR_3E_Drizzt.asp, http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2917/stats.html, http://www.dlnexus.com/fan/rules/character/12152.aspx, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Chris Perkins stated him up as an 8th-level Champion Fighter. Indeed, it looks like she is a figurine from the same wiki: Guenhwyvar is a unique figurine in that the statuette summons its creature rather than transforms into it. So I finally talked my fiancee into playing D&D. When she takes Regis to the Astral Plane and he manages to bring the figurine along with them, she is very excited. "We got this, no problem! report. Guenhwyvar's figurine was crafted by the finest dwarven craftsman in the Cormanthor region and enchanted by Anders Beltgarden, a 75-year-old human ranger/wizard who lived not far outside Myth Drannor in 253 DR.[10] It was to be a parting gift for Anders' friend, the Bladesinger Josidiah Starym, before Anders died of old age,[11] but Josidiah saw an intelligence in the giant panther's eyes that he felt should not be caged, let alone killed; he thought her body should not be enslaved to magic and a master's command. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. How do we give this girl some flair and power for a moment of glory so she can shine and show off her stuff to a party whom adores animals. Adventure Game Industry Market Research Summary (RPGs) V1.0, TSR, WotC, & Paizo: A Comparative History, Eric Noah's Unofficial D&D 3rd Edition News, MCU - a list of loose threads, plot seeds, and the like *SPOILERS*, Doctor Who: Past, Future, and Thoughts on the End of the 13th Doctor (SPOILERS! Rules Information hide. I'd like for her to turn the tide of battle, and a CR Dire Panther is just NOT gonna cut it . ), In sum, the idea is that Gwen levels up with the player (their stupid astral spiritual hippie bond increases), taking the place of any other equipment/magical items. . The pack costs $39.99, which seems like quite a good deal for figures of this quality and everything they come with, and there is a limit of two per customer. In the fictional universe of the Forgotten Realms, Guenhwyvar is a magical black panther from the Astral Plane. Only 3 left in stock - order soon. [OC] A home for all my 5e things! Guenhwyvar has been described as a figurine of wondrous power over many editions of D&D. He should be atleast be an epic level charater by now. You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account. Her indications of understanding are subtle; she doesn't show off her intelligence, and has a laconic demeanour in her physical responses, suitable to a proud and intelligent great cat. Please enable JavaScript to get the best experience from this site. However, during the final stage of the ritual, the magic of the binding also absorbed that of the extra-dimensional hole Guen was partially lying in, causing a brief rift to the Astral Sea. If you watch the D&D Beyond announcement Trailer you can catch official Drizzt character sheet, skills and weapons! By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Guenhwyvar. I created a rough 5e version of Drizzt's panther Guenhwyvar in Homebrew. Race Guenhwyvar weighs about 600 lb (272 kg). But one thing is certain: Whoever owns the figurine will be able to summon a black panther companion called Guenhwyvar. Why is there a voltage on my HDMI and coaxial cables? How long has he been a 16th level ranger? Female[5] . Drizzt and Guenhwyvar. Press J to jump to the feed. Perhaps the warrior option? Did this satellite streak past the Hubble Space Telescope so close that it was out of focus? Simply spending time on the Prime Material Plane slowly drains the panther's strength. 0 From ethanmusolini.com. Can a human be transformed into a Mind Flayer? One example of Guen's intelligence is in The Halfling's Gem, the third book in R. A. Salvatore's Icewind Dale trilogy. For the purposes you want them for they seem fine to me and are certainly more interesting than a DMNPC. Minimising the environmental effects of my dyson brain. She builds a drow, but demands a tiger pet. He was an atypical drow who had forsaken both the evil ways of his people and their home in the Underdark, to become the legendary hero of the North. Brazier is pronounced "bray-zier" (slightly sounds like the TV character Frasier); hear it here. [6][7], Guenhwyvar was summoned through a detailed onyx figurine of a panther. Always go for stats [OC] OC. [5e] [OC] Today I got to roll 39d8 for damage, in a last ditch effort when our party's backs were against the wall. Sold by Hoarder's Hidey Hole and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. Also in Siege of Darkness, from the Legacy of the Drow series, it states, "Then for no other reason than to give praise to the day, Guenhwyvar reared and stood tall in the air, a sight that sent her friends' hearts racing.". The difference has come up, because her metabolism is much weirder than normal figuring animals - e.g. E.g. [17], Circa 1327 DR, Masoj, now a student of Sorcere, spent six months with Drizzt Do'Urden, instructing him in the magical arts. tr:Guenhwyvar A line in this passage reads, "the woman had whispered something in Guen's ear, and the cat, obviously gender loyal", suggesting Guenhwyvar is female. April 11, 2017 Zoltar. If so, how close was it? [7] When summoned, the figurine emitted a gray mist which quickly solidified into the panther shape. 21.3k. Let me know what you think! DROWS! Guenhwyvar has saved Drizzt's life more than once in their common history. So she is a unique figurine of wondrous power. We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. I've been reading all about Drizzit and Guenhwyvar , and have fallen in love with Guenhwyvar. guenhwyvar stats 5ekerala express highway project. Privacy Policy. LOL! In the fictional universe of the Forgotten Realms, Guenhwyvar is a magical black panther from the Astral Plane. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Maintaining Sorcerer's Does she have above average intelligence? In Sea of Swords, Drizzt and Catti-brie have a "fight", and Guenhwyvar pushes Drizzt to the ground, holding him there. "Ever am I tasked with satisfying conditions of someone else's bet. (+2 defending scimitar), figurine of wondrous power: onyx panther (name Guenhwyvar), anklets of speed . Eye of Vecna (version #1) 1. Aliases Pre-order yours on Hasbro Pulse! Cookie Notice poison spray, resistance, create or destroy water, jump, speak with animals. zh:. This Hasbro Pulse exclusive action figure 2-pack features custom artwork created by the talented comic book and concept artist Max Dunbar. she wasn't the statue - her creation process had some things go. ah "sideways" during production. The panther accepts him as a master, but loves him as a friend. However, when Masoj killed Gelroos in 1297 DR, he retrieved the statuette for himself. Show all. I realize this is a lore question, but I'll try to answer with some rules (since I could not find anything based on lore): Guenhwyvar was summoned through a detailed onyx figurine of a panther. You don't talk.". New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. [8] When summoned, the figurine emitted a gray mist which quickly solidified into the panther shape. Can the tarrasque feel love? Mutually exclusive execution using std::atomic? The name Guenhwyvar is taken from the Welsh version of the name Guinevere, King Arthur's queen. Guenhwyvar is very much like Drizzt. They start shipping this Friday, 12/18, so get your order in now! Forgotten Realms Wiki is a FANDOM Games Community. Josidiah decided on the high elven word for shadow, "Guenhwyvar." Guenwhyvar is roughly 600 pounds (twice the weight of a normal panther), and is as smart as any person. Therefore, rather than being absorbed by the statuette, Guenhwyvar's spirit was merely bound to the statuette and came to inhabit the Astral Sea. What is the point of Thrower's Bandolier? ru: Onyx Panther: This magical figurine summons the black panther Guenhwyvar, a friend and loyal companion to Drizzt. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Guenhwyvar as we know her is a panther from the astral plane that is summoned through an onyx figurine of wondrous power. You could also incorporate a quest, like you mentioned, to get it all magical and whatnot. How to notate a grace note at the start of a bar with lilypond? He has darkvision and +2 to saving throws against spells and spell-like effects; he's lost his normal spell resistance, as he's been on the surface too long. Other concepts will include the Ranger . [6] Due to her nature as an astral being not of the Prime Material Plane, she was highly resistant to biological poisons and quite resistant to physical injuries as well. This site works best with JavaScript enabled. Not all interesting to me, but it is what it is. Role-playing Games Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for gamemasters and players of tabletop, paper-and-pencil role-playing games. Nicknames There is no edition tag. Guenhwyvar is called to the Prime Material Plane by an onyx figurine, most recently in the possession of the drow Drizzt Do'Urden. JavaScript is disabled. 2022-05-31 Some Ranger multiclass concepts involve Ranger as the primary class with the majority of the levels. Guenhwyvar was summoned through a detailed onyx figurine of a panther. $56.65. . Guenhwyvar was a 600lb (270kg) black panther who resided on the Astral Plane. In the novels, Guenhwyvar is actually from the astral plane, and Drizzt summons her into the material world with a small onyx statue that she has been bound to.