However the tax you played should be in loaded in store credit. Contact our main office with your request. Stupid. She basically dismissed my issue; said the no return policy was always in effect even before Covid, that the signs were posted at the check-out counter (which they were not), and that I just didn't look hard enough. How can I walk with 5x7 that is full of dust to different locations just to see if GOODWILL HAVE ANYTHING FOR $60. All sales are final at our northern Arizona locations. I just wanted to exchange them for another pair of shoes. 99% of the time there is a different item in the box than what it shows on the outside. Everything you get is donated! I explained concern Goodwill would sell items that could cause harm to unsuspecting clients. Took them back two days later with receipt. We hold items for 30 days, if the item is not picked . Moreover, when I tried on a suit coat over my dress shirt and out in the open in front of one of their mirrors, a store clerk told me I could not try it on. Customers will receive an in-store credit valid for 1 year from original purchase date. Dressing rooms still closed. Read our other return policy guides on CVS or Walgreen. I go there pretty often & never noticed a sign informing the customer. The founder. I don't know that I'll be going to goodwill from now on because of this. Prior to purchase I asked if there was any thing wrong with it and was told it worked and was complete. This seemed a little backward. Goodwill collects and sells donations to fund job training and job placement programs for people with disabilities and our nations veterans. If the holiday falls on the weekend, it is observed either Friday or Monday, please call ahead if you are unsure. Practice good hand washing. When I got home and took the pillows out, I discovered that inside the pillow cases was nothing but another closed case filled with foam and nothing that looks like feathers. After all. We appreciate your ongoing support and patronage - it makes a difference, because everyone and everything matters! Either in cash or in store credit. Nowhere in your return policy blurbs do you say that items can be returned to any Goodwill in the area. Asked the Manager to test, she said no need because all items are tested before. Due to her mental state,I don't think she realized anything to begin with.. They have lost my family as customers as well now. It's hard to buy clothes without trying them on first. Wtf . They are out to help people. Do not wash any apparel, or you will not be able to make a return. Very very sad to have been treated with the utmost disrespectful employees I've ever came across. Goodwill will also not accept your return if you remove the tags from the items. I do my best to support your organization, but when things like this happen, You lose the support from people like myself who care. Let alone they try to tell us that they don't mark prices on the items they get in. 177. Having a receipt and having tags on them still you are double dipping the consumer. to RETURN an item for CREDIT 0:39. They did not let me return them. I want to start by saying I am a longtime GW fan. Goodwill stores used to offer a seven-day return window, but they extended their policy after removing the dressing rooms from the stores. Return & Exchange Conditions As long as Goodwill receives your package, the merchandise and shipping payment will be returned to you within 14 days. I just tried to return a pair of shoes. Furniture: Dressers, Tables, Sofas, Bed Frames (Except water bed frames), No household chemical products such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols and other environmentally-unfriendly wast products. I tried to return the items on Monday October 12, 2020. New return policy stinks , store credit only , Really !!! They completely took the dressing rooms out, then offer no refunds, no store credits..just find an item or items the same day you return the item to the store. I'm ok with no refund but not with no store credit! For detailed hours of operation, please contact the store directly. You'll never see another penny from me ever ever again ! Found a small child's bookshelf and a crib in box. I have called district officedoubt they willl call back. The dressing rooms are closed due to Covid, so there was no way to try on clothes before purchase. Typically, the concession amount for FBM can be one of the following: 50% of the cost that the buyer . That's why I remained a faithful customer of it. I need to do some returns tomorrow because I couldn't find my receipt tonight and thought it was in the bag and I have never forgot before, so I'm pretty confident they will let me return on the 15th day. Many Electronic merchandise did not get test before putting on the shelves. I found one, but was too high for me to see clearly and was attached so could not be taken down. Bought a coffee pot worked fine one time now I find out it's leaking water/coffee all over my counter. Now My sister has returned home and will be stuck with clothing that may not fit. And the Manager was rude TO A 60 YEAR OLD RETIRED GRANDMA IN FRONT OF HER GRANKIDS,,! I believe when someone goes out of their way to help they should be recognized. I do not go their often and in Phoenix metro area in store credit. The cashier just arbitrarily decided to mark them up because she thought they were cute and even made a comment about it. 553 Fairview Ave. N St. Paul, MN 55104 651-379-5800. Concerned, I purchased a stereo surround sound system at the transit road store in Depew NY for 65.00 that didn't work at all. Visited several Goodwill stores last week on my day off. Goodwill is a ripoff. If I would had known that I could not have use it when I got home, maybe I would have spent it when I was there. Bought clothes for my step daughter. The refusal to give a refund on items returned within a 7 day period is infuriating. Sick and tired of seeing 2.99 price tags on Dollar Tree items, 3.99 on microwave-trashed plasticware, cracked plates and burned teflon pans -- they are selling free magazines for .99 and a can of Campbell's tomato soup for 1.99! Terrible customer service. The lady I spoke to said I could get a refund for my items. Resellers would price match stuff now They have smart phones to help do that quicker! Then I had to give my ID to get my money back. Abstract. Lowering prices on request is not a common practice for any retailer and we have adopted that as our policy as well. I received 2 items for my birthday in March. It seemed fine and there were other people trying to use he outlet so I bought it and brought it home. I returned several months later to use it only to discover at check out that it has "expired" less than a month prior and while the cashier said this to me she slid the card into the drawer (did not even return it to me so I could challenge it). Good will has lost a customer over this policy. Before that time is up, if I don't find something I'd really love to buy, I can just buy Something (something I know is returnable)! One mentioned depending on how they fell that day that is how they mark the prices on the items. I posted a few days ago about my Panasonic DVD Theater System and Sony Video Camcorder Return and how I was only left with an in store credit. I hate the new return policy in Tennessee. If I couldn't find anything the first time I went through your rack what makes you think I can the second time? I happened to look at the receopt, and it said "All sales final". I purchased an item on October 24th and returned it on the 27th. Almost every Goodwill location that closed during state-issued closures are now re-opened. After that point, your return-on-investment for continuing to operate substance-free will come in the form of savings realized from operating a safer, healthier, more productive . The store does not provide a refund to your original payment mode. Cost was $30. Sounds like I'm out my $7 since its been over 24 hours and it's electric. And that if I wanted to return my items I had to shop and exchange them for equal items! SNAP EBT Benefits For Eligible Purchases. The goodwill I visited 3/12/18 told me today that they do not do returns. Goodwill needs a new name Badwill for PROFIT Only. We would not have bought anything if that was the case. you expect a refund. I will have to go back to Tennessee to use it. Than I find out that the CEO's are getting paid houndreds of thaousonds of dollars. Goodwill policies are not acceptable if you use a debit or credit card on your purchases. Everyone I encountered from the staff was polite. So we continually refresh our racks and shelves keeping product selection extra fresh. It's all about making money for CEO and upper management and not to help the struggling people it portrays. For a nonprofit organization with the owner making 2.3 million in profit a year in his pocket from donated items that they resell do not give refunds or store credit over clothing that does not fit is ridiculous if not downright theft from their customers. With that amount of damage to a garment it shouldn't not have been on a hanger let alone $20. Old used shirts. I went to store right away and request a refund. I called the manager and after I explained my situation I was told to bring it back in. PATHETIC.. Due to Covid the dressing rooms are closed so you are told it's ok to try them on at home and return the ones that don't fit for a store credit. Job Club They refuse to give me my money back! Theives that is all they are. FORT MYERS FL THIS IS SO SAID IF IS WAS SOMEONE HAVE A DIFFERENT ETHIC BACKGROUND IT WOULD BE HANDLED MUCH BETTER. Recently, prices (here in Warrenton/Astoria Oregon) have been going up at Goodwill, and I am changing my method of selecting items. I was told there was a three 3 day limit in their return policy. When I took them back the next day I was told No Refunds. I take back and you say sorry for refund or store credit. Answer was "No" buy as is. The Goodwill Outlet has approximately 150 - 200 large rolling tables or bins on the floor at any one time. The Goodwills in Lafayette Indiana are WONDERFUL!! If I purchase a clothing item via Goodwill Online, may I return it to a local store for a refund? They said they have a no return policy. In how many days can we return the product? I tried to return clothes (with receipt and tags intact) the next day and they said no returns, not even for store credit. The one thing GOODWILL does NOT LIKE is NEGATIVE PUBLICITY we made them NOW LETS BREAK THEM john, I can't stand being asked to round up on my purchase. Just follow these three steps! The organization does not allow returns by mail. I will think twice about shopping there from now on. At Least Continue To Let Customers Exchange Something, You're Not Losing Anything But Another Customer Due To This Policy Change. It was over 2 year from expiration day. All other items SOLD AS IS. I have a really big CONSISTENT issue with how the company is tagging merchandise damaging perfectly good quality merchandise that is otherwise in immaculate condition or brand new putting holes in it because they're either careless or not trained in how to tag/sensor seams or tags in the garment. The CDC has lifted the mask mandate for fully vaccinated individuals, as has the governor of MN and most recently the mayor of Minneapolis. If you are going to clothes the fitting rooms, then you have to allow returns. My daughter donates to you all the time but I'm going to suggest to her to find somewhere else to donate stuff like the Salvation Army or church groups. They aren't in prized condition or prized brands. Ridiculous that goodwill sells items that are not complete in a sealed with rape box. If I had walked out the door with it I'd be stuck spending 80$ on trash at goodwill ef that They can have 3 or 4 of the same exact thing everyone have a different price.. It's a. I bought a strangers books. I purchased a rather large item yesterday. So now I am stuck with $100 worth of pants that I can't wear and that will probably end up being re-donated, so they can turn around and sell them again. How could you guys sell broken items saying it was tested and will refund your money back if it is not working. Goodwill accepts clothing (which is the most popular item from donors), household items, electronics, and retail inventory.. Apparently Goodwill paid them to lie! Goodwill accepts returns within 7 days of purchase at our Metro-Phoenix and Yuma locations. completely agree with customers replies regarding managers and workers been rood to customers. This was the store in Lexington, TN. Just brought back a item that did not work! But I am curious. I purchased all of my family's clothes and would only return them if they did not fit after they tried them on at home. High prices, crappy customer service. Return Policy - Goodwill of Southern New England Electrical Items 24 hours with ticket attached and receipt for a store credit. Goodwill works to provide employment opportunities and training to those who have difficulties finding work due to a disability, lack of education or lack of experience. This handbook applies to all Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio employees. As bad as Goodwill is you have to open the package to even see if it works let alone not be damaged or have some of the parts in it. I can understand having a time limit on returns maybe even the Assesors policy but if it's not tested and you're just throwing something out there and you're not sure if it works or not well don't sell it don't claim it to be something that it's night policies change from store to store they don't have a universal return policy even if it's stated on their website I can prove it quit taking advantage of your customers and hire people that are intelligent enough to know when somethings fixed broken new used or even trash. Returns The following policy does not apply to Goodwill Outlet Store purchases, where all sales are final. Some locations say that it is 14 day exchange policy due to fitting rooms being closed but if you go for a exchange past 7 days, then the worker will play dumb about it and say it is 7 days only. Dragging my whole family shopping with me is not an option. Spoke to a woman who acted as a manager. I don't think Goodwill has a clue how much merchandise is being purchased for other people other than themselves. Bought a broken purse which I didnt see it until I got home, after 3 days came back to return they said i cant cus it not clothing. When you make a purchase with a gift card, your receipt will show the remaining balance. The clerk said as long as l returned in the 7 days policy & had a receipt, l could. And love to consign: resell and rebuy high end so I understand the concept of quality control. Telephone # (804) 745-6300 in Central Virginia or (757) 248-9405 in Hampton Roads. Each purchase gives you another stretch of time for shopping with each "new" credit slip. Nope and now they won't take it back. BUT I did personally go back to the store in the allotted 24 hours and ask for a manager and explained what happened. Goodwill today was going to buy a $20.00 fish tank aquarium. You don't pay for the stuff you should at least give store credit for something that doesn't work!!!! First bedsheet bought was $11.99, found out that the correct size was worth $19.99 and expected to pay the difference but was informed that Goodwill Orange's policy is different from Goodwill's policy, really laughable and ridiculous. I brought something in Tennessee and it did not work, so I took it back and they gave me a gift card and said that I could use it at any goodwill store. It's not like I wore the item or took the tag off, was disappointed that I had to walk out of the store. Fulfilled By Merchant (FBM) There is a concession refund cap for FBM orders, where the Amazon seller processes and ships the items to the customer. I am so disappointed. We purchased several items yesterday at our local store. It's best to give your local Goodwill donation center a phone call to find out if your items are acceptable. Goodwill is DISGUSTING IN GREED.the ceos make millions off of over pricing donated items. Now I'm out $25, I will never donate to Goodwill ever again! Their dressing area wasn't available so I was told bring them back with tags still intact and your receipt and we'll refund it or depending on how long you'll get store credit at the least. When I expressed my surprise of "an expiration date" the cashier even said "I didn't know they expired either". I returned to the store at the agreed time and was told that they do not issue returns for electronics that power on. All other sales are final. I will never go back. 1) I attempted a return to the Goodwill in Medford OR 5 days after my purchase. To get your refund, you will have to return the items within the time limit specified. Required fields are marked *. Well, on 12/4/2019 l tried to return & exchange 1 pair of does $6.99. Clothing may be returned within 5 days. They sold an emfamil sample box for $15 dollors and I bought anyway cause I was in needed. Or maybe now is the time to move to Salvation Army. I exchanged my shoes that the soles fell apart on the moment I put them on for a couple sodas. Love Goodwill, I am vip member that means am always buying might have bought too much, on July 3 I went in to the store and was told that everything will be Sale July 4, on the sale day I purchased a 5x7 rug for the same price was hesitant I expected to pay the sale price and went outside to call a cleaner's on hearing the price to clean I said I will just put it back 2mins after purchasing, the rug for $60.00,the manager said I can't return, take store credit, I ask for some kind a prove to say I have a store credit they said the don't have anything to prove "suggestions for the Manager and cashier I should walk to different stores with the rug and the receipt for the next 7days to see if there is nothing else for $60". All merchandise is tagged with a color coded tag - which is discounted every 5 weeks. If they are having a good day they mark the prices down. Wow they only have greedy excuses. Goodwill should also return the original receipt to the customer. Stay away this place selling broken stuff but dont want to take responsibility for it. I spoke with her and she has been extremely helpful and professional and has worked with me in my situation. Went back to the Store returned the item and the Manager fid nit gave my money back. Effective January 22, 2023, we will fully implement a 14-day return policy for Apparel items only. I recently bought quite a few things from goodwill and once I got home I noticed one jacket is quite literally falling apart at the seams and I paid 20 for it. This happened to me today. You In 2019, Goodwill served more than 25 million individuals worldwide and helped more than 230,000 people train for careers in industries such as banking, IT and health care, to name a few, and get the supportive services they needed to be successful, such as English language . You must return your item within 30 days after purchase, According to the new Goodwill return policy. The lady said the items did not match the receipt. Customer service does not exist at "Goodwill". It's a recycle business. Well when I came back home to Georgia and tried to use it they said that they do not take that kind of card. Shame on you Goodwill for being greedy and self-serving. Seems like that would expose the item to more germs/virus than letting people try it on there. I also purchased woman's slack dress pants, when I went to try on at home they had vaginal discharge in them. It is Amazon's policy to charge the concession refund from your account first. Anyway, I just need compassion from you. It is not the customer fault you had 1000 of old television and. I purchased several items of clothing which totaled to be a little over 40 dollars. I bought new items from a nearby goodwill store. The Goodwill organization does not allow its customers to return a product by mail. Example: purchased two collectable figures a day ago only to find on line that they WAY WAY WAY over priced the figures. Goodwill gives back NOTHING! I got Jack at the register. We'll, you probably can guess what happened - neither worked. The . Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need information on location of store. I Will Also Not Be Shopping At Any Goodwill Due To Their Selfish Money Hungry Ways. Goodwill and their employees are shady. Add me to the list of people who will no longer support Goodwill for their bad business practices. All prior policies, benefits, procedures, etc. Bad customer service. I then asked for a store credit voucher to go to another store and they refused. To maintain the health and safety of shoppers and employees alike, there will be sanitization and social distancing policies in place to protect the health and safety of our guests and employees. Items must be returned to the location where they were purchased within 14 days. The store say no returns unless it is electronics. I just bought a shirt as a gift. I shop at goodwill because I'm on a budget. Gave me a personal Store Credit to spend in all Goodwill. I do feel like I've been taken advantage of since they checked the items and priced them and represented them for what they are not. I will never buy or shop at Goodwill again. Just One day after purchase and was told. Do they have video, facial recognition or what from the date and time on receipt? I have bought many items over the years at their stores and have occasionally returned an item with a full refund each time. I purchased a tote bag at the Florin Road store yesterday. And I will explain to you why! Let alone they try to tell us that they don't mark prices on the items they get in. The clerk said no they couldn't & checked with another clerk who stated it was a health department issue. I used to be a regular customer but not anymore. My sister said she would have made a fit, but I was with my baby and did already felt humiliated and embarrassed. I was buying cloths for my adult children as well. This has happened several times on other itemd but I never returned them.This was Alot of money for broken China. Maybe Goodwill needs to call the return policy merchandise exchange and not credit. These items are known as non-returnable items. Took it back the same day for a refund, the lady told me no refunds are given not even store credit. The woman who double-charged me stood at her register mean mugging me! I WILL NEVER SUPPORT GOODWILL AGAIN AND I WILL ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO THE SAME AND I am posting this to social media. If Goodwill didn't overprice their stuff I could see a policy such as this but this is simply not the case. I do not want to claim that I am the top spender, but I went shopping almost everyday and always bought too much. Goodwill needs a new name Badwill for PROFIT Only. I won't be shopping here anymore since I can't try anything on and the return policy is ridiculous. When donations are made to Goodwill a receipt is provided. Very unsatisfied. Some locations say that it is 14 day exchange policy due to fitting rooms being closed but if you go for a exchange past 7 days, then the worker will play dumb about it and say it is 7 days only. Need to train your managers and workers to be more pleasant and not so hateful. Did y'all forget the meaning of Goodwill? Proof of purchase is defined as having the original receipt for the item being returned or exchanged. They tell you too bad, it says "as-is" I told them, I understand it is "sold as is" But you should be ashamed selling items that DO NOT WORK!!. I had purchased several pairs of jeans for my daughter on Sunday October 11, 2020. Goodwill's membership program Join Goodwill to enjoy its loyalty offers. I am done supporting Goodwill. This unit not only is missing parts and does not power up either. They gave me a number to call and speak with some guy called Terry atherton and he never answer the fcking call. When I explained that I wore the shoe one day and the sticker would have fallen off she still refused exchange.