2:15-cv-00878, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California. The lawsuit, filed in the US District . /StructParents 12 /Resources 97 0 R This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. I was left go just before Christmas being told I stole hours, and asked how they could even prove that I was there at those times. But plaintiffs dont agree that policies are fair. Retrieval of punches and time sheets is limited to very little from the compass system (in my case can only retrieve as far back at the beginning of september) but this has been going on since the transfer back in may, a period of 4 months that I cannot prove using the methods available to associates. /Contents [58 0 R 59 0 R 60 0 R] I also would also do payroll and other manager duties. So basically, most of the time your "off the clock" lunch is interrupted, your working for free. >> An unpaid wages lawsuit seeking class action status (case number 3:13-cv-02698-MEM) has been filed against Amazon Inc., alleging employees at the company's facility in Pennsylvania were. 35 0 obj @]r9j/r2sb+}G*%vs7 &]b5.X8^[y+gx!ZaSEP[gh|H:00w[O2,_LG-49=bsMq)nGV3,Z I had a great Dm and great managers around me. 10 0 obj /Font << By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. /Annots [] Time records can also be kept on timesheets, security logs or software app. /Font << We had another assistant go into her position when I did and we were left to run a store not knowing what we were doing completely. We worked by yourself many times. The FLSA requires that employees be paid for all work, even if the work was not specifically requested. Employers should take steps to ensure that all employees, including supervisors, understand what constitutes actually report all time worked. I have worked for Dollar Tree for almost 5 years, last year I would show up on time at 3 a.m., to unload truck. When you have employees that dont want to show, which is truly at any job, but still makes it hard when you have young children to take care of. /Contents [163 0 R 164 0 R 165 0 R] Moreover, contacting us, whether through this website or by other means, does not create an attorney-client relationship. We challenge the C E O of Dollar Tree to work in some of his stores!! I was fired by my DM for leaving building to go to bank and then sitting in my car to eat. Transmission of the information on this site does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. 3 0 obj Before commenting, please review our comment policy. /Subtype /Type1 /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] Ok I also worked for dollar tree in ga and let me tell you I traveled for them 3 times over 40 miles one way and back and received no pay as I was promised to get paid for the trips so I then refused to travel and they corner me up after having me train my replacement and not telling me anything about it first hem me up and say they have proof I was voiding off things to keep money which is a total lie. worked 38 hours setting u new store, paystub shows 7,75! drug injury lawsuits and product liability lawsuits. /Contents [98 0 R 99 0 R 100 0 R] >> /BaseFont /Times-Roman And i think also any where in the US people have gone through the same. /XObject << /Outlines 2 0 R Additionally, because of long lines while waiting to clock in or clock out, workers were cheated from pay they should have received, Terry says. Is Working Off the Clock Illegal for Employees - QuickBooks /Group 161 0 R Dollar General concluded that Thomas took the CBLs for them and falsified company records to suggest they were traineda terminable offense. /I0 173 0 R /Tabs /S This comes from a California Supreme Court ruling in an off-the clock work lawsuit. I work any where from 50 to 70 hours a week. /Resources 72 0 R endobj WE GOT ROBBED, YES I SAID ROBBED, HELD UP AT GUN POINT, DISTRICT MANAGER JOESPH, DIDNT EVEN ANSWER THE PHONE. /Font << Each week in was paid 160.00 under the table I received no pay stubs or anything. This is a complain about the dollar general in Brooks ga on newnan rd ! We collect information from you when you fill out our contact form. endobj Due to integration of the FLSA in most state labor law, U.S. employee rights are protected insofar that they must be paid the minimum wage, as well as overtime, and the same compensatory or insurance benefits as other workers in the same role. /Contents [63 0 R 64 0 R 65 0 R] /Annots [] It was refused. << California law provides various protections and rights to employees in the state in the areas of wrongful termination, workplace harassment, and regarding wage issues like overtime, minimum wages, meal breaks, vacation pay, and other issues related to compensation. /Encoding /WinAnsiEncoding Wal-Mart said on Tuesday that it would pay at least $352 million, and possibly far more, to settle lawsuits across the country claiming that it forced employees to work off the clock.. /Contents [158 0 R 159 0 R 160 0 R] This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. >> Performing job duties during lunch breaks. We could not get a hold of our District manager per even get her to call us back. I feel it was unjust to beef let go like that after everything I had done for the store after being put in a position and just left to deal with things on my own. If we decide to change our privacy policy, we will post those changes on this page, and/or update the Privacy Policy modification date below. I believe I am entitled to unpaid wages. endobj /StructParents 22 /Tabs /S Employer guidelines should be clear and provide explicit examples of what constitutes off-the-clock infringements in the workplace to not foster misinterpretations. Unpaid Wages Lawsuit: Time Required for Work - LawyersAndSettlements.com /Parent 8 0 R >> Phone: 1-310-556-4811. /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] Specifically, in both lawsuits against BMW and Dollar General, the EEOC charges that BMW and Dollar General did not take steps to reasonably accommodate . I would like to bring this to the federal circuit but we need people from around the country who has experienced the same as the workers in MI. You could just call us free labor . >> And you never get undisturbed breaks. The employer expects availability after hours, the potential liability for unpaid hours increases because the employer reasonably should have known that work was being performed. << 49 0 obj Where an employer requires or allows workers to work overtime, under U.S. law that overtime is usually due compensation. She refused to give me my breaks or lunch on time days I didnt get lunch when working up 7 or 8 hours . /Tabs /S /Type /Page 40 minutes taken out of every shift all winter long and not to be paid for it, I dont know what Im supposed to do. /Tabs /S 9 0 obj So, 20 minutes to go get him and back, for a total of 40 minutes. We were still under staffed. Dollar general made me work off the clock? - Legal Answers - Avvo Hourly employees reported they were forced to work "off the clock" and had their pay records altered, according to a separate wage theft lawsuit filed in New York District Court in 2006. I was fired by what I consider a conspiracy. When I was promoted to store manager I was running a store in East Tenn. >> /Resources << 38 0 obj Workers at Vermont carwash (pictured above) are now unionized thanks to the CLEAN Carwash Campaign. But I did for several months.First manager was school smart and told no experience they brought in a new manager, I trained her as well. Employer direct request is considered due cause. Dollar General is thriving. But workers say they pay the price. - NBC News /W 0 endobj What are your thoughts, my 3rd week of working. /ITXT (2.1.7) https://topclassactions.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php, Dollar Tree Wage and Hour Lawsuit Claims Unfair Time Clock System, Social Security Disability application & appeal claim review, Abbott baby formula recall lawsuit investigation. Terms of Service << >> The plaintiffs say Dollar General maintained a policy of allowing, inducing, and incentivizing store managers to require, force, expect, encourage and/or suffer and permit proposed class members to work off the clock before, during and after shifts. Working off the clock is grounds for termination and if someone instructs you to work off the clock they can be fired. I would go in early and stay late to help with freight. /Type /Page You do not get paid for those 8hrs and if somebody calls out, and you do not have an extra person to cover, you are going in and working more hrs for free. /Type /Font New to ClassAction.org? /Type /Page Stating they could only find 2 hours and some change of time i not paid. I worked for dollar tree for 5 years or more as a asst. I have contacted dollar general hr and i was never on their payroll or have permission to do a lay out. Never fails. Dollar Tree Wage and Hour Lawsuit Claims Unfair Time Clock System Always have to stay at the site during lunch breaks. Because of this, Terry says, he and other members of this Class have been cheated out of pay that was due them. The lawsuit alleges the following violations against Dollar General: failing to calculate the regular rate of pay properly, for purposes of paying overtime; not paying at least minimum wages for all . /Parent 8 0 R >> /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] /Annots [] /Annots [] << /Type /Pages Not to mention to take him home after the shift. This is a frequent thing for DG. /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] Doing so places you under no obligations and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. An employee might clock out,yet continue working by finishing documents, making phone calls, or cleaning; all of which must be compensated under FLSA. /Resources 112 0 R Lawsuits can be collective as well. 11 0 obj Employers never know when a relationship will deteriorate in the future, so compliance is essential. /Length 484 Terms and Conditions. << I can't count how many times the closing duties took longer than what the GM had scheduled, and my time was cut back to 10:15. /Count 2 Employees should be clocked in during work. /Kids [40 0 R 41 0 R] Because of this, it should not be included in the regular rate of pay. Whatever the forum or venue, Capstone Law invests the time and resources necessary to vigorously prosecute its cases. Making sure that employees are informed of break and lunch times reduces off-the-clock work errors. The FLSAarticulates that employees be paid overtime for more than 40 hours a week. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. /Resources 117 0 R /Resources 82 0 R I received my unemployment after they asked for 2 hearings because she was exposed for unfairly firing me. /Count 1 /Type /Page I still am not receiving proper paychecks. Plaintiff Sherrell Hall says she started working for Dollar General in August 2016, when she was hired as a "picker" for one of their warehouses. I have signed agreements with a law firm and have heard nothing from them. Oct 11, 2017 7:37 am EDT. /Tabs /S Do personal care providers get overtime pay? So I didnt get to start my shift for 40 minutes yet did not get compensated for that. %PDF-1.5 << Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF. form | Employee Representative Action Against Dollar General /Parent 12 0 R /Tabs /S /Annots [] This Dollar Tree wage and hour lawsuit also claims the company has set up its bonus program so that bonus compensation wont be taken into consideration in determining overtime wages. This new manager is making employees clock out and then count down their tilts . Dollar Tree employees sue over 'off the clock' work /F2 46 0 R Wage theft is the illegal practice of not paying workers for all of their work including; violating minimum wage laws, not paying overtime, forcing workers to work off the clock, and much more. /StructParents 3 Similarly, an employer may request an employee perform work duties off the clock. Just want to tell people. I engaged into the lawsuit that was going on for unpaid wages and have heard nothing back. We also pay all court fees and litigation expenses so it literally costs you nothing to get started. Altering shift times is common way of working off-the-clock, as well as working during lunch breaks. /Type /Page or participates in a lawsuit against our Company or someone working for our Company. Great company.I am already part of this law suit for the 15 hours a week I worked off the clock as a key and asst. If one ever takes a position over cashier they are subject to interrupted breaks, and forced to remain on the property with responsibility for all issues inside that are above the scope of a cashier's duties. /StructParents 20 Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on your site. dn 0zm\wt#5F++kt?f?( TPoY>#i=+Mcnq_Em>/\uE/2Do For more information, please see our document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_3" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_4" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Please note: Top Class Actions is not a settlement The information on this site has been created by Capstone Law APC for informational purposes only, and is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Number of wage and hour lawsuits for back pay continues to rise, with considerable focus on failure to pay employees for overtime hours. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. /Annots [] /Pages 3 0 R Ive been employed for a little longer than 2 years and deal with the same issues to a tee. << /Tabs /S /Annots [] >> /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] manager, they didnt want us with 40hours saying it went by store sales, They wanted store manager in the store because they was on salary. /Contents [108 0 R 109 0 R 110 0 R] The lawsuits against BMW and Dollar General claim that the companies used "blinkered" or incorrect tests in their hiring process, which resulted in disproportionate screening of applicants. /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] And I also cannot collect unemployment? break but i get docked for it. status of any class action settlement claim. A former employee or current one can file a lawsuit for unpaid wages. /StructParents 14 << I worked there 11 years and I never had a uninterrupted 30 or 10min break they fired me because I was starting to find out about what the store manager was up to and they used my sick time and wont tell me why, Your email address will not be published. This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens. >> /Tabs /S /Contents [171 0 R] Similarly, unpaid work post-shift, like finishing, cleaning, and returning equipment is off-the-clock. I told her no HR said they were terminating me, but I didn't quit. << Unpaid overtime law: Off-the-clock, employee - Class Action Lawsuits So, if I clock in at 8 minutes after the hour, The time clock rounds that off to 15 minutes after the hour. /Group 141 0 R I am a plaintiff in the Dollar tree class action lawsuit. I can provide the schedules I worked as I kept them. /Resources 87 0 R Supervisors offer such praise in writing, documenting knowledge of the failure to pay overtime, creating the potential for a knowing or violation. /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] /Resources << 12 0 obj I am a dollar general store manager working between 60 - 70 hours per week. << endobj Being required to check or respond to voicemails or emails when you're off the clock. No need to spend hours finding a lawyer, post a job and get custom quotes from experienced lawyers instantly. break without having to do a key turn or getting on register to do a return or just back up the other cashier do to customer flow. I'm 18 and I need the money for college and everything. I signed paperwork to receive my claim and was told I would hear from them soon as it was mailed. 39 0 obj /Resources 77 0 R August 04, 2006. I worked from October 2015 till December 22, 2016 with zero vacation time used. I also believe the manager was adding lunch times in for us, even though their was not enough staff to take a lunch. (gI?zX]?woR'`{XAx$u7KX85g}mOu:gKp6/{1[z*4cCG"*k(xjycjmO4w`c1V,k0FEX\4,m`$N5Q2^-P|T(v.?ILI];_D)IMpvR"Q, Beaver et al v. Dollar General Corporation - 1:17-cv-01014. In Starbucks case, California court says workers owed for off-the-clock /Contents [93 0 R 94 0 R 95 0 R] Please complete this form to request a review of your complaint by an attorney. >> Was denied. /StructParents 9 /Annots [] Not good or legal ones though. 5 0 obj /Type /Pages /Type /Page /Resources 92 0 R /Resources 122 0 R /Parent 8 0 R Employers often deny or unlawfully refuse to pay overtime by misclassifying the positions of the workers, requiring them to report to work early but not punch the clock until later, striking hours off time cards, or not paying them for work before the shift starts and after the employee punches out for the day. >> This Dollar Tree wage and hour lawsuit is seeking to certify a Class of hundreds of Dollar Tree distribution center employees who claim that they have been shortchanged on pay and that the companys system of clocking meal and rest breaks is unfair and cheats them of time that should be spent for break time. I thought the other 2 assistants are suppose to share closes. 44 0 obj If an employer does not communicate an expectation for after-hours work, supervisors may give the impression that such effort is expected. Changes to our Privacy Policy GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. Dollar General employees are often required to work double shifts and work additional time before and after their scheduled shift. Constantly could not maintain a full staff. >> 18 0 obj /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] After my transfer the store manager was to train in class. We werent supposed to be in the store by ourselves just invade anything happens and I opens the store on my way home Oran and I closed the store alone multiple times just so the door could make money and was never aloud to close the door down while by myself. The supervisor, Douglas Troester, spent four to 10 minutes on those tasks each day, a total of 12 hours and 50 minutes during 17 months of employment, worth $102.67 at the then-minimum wage of $8 . Hi,I'm a store manager for DG as we speak.What I have seen through the years I've been here is you work every day all day long because this company thinks the store manager don't have a life on the outside .This company is a million dollar Corporation you would think they would match the hours with the work load that comes in the stores ,why do that when us managers work 48 to 90 hours a week with no incentives for our hard work were human to. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business. /ProcSet [/PDF /Text] In fact, a number of our attorneys previously worked for large national law firms and graduated from top law schools, including Harvard, University of Michigan, UCLA, and USC. So let's say that each employee is expect to work through there lunch (30 min) and manager keys a lunch break in that equals 18,634.5 hours. We believe that these are violations of California's Labor Code, and we also believe that these violations occurred on a systematic basis to Dollar General employees. About BigClassAction.com Federal law defines employment to include permit to work, or suffer as result of the activity. /F1 180 0 R With the exception of some upper management positions, the employer must pay overtime to workers who work more than forty hours per week. Im apart of this lawsuit I want to know how to get payment please get on contact with me. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. << Jennifer Peters and Rachel Buttry, both supervisors at the Dollar General store, claim in the lawsuit that they were forced to open registers, run returns and void items among other duties, despite the fact that the company employee handbook states that employees can be fired for working off the clock. and I started out as cashier and ended up as Store Manager, I have a lot to say, I worked numerous hrs without overtime pay, use vacation hrs to save payroll and worked off the clock. 48 0 obj {*{ /Parent 8 0 R Working off the clock labor is that which is unpaid or not contributing to overtime pay, and is usually illegal. Paying for unauthorized overtime might be painful, but overtime pay cannot be denied. /StructParents 19 >> /Tabs /S /Tabs /S /XObject << Even went to the store in my pjs sick once to resolve a customer issue. 19 0 obj Executive, administrative, or professional working in specified industries having commission-based contracts. /Contents [103 0 R 104 0 R 105 0 R] An employer is also generally obliged to pay a worker whose work is suffered. Because of this, there are long lines of employees waiting to clock in or clock out. less than half of my shift, meanwhile ive been out of work because of it and covid related problems. If I hadnt picked up the manager, Ive been sitting in the parking lot for a whole shift doing nothing. Because she was new they denied me taking time off. 34 0 R 35 0 R 36 0 R 37 0 R] To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs), To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you, To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs). << settlement administrator or your attorney for any updates regarding /F1 175 0 R << >> /Resources 107 0 R /Group 86 0 R Off-The-Clock Work Can Trigger Lawsuit An employee who has been working off-the-clock is often illegal, an attorney may be able to help you file a claim for back pay, understand whether covered by the FLSA or answer questions about the rights as a worker. >> Do we disclose any information to outside parties? It would be nice if the C E O of Dollar Tree would come and work in some of his stores, So he can Understand and feel what employees feel, like the Undercover Boss!!!!! Then when we got an assistant to come in and help we had to do our own schedules so we worked together so we could each have a weekend off, so we would do open to closed opposite weekends so I could see my kids and she could have time with her family, we in turn got yelled at for not asking if that was alright. /StructParents 1 I worked an average 55 plus hours for 4 years and was quickly dismissed and ignored by this company. /I0 181 0 R Lawsuit Claims Dollar General Saves Money, Jips Employees - Class Action /Tabs /S /Parent 8 0 R failing to calculate the regular rate of pay properly, for purposes of paying overtime; not paying at least minimum wages for all hours worked (relating to hours worked off-the-clock); not providing employees with timely, uninterrupted meal and/or rest breaks; not paying employees one hour of pay for each missed meal or rest break; not providing employees proper wage statements (pay stubs); failing to maintain accurate payroll records; not paying wages timely during employment and upon termination; failing to pay the time spent for and the costs of mandatory physical examinations and/or drug testing; and. In the form of being scheduled in earlier than opening managers, and not having time adjustments, and the few that I filled out myself have vanished. /Group 106 0 R Do we disclose any information to outside parties? What is taking so long.??? At Capstone Law APC, we believe that employees should be treated fairly, consumers should get what they pay for, and rights should be protected even when someone cannot afford a lawyer. Los Angeles, CA 90067 Dollar General Lawsuits - Law Fem With the exception of some upper management positions, the employer must pay overtime to workers who work more than forty hours per week. Working Off The Clock: Is It Legal & All You Need To Know - Homebase /MediaBox [0 0 612 792] endobj They never paid us for taking these tests at home or the hours to do it. >> And I have got to say it is the biggist pain knowing that I'm not getting paid for the work i have to do while off the clock. I gave her the keys, came home wrote the CEO of the corporation. endobj I Still work for dollar General and for the pay its not worth it they don't pay enough for the work they want done and its never appreciated we always have new people because people always quit. >> Time recording is the most important element of accountability. Therefore, the pay period cannot be reduced on basis of quantity or quality of work performed.