Pending Cases Currently Under Investigation at Elementary-Secondary and Post-Secondary Schools as of January 27, 2023 7:30am Search. Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated). This becomes an opportunity for the district to improve its commitment to fiscal responsibility. Desert Sands Unified School District is committed to the students and the families of the communities that we serve. That's why Desert Sands Unified School District (DSUSD) took things to the next level in promoting their recent LCAP survey. (760) 777-4200. RESOURCES & SERVICES . Research and experience show that principals play an important role in rolling out educational programs (Gates et al., 2019). Our teachers and staff are the best in the Coachella Valley. Caps employees and retirees healthcare benefits spending, Does not cover retirees lifetime health benefits, One or fewer qualified budget certifications in the last five years, No negative budget certifications in the last five years, Two or fewer superintendents between SY 2012-13 and 2018-19, Employs The Future Is Here! Because as we venture out to make sure that every students ready for college and career and life, weve got to make sure theyve got a great foundation for us to build on in middle school and high school. Reviews from Desert Sands Unified School District employees about Management. You look in the rearview mirror, and you see the results of that culture. . Phone Number (760) 777-4200. It is essential for the school board to have experts in the field of education who know how specific actions will properly impact the areas needed. The district is starting to take parents and community members into consideration at the board meetings, but more needs to be done to build the bridges between the parents, community and the Desert Sands Unified School District. Plus what we've uncovered about policies from Palm Springs Unified Desert Sands Unified school districts. Student , Url: https://www.usnews.com/education/k12/elementary-schools/california/desert-sands-unified-school-district-112660 Go Now, Schools Details: WebAccording to reports, two of the largest school districts in the state San Francisco Unified and San Diego Unified are planning to keep indoor school mask mandates in place after, Url: https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/education/2022/03/01/dsusd-lift-school-mask-mandate-board-recall-efforts-continue/6983460001/ Go Now, Mississippi high school football history, Michigan state university school of education, Mechanicsburg exempted village school district, 2020 SchoolsLearning.info. Activities and Societies: Dance Team Captain and choreographer, Jazz Band pianist, Choir lead soprano, Classics Club volunteer/enthusiast. I have worked with our legislative policy committee to improve education for our students. Conversely, principals who stay at their schools each year can apply their leadership skills on guiding their staff towards fulfilling their shared mission (Grissom et al., 2021). 33670586118855. . Having someone like myself, with experience in city planning, city finance and as the vice-chair of the Bermuda Dunes Community Council, ensures competent project management experience. We sat in here for 17 hours a day for about six weeks. Dr. Bailey, how have you built a culture here,and what do you do to reinforce that culture when you interact withyour approximately 2,800 employees and25,000 students? Schools Details: WebNews. May-Vollmar: You will always, always be part of the Desert Sands family. We have a competitive salary and benefit package to offer our employees along with excellent working . it's time we address physical fitness as a way that can enhance a students whole learning experience. I am running to continue representing and advocating for students and schools. Human Resources Menu (Sign into website to see Current Employees) Current Employees; Apply for a Job; Substitutes; Benefits; Professional Pathways; The Premier District of Choice. Blue checkmark. Desert Sands USD is teaching students to be better digital citizens with the use of Gaggle monitoring and safety . I might add that we got through successfully, all things considered. He has 18 years of experience working at various levels of government and holds an MBA in finance from the University of Redlands. not cover retirees lifetime health benefits, Predicted it May-Vollmar: Throughout the pandemic we relied on the student voice to help guide the decisions we made. Desert Sands Unified School District was selected . Trustee Area 2. There are two elections here: one for the short term and one for the full-length term through 2026. We just had this huge list (of tasks), and this office became like a war room. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. We are pleased that you have expressed an interest in employment with our district. Oklahoma City Public Schools adopted Gaggle to ensure student safety not just through brick and mortar locations, but also online. It is imperative that they have everything they need while inside our classrooms so that they and the students can succeed. Desert Area Guidance Association (DAGA) DAGA Contract 2022-2023 - Revised 9-5-22; Sierra Sands Unified School District. To learn more about this indicators importance and how researchers collected this information, please visit the Methodology page [URL link to specific area in Methodology]. strong foundations in 9 Middle Schools. Location: 113 W. Felspar Ave; Ridgecrest, CA 93555; Phone: 760-499-1600; Fax: Login . Michael Duran:One is social emotional learning for staff and students. Reported Weve spent quite a bit of time and efforts in the last couple of years ensuring that weve trained our staff and provided resources of our staff to be able to respond to the social-emotional needs of students, and well continue to do that and to expand that as needed. We pride ourselves on our strong family and community relationships developed with over 50 years of service. 9 KPC Parkway, Corona, CA 92879 (951) 509-5000 (951) 509-6070. Home; A-Z Index; About DSUSD. Its social and emotional safety, as well. I think we can find a place where we can work together to find whats best for our students. strong foundations in It kept us at our true north during a storm. to communicate directly while encouraging discussions of human sexuality, sexual attraction, and sexual fetishes. She has over 35 years of experience in public education, and was a member of the Association of California School Administrators for 26 years. Dr. May-Vollmar, can you talk more about that? Be engaged. There are two elections here: one for the short term and one for the . (760) 777-4200. But, in many ways, the future looks to be a continuation of the district's already-set vision . Research and experience show that an important predictor of future financial uncertainty is prior financial concern (EdSource/School Services of California, 2006). caaspp & elpac resources for parents California's statewide student assessment system for English language arts, mathematics, science, spanish literacy, and English language development. The reports, which are unaudited actuals, include data on school district revenues and expenses, the current expense of education calculation, and more. I want to ensure CTE programs are always supported and funded. Well continue to have the highest focus on security to make sure that we are taking care of all the people that enter our doors everyday. Mathematics Proficiency. More:Desert Sands school board trustee Jacob Alvarez ousted, More:Group begins recall election effort against Desert Sands Unified school board trustees, More:Masks, ethnic studies debated at contentious Desert Sands school board meeting. Teachers with less classroom experience are less likely to have important skills to teach students. Betty Callaway: I'm running not just to stamp another ideology onto education, adding to the current chaos, but rather to lend the parents and the community an ear, include them in the conversation and give them a voice. Maryalice Alberg Owings:The district is doing well in retaining and hiring qualified teachers, administrators and classified staff. In an organization, especially one this big, when you have an environment where people feel free to take a risk or bring ideas forward that might have a districtwide impact to have better outcomes, that pays dividends. All applications must be submitted online at Edjoin for consideration. Editor's Note: This is the first story in a series of Q&A discussions between The Desert Sun and the superintendents of each of the Coachella Valley's K-12 school districts. I am an expert in the field of education. Strong human resources professional with a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) And, I think youll see that reflected in our values. Desert Sands Unified School District. Ridgecrest. But, in many ways, the future looks to be a continuation of the districts already-set vision. How did we determine this? Desert Sands Unified has Reach him at jonathan.horwitz@desertsun.com or @Writes_Jonathan. Serving 28,000 students in La Quinta, California, the team at DSUSD created a quick video to increase . DSUSD Superintendent Scott Bailey to retire at end of school year, Desert Sands Unified School District could hire next superintendent Tuesday, values-based employee recognition program, Riverside County's 2022 Educators of the Year: 3 Coachella Valley school employees honored, Desert Sands school board trustee Jacob Alvarez ousted, Group begins recall election effort against Desert Sands Unified school board trustees, Masks, ethnic studies debated at contentious Desert Sands school board meeting, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Another school board member, Wendy Jonathan, resigned in August. I feel like Im being returned to my family after a lease with a few extra miles on me, but I look forward to giving back to my family because theyve given to me heavily throughout a 32-year career in education. educational outcomes. Human Resources Title II Coordinator (Employees) Chino Valley USD 5130 Riverside . She's been recognized as a trailblazer in education technology, a field in whichmost leaders are males. These obligations often limit the amount of money available for innovative programs that can sustain improvements in educational outcomes. Second, fiscal accountability when public funds are used. Our website, in addition to up-to-date information, includes archived documents that may contain information that is no longer accurate. This Rhode Island district needed a way for students to be able to voice their concerns about bullying, drugs, or unhealthy relationships. Copyright 2002-2023 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved. fewer formal impasses declared involving teachers union, Teacher midpoint salary is greater than or equal to similar districts statewide I also believe we do better when our focus also serves those that may not be college bound, and by increasing access to technical and skilled trade opportunities. Mailing Address. School Address 47-950 Dune Palms Road, La Quinta, CA 92253. Ensuring classrooms are taught by fully-credentialed staff is an important baseline for executing a shared educational program. Districts with Strong Foundations in a domain earned 70% or more of Indicator points possible. I have also been the chairperson for the district advisory committee. About 4% of school districts were missing this information. First, transparency of information, including how and when information is communicated to students, parents, teachers and community stakeholders. Phone Number (760) 777-4200. Staff only resources require Desert Sands account login. I will bring teachers and school staff into the conversation when reviewing and creating policy. It sounds to me like: Although the district is focused on implementing new technologies, at the end of the day its all about the people. I will work to assist teachers in making sure they have all the necessary tools and supplies they want and need so that they can provide the best quality education that they can.