Best Hotels & Resorts in Virginia: 12 Amazing Places to Stay, This Candy Store In Virginia Was Ripped Straight From The Pages Of A Fairytale, Discover A Little-Known Natural Wonder In Virginia On The 1.5-Mile Mountain Lake Trail, Drinks Are Served In The Coolest Setting At Gershwins, A 1920s-Themed Virginia Tavern, Here Are The 11 Best Cities In Virginia To Retire, Most People Dont Know These 12 Super Tiny Towns In Virginia Exist, Here Are 10 Of The Most Beautiful, Charming Small Towns In Virginia, These 25 Towns In Virginia Have The Best Main Streets You Gotta Visit, Scott Harris[CC BY-SA 4.0] / Wikimedia Commons, Berryville, Virginia / Facebook (photo by Shallowbrooke Farms), Berryville, which has one of the most charming Main Streets in the state, City of Buena Vista, Virginia - Government/Facebook, Manassas Park Community Center / Facebook. 11 Assisted Living Facilities Enable Javascript for intra-city navigation Went in for a late lunch on the weekend. Featured Review: Former Resident says Short Pump was a great place to grow up that was family friendly, safe, and had great public schools. It's so much better here than there. Inflation levels in the United States reached a more than 40-year high of 9.1% during the summer of 2022. nearby. Read 17 reviews. I 100% recommend this school. Read 12 reviews. in your listings. Understand what you're getting into before you come here. 20 Best Apartments In Winchester, VA (with pictures)! The Best Neighborhoods in Norfolk, VA by Home Value The map shows where residents in Norfolk and surrounding areas believe are the best places to live. It's also one of the safest places to live in Virginia. Agree 196 Disagree 264. Prices are amazing it's family owned and there all very Nice to you. Winchester, VA; Restaurants near The George Washington, a Wyndham Grand Hotel; Restaurants near Hampton Inn Winchester - University / Mall Area . The staff was very helpful, pleasant, and", "Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville appeared to be a nice, well-run facility. . Impact Christian Center VA Churches & Places of Worship Christian Churches Interdenominational Churches Website 17 YEARS IN BUSINESS (540) 545-8588 134 N Loudoun St Amazon is going bold. Myself Both the food and service were amazing!!! Oh, and it's also located in the heart of, Surrounded by mountains and rolling hills, it doesn't get much more beautiful than, If you're looking for a small city that pretty much has it all, look no further than, Rockbridge County High School, 143 Greenhouse Rd, Lexington, VA 24450, USA, Located just a few miles from Lexington, you'll find Buena Vista. The staff were all involved with the residents and all residents and from what I could t The servers were awesome, super nice and welcoming. The design of its latest building reveal is noticeably different from any other buildings nearby. Holly Hills is a small, exclusive community within the City of Williamsburg. I went to this place years ago shortly after it first opened and walked away very unimpressed but the last three times I've gone there for a great beer Wow this place is a incredible. In addition to being one of Virgina's safest places to live, Buena Vista is also one of the most delightful little towns you'll ever visit. Featured Review: Current Resident says Reston is a wonderful place to live. By using our website, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Discover your neighborhood's best match, anywhere. Romney, WV 26757. This place was an amazing find! (540) 686-7432 Order online Take-Out Delivery Superb 161 Reviews 4.7 Jamaican $ Tropical Island Coffee & Cafe The most walkable communities (based on the Walk Score methodology) tend to be located in Northern Virginia where the population density is highest. The clubs! The community provides memory care and independent and assisted living services through its team of attentive caregivers available day and night. It was Mushy inside but the chicken tenders were perfect. Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or Independent Living? Winchester, VA vs Lenoir, NC Change Cities. Fairfax is a suburb of Washington, D.C. and is one of the best, safest places to live in Virginia. The town of Broadway came in as the #1 in Safest Places in Virginia according to SafeWise. Featured Review: Current Resident says I love living in Brambleton. My husband had the Brisket ones and I had the Chicken ones. Winchester used to be a great little town with perhaps an unhealthy emphasis on its self-perceived historic importance, but it is now being dragged into the 21st century unwillingly and the results are decidedly mixed. Built by COLAB. 20 Best Things to Do in Winchester, Virginia - VacationIdea A Walk Score for a particular address can range from 0 to 100: 90100 Walkers Paradise Daily errands do not require a car, 7089 Very Walkable Most errands can be accomplished on foot, 5069 Somewhat Walkable Some errands can be accomplished on foot, 2549 Car-Dependent Most errands require a car, 024 Car-Dependent Almost all errands require a car. THE 10 BEST Restaurants in Winchester - Tripadvisor Bridgewater is constantly ranked among several big-name "Top 10" best places to live lists, and it's not difficult to see why. Seniors who need financial aide with assisted living can receive an income supplement through the Virginia Department of Social Services called an Auxiliary Grant, specifically availableto those who receive Supplemental Social Income. Came here to try it out their food. Gorgeous. See the differences between multiple units in the same complex and find the best rates. But one of the best features of Virginia is the abundance of small towns and communities throughout the state. The community is super family friendly and great to live in! assisted living facilities (855) 481-6777 Of important note, Winchester is also a city of artists. 17 Niche users give it an average review of 3.6 stars. If you're shopping for assisted living, you'll need to familiarize yourself with the levels of care, as the monthly rate for assisted living will depend on the level of care that the resident requi Caring.com is a leading online destination for caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones. At Spring Arbor of Winchester, residents enjoy a lifestyle focused on wellness and healthy living through on-site therapy, care staff available 24 hours a day seven days a week and a full calendar of activities. Located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, Green Valley Commons senior living community offers retirees resort-like living along with 24/7 personal care from courteous staff. The brewery is right upstairs with so many choices on tap. The My food was very good! Located near top dining, shopping and entertainment areas in the city, seniors in the facility enjoy regular outings to these destinations with fellow residents or with family members. 21 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. Transplant from Seattle. While the latest report from the U.S. Bureau of Read More, According to theJanuary 2023 Virginia Home Sales Report, 5,609 homes were sold across the state in January, more than a 30% decline from January 2022. 111 S Loudoun St, Winchester, VA 22601 Excellent excellent quality and experience. 55+ Homes in the Hartford-New Haven Metro Area | 55Places.com The food has variety but could be made with more fresh veggies than premade ch Regular family meetings help maintain the bond between seniors and their loved ones, and overnight stays are accommodated. - 4/30/2020 I have lived in Winchester for 13 years and I find the locals to be rude, unpleasant and loud. Tasty food. Residents enjoy a rich list of amenities and services, including assistance with daily living activities, housekeeping and medication management. Amazing schools, awesome weather. The food has variety but could be made with more fresh veggies than premade", "We were guests at this community Holiday Celebration on Saturday with a friend and we had such a great time. Stonebrook Farms - Winchester, VA Homes for Sale & Real Estate This is one of those amazing hole. Apartments for Rent in Winchester, VA 180 Rentals Available Virtual Tour The Lofts at Jubal Square 1 Day Ago 1864 Old Jube Sq, Winchester, VA 22601 1 - 3 Beds $1,650 - $1,860 Email Property (540) 502-3453 308 W Boscawen St 1 Wk Ago 308 W Boscawen St, Winchester, VA 22601 3 Beds $1,600 Email Property (540) 546-5246 Blue Ridge Apartments Our children are constantly outside playing with other neighborhood children. Hotels in Winchester, USA - save 15% with the best deals - Booking.com Although its an hour away I was anxious to try this place as many say its real Mexican food! We can take a look at Andrea Goldsteins experience with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to help answer this question. For Retirement. Atmosphere is pretty neat, lot of cool pat he's Food was on point! Also, the price is a little unreasonable. Other at-home workers may be self-employed people who operate small businesses out of their homes. Low rank on Milken Institute list of best places for successful aging. Share Of Homes Bought With Cash Ticks Down From November Peak, US Chamber To Government: Digitize 10,000 Paper Forms, Save 10 Billion Hours, Survey Finds That Service Members, Veterans Are Optimistic About Home Buying In 2023. Oak Stone Craft Pizza and Bar in Winchester, VA. Within the facility, residents have tons of activities and programs to explore, including board games, fitness classes and music sessions, which are designed to boost wellness and healthy living. Top 10 Apartments in Winchester 1608 Laurel Grove Rd 1-2 Beds, $1,550 - 2,000 346 Virginia Ave 3 Beds, $1,850 342 Fairmont Ave, Apt #8 1 Bed, $1,600 342 Fairmont Ave, Apt #8 1 Bed, $1,600 342 Fairmont Ave, Apt 5 1 Bed, $1,550 210 S Cameron St 1-2 Beds, $2,000 - 2,600 125 Peyton St 2 Beds, $1,450 308 W Boscawen St 3 Beds, $1,600 Popular place. The gorgeous white sands at Virginia beach and otter banks are just right there. As such, they can reduce a familys out-of-pocket care costs or reduce the hours they spend providing care themselves. Located in picturesque Prince William County, Dumfries is an absolutely amazing place to call home. Top areas are in purple and green, with less-desired areas in red. Bonnie Blue 631 Bakeries Southern Seafood $$ This is a placeholder "Great food, well priced, HUGE portions. Knowing the value walkability brings to a home, consider including the Walk Score (and what it means!) in Winchester. 23 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. 2022 Best Suburbs to Live in Virginia - Niche Winchester, VA Winchester, VA-WV . Morgantown, WV Real Estate Market Data - NeighborhoodScout _[Inde As you're weighing senior care options for your loved one, cost is likely a top factor. while the nationwide average cost of 4.8 stars of 42 reviews Cheng's Asian Kitchen 161 Gateway Dr Winchester, VA (540) 665-5285 VIEW DETAILS 4.8 stars of 32 reviews Antica Trattoria 25 S Indian Alley Winchester, VA (540) 545-5137 VIEW DETAILS 4.6 stars of 156 reviews Pizzoco 501 N Loudoun St Winchester, VA (540) 323-7517 VIEW DETAILS 4.6 stars of 378 reviews Big L's Bagels With a population of 28,136 people and 15 constituent neighborhoods, Winchester is the 35th largest community in Virginia. This town is so welcoming. $4,422. 257 Niche users give it an average review of 4.5 stars. They have shared double rooms, which is typical. Only criticism is that nightlife is virtually inexistent. Read 3 reviews. Winchester has more artists, designers and people working in media than 90% of the communities in America. 2023 Compare Cities Health: Duluth, MN vs Winchester, VA It is so nice to be so close to such an amazing regional park. It's not necessarily a rough place, but it's not not a Best, nicest people. community. The per capita income in Winchester in 2018 was $31,719, which is middle income relative to Virginia, and upper middle income relative to the rest of the US. Livability - 5 best places to live in Charlottesville Best Neighborhoods Household Income Politics Rent Prices Even though Anna has lived other places, somehow Virginia is where she always seems to land. It'll be interesting to see how the Ashburn, Virginia, area ends up in 3-5 years. Read 21 reviews. The neighborhood has 2 very nice pools (with a great swim team), lots of trails, playgrounds and ponds. Other important languages spoken here include Spanish and Polish. But should you ever need to venture out (why would you? Slow Start to the Year for Virginias Housing Market. Multiple green spaces, walking paths connect neighborhoods across the area. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has launched clinical trials to study the effectiveness of psychedelic drugs including MDMA and psilocybin as a treatment for military veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder, addiction and other serious mental health issues. We were guests at this community Holiday Celebration on Saturday with a friend and we had such a great time. Seniors who live in this area and need help with daily tasks can choose from 17 assisted living facilities in the Winchester area, all of which are strictly regulated and licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services. area, with The Village at Orchard Ridge is located close to numerous shopping, dining, banking, recreational and entertainment areas that make for great outings with family and friends when they visit. feet. In addition, it is important to be familiar with the associated eldercare terminology. To help you plan your visit, here is our guide to the best places and shopping areas in Winchester. In addition to boasting a very low crime rate, Dumfries has a healthy job market, solid schools, affordable housing, great city services, and loads of scenic beauty. Ahead, a handy guide on how to make the most of a safe and relaxing road trip to Charlottesville. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia Winchester, VA Real Estate & Homes for Sale 424 Homes Sort by Relevant Listings Brokered by ERA OAKCREST REALTY, INC. . THE 10 BEST Winchester Shopping Centers & Stores - Tripadvisor Our favorite is the Maki roll for two as this is the best deal. Above all, you want the person to be safe and well. Best 12 Panguitch Atv Rentals in Winchester, VA with Reviews There is a wide range of age groups. 11 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. higher It's so much. Former Resident: Short Pump was a great place to grow up that was family friendly, safe, and had great public schools. If youre thinking of retirement in Winchester, check out our list of the top 10 assisted living facilities in the region to see if any are appropriate for you. Walkable communities have higher levels of arts organizations, creativity, and civic engagement. Best Breakfast Restaurants in Winchester, VA - Tripadvisor The staff has always been pleasant when interacting with guests and residence. Winchester also has a sizeable Hispanic population (people of Hispanic origin can be of any race). assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. We walked in not knowing anything. This is as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community. Winchester, VA 22601 13. Featured Review: Alum says I did not realize how well St. Michael's prepared me for high school until I saw how far ahead I was in comparison to my high school peers. Areas such as Kernstown, VA and Stephenson, VA are also shown. The answer is most certainly Yes. -it was quite quaint and cozy - extremely clean - It is easy to meet people through social media, the swim and tennis club, the parks or just by taking a walk! The drive thru person was so personable and we enjoyed our wait in line while ordering. We enjoyed traditional Buffalo chicken wings (which were very meaty), New England clam chowder and Caesar salad with croutons. The teachers give high quality, engaging lessons. The citizens of Winchester are very well educated compared to the average community in the nation: 34.31% of adults in Winchester have a bachelor's degree or even advanced degree. Toll Free (877) 871-1326. visitwinchesterva.com Seniors moving to this vibrant city enjoy rich cultural history and a thrivingarts and culture scene. Featured Review: Current Resident says I've called Vienna my home my entire life, and I am proud to do so. Residents of walkable neighborhoods tend to be healthier, and the benefits can be both physical and mental. Excellent pediatrician, close by to two hospitals and many other medical centers, great playgrounds scattered around, half of the properties on lining the South Riding golf course, two excellent daycares (Goddard and Primrose), Food Lion, Harris Teeter, and Giant to grocery shop at, excellent library close by in Stone Ridge, and good HOA. Best Places to Live in Winchester Metro Area, Virginia Select A Profile. Best Places to Live | Compare cost of living, crime, cities, schools and more. Neighborhoods in Williamsburg VA - WilliamsburgsRealEstate.com Husband is still raving about the oysters! and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or Chatham. $4,517 We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Crime : Winchester, VA: Lenoir, NC: United States . Best Restaurants in Winchester, VA | WincFood.com The schools were all walkable from most of the neighborhoods and there were grocery stores and. Alum: I was at Ideaventions from 7th grade through 12th grade, and it was a phenomenal experience. page for more information about these laws. Seriously -- if you're into hiking and outdoor recreation, you will be in heaven in, Parkriver Drive, Parkriver Dr, Virginia 20112, USA. Never would I recommend another place the love they gave my parent was unconditional the staff was great. Areas such as Roseburg North, OR and Roseburg, OR are also shown. However, Winchester contains both very wealthy and poor people as well. 22 Niche users give it an average review of 4.3 stars. $1,600. Best Breakfast & Brunch in Winchester, VA 22601 - Big L's Bagels, Granny's, Virginia's Restaurant, La Tembulea - Latin Grill, George's Food & Spirits, High Point Restaurant, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Sexi-Mexi Burrito Bar, Waffle House, Jordan Springs Market BBQ To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Featured Review: Former Resident says We lived in South Riding for a time and if we ever moved back to the metro DC area we would choose South Riding again. There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Winchester area, with 6 in Winchester and 5 nearby. Amazing food! Winchester and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies In the night I went with my family, it was very crowded. 49 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. 2658 Limestone Court, Winchester, VA 22601. Former Resident: We lived in South Riding for a time and if we ever moved back to the metro DC area we would choose South Riding again. 129 Niche users give it an average review of 4.4 stars. Winchester, VA Homes for Sale | Winchester Real Estate Kernstown neighborhood in Winchester statistics: ( Find on map) Area: 1.767 square miles Population: 3,244 Population density: Median household income in 2016: Median rent in in 2016: Male vs Females Median age Housing prices: Average estimated value of detached houses in 2016 (54.3% of all units): Very nice place to live. The average cost of assisted living in Winchester-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive Brings out a whole new flavor profile. Job 38 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. Enter on the main level with living, dining, kitchen and half bath. Place was empty. These were the best part of the school, and there are all kinds of fun clubs. Also serving communities of Stephens City. A few of my favorites were the Naturalist club, Inventor's club, Math Honors Society, Dungeons and Dragons club, and the Sysadmin club. By using our website, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Situated 30 minutes away from the Nation's capitol, there are seemingly endless opportunities, both in town, and just a car ride. Niche User: Ever since I moved here, I have stopped worrying about dangerous activities ensuing in the environment. There are so many places to have fun, as well. Manhattan, with a Walk Score of 89.) It", 2093 Northwestern Pike, Winchester, VA 22603, "We are leaning toward Spring Arbor for my mom. Sources: Moody's Analytics; Sperling's BestPlaces; U.S. Census. 363 Sunrise Boulevard. The shopping plaza has a grocery store, a few restaurants and other fun stops for kids (game store, ice cream shop) within walking distance. - Registered voters in Duluth, are 6.5% more likely to be registered as Democrats, than in the . American Civil War era. Amazing schools, awesome weather. Copyright 2023. 329: 832: 210: Health Cost: 82: 108: 100 (100 = best) View More Data > Reviews for Duluth . A convenience store, hair salon and barbershop and a community dining hall are also part of the communitys offerings. View floor plans, amenities and photos to find the best senior living option for you! Finally, you can set your home/rent budget based on what you're comfortable spending on housing or rent. Gluten free options (safe for celiacs! 8,376,755. 21 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. Greenbrier surrounds its own elementary school and stretches to Charlottesville High School . From the food to the service it was all amazing. Hojee barato, las mascotas bienvenidas, y los Casas incluidos para uso general The search engine finds the neighborhoods that are the optimum fit to the set of criteria you choose. The Piccadilly Grill serves the best breakfast west of the Blueridge Mountains! MN vs Winchester, VA Change Cities. Tucked in at the end of Limestone Court this lovely three-level townhome offers privacy in a convenient location with a large deck and gated rear yard that backs to trees. I highly recommend the Quesadillas. Sadly, there is no edit button for posts. Delicious! Virginia REALTORS can look up the Walk Score (and Transit Score and Bike Score) of any address in the Commonwealth at https://www.walkscore.com/VA. ), kid friendly and family-owned and ran. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Winchester is located in the northern Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. One of our very favorite places in the state isSmithfield; it wasnamed one of Americas Happiest Seaside Towns" by Coastal Living and really lives up to the honor. The most common language spoken in Winchester is English. Full of flavor. Nearby religious centers include Mountain View Church-Brethren, First Baptist Church, Bunker Hill Methodist and St. Leo Roman Catholic. Its important to note that assisted living rates in Winchester and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Their dining area out front was A fantastic culinary experience. Winchester, VA vs Lenoir, NC Change Cities. Don't risk it all by trusting stereotypes, hunches, or unvalidated hearsay. The trip to DC is not too bad as you have the Dulles toll road, routes 50 and 66. Serving the Winchester, VA Area 5 The community is super family friendly and great to live in! | Telecommuters are a relatively large percentage of the workforce: 10.29% of people work from home. Know the Neighborhood. Depend on the best. I moved from West Virginia, where drug activities. Niche User: There are many stores and restaurants, even a movie theater, within walking distance. Winchester is We ate what we could and took home the rest. Very nice place to live. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Privacy Policy REALTORS can also get involved in their communities to improve walkability and quality of life for both current and new residents. Apartments for Rent in Winchester, VA - 180 Rentals | ForRent.com 4.5 Winchester, Virginia, is a city located in the beautifulShenandoah Valley, between theBlue Ridge Mountainsand theAllegheny Mountains. Id go back. Residents have a choice of studio, suite, deluxe studio and one-bedroom apartments, featuring 24-hour emergency call systems and cable and telephone services. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about It has nice", 549 Valley Mill Road, Winchester, VA 22602, "Green Valley Commons was awful and very depressing. I got a great education from the Fairfax county public Schools. Women worse than men. The houses range in vast building styles. Excellent excellent quality and experience. We are close to 66 and 495 and there are two Metro stations within 3 miles. With a population of 29,219 people and 24 constituent neighborhoods, Morgantown is the third largest community in West Virginia. 2023 Forbes Media LLC. Diverse, more of a richer area. Smiles Of Virginia Family Dental Center Winchester, VA Must be reliable, have a Positive attitude and professional presence. that's not to say all is bad, the city has some. Tourism Office 1400 South Pleasant Valley Road Winchester, VA 22601. So many beautiful homes! Discover Trulia Neighborhoods With it's desirable location, just 1.5 miles from the historic area of Colonial Williamsburg and the campus of William and Mary College, it attracts those looking for the best neighborhood within the city. Other. fed us for 2 meals. Based on location, amenities and senior-friendly services, the city is one of the best places to retire according toseveral national publications, including MarketWatch.com, Where to Retire Magazine, Forbes magazine and Fidelity.com. The setup for the rooms was not what we would have wanted for our mom. To help you with your search, browse the You can then set the importance of each category based on what's most important to you. This small city near Prince William County might be growing quickly, but it has kept safety a top priority. Theareas climateis characterized by hot, humid summers and typically mild to cool winters. Server was nice and efficient! The town itself started to become very developed in the year 2016, and there were more facilities and housing subdivisions added in making it a very crowded place to live. 2023 Compare Cities Job Market: Winchester, VA vs Lenoir, NC Downtown Austin Resident This neighborhood has a huge amount of vintage stores Explore 67 neighborhoods in Austin, TX View City Washington, D.C. Columbia Heights View Neighborhood Melrose, MA East Side View Neighborhood Rose B. Numerous walking paths that wind around a Nature Preserve provide ample opportunities for seniors to walk in the warmth of the sunshine while enjoying the fresh air and taking in the scenery. Hampshire Memorial Hospital. Best Neighborhoods Household Income Politics Rent Prices This concentration of artists helps shape Winchesters character. The community is so kind and giving all houses and shopping centers are up to date and modern. Areas such as Virginia Beach, VA and Portsmouth, VA are also shown. The food was incredible, our guest are still talking about it. Check out our location and hours, and latest menu with photos and reviews. There are lots of community events include ice cream socials, an. Current Resident: Right outside of Richmond, incredible public school system as well as multiple private school options, very safe, good place to raise a family, more expensive housing options, mostly Caucasian, about 20 minutes from downtown Richmond and 5-7 minutes from Innsbrook. Read 38 reviews. 4.3 The 15 Safest And Most Peaceful Places To Live In Virginia - 4/30/2020 I have lived in Winchester for 13 years and I find the locals to be rude, unpleasant and loud. Featured Review: Current Resident says I Have lived in Stone Ridge for the past 3 years and it's a great place to raise a family and live without worry. Residents have plenty of time on their hands to make new friends, go on new adventures, engage in the facilitys rich list of life enrichment programs and explore their interests to the fullest. Friendly service. Purcellville offers a nearly perfect blend of old Victorian neighborhoods and new suburban communities with safe streets and amazing attractions. While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for