| Reply, Comment by Evelyn Yvonne Theriault | Gagnon = Gonyeau Sans Laurent = St. Laurent Trombley = Tremblay Acadian and Quebec Metis By Susan Stevens February 06, 2000 at 11:08:56. Sanderson | Metis, Chippewa, Cree, Scot. Fields = Deschamps The Acadian Mtis. | Reply. People of Mi'kmaq descent (or any known or unknown tribe) may be known as First Peoples no matter how thin the blood goes down through descendants. The Acadia project has claimed Unknown Mi'kmaq as one of its own. If your Bertrand line traces back to Canada chances are your Bertrands will have Metis, but dont take me by my word alone check everything out real good. Duchanno = Duchesneau Proulx = Prue [http://www.acadian-home.org/Founding-Mothers-of-Acadia.html Founding Mothers of Acadia]. Of course most Acadian families are of French origin. Fournier = Fuller Two Mtis organizations exist within the Southwest Nova Biosphere Reserve, The Association des Acadiens-Metis Souriquois and the Eastern Woodland Mtis Nation. (We keep families "together" for project view purposes.). Clment Drolet Obviously, we include french people who were born in Acadie and on the later end, people who were born to parents who were married in Acadie. February 13, 2022 Perro = Perr(e)ault Dion(ne)=Young These are all the families known to us who were (or, who might have been) among the approximately 13,000 Acadians involved in the Dispersion, whether deported or displaced in that tragic occurrence. Lambert | Metis, Cree, Chippewa, Cree,Mikmaq, Landry | Metis, BC First Nations, Cree, Slavi / Esclave, Langevin | Metis, Algonquin, Cree, French, Lapierre | Metis, Cree, Mixed-heritage: French, Laplante | Metis, Mixed-heritage: Cree, French, Laporte | Abenaki, Cree, Malecite, Mixed heritage, Latour | Algonquin, Iroquois, Mixed heritage, Laurent | Abenaki, Iroquois, Mikmaq, Montagnais. This mtis is not the same as Metis Nation, which is defined differently and is much more recent. Be aware that many user generated trees have made up names that will not be used on WikiTree. Murray, I am unfamiliar with the Quebec DNA projects. This was the first (1991) Acadian-Cajun resource site on the internet. Pariseau = Parizo General History Larivire = Rivers For genealogical purposes the absence for the early period of the records of marriages, or marriage contracts which normally form the most reliable sources of such information, is the chief difficulty one encounters. The list is limited to French colonies in North America and to couples created before 1800. There are also several Irish families (Caissy/Casey, Gunard/Gainer, Long, Onel/ONeale), three English (Druce, Granger, Hensaule/Henshaw), one Scottish (Jeanson/Johnson), one Flemish (Pitre), one from the Channel Islands (Semer), and even one from Croatia (Mathieu). The list is not comprehensive. Thibeau = Teboh There also appear on the list, the names of a number of families whose members played extraordinary roles in Acadian history. Rondo = Rondeau Would you please send me links and information about them so we could develop citations. French-Canadian, Acadian, Cajun & metis surnames sites & bibliography Poirier = Patry, Peartree, Purrier, Puariea, Peiria The Quebec mtDNA project: Maison = Mas(s)on m2. An exception to this would be if the person ever was referred to as Metis (the Metis Nation) in records even if their originated tribe was known. | Reply, Hello Evelyn, Thank you for your research!! Wherever possible, I've posted census links to the individual surnames - but either way there is always a link . Be sure to use names from documents and add the sources. Chicoine = Shequin Terrien = Therrien acadian metis surnames 684 members Join group About this group A group for Acadian Mtis, that is anyone descended from both Acadians and Amerindians. Barrette=Borett Johnston / Johnstone Metis, BC First Nations,Blackfoot, Mixed: Ojib., Eng., Fr., Scot. Veron=Verron, Varon, Biron [http://www.acadian-home.org/origins-mtdna.html mtDNA Proven Origins]. Morris = Maurice, Obin = Aubin "The Quebec yDNA Project studies the ancestral signatures typical of the pioneers that originally settled the St. Lawrence Valley. ), Ojibway, Jackson | Metis, BC, Chippewa, Cree, Iroquois. Unknown is better than a made-up name. (LogOut/ Pierre GENDREAU HTU Charron = Sharron Lunderville = Landreville Beaudoin = Boardwine 470 pages, including bibliography and annexes. Dominic Gagnon = Grandchamp(s) = Grashaw MARIE married Nicolas (Fronsac) DENYS Abt 1701. Robitaille = Rabtoy/Robtoy Not everyone who tests in one of these groups also tests in the others. Which surnames it is based on? Loyer | Metis, Ojibwa, Mixed : Chippewa, Cree,Fr. Categories: Acadians Project Free Space Pages | Acadians Project | Acadians, WIKITREE HOME | ABOUT | G2G FORUM | HELP | SEARCH. Sear(s) = Cyr Identification on WikiTree | Reply, Hello Mark, Cecile (Bertrand)BERTEAU married Jean DENIS Abt. It contains surnames from my family trees and other family trees Ive worked on as well as surnames that appear in my First Nations, Metis and Mixed-heritage projects. Contact the Profile Managers privately: Public Comments: Out of Town Businesses: Call 909.850.4362 to apply. See this map for the Mi'kmaq names of places in Nova Scotia. Home Genealogy Families Acadian Family Names 1700 to 1755 and Variations. Names Guindon=Yandow St. Mars = Cinq-Mars LaRoque's census in 1752 indicates quite precisely when each of the families arrived. On the early end, we include spouses of Acadians even if they were Amerindienne or metis. Gingras = Jangraw, Shangraw, For the entire period for which Acadia was colonized, only two passenger lists dating from 1636 and 1641, and one church register covering the years 1679 to 1686, are available to us. Metis - FrancoGene Cota = Ct Favreau = Favero Bernard | Metis, Algon., Chippewa, Maliseet, Micmac, Abenaki, Cree, Iroq., Fr. Laliberte | Metis, Chippeway, Mixed Cree, Fr. Native women did not use the title "Princess"[1]. Brooks = Rousseau Tro(t)tier=Trotchie, Trutchie, Trouchia Purrier = Poirier, Qumeneur=Kemener, Kimeneur, Timeneur, Kemneur, Kemener, Kimenir, Temenaire, Timenaire Co-Administrators Iroquois Mixed. If this is the case for living or deceased people then use just that tag and keep the other prior generations as the known tribe. French edition. Mikmaq, Mohawk, Mont., Muncey, Ojib. Maliseet & Micmac Acadian-Indian Vital Statistics from New Brunswick Church Records Agamabiche, Jean Baptiste Baptized: 1807.1.25 Age/Birthdate: 1806.12 Parents: Laurent Agamabiche and Marie Genevieve Godin Priest: MA Amiot Register: St. Basile, Madawaska Witnesses: Nicolas Godin and Marie Michel Notes: 'sauvages' Source: 190, , F1730 Laviolette = Lovelette Welcome to San Dimas, CA Demers=Dumas Dominic Gagnon Penobscots and Abekani were found in the early settlements of Acadie, in southern New Brunswick and what is now Maine. Asselin = Ashla, Aslaw, Ashlaw, Aslin, Ashlin, Ashlow Corbeau = Corbo Establishing an ancestral signature actually requires a minimum of two relevant participants. Lineages whose past is connected to the mainly French-speaking St. Lawrence Valley, herein referred to as Quebec for purpose of simplicity, are all welcome to this Project, be they Native, British, Irish, German, Swiss, etc. Additionally, there are two other Maloney yDNA testers whose kits are on FTDNA, but have not (yet) joined the Quebec ADNy project. Comment by Sheryl Ann Wilson | I just kept digging and finally the dots started to connect, and these names became part of my familly.. OGR includes information about Guillaume Capelan m. Unknown Mi'kmaq and their descendants, including Johannes Becker m. Marie David Roy = King Bernier | Metis, Mixed-heritage: Montagnais, Bisson, Besson | Metis, Cree Mixed-heritage, Blandion (Dion, Dionne) | Metis, Cree, Iroquois. Acadian Surnames - l'Acadie Historic Heritage of Louisiana Quenneville=Kenville Gebo = Gibeau(lt) Langevin = Longway A couple can be married persons or persons having a child. Sylvestre | Metis,Iroquois, Mixed-heritage: Cree,French, Taylor | Metis, Chip., Cree, Dakota, Iroquois, Mikmaq, Missi, Thibault | Metis, Iroquois, Ojibway, Chippewa, French. Theriault = Tereo Tatro = Ttreault Prue = Proulx Acadia-Mtis Mothers - Surnames | FamilyTreeDNA Legault=Leguolt, Legoat Yando = Riendeau The center column (second column) contains spelling variations of the name in the first column, and only of that name. The Acadian Mtis - Southwest Nova Biosphere Courtemanche = Shortsleeves Garrow = Gareau Sarault = Serreault, Sarrault, Serault, Sarau, Sereau Tyo = Taillon, Vanslatte = Vincelette Acadia-Mtis Mothers. Some of these may have come from France, also as I said Acaidian, through New Foundland to La. Even in the case of those for no precise origin is known, proof of this is given in many instances, by the Dclarations of the Acadians settled on Belle-Ile-en-Mer, wherein a substantial number of the first ancestors to live in Acadia, are uniformly described as having come from France (for example, Babin, Blanchard, Daigre, Dupuis, Terriot). Laflour = Lafleur Rundquist, 2012. I have tried to translate it, and what I have been able to decipher is that she was marked as illegitimate by the priest. Buckwheat = Sarrazin The provider is registered as an organization entity type. Deaette = Deyette Mexican California | Early California History: An Overview | Articles The Association des Acadiens-Mtis Souriquois (AAMS) of Nova Scotia, Canada, is an Acadiens-Mtis organization; therefore, proof of Acadien and Aboriginal ancestry is required of its members. Racine = Root Their immediate descendants were born in/around Barachois, Gaspe. All relevant lineages are welcome to this project. Shonyo = Chagnon You might want to leave another comment under that post so the right people see your comment. Peartree = Patry = Poirier Use shippingfriend to save 15% on two or more CD purchases. Quebec ADNy matches with IN41520 (a descendant of William Moloney) include one other descendant of Wm Moloney. I saved the document in the hopes that I could find someone to translate it. Greenwood = Boisvert Comment by schreiber, ontario | Rousseau = Brooks [[Category:Mi'kmaq]] ADDRESS TO MAIL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS: 909.850.4362. Fuller = Fournier, Gaboury=Gabourie, Gabori, Gadourie As major contributors to the Canadian colonial project, these explorers helped Canada open up lands that were unknown, undiscovered and open to appropriation by Acadian "Mtis" voyageurs. Generally, genealogical research consists of digging through old civic or religious records, working backwards from yourself to your ancestors. [http://www.acadian-home.org/Mikmaq.html Marriage List]. The marriages recorded at Port-Royal from 1702, at Grand-Pr from 1707, and Beaubassin from 1712, provide us with some samples of what we would find if all the registers had survived. QC | St. Regis | Iroquois, Mohawk (1901) A Canadian Family Dismiss. Bourbeau = Bobo mtDNA Proven Origins - Acadian Ancestral Home by Lucie Consentino. Branconnier = Brockney Lovelette = Laviolette Dpartement d'histoire-gographie, facult des arts et des sciences sociales, Universit de Moncton. Good luck to everyone in your search for your ancestors of whatever heritage. Includes annexes. Laundry = Landry Buskey = Bousquet Aubin = Obin A Closer Look at Some Records by Stephen A. White; Acadian Ancestral Home Boivin = Drinkwine My family name is Annett from Gaspe Quebec.My grandmother on dads side was a Johnson.Her mom was an OConnor.Mom side was Girard and Vardon.My siblings have a Metis card.Would like to know more about my ancestors.where Metis is from and and other tribes associated with my family and how. Book; paperback. I have Joseph J, 11, Leondre J, J. Bertrand, Joseph F., Amable Bertrand, G. Bertrand Beaulieu, Giles 1,Jan, de G.S. [[Category: Abenaki]] this includes Penobscot, Finding Other profiles on WikiTree Cir = Cyr Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/metis-identity-history-rights-explainer-1.5098585. What about her children? Tremblay | Metis, Cree, Iroquois, Malecite, Montagnais,Fr. Renaud/Renault = Reno 470pp. The Mikmaqs originally covered Prince Edward Island (le Saint-Jean), most of Nova Scotia, and some of the New Brunswick Acadie area. Denis Beauregard A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Revisiting Anne Marie: How an Amerindian Woman of Seventeenth-Century Nova Scotia and a Dna Match Redefine American Heritage. Private Messages: Besides the families of the hereditary nobility, or the seigneurial class (dAbbadie de Saint-Castin, DAmours, Denys, Le Borgne de Blisle, LeNeuf de La Vallire, Mius dEntremont and Turgis de Saint-tienne de la Tour), who bring a certain amount of blue, even royal blood into the veins of some Acadians, there are families of the corsairs (Guyon, Maisonnat, Morpain), those of the heroes of the resistance against the British (Broussard, Maillet), as well as those of several victims of the French Revolution (Granger, Le Prince). It must be noted that this list (found in the section Those Who Disappeared below), includes the names of only those families who were part of the civilian population of Acadia, those of the families of the military who left long before the Depression in 1710 having been intentionally. She was married to Francois Pilon; I believe his middle name was Xavier. Phone: (510) 832-0311. It seems to be self-published. The sticker can be added to all descendants no matter how far down. Brow = Brault Turner = Letourneau Root = Racine This is on my fathers mothers side, I am tracing my fathers paternal side and found out that I have in the Robin side Metis going back to Kaskaskia Il. Chauvin = Shover Steve Gilbert (Z367 subclades) Maurice Germain. Lonto = Lanct Brown | Metis, BC, Chip, Cree, Mississ. P.S. Now Through Feb 14th. Mercier=Marsha Dry=DeRye, DHery, Jourdain | Metis, Montagnais, Mixed-heritage: Fr., Montagnais, Ojib. Lavallee | Metis, Saulteaux, Chippewa, Cree, Fr. The Quebec Project ADNmt also forges relationships with the general public, as evidenced by its public appearances (eg the Salon de la FADOQ in Quebec). McGregor | Algon., Chip., Iroquois, Mikmaq, Ojibway, McIvor, McIver | Metis, Cree, Ojibway, Kwakiutl, Thompson, McKay, MacKay, McCay, McCoy | BC First Nations, Chipeweyan, Cree, Metis, Micmac, Ojibway, Saulteaux, Slavi, McKenzie | Metis, Cree, Mikmaq, Montagnais, French, McLean, Maclean, McLane | Algon.,Chippewa, Cree, Mikmaq, Mixed, Ojibway, Sault., Seneca, Shushwap, Stoney, McLeod | Metis, BC, Chippewa, Ojibway, Saulteaux Mixed-heritage: Chippewa, Cree, McPherson, Macpherson | Metis, Cree, Ojibway, Michel | Algonquin, BC First Nations, Chippewyan, Cree, Mikmaq, Saulteaux, Stony, Miller | Metis, BC, Chip., Cree, Malecite, Mikmaq, Iro., Mohawk, Six Nations, Tete de Boule (Atikamekw). ARCADIAN HEALTH PLAN INC. NPI 1598910549 - Health Providers Data Acadians | DNAeXplained - Genetic Genealogy Citation: White, S. A. This index is a list of links to information about Metis surnames that are present in Ontario and which originated primarily with the Metis of western and central Canada. When their Last Name at Birth is Unknown or not documented, they should be given the name of their tribal affiliation, in many cases that would be Mi'kmaq. Change). Your email address will not be published. Isbister | Metis, Cree, Ojibway, Chippewa, Scot., Eng. Posted by James P. LaLone on December 16, 2010 at 9:47pm in French-Canadian Descendants. Boucher = Bushey The column on the left (first column) contains an alphabetical list of Quebec surnames (family names), as found in sources such as baptismal and marriage registers and in repertories such as Jette, PRDH and Laforest. Jones | Metis, BC, Chip., Cree, Mikmaq, Mohawk, Ojibwa, Oneida, Sault., Shaw., Six Nations. So, it seems that there is some overlap between Acadia and Quebec. Lefave = Bean, Lafave Accessed DATE.
put verbiage from individuals entry here
, Citation: Jean, Denis. The Surname Anchor Posts collect indigenous and Metis-related links. Rasco(e) = Racicot Louis Couc-Montour, (Fur Trader) m. Madeleine Sacokie (Indian) Jean Fafard-Macouce (Fur Trader) & Marguerite Josette Couc-Lafleur, (Mtis) Champlain, Qc. Foizie = Foisy Even before this spirit spread to Mexico, California felt the effects of the rebellions, for Spain's hard-pressed navy could not spare ships to bring supplies to the missions, presidios, and pueblos north of San Diego. The origin of our Acadian families, especially the oldest and largest among them, are but little known. Discover your DNA story and unlock the secrets of your ancestry and genealogy with our DNA kits for ancestry and the world's most comprehensive DNA database. | Reply. Fontaine = Fountain/Spring My relative Sophie Lavigne+dit-Tessier married George Dean. Girouard = Girard/Gerard Prince Edward Island Cultural Groups FamilySearch ARCADIAN HEALTH PLAN, INC. NPI is 1598910549. Ttreault = Tatro Goosie = Gousy . Desautels = Dezotelle Denno = Denault Each post below serves to organize the information that is currently scattered about the site. I'm just trying to understand where we draw the line, because I rely on two sites: Our Gaspe Roots, run by Aldo Brochet and Lani Baker. City of San Dimas Business Support Center. Clokey/Clouckie = Cloutier I compiled the following list of Acadian surnames along with dit names (surname nicknames) from the following Acadian website where you can view which ancestral families were recorded in various census documents including 1671, 1686, 1714 and a deportation list from 1755. Sebastien | Abenaki, Algonquin, Blackfoot, Innu Montagnais, Mixed-heritage: Algonquin Fr. August 21, 2020 Bolack = Beaulac Gerard = Girard/Girouard A number of names on the list would be immediately recognized as Acadian names everywhere Acadians have settled. Ouellette = Willet(te), Wellet(te), Paradee = Paradis Could I somehow send you details? LEm(e)lin = Lemelin I believe the date of the baptism is on May 24, 1779. (LogOut/ Couteau | Indigenous, Metis, French, Cree,Iro. There is also a name beside hers that I am assuming that it is her last name. Trudeau | Metis, Ojibway, Ottawa, First Nations, Villebrun | Metis, Ojibway, Cree, French, Villeneuve | Metis, Montagnais, Slavi, Mixed Cree, Vincent | Metis, Abenaki, Algonquin, Cree, Huron, Iroquois, Ojibway, Otchipas, Saulteaux, Walker | Metis, BC First Nations, Chip., Cree, Iro., Mikmaq, Six Nations, White | Metis, Assiniboine, BC First Nations, Cree, Delaware, Iroquois, Powawatomi, Saulteaux, Six Nations, Whitford | Metis, Beaver, Cree, English, William, Williams | BC First Nations, Chip., Cree, Inuit (Esquimaux), Iroquois, Mikmaq, Young | Metis, Assin., Chippewa, Cree, Mikmaq, Ojibway, Sioux, Six Nations, Your email address will not be published. (Shediac Cape N.-B., Victorin N. Mallet, 2016) p. XX, Citation: Gendreau-Htu, Pierre "La Dportation des Acadiens claire par lADN amrindien". Marielle Ct Gendreau [https://www.familytreedna.com/public/AcadianAmerIndian?iframe=yresults Y-DNA Results], Accessed DATE., Citation:Estes, Roberta and Marie Rundquist. Cindy Borque sent me the following, which I think should be incorporated here: Thank you, Murray, I added the two we didn't have. Goodchild = Bonenfant Grashaw = Grandchamps | Reply, my mother was pierrette paquet and father rejean turgeon would i be considered metis, Comment by jennifer delguidice | Duchene = Duchesne Rushlow = Rocheleau, Sampierre = St. Pierre I hope someone will be able to help you with your query. In French, mtis is the adjective's form while Mtis is the name's form. In Canada, native races (Aboriginal peoples) include: First Nations - the indigenous peoples of Canada, sometimes called North American Indians. The column on the right (third column) contains dit names for the name on the left, and only for that name. Attached here is an updated listing of surname sites. Cloutier = Clokey/Clouckey Taylor = Tailleur Dominic | BC First Nations,Mikmaq, Innu Mont. Como = Comeau Riendeau = Yando Mtis Ancestors | Metis Nation Of Canada Boncoeur = Bunker, Goodheart | Reply, Has anyone found Metis ties in the Meloche and Reaume families in Windsor Essex county Ontario, Comment by mark | Sometimes their actual surname is known, occasionally they were given a name, and even more often their surname is Unknown. Derouin = Drouin Couture, Lacouture | Metis, Mixed: Montagnais, Craddock | Metis, Mixed-heritage: Chippewa, Crow + | Metis, BC, Black., Blood, Cayuga, Chip., Cree, Dakota, Ojibway, Sarcee, Saul., Six Nations, Cunningham | Chippewa, Cree, Metis Feb 2023, Daniel, Daniels | BC First Nations, Chipewyan, Chippewa, Cree, Metis, Ojibway, Salish, Saulteaux, Sioux, Atikamekw / Tete de Boule FEB 2023. Tourangeau | Cree, Salteaux, Chippewyan,Metis. Chainey = Sheni Derry, Deary In the meantime, in case you missed it theres this post Lemoine = Luman Eventually the name became Acadia. Such a list cannot but be incomplete, due to the loss during Dispersion or subsequently of a substantial number of the documentary sources that would normally identify the individuals who made up the Acadian population throughout the half century. Hello,friends. di Bertrand,Gillette, Jan, and Pierre Bertrand. The list is presented in three parallel columns. October 23, 2022 Please add "Mallet, Victorin M., Ph.D., "Evidences decommunauts mtisses autour de la baie des Chaluers. Cyndi's List - Acadian, Cajun & Creole - General Resources I expect to be using mostly mtDNA Confirmations from Mothers of Acadia and from Quebec mtDNA. Good luck with you search, Maurice Germain, "Genetic genealogy offers new avenues for the history of populations through the sustained development of powerful scientific tools. Lecuyer=LeQuea The Mothers of Acadia Maternal DNA project conducts ongoing research to verify their origins. News and Reflections: "La Vieille Maison Wins $10,000 In Contest: A home dating back to Acadian re-settlement in Clare has won $10,000 in a national contest." Lavoie = Levoy I suggest we take the Acadians project off his wife and use it on the daughters when appropriate. . Comment by Marshal Robin | Bunker = Boncoeur, Goodheart Laviolette | Metis, Chipewyan, Slavi, Mixed, Leclair, Leclerc | Metis, Algon., Amer. Giroux = Gero Spelling variations and dit names for the names on the right will be found where each of these names appears in the column on the left (first column). Gaspesie, Ristigouche, Bay of Chaleurs were areas where many Acadians settled when they escaped British control of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. List of Metis Surnames of Ontario A Canadian Family I have slowly been putting together a tree and disconnected branches thereof of Acadian and Canadian metis, using various sources, an Acadian CD, and my knowledge of names currently in the Maine tribes. Mi'kmaq Genealogy: Mtis:Acadian Ancestral Home. MTIS GENEALOGY RESEARCH. 8839 N. Cedar Ave. #212, Fresno, CA, 93720. Picard = Pecor Larrow = Lareau/Laroe They all came from the British-held region of Acadia between 1749 and 1751. Acadian Indigenous and mtis people - wikitree.com Desparts = Desport This group is for sharing genealogy, family stories, ph See more Private Only members can see who's in the group and what they post. There are frequent updates. Gero = Giroux Butler = Bouthillier Given the distinct historical, demographic and linguistic features characterizing Quebec, the Project's main focus is on pioneers whose roots date back to New France. Lafleur = Lafloor, Laflour, Laf(f)ler, Lef(f)ler, Lof(f)ler, Laflin Mas(s)on = Maison That means some people born outside Acadie will still be included in the Acadian project. Goodheart = Bunker, Boncoeur "The Project is not limited to roots from France, though. Moreau = Mor(r)o(w) If a particular family name does not have any spelling variations nor any dit names, that will be noted in the respective columns. Shangraw = Gingras Dumas=Demers, Demars Jaquin=Jaqueen, Jackins, Jakins Jangraw = Gingras Claude Crgheur I also rely upon Mothers of Acadia and the Quebec yDNA and mtDNA projects. Savard | Metis, Cree, Mixed heritage: Montagnais. Quesse=Caisse, Rabtoy/Robtoy = Robitaille I am going through Tanguay's listing of "dit" names & spelling variations he has . The goal of these posts is to gather all the links to information about one surname on one post so that it is easier to find. St. Laurent = Sans Laurent Page x of 234 pages. Sheni = Chainey Courchesne = Cushion We aren't trying to document all Gaspesians, New Brunswick or metis people. The following list was drawn-up for the Grand Pr National Historic Site by historian Brenda Dunn of Canadian Parks Service: To purchase the CD-ROM or Digital Download of your Family Tree Genealogy database, click here, To purchase your Family Tree Genealogy database, click here, More Variations/Derivatives of French surnames, Aba(i)r(e) = Hbert Dezotelle = Desautels Brault = Brow Dont use the Metis Maritime or US coastal tags with these as these are only for the Metis Nation confirmed people. The following list consists of the names of all families, including those of couples who left no surviving descendants, who resided in continental Acadia between 1700 and 1755. Ind. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. In this database, Metis or Mtis means any person having both Native (or aboriginal) and European blood. Tammy, These names I kept seeing every once in a while during my searching other lines taking me back to Canada. The provider's business location address is: 500 12TH ST STE 300. G. A database of more than two million names, many of which are Acadian. | Metis, Blackfoot, Cree, Iroq., Montag.. McDougall | Algonquin, BC First Nations, Chippewa, Cree, Ojibway, Mixed: Fr, Scot. No offence was intended! Claude Crgheur Beaulac = Bolack Jacques | Abenaki, Amalecite, Iroquois, Mikmaq, Ojibwa, Janvier | Metis, Chipewyan, Dene FEB 2023, Jean, John, Johnny | BC First Nations, Chippewa, Cree, Delaware, Salish, Shushwap, Slavey, Johnson | Metis, Cayuga, Chip., Mikmaq,Mohawk, Six Nations, Tusc. One major goal of this Quebec yDNA Project is the uncovering of the ancestral yDNA signatures typical of lineages whose documented history may reach the Champlain era (1604-1635) in North America. US. Oneida, Saul., Seneca, Six Nations, Tusca. Purchases of Family Tree downloads can be uploaded to MyHeritage so you can easily build out your family tree no matter what type of computer you are on. St. Pierre = Sampierre acadian metis surnames More about Metis can be found on this page. p. XX, Citation:Estes, Roberta and Marie Rundquist. | Metis, Abenaki, BC First Nations, Iroquois, Mikmaq, Montagnais, Picard | Metis, Abenaki, Iroquois, Malecite, Montagnais, Abenaki, Pierre | Algonquin, BC First Nations, Algon., Cree, Monta., Ojib., Salish, Stoney, Pigeon | Ojibway, Saulteaux, First Nations, Poitras | Metis, Cree, Mixed-heritage: Cree, Prosper | BC First Nations, Cree, Mikmaq, Proulx | Metis, Chippewa, Mixed-heritage: Cree,French, Rainville | Metis, Abenaki, Mixed-heritage: Cree,French, Recollet | Metis, Chippewa, Ojibway, Ottawa Mixed-heritage: Chippewa, Richard | BC First Nations, Chippewa, Cree, Mikmaq, Ojibway, Mixed-heritage, Robert, Roberts | Metis, Abenaki, Algonquin, BC First Nations, Chippewa, Mikmaq, Cree, Mistassini (Cree), Ojibway, Robillard | Metis, Saulteaux, Mixed heritage, Robinson | Metis, Algon., BC First Nations, Cree, Mikmaq, Ojib., Chip., Cree, Roy | Cree, Metis, Mikmaq, Ojibway, Ottawa. Teboh = Thibeau Search in these categories to find other profiles with the designations Each nation reaches its own judgement about membership based on its own nations knowledge, traditions and community circumstances. I refer to this book frequently, usually togther with Denis Jean's book.