The vehicle rolled an estimated seven times. I've been looking for an affordable classic car for a while now as I've wanted to have something more fun to drive around with on the weekends other than my daily car, and I'm so glad my friend Chris recommended checking out SCA auctions. The warning indicator remained illuminated until the engine was turned off. So, how do you know that your seat belts are malfunctioning or damaged after a collision? All fit 1991-2020 Hyundai Elantra and more. Starts: The auction location confirmed that upon arrival at the auction location facility, the vehicle started with or without a jump. I feel this is a failure of Hyundai's research and development plus quality control of a major safety system device. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe for sale in Chandler, AZ | Byrider Live Chat for an exact quote. Hyundai warranty does not cover the airbag control module after 5 years / 60,000 miles. It is part of the Body Control Module according to this http://www.hemanual.org/drl_control_module_repair_procedures-2827.html Lots of information here Took to dealers, they did a diagnostic and said the passenger seat sensor was bad. In most GM cars it is under the driver or passenger seat. How to Diagnose & Reset Hyundai Airbag Light, full system diagnostic scanner for Hyundai vehicles. statistics and reliability analysis of Hyundai Elantra based on all problems reported for the Elantra. Under the bottom cushion of the passenger seat of your Hyundai, you will find a weight sensor. Disconnect the positive battery cable and wait 3 min. Once the sensor is replaced, clear the fault codes, as described in this article. The contact feels that they should repair the failure and; however, the dealer stated that they were not responsible. The failure mileage was 52,000 and the current mileage was 64,000. It can be somewhat unnerving to wonder whether your airbag is working properly, especially if it happens on a highway. 2013 Hyundai Elantra Air Bag Light Comes On: 5 Complaints This vehicle is not owned by SCA or our dealers. The technician stated the airbag module sensor located underneath the passenger seat needed to be replaced. Like (10) Elsa June 10, 2022 See the used 2013 Hyundai Elantra priced at $14,988. FREE membership. The dealer will install a protective cover over the air bag control module connector. Hyundai Elantra Front Air Bag Sensor Control Problems - part 1 These codes and crash data will not clear with a diagnostic scanner. See Hyundai Elantra owners have reported 113 problems related to front air bag sensor control (under the air bag category). I bought a fuel pump oem and the pump is not 2 years old. The vehicle airbag book says their is a sensor in the front center of the car that detects 30 degrees either way. all problems of the 2006 Hyundai Elantra The contact was driving approximately 55 mph when the air bag warning indicator began to illuminate until the engine was turned off. All the dashboard lights turn on but don't start your Hyundai. . Just purchased this vehicle used and the air bag dashboard light went on. The car has not been in any accidents or had any issues. I know the airbags have a sensor, but could they be messed up?. Hyundai Driver's Airbag Replacement Guide - YOUCANIC We participate in the Amazon, Advance Auto Parts, eBayaffiliate programs and may earn a commission when you purchase using links on this site. . By Login or Register you agree with SCA Terms & Conditions, Enter your point of destination to get a shipping estimate, Get In touch by contacting us via The dealer advised her that the driver's side seat sensor needed to be replaced. Required fields are marked *, document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a810b8e19d19d2b3a5097e2c3993a3b9" );document.getElementById("f9c35d78d0").setAttribute( "id", "comment" );Comment *. Privacy Policy Private The dealer would not repair the vehicle according to NHTSA campaign id number 08v532000 (air bags:frontal:sensor/control module). The vehicle was destroyed. Any injury, damage or loss that may result from improper use of the tools, equipment, or the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not Auto Repair Guys. If there are any component problems, the light stays on. 9.1K views 1 year ago WHERE IS THE FRONT AIRBAG CRASH SENSOR ON HYUNDAI, CRASH SENSOR REPLACEMENT Show more Shop the Auto Repair Guys store $24.99 $15.99 We reimagined cable. The contact stated that after having the air bags frontal, sensor/control module (08v53300) repaired under the recall the air bag light remained illuminated while driving 25 mph. Disconnect the battery and bolt down the module and then connect the harness wiring plugs. Verify that the passenger seat sensor is not applied. Another reason why I'm so impressed is that everything is done online. Hyundai should fix this issue and stop making us pay for there mistakes and laziness on these recalls that are so serious. A . statistics and reliability analysis of the 2013 Hyundai Elantra based on all problems reported for the 2013 Elantra. The contact owns 2007 Hyundai Elantra. It has tune up, new sensors, new coils, and etc. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Hyundai. Use of this website requires acceptance of the Privacy Policy, Website Terms of Use and Member Terms & Conditions. updated 07/15/jb. Dealer claimed the srs control module was (now) defective and must be replaced at owners expense. Active Read full answer. See Stationary: The auction location confirmed that upon arrival at the auction location facility, the vehicle did not start, had engine damage, or was not tested for the vehicle's starting capabilities. Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver And Passenger Door Bins. $3,675, Current Bid: I took it to the dealer and was told I need a whole new passenger seat since the controls are attached underneath. The contact owned a 2001 Hyundai Elantra. Forum contains no unread posts Updated 01/21/09. The only person in the car was wearing the seat belt bit suffers from severe whiplash. The contact was also informed that there were two recall repairs under NHTSA campaign id number: 11v143000 (air bags:frontal:sensor/control module) and NHTSA campaign id number: 11v179000 (air bags:frontal:sensor/control module) that were associated with the VIN that had to be performed. Vehicle Location. We do more than just repair the part, we go to the root of the problem and upgrade the components to ensure the issue does not return. ), If all the codes are in Stored status, go back to one level, andselect, Driver Airbag (DAB) Module and Clock Spring. How to Reset Airbag Light (10 Simple Steps) - Off-Roading Pro Behind the cigarette outlet. I have not been able to use my car in a week now because we are still trying to figure out wich sensor it is and if I replace it what will even happen. She stated that the air bag remained illuminated when she took the vehicle to an authorized dealer. Look at the photos - failed to detect and deploy in our case. The airbag light comes on and stays on as well. All descriptions available regarding a vehicle are provided to SCA by the auction seller through IAA as the auction operator. See Tl the contact owns a 2013 Hyundai Elantra. Esc light kept coming on sales manager instructed service dept not to touch my car got test run to check for reports on esc it came back with 2 code c1260(steering sensor)the other b1322(airbag controll)was told if it came back on to bring it back. Iridium vs. Look at the photos - failed to detect and deploy in our case. Hyundai's recall campaign number is 109. You will need to press three locking pins to release the airbag, but since you can't see them, you will need to try for several minutes. Meanwhile, the excessive pressure inside the airbags of the 2006 and 2007 models could cause them to deploy by accident. Fault Code Lookup NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. 1301 York Rd #800Timonium Maryland 21093 USA, About For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the airbag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Another reason why I'm so impressed is that everything is done online. Still waiting for a safety recall on passenger front airbag. Since the air bag control module may be affected in this recall. In the front seat. These diagrams include: Fig. However the remedy referenced in the recall does not allow recourse for consumers who have experienced contamination prior to recall service. Dealer recall work has rendered the srs control module inoperative. Become a member of our free MYAIRBAGS COMMUNITY FORUM HERE: https://forum.myairbags.com/MyAirbags's services are an affordable and effective alternative to expensive dealership part replacements that can save you hundreds of dollars! The contact called the manufacturer regarding scheduling an appointment and was unsuccessful. The contact stated that the failure was a safety issue since the air bag could deploy while driving. Content is for informational purposes only. Dealer finally said they could replace the "sensor mat" in the seat, but did not offer this until the car was no longer under warranty. The odometer represents the mileage of the vehicle. There are no warning stickers on the console warning of the risk of leakage from the cupholder into the console and no warning to this effect in the owner?s manual. I shouldn't have to considering this is an on going issue with Hyundais. The contact owns a 2002 Hyundai Elantra. 00 to fix . MyAirbags will reset your airbag control module back to its original manufacturer state clear of all codes, both soft and hard codes. This seems like a defect to me as never had any vehicles with this important safety issue. This is beyond ridiculous! The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates, & there's a small trend of engine problems. Automatic transmission. 2011-2016 Hyundai Elantra Fuse List, Location - YOUCANIC Do not Attempt!\r\r\rAMAZON ASSOCIATES DISCLOSURE\rAuto Repair Guys is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com\r\r*Disclaimer\rWe, Auto Repair Guys, are not responsible for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Hot Find the best deals on cars, trucks, SUVs, boats, trailers, and more with SCA. Contact Us Search Fixya. Hyundai Elantra owners have reported 113 By bidding, you agree not to rely on any damage codes in deciding whether or how much to bid on a vehicle. Never probe the electrical connectors on airbag or seat belt. Due to a damaged wire harness or damaged clockspring, the airbag light may develop a high resistance code.